Zach Downing - DJ / Emcee / Entertainer

Value
Flexibility
Patti
05/23/2014

We loved working with Zach! So knowledgable, nice and extremely professional.

Services Used: DJ

Zach did an amazing job. He allowed everything to run smoothly on our wedding day and was not tacky or cheesy at all. He made us and our guest feel very welcome and comfortable. If he's available book him for your wedding now!!!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Zach did such a great job, we couldn't have been happier with everything!

Kenna
04/04/2014

Zach did a great job at our wedding and reception. We didn't want to necessarily do all the traditions at our reception and he had great ideas about alternatives to the bouquet toss that would get our guests on the dance floor - and they worked! He got the timing of the music for our ceremony down perfectly and played all the music on our must-have list. That made the event fun for us. He also incorporated a good mix of additional songs that people enjoyed. That made the event fun for our guests. All goals met! My only disappointment was the photo booth prints. He designed an awesome postcard for our guests to take with them. The version we actually had at the reception had the same info - just wasn't formatted as awesome as his design!

Services Used: DJ

Zach was truly amazing, we felt so at ease after meeting with him at his office, we booked the day we got the quote. It was really great actually feeling like he was part of our team and not just "another vendor" he helped us prepare our family and bridal party in the weeks leading up to the wedding day by giving me little "tips" on making them help kick the party off and it was great because just as he suggested it did!!! I have gotten so many compliments on the ceremony and everything but people keep raving about the PARTY!

If you are just looking for a DJ and just want an average party don't hire Zach, his skills, expertise, experience and all around helpful planning tips will take your party WAY beyond what "just a DJ" can do. We also loved how all his companies worked together, photo booth(duet), lighting(empire)
So while we were dealing with separate companies it didn't feel like it and we didn't have to talk to different people leading upto the wedding day.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Zach was fantastic, we really enjoyed the personal consultations that he offered. When we were searching for a "DJ" we really thought that it would be somebody standing up playing music and making a few announcements, at least that is what all my friends ever had at their wedding. When we called Zach he offered to setup a meeting in his office, after that meeting we really understood how much of a difference hiring someone who would get to know us personally, spend the time to really try to make our reception different.

The day of our wedding he and his staff were on time, they setup everything early, our hotel actually commented on how professional he and his staff were to us that day.

If you are looking for just a DJ I think that he has another company he owns that offers that, but we wanted to invest in more than just a DJ, which is what we got. We did pay much more for his services than a few other places were offering but we felt it would be a good investment keeping out guests in mind and their investment in getting to our wedding, as well as the success of the evening, which it was. He was also HIGHLY recommended by MANY of our other vendors that we were using. We also ended up booking his Photo Booth company Duet Photo Booth (which was a huge hit and he also hooked us up with his lighting company Empire Lighting, he gave us a pretty sweet discount for using both companies!

1+ year ago

Very friendly and great to work with!

Sarah
12/13/2013

Zach was great to work with! Very accommodating to all our needs, would highly recommend him. He was very professional and made our reception a great party!

1+ year ago

DJ Zach is fantastic! We met with him several times and he was very helpful and made us very comfortable from the start. He played great music and kept people on the dance floor from beginning to end during our reception. Couldn't have asked for anything more!!

Haley
10/05/2013

Amazing and professional! Zach definitely did a wonderful job!!!!!

1+ year ago

This guy and his team were great! Fun and brought a real professionalism. We had the photo booth which was a blast. Worth every cent.

Lisa
09/21/2013

Zach made my reception a total hit! He not only provided the perfect lighting and music, but he truly made the party! My husband and I didn't have to worry about any of the details, Zach took care of them. He made sure that we were worry-free and could just enjoy our night. He went above and beyond what we expected. We still hear from friends and family saying our reception was the best they've ever attended because of how much fun Zach made it. He provided excellent service and we could not have been happier! Zach will forever be our go to DJ for parties!

Emily
09/14/2013

Zach Downing did our wedding reception, and did a fantastic job. He was extreamly professional and alot of fun to work with. His group also did the lighting at our venu, and it was beautiful. We also got a good deal to get the photobooth as well, all were better than we could have imagined. We had a late meeting with him due to us living out of town prior to the wedding, but it was very helpful and informative. He actually customizes your wedding reception, and tries to get to know your personality to help fufil your wants. Not the tipical dj that demands all attention on himself with cheesey dances and one liners, but great at what he does and mixing the music the way he does. He had a great way of keeping the mood and party going, and we danced all night long! I would say from experience with other DJ's he was hands down the best we have both ever come in counter with. If you want something fresh and fun, hire this DJ and also think about the other things his company offers!

Laine
09/07/2013

Zach is such a great DJ! He kept people dancing and having fun, exactly like we wanted!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer

We had been to some decent and NOT so decent weddings over the years together and Drew (my fiance) and I agreed that this was a big priority. We also agreed that we would NOT be the couple that did the dreaded IPOD WEDDING! (YIKES!!) so our search was on!

We met a few companies at a wedding show, one was SUPER annoying and kept calling and bugging us to book with them for a "wedding show special"

We had an amazing photographer who asked who our DJ was, when we told her that we were still looking she said "Call this guy"(Zach Downing)...we were both in school so when we were back during summer break we setup a meeting with him.

When I think "meeting" I think conference room, sales pitches and boring" well we met Zach at his Tulsa office (which is FREAKING AWESOME) its very Ikea, modern and comfortable! We actually got to sip a glass of champange and have a beer as we laughed, talked, told wedding horror stories as he listened to us! I think he could tell we were really scared to get a bad DJ and after that meeting we knew we found our DJ!....

So the party was awesome..I wish I could think of another word to decribe it but ya...it rocked...my family, friends, even our catering company staff people were dancing! I love my photos, love the memories, I didn't have to worry about cheesy songs or skits, Zach made the night with elegance, flow, an awesome mix of music (he has this way of mixing music that is just ...ya very cool! So if you are looking for a DJ there are A TON of them all over Tulsa, Oklahoma whereever you are, but if you want a DJ, Emcee and someone who won't embarass you CALL ZACH, Meet with him and invest in this part of the reception, I know its easy to fall into the low price trap but move some money around, take it from a real bride..this is one thing you WANT to double up your budget on!!!!

Matthew
08/31/2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about Zach Downing. He certainly knew how to keep my guests up out of their seats and on the dance floor, and kept the party going well into the night! (In fact, our venue had to turn the lights on and kick half of the guests out at midnight!).

I purchased Zach's DJ services and added the Photobooth last minute. It was an excellent decision, as we were presented a scrapbook of all our guests' photobooth pictures following the reception which makes for fond memories of the reception. If I ever have the need to have DJ services at an event in the future, I know exactly who I'll call.

Give Zach a shot! The professionalism, value, and quality of service you receive are top notch and well worth it!