Winnie Couture Flagship Bridal Salon Houston

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.1

I only came here because I made an appointment at the Houston Bridal Expo, but this happened to be the place that I found THE dress. After trying on hundreds of dresses, I must say that Winnie's dresses are made with the best materials. I loved how soft the tulle on my dress was and how it was designed to look like the dress was floating across the floor when I walked. I loved my dress, but I was extremely shocked by the price tag. Also, buyer beware that if you are shopping for a dress for a date in less than 6 months, you WILL have to pay the expedited shipping fee that Winnie requires. Another price to tack on was custom sizing. They did pressure me to buy in my first visit with the "first visit discount" that they offered. This left me feeling uneasy. Any bride knows that buying a dress is no easy decision, so it would be nice to not have to worry about extra fees and possibly missing out on a one time discount if you didn't decide RIGHT AWAY.

2.3

I loved my dress. It was the third dress I tried on. I wish I would have tried more on, but I felt like I was pushed to get it then. That the bridal extrav. discount was too great to pass up. After a 3 month rush fee which was a few hundred and a custom fitting that was a few hundred my dress came out to over $3,000. I figured a custom fitting would include the height since I told her the inches of my heals, apparently not. My family and bridesmaids weren't there when I bought my dress and when it finally came in, they all planned to be there. When I called back to tell them my available day, they said that the manager said no, that it was the Saturday of black Friday and a huge sale day. No one but my sister saw the dress. Which made me super sad. I wanted the support and confirmation that I was making the right choice. That didn't happen. The alterations place they suggested a few doors down had to take in my dress a lot. I did loose weight, but I thought they would be a little more reasonably priced. Winnie said they were amazing they were completely wrong. Another 700 dollars later it fit but the lace was destroyed. I mentioned I wanted to keep the extra lace and material they were cutting off (4 inches from the top and 8 off of the bottom) to add the a christening dress for my future daughters. They handed me 4 small pieces that fit in the palm of my hand- that I am pretty sure came off of someone else's dress; after the lady from the back was rude and told me that I never told them to save the material. Pretty much yelled at me. I told the man at every fitting I had and it was on the order form which I told her, but she didn't seem to care. I wish Winnie never referred me to them. They butchered my dress.

1.1

I was extremely disappointed on how the dress was made, the customer service, and truly the overall experience.

*the dress was extremely tight: my measurements were the exact same and did not change. The fault was from the person who either measured me or the person who made the dress. I was first told that I must have gained weight. Once I was measured they realized that had nothing to do with it.
*the straps were never sized and were leaving red marks on my shoulder because it was cutting my circulation. The sales rep had to take pictures.
*the sequin belt was completely crooked- they couldn't even get that right?
*the back was not even able to button because the lace will tear
*unable to sit down on the dress
*the zipper on the back was not even aligned in the middle

Even the alterations guy from winnie couture said the dress was poorly made. I demanded a discount or refund of some sort. The manager told me they don't do discounts/refunds but they can offer to pay for alterations to be done since I paid for the dress to be custom fitted (extra 1200). After I received the dress from alterations, it actually looked worse. The alterations guy told me its difficult to make a dress bigger than smaller.

After an email written to corporate, 5 separate conversations with the manager, and having to threaten the manager that we will contact her boss, I was allowed to exchange this dress for a "sample try on dress that smelled and was stained." The manager said they were doing a favor for me and didn't want to refund my customize fee (1200). After my mom yelling at the manager and crying, the manager finally gave in and refunded the 1200. The manager told my mom that this was none of her business and she can discuss everything with me (the bride). It had everything to do with my mother since she made the payment!! This was a month long process and 4 weeks out from my wedding day since they were initially late with the delivery.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I love this place! When I called to make the appointment they girl who answered said "I think you are going to find your dress here" and I totally bought my dress that day!

4.7

I was ALMOST very disappointed with Winnie Couture but Breanna saved the day for me. I had booked an appointment at a bridal event and the lady said she would personally be taking care of me. I called the day of my appointment just to make sure I had the time right and I was told that I wasn't even on the schedule. That I would need to come in the next week. That wasn't an option since my family had come in from out of town to be there with me. Breanna told me that if I didn't mind the noise from vacuum cleaners, I could come in while the cleaning service was there, which I assume was probably her lunch break as well. Everything was perfect. She was so friendly and sweet. She went out of her way to make us comfortable and she was very professional. I ended up buying the first dress I tried on. It turned out to be a great experience thanks to Breanna.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My dress was so beautiful! Totally worth the price tag! The staff was so polite and friendly and they really made you feel special. They listen very well to what you are looking for. The only thing I wish they did was give me champagne to toast after you have found your dress! I saw them do it for another bride, but not me.

