Alecs Kay Photography

Fargo, ND View map
$3,200 Most Popular Price

$3,200 Most Popular Price

Alecs Kay Photography is a portrait and wedding photographer in Fargo, North Dakota. Although Alecs Kay Photography is located in Fargo, Alecs also loves to travel around the region for beautiful weddings. Alecs has been photographing weddings since 2011 and still enjoys every moment of a wedding day. Alecs is mainly a natural light photographer, but is also skilled in off camera flash for indoor wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Alecs Kay Photography offers a variety of wedding packages starting at six hours. All three of the wedding packages include the wedding day coverage, a custom online gallery of edited photos, and a printing release for the gallery. The top package offered includes ten hours of wedding day coverage, as well as, a second photographer and a one hour engagement session.

All photos are edited by Alecs Kay Photography and delivered within four to six weeks of the wedding day. All Alecs Kay weddings are also blogged within one week of the wedding. That means over 75 photos will be available to view within seven days of the wedding day. A typical wedding gallery includes 600-1000 photos depending on the hours of coverage in the wedding package.

Engagement sessions are one hour and are included in two of Alecs Kay Photography's wedding packages. Engagement sessions are also delivered through on online gallery and include a printing release. Engagement sessions are a fun way to get comfortable behind the camera and practice for your wedding day. Alecs highly recommends engagement sessions for all of her wedding clients.

Other Services

Along with being a wedding photographer in Fargo, Alecs Kay Photography also offers portrait sessions that include family photos and high school senior sessions. You can continue to work with Alecs Kay Photography throughout all of life's moments after your wedding day.

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$2,800

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$3,200

Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Krista T. Married on 08/31/2019

Like working with a talented family friend

I took a chance when I hired a photographer for our wedding in August 2019. My fiance and I lived out of state, and since we weren't able to visit Fargo before the wedding, I had to pick someone based on internet research and phone/email communication only.

Things could have gone so, so poorly, but instead I got a social media recommendation to check out Alecs Kay Photography. From the beginning, I was very impressed. In one of our initial emails, Alecs proposed a photo timeline for the day which took into account our existing plans and venues, our individual requests, and the season.

Alecs did her best to help us, a clueless couple, navigate the wedding planning process. Her blog was a great source of information, and after we'd signed the agreement she sent us a welcome kit that included a book she'd put together with some sample photos and advice. She recommended vendors when I asked, and was very responsive in answering any questions.

She managed to walk the fine line of being an advisor without ever making us feel pressured. She recommends doing a first look, but when we said we weren't interested she didn't try to insist. In one case, I ended up choosing a vendor she didn't recommend, and she never showed any sign of disapproval.

It was quite clear that to Alecs, our wedding photos were about us. She didn't treat the day as an opportunity to get samples for her portfolio, instead she was concerned with making sure we were comfortable and had the shots we wanted. She had us fill out a detailed survey of all the groups we wanted photos of, and then she made a point to follow it.

She normally offers an engagement shoot as part of a package deal, but since my fiance and I had already had an engagement shoot, I asked if she could do a boudoir shoot instead. She happily agreed, even though it wasn't a specialty of hers and required some extra research and planning on her part.

Since we had never met in person I was surprised at how quickly we developed a rapport. I expected some degree of awkwardness since we were essentially business contacts meeting at a formal event, but she quickly set everyone at ease. Anyone who didn't know better might think she was an old family friend who was doing this as a favor.

After the wedding, she was very prompt about editing and sharing our photos. One major plus, and a big reason why I signed the contract in the first place, was that all the digital photo files were included in the standard package price. (This may just be my own pet peeve, but I positively HATE IT when photography package prices are based on a handful of prints or a printed book, while the digital files are protected like trade secrets. What century are we in, anyway? I'm going to share these photos on Facebook long before I get around to framing them.)

Overall, I was extremely impressed with Alecs, and would definitely recommend her to other couples. She is outgoing, considerate, and a great photographer to boot. I'm not planning to get married again any time soon, but if I was I would certainly work with her again.
  • Aimee
    Aimee Married on 05/11/2019

Best bang for your buck!

Alecs is seriously good!! She edits photos perfectly, makes taking photos comfortable, and has a great personality. She set up every picture fast and efficiently! At the end of the night she had edited like 7 photos so we could sneak peek right there at the reception! You will not regret hiring her!
  • FutureMrs.Larson
    Alecs Married on 06/24/2017

Beautiful Work!

Alecs Kay Photography does absolutely beautiful work. AKP photographed my son's wedding, 2 high school senior sessions, family photos, couple photos of my husband and I and my son's engagement pictures. She is also the only professional photographer of my grandson. AKP does amazing work!! AKP has the quickest turn around time from taking the photos until she delivers them to you. You must give AKP Photography the opportunity to capture the meaningful memories in your life. You will not be disappointed with the results!!

Real Weddings

• Stacy & Dan
    23 photos · 12/29/2018

1014 21st Ave S Fargo, ND, 58103
(701) 526-4615
Location of (Alecs Kay Photography)

Other vendors in Fargo for your wedding