James Hill, JM JM 0000Z Map · Phone number

About Jamaica Rabbi

I am a Reform Rabbi. I enjoy officiating at weddings along the north coast of Jamaica, as well as in other Caribbean and Latin American countries. I live in Alabama but return frequently to my adopted home.I work intensively with each couple to create a unique service that reflects exactly what you want from that special day.

Follow Jamaica Rabbi on

f4b50d2b72c5f09c me 3
me 1

5 Reviews for Jamaica Rabbi

abigail · Married on 11/24/2015

My husband and I planned a last minute, extremely casual wedding in Jamaica. Rabbi Kaplan was extremely understanding of the time crunch and worked with our schedules (we are extremely busy and travel constantly) to help us plan the ceremony we wanted. Our planning sessions were informative and fun. At no point were we overwhelmed or uncomfortable with the pace or the planning for our wedding. Rabbi Kaplan arrived the day of the wedding and spent time with our family. This was important as we had less than ten guests and two of them were under the age of 5. The wedding was beautiful, exactly what we wanted, and we couldn't be happier with how things turned out. We would recommend Rabbi Kaplan to anyone planning a wedding in Jamaica.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Hannah · Married on 11/14/2015

Rabbi Kaplan officiated at our wedding at Round Hill, Hotel & Villas in Montego Bay, Jamaica. He worked closely with us from day one (from afar), scheduling several Skype sessions in which we went over our backgrounds, what a Jewish ceremony meant to us, and each part of the wedding ceremony. We ultimately worked together to create an individualized and perfect wedding ceremony that we could not have been happier with. He is very kind, thoughtful, accommodating, knowledgeable, and extremely reliable. He was great at cultivating a nice friendship with us and with our families before the wedding day and he was a calming presence throughout the process. Rabbi Kaplan is very experienced and he anticipated, planned, and executed everything perfectly. We were thrilled with our experience with him and look forward to maintaining a relationship with him in the future.

Sent on 02/27/2016

Mollie · Married on 05/24/2015

Rabbi Dana Kaplan was excellent. Deserves more than 5 stars. We are from NY and got married in Jamaica, we were extremely nervous about having someone we haven't actually met in person officiate us but Rabbi Kaplan made us feel comfortable from day 1. We skyped several times leading up to the wedding. He got to know us as a couple and we got to know him. He was also a delight to have at our wedding and completely adapted to our style when he officiated us. He is flexible, knowledgeable, and also funny! Highly recommend Rabbi Kaplan.

Sent on 08/08/2015

Jamaica Rabbi FAQ

• What religious affiliations do you serve? Jewish
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? 30-60 mins.

• New Kingston See on map