1 Review
4.3

Winnie Couture was fabulous, they have great dresses to fit any style. I have visited about 7 different bridal salons and was unable to make a decision. I was referred to Winnie Couture and suddenly it was a hard decision between two favorites. I found THE dress on my first visit here. My only regret is that I didn't find this place sooner! This is also the most professional bridal salon I have been to; even my bridesmaids commented on how special the ladies make you feel and how excellent the service and selection was.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I purchased the Annabelle dress, and couldn't have been happier with it! I had to place a rush on my order, and the dress came in with plenty of time for tailoring. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about advising me on which size to order. My experience at Winnie Couture was excellent!

CARMEN
02/22/2014

Nothing short of being spectacular!!!
They were very attentive and loved the experience

1 Review
1+ year ago
0.3

upon visiting the store, the stylist named Gina appeared extremely nice. telling us she has a rich husband and she basically didn't need the commission, she was doing it because she loved it. i was pressured by her to buy a dress on the spot because if i came back the next day the price would be higher. i pleaded with her to let me think it over, she again explained to me that i would be saving more money if i purchased on the spot. after making such a hasty decision, i realized that the changes i wanted made to the dress, i no longer needed them. i wanted the dress as is. i quickly called her less than 24hours later, she said although i no longer need the original mix/match i would still have to pay the fee for that, plus an additional $300 to for a different neckline. one would imagine that since i was no longer getting the changes made they would apply that credit towards the neckline. instead i was asked to pay more money. i have never in my life written a review about any company ever before in life! once they get your money they treat you with horrible customer service. i had to call her over 5times to even get her on the phone. i asked to speak with the regional manager whom i was initially told( by the girl who answered the phone) was in the store, but once she got back on the phone she claimed she left already. they have zero customer service(once they get your money) please, do NOT patronize them!!! beware!!! don't make the same mistake i made!! spend your money else where!! i am also writing to the BBB. no one deserves to treated like that!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Loved Winnie Couture the I went to almost every wedding dress store in Houston and the by far exceeded my expectations and created exactly what I visioned

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bought dress during black friday sale. Very private setting. Will not book multiple brides at the same time. Highly recommended.

0.4

HORRIBLE business practices. I was purchasing my dress at the Galleria location and was treated just fine, as you would expect, UNTIL I asked if I could have the afternoon to think about what I was spending and adding to my dress, etc. That is when the claws came out. I was told "If you leave without finalizing your purchase, we will have to charge you an additional 20%" in a very short and threatening tone. I WAS SHOCKED!! She was super nice up until the very moment I asked for a few hours to contemplate everything. That is when she became rude, insulting and unprofessional. I asked why I had to pay more and was told "Our computer system won't allow the discount if you leave. There is nothing I can do about it" I emailed the manager and asked for clarification and got the runaround. She replied with " I am not going to explain nor defend our policies. I hope you have a great wedding"!!! I asked for assistance and clarificatrion in 4 seperate emails and i received replys back that failed to adress the question i was asking whiuch was "Do you charge a potential customer more money if they fail to do business on their initial visit?" I was told "Yes we do but it sounds rude when you put it that way" on the phone but they would not deny it at all in writing. My dress was almost $3,000.00 and I was treated like a burden and absolutely insulted by this pressure tactic. VERY unprofessional from the top down. I found several dresses that I LOVED with other local stores and didn't have to tolerate their "take it or leave it, we don't care" attitude and I saved a ton of money in the process. Don't stand for this treatment ladies ... there are MANY other places to do business with that have dresses just as beautiful (if not more so) at much better prices!

Not a typical Bride...
In the sense that I was really not looking forward to looking for my wedding dress. I heard way too many horror stories.

Winnie Couture Associates were great at handling myself and my family that came with me when I selected my wedding gown. Made great suggestions, did not pressure me into anything that I did not like or want, was very conscience about my budget and did not waiver from it. They really helped me find the dress that I felt good about and would love.

I ended up with a dress that was unique, gorgeous and they even let me add some embellishments to the wedding gown.

My wedding was a destination wedding and they assisted me with shipping it to the location and even helped me ship my flower girls dresses as well. They have great customer service and really cared about all the details I needed for the special day.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Simply gorgeous... Was incredibly impressed with the hospitality and attention Nicole provided during all fittings. Her follow up and attention to detail was much appreciated. The dresses are BEAUTIFUL!!! On the pricey side compared to several, however the quality in all of their dresses is unmatched. Highly recommended!!

1+ year ago

Her dresses are amazing, i walked into the store and instantly fell in love with my dress, even though i wasn't engaged yet, they were so nice with having me trying it on. a week later I came in and bought the dress. her dresses are elegant and extravagant at the same.