The Henry Smith House

Picayune, MS View map
Up to 300 guests

Up to 300 guests

Nestled amid the woodlands of Picayune, Mississippi, a mere forty-five minutes from New Orleans, our spacious two and a half-acre estate is a unique paradise that offers serenity and seclusion from the hustle and bustle of the city. Whether you are looking for a weekend getaway in one of our sumptuous bedroom suites, looking to host an event or wedding, or experience one of our own elegant affairs, it can all be done on our grounds. The Henry Smith House is the perfect choice if you yearn for a genuine and unique experience in an authentic 1900s Victorian home among our pristinely beautiful grounds.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$2,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Event Planning
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Garden
Historic Building
Inn/B&B

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Catering Services
Clean Up
Event Planner
Get Ready Rooms
Set Up

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
  • Brooke
    Brooke M. Married on 10/24/2020

Look no further!! The HSH makes dreams come true.

Hands. down. The absolute most dream worthy wedding venue + most accommodating venue owner in all of the South.

Sooooo I originally planned to get married in New Orleans in November 2020 but due to COVID and everything that brought, we decided to downsize and move it to my hometown in Picayune. Let me just say that this was not settling AT ALL!!!! First off, the venue looks like it dropped right out of Southern Living but what’s really so charming and whimsical is the team you’ll work with.

The moment I met the owner, Dustin, I knew we should’ve made this our original plan since day 1. He’s full of charisma, charm, and hospitality…and not to mention he knows how to throw a helluva party!! Since everything was booked for our wedding 12 months out, we already had a team of vendors confirmed out of New Orleans. Dustin was so accommodating and made sure we were able to bring those companies onboard so we weren’t out any extra money… you truly do not find this anywhere!! He coordinated with all of my original vendors to make sure everything would run smoothly day of.

Then the next curveball… the weather! I was frantic the week of because we were expecting rain all day Friday and Saturday and originally were planning to use all of the grounds for a welcome dinner, brunch, and our reception throughout the weekend… well due to having to create an alternate plan and moving all events under the pavilion, Dustin went the extra mile to make sure no decorations for the reception were visible at the welcome dinner since it had to happen under the same pavilion. He originally was planning to wrap the beams in greenery on Wednesday to get ahead of it, but due to the rain, he waited until everyone was out of the pavilion on Friday night to start adding decor for Saturday’s festivities. I truly didn’t believe he was doing this when he told me. As a bride who had to already change all of the plans, uninvite hundreds of guests, then deal with all of this weather, it meant so much that Dustin cared so deeply about making my fiancé and me happy. You really do not find this level of care anywhere.

Then the events!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! We are still receiving so many compliments about the venue as a whole. From the Victorian home where all of my bridesmaids and I stayed the night before then got ready to the luscious green grounds of the HSH, everything is jaw-dropping beautiful. I’ve several friends who’ve gone to weddings in Tulum, Napa, and Italy, and they literally told me that this is the most beautiful venue and wedding reception that they’ve ever been to.

If you’re thinking of booking the HSH, just do it. I promise you will not regret it and it will forever be the best decision for your wedding weekend. I’m already thinking of a reason to book the HSH again and cannot wait to come back to Picayune to visit Dustin!
    Jennifer Married on 04/04/2015
    Attentive staff + delicious food + beautiful location = Perfect wedding & a happy bride!

Everything about my wedding was perfect, and I wouldn't change a thing. The owners are super sweet and helpful. Even their staff was super attentive. They were there for me at all points of the evening, checking on me, making sure I had a drink.

Only note for brides: Reduce stress on yourself and ask Mrs. Jeanette to coordinate/communicate with your vendors. She has an eye for quality and will not let you down. Had I known she would do this, I could have saved myself several headaches.

Basically, if you choose The Henry Smith House as your venue, you won't regret it!
  • User1387439 2+ years ago
    First time I seen the location I fell in love!!!

99 Henry Smith Road Picayune, MS, 39466
Location of (The Henry Smith House)

The Henry Smith House frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Henry Smith House?

The Henry Smith House includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Chairs
  • Clean Up
  • Event Planning
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At The Henry Smith House, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

The Henry Smith House includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)

What are the most important characteristics of The Henry Smith House in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Henry Smith House for wedding events is known for:
  • Garden
  • Historic Building
  • Inn/B&B

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Henry Smith House for wedding events?

The Henry Smith House offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does The Henry Smith House offer?

The Henry Smith House offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Henry Smith House offer for wedding events?

The Henry Smith House offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Accommodations
  • Catering Services
  • Clean Up
  • Event Planner
  • Get Ready Rooms
  • Set Up

What percentage of users recommend The Henry Smith House and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Henry Smith House is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Jackson for your wedding

Wedding Venues