329 Atlanta Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 16

About Iamnotmaggie Fine Art

Welcome to Iamnotmaggie Fine Art, a Live Event Painting service!

Live event painting is a specialty service where a fine artist paints the scene around them as the scene is happening. Maggie Smith Kuhn paints your wedding reception while guests watch her work. The painting usually includes the bride and groom, the reception room and details, and renderings of important guests.

Before the end of the night, Maggie will finish your painting and display it to you and your guests. You get to take the completed painting home on your wedding night, making it your first married heirloom in your new life together.

Follow Iamnotmaggie Fine Art on

Iamnotmaggie Fine Art 7
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 02/09/2019

Forever Treasure for the most Special Day

I am going to add to the absolutely deserved praise Maggie receives for her work because she is just top-tier amazing. My husband didn’t even know this service even existed but he was on board as soon as I told him about Maggie and her work. We had decided we did not want a videographer for our wedding so we allocated those funds towards event painting. Although there were event painters closer to where we lived, we decided to fly out Maggie because she seemed so worth it and we were not wrong. Before I get into how in awe we and our guests were, I just want to add my further appreciation for Maggie regarding her bookings and courtesy. When I first reached out to Maggie, I asked her if our wedding date was available. She let me know it was and that to confirm the date, to send the deposit. I planned on sending the deposit as soon as I received her response but a financial situation came up and I was unable to send it promptly. I was afraid our date would be taken as we tried to build our budget back up and just assumed Maggie would move on because I had yet to respond to her. Lo and behold, after some time, she got in contact with me when another bride-to-be requested our date. She let me know that since I was the first to call dibs verbally, she contacted me to see if I would still like to book her. I was so happy that she still had the courtesy to let me know even though I was the one that was lagging in response. I took that as a second chance and scrounged up what we could at the moment to ensure we can have her come. My guests were floored at how she brought our event to life and I truly love how she included all the most important people. Her detail work is impeccable and people still rave to me about what a special idea it was to have such talent at the wedding. I cannot wait to frame up the final painting and have it hanging in my forever home. Thank you so much, Maggie!

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Iamnotmaggie Fine Art 8
    Iamnotmaggie Fine Art 9
  • Amanda

Amanda Lutin · Married on 11/16/2018

You have to work with Maggie-she brings something magical to any event!

I cannot emphasize how incredibly talented Maggie is! She did individual portraits at my wedding reception. We got an incredible response from our guests who went home that night with a painting of them or their family. Maggie also did a painting of me and my now husband before the wedding and it is truly special. Additionally, Maggie helped me with a gift for my dad. My dad is incredibly challenging to get gifts for and we wanted to do something to say thank you for hosting such an amazing wedding. Maggie painted from a photo of me and my dad when I was a toddler. It brought tears to my eyes and to his as well. She captured the happiness that was portrayed in the photo. She was so kind and very responsive throughout the process. She brought so much to our special day and it was an honor to have her there.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/18/2017

My now husband & I had settled on a French Provencal venue outside of Austin, Texas - & I was looking at ways to make our wedding special. I really wanted it to have a French feel without being themed (I am half French, & knew I was going to have actual people from France at our wedding).

One Friday night I had a thought - "I wonder if there is a watercolor artist who paints portraits, kind of like they do in (albeit my favorite) touristy part of Montmartre," & quickly started googling. My efforts paid off in spades & led me to an article about Maggie & her 5 minute portraits. By Sunday, we had her booked!

In the year or so leading up to the wedding, Maggie was always available (& super sweet) whenever I had any questions, & I was beyond excited to actually meet her & see her talent in person. She kindly did portraits of my husband & I in advance, & one of our 2 dogs at my request. They turned out beautifully, & she brought them framed to display at our wedding.

Our guests have not stopped gushing about Maggie. I was so sad that I literally only got to spend about 30 seconds with her after all this time, but everyone was so excited & interested in having Maggie paint their portrait! Ultimately she was able to paint about 70 out of our 105 guests. She was there & ready before our ceremony, & I know a few people who arrived early & got portraits - including 2 of my junior bridesmaids who had snuck out while we were getting ready. According to everyone (&my firsthand experience), Maggie was nothing but lovely, fun & professional. It has been so fun to see our guests' portraits as they share them with us or pop up on facebook. We even got the added bonus of being featured in her new video series, The Wedding Painter, & have a special video souvenir of our wedding day.

Thank you Maggie for making our day so special. Your talent & skillset are truly unique, & I hope that one day we can actually spend more than 30 seconds together, because you're the best!

Sent on 11/26/2017