11050 Herschel Loop, Spanish Fort, AL 36526 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 12
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 1

About Abigail Wellinghurst Photography

An award winning Wedding & Portrait Photographer based in the Gulf of Alabama & Serving primarily Alabama & Florida and accepting limited opportunities for Destination & Travel Weddings! (See my list below for my bucket list locations!)
Voted Best of The Coast 3 years running, Published World Wide, with 10 years of Wedding & Photography experience!

Learn more about my heart & background below!

I always accredit my love for photography and missions to my grandmother. I know that sounds so cliche, but, it's my truth. I hardly remember a time where I was around her that she wasn't either wielding a camera or a bible. She was fearless. She was bold. She was feisty. She pushed boundaries and asked questions. She loved to read. She taught me to play cards, always snuck me gum after mom said no, and eventually, gave me my very first camera. Unfortunately, this gift that would one day be my marker on the world was passed on to me after she left this world.
I began realizing my desire for photography in high-school. I was always the one having friends come over, dressing up, doing make overs, and creating make shift photoshoots either in my living room or throughout my neighborhood. (I would like to apologize to those that suffered through those experiences simply because they loved me!)
I had always intended to be a dental hygienist and began my college career with that goal in mind. I quickly felt the need to do something more but was unsure of what that would look like. I ventured off to a college eight hours away from home and switched my major a total of five times before realizing that my call was to Missions. I was unsure of what this would look like for me, and quite honestly, thought I would be living in a jungle on the Amazon River for the rest of my life.
While in college, I continued forcing my friends to stand in front of my lens and eventually, started getting paid to do it. I started off just like everyone else, inexperienced. I remember the day I was asked to shoot my very first wedding. I was so excited and so nervous. I was totally unqualified. Yet, these sweet people saw something in me that would one day help me realize my value. Flash forward seven years and I am now an award winning, published, professional wedding photographer. People just kept booking me and I kept falling more in love with it with every wedding.

No, I am not living in a jungle somewhere. My life looks very different than I once envisioned it. But what I came to learn was that my call to Missions- MY CALL TO LOVING PEOPLE- doesn't have to be in a jungle or third world country to count as Missions. I can love my people well, invest in their lives and stories, help educate and minister, and still be missional in my career.

I was once considered unqualified and unworthy- BUT- God qualifies the unqualified; and I am so glad He does.

WANDERLUST

MY PASSION FOR PEOPLE, OUTDOORS, AND MISSIONS HAS CULTIVATED A LOVE FOR TRAVEL. A DESIRE TO EXPLORE UNCHARTED WORLDS AND THE NEED TO PHOTOGRAPH THE BEAUTY OF THE CREATION GOD HAS MADE. IF YOU ARE PLANNING A WEDDING OR SIGNIFICANT TRIP TO ANY OF THESE PLACES (OR OTHERS) PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PACK ME IN YOUR SUITCASE AND BRING ME ALONG!

NYC, NEW YORK

• Real Weddings 37
  • Videos 1

4 Reviews for Abigail Wellinghurst Photography

ashley · Married on 03/26/2016

Abi and her team did an AMAZING job shooting our wedding. We recently got our pictures back and were blown away. They are gorgeous. She took the time to make sure that everything on our must shoot list was accomplished and so much more. She is very dedicated and passionate about the work that she does and it shows in her photos. Not only is she a great photographer but she is super fun and flexible. Abi stayed at the beach house with our extended families for the weekend to capture all those special wedding moments. That right there, takes a truly amazing person. We could not have found a better photographer!

Sent on 05/04/2016
  • User4499379 · event on 10/17/2014

She does an impeccable job!! Can't recomend her enough!

Sent on 10/24/2014
  • User4499168 · event on 01/01/2014

Not only does Abby have a friendly and outgoing personality, she has real talent for taking beautiful pictures! It's obvious to tell that she has a real passion for what she does and that she loves to see people in love! I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Abigail Wellinghurst Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Digital Files, Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism, Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Abigail Wellinghurst Photography 1
    -5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• 11050 Herschel Loop Spanish Fort, Florida, 36526 See on map
    Tuesday, Thursday, Fridays 8am-5pm All other days are by appointment only.