Cooper Grace Hair and Makeup

Havre de Grace, MD View map Visit website

Cooper Grace Hair and Makeup, based in Havre de Grace, Maryland, offers couples a versatile and creative stylist for their wedding day. Founder Shaun McFadden is a highly passionate professional who loves helping each client's natural beauty shine for their special occasion. Shaun has been in the hairstyling business since 2001. In that time, she has helped countless clients get ready for their long-awaited events. With this wealth of experience, she can get you ready on your big day with a smooth and seamless approach.

Cooper Grace Hair and Makeup offer a range of styling services, tailoring their experiences to suit your needs. As an on-site stylist, Shaun can get you ready at your venue, saving you precious time on your special day. Additionally, for a more creative experience, she can host a trial session with you to help you find your ideal look for your big moment.

• Woman-owned

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?

$25

What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?

$95

What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?

$76

What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?

$85

$75

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$95

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$75

What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?

$95

What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?

$75

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$85

$76

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What beauty services do you offer?

Hair
Makeup
Licensed

What hair services do you offer?

Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup

4 out of 5 rating

• Melody
    Melody I. Married on 05/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We Couldn't Have Asked For More!

I hired Ashley to do makeup for my wedding on 5/14/22. When I saw Ashley’s work online, I knew she was able to create the look I had envisioned for my wedding day. Ashley traveled to our site and arrived early and was set up when we were ready to go. She was very professional, kind, and meshed well with the personality of our group. Her makeup prices were very reasonable and she left all 5 of us (bride, 4 bridesmaids, mother of bride) feeling beautiful!! The makeup lasted all night long. 10/10 would hire her again and again. These photographs were taken by Trans4mation Photography!
  • Kayla
    Kayla R. Married on 05/22/2021

95 degrees, humid, and the curls/makeup stayed

I had 10 girls (maids, moms and me!) get their hair, and 7 girls get their makeup done. They did an AMAZING job. I had this dream hairdo that was half up and half down with curls and I knew it was a risk with how hot and humid it was, but still opted to try the curls. THEY. STAYED. the entire day, even with headbanging and the most ridiculous dancing. Our makeup also stayed on the entire day, and I swear we were SWEATY.

Everyone looked amazing. They did such an amazing job working with each individual girl's qualities, all different hair types, hair types etc!

There was some confusion on the start time, but they were so sweet about coming later so we could get a little extra sleep. It was hot in the house, and the ladies kept up such a great attitude while doing our hair and makeup.

This group of women were such a positive part of my big day. They were so lovely and flexible; changing the start times, adding unplanned ladies to the makeup lineup, etc... I wouldn't think twice about hiring this vendor!
    Laurel O. Married on 05/14/2022
    3.2 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating

Gifted stylist, poor communicator. Get price in writing.

Shaun did hair for me and three attendants for my 5/14/22 wedding. She did a beautiful job with two elaborate updos, a curly half-up half-down style, and a straight short bob, and everyone's hair survived the rain and looked beautiful in pictures, not the least bit bedraggled even by the end of the night after a lot of dancing.

However, I was disappointed by the way Shaun communicated about pricing. I'd paid what I thought was her full charge (but turned out to cover only my hair - that wasn't specified in the contract!) and brought a travel fee and tip to give her on the day of. She took the envelope and left... but then texted 20 minutes before the ceremony, to say she needed payment for the remaining three hairdos. I didn't answer, because I thought I'd paid in full, and because I was busy getting married. I thought we could sort it out after the wedding was concluded. She contacted me twice more during wedding festivities on Sunday, which had me mobile banking instead of enjoying time with my guests. Eventually my planner got involved, determined that Shaun had made a mistake about the amount I'd deposited, and got her to itemize the remaining amount owed (which turned out to be less than she initially stated). Once the misunderstanding was sorted out, I sent the money within three hours. But again, the total cost for services was never communicated (verbally or in writing) before the pre-ceremony "you shorted me" text. Overall, the transaction added a lot of stress to the weekend, and I don't understand why it couldn't have waited until Monday; it would have cost her nothing and meant a lot to me. If you hire Shaun, I recommend getting a full accounting of prices ahead of time and making sure that you're square before she leaves your venue.

Cooper Grace Hair and Makeup's reply:

Laurel,
    I am so happy that you were pleased with everyone's hair and so sorry about the mix up with paying, I have never had a problem like this in the past. As you know from my earlier apology, I have a lot on my mind with the recent sudden passing of my Father and two other very sick family members at the same time. While that is not an excuse I would hope that it would have granted me a little bit of an understanding.

To try to clarify a little bit about what happened, I usually collect from each person after I have completed their service. However, I misunderstood your text two days prior and assumed the check you were writing was for the total sum of four people getting their hair done, plus the travel fee, minus the deposit, which explains why I didn't look at the check you handed me right then and there. After communicating with your wedding planner and she confirmed with me what your actual deposit was, I looked and knew right away where the misunderstanding was on my part and was able to get her the correct balance due. It was a simple misunderstanding that was quickly fixed.

Because of this situation, I will now have the pricing broken down in my contracts. To be fair, at any time you could have checked the pricing that is stated on the website if you were unsure. I feel it is also note-worthy to say that two days prior to your wedding I sent you a text with instructions for what I would need for the day of. One of those instructions was to have dry hair. It says in the contract that if I have to dry anyone's hair there will be an additional $30 fee for each person who needs drying. Three of the four people getting services that day had wet hair and the two that I did have to dry I chose not to charge you that extra fee for.

Furthermore, the text about the balance owed said to please get back to me "at your earliest convince". I fully did not expect to hear from you until the next day. It was not a "you shorted me" text, it was a "you have a remainder due for services rendered" text. Although I initially miscalculated your balance due, I assure you it was not intentional or to try to scheme you out of more money. After a brief conversation with your wedding planner we were able to straighten it all out without issue.

As I stated before, I have a few things outside of work happening right now that are not the easiest situations to deal with by any means, and while that is not an excuse for being scatter brained, I would have hoped you would have understood after we spoke about it. I am truly sorry your experience with me wasn't the best on your special day but I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and your family and I wish you all the best.
illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Havre de Grace Havre de Grace, MD, 21078
Location of (Cooper Grace Hair and Makeup)

Other vendors in Baltimore for your wedding