Wind Watch Golf & Country Club

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I had 3 must haves for my wedding search. One wedding at a time, awesome food, and outdoor ceremony area. I fell in love with the Wind Watch the second I stepped in the door. Kim, the banquet manager, made me feel comfortable, and was so helpful every step of the way . She answered my 10000 emails within a few hours of sending them and was there for me no matter what I needed. The food was amazing, the service was on point, and the ceremony area was something I thought I could only dream about. The venue looked amazing, they put everything I brought exactly where I wanted it. The food was unreal, I ordered all 3 things on the menu and everything tasted awesome. All of my guests RAVED about my cocktail hour, they said it was the best food they ever had at a cocktail hour at any wedding they’ve been to. My bridal attendant, Myranda, was with me the whole night, picking up my dress, calming me down, and always there with my lipgloss and refilling my drink keeping me hydrated. The bridal suite was nice and big, giving me plenty of room to get my dress on and get my bridal party ready in.

We also had our after wedding brunch here and the food was amazing. All of my guests loved the special touch and thought it was so nice of us to serve them breakfast before they started their trip home.

The service far exceeded my expectations, and they gave us the wedding of our dreams. Thank you Kim & staff for the best day of my life!!!!!!!
Wedding: 10/10/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I couldn't have imagined a better location to have our wedding!! First of all, working with Kim in preparation for the wedding always put me at ease. Whenever I felt stressed out or nervous about the little details, she was always very attentive and able to work with all of my requests. It makes a huge difference knowing that you can trust your vendor and that they will take care of the details the day of so that you can really relax and be in the moment. I really appreciated that I felt like she actually cared about us and our wedding, and was not just trying to make a sale.

The space is unbeatable! If you think it looks gorgeous without decorations, it will blow your mind once the space is made up for the actual wedding day. I think one of my favorite parts about the venue is that it has a very intimate feel. Our guests ranted and raved about how beautiful and intimate the wedding was, and I think that's because the venue does a really good job making the event feel personal and unique. The ceremony space is so picturesque and the ballroom looks incredible with the big windows. Our pictures came out great!!! There are so many beautiful areas around the golf course that we were taken to, and it set a great background for our photos.

The food was delicious. I didn't eat much at all, but guests said the cocktail hour was very impressive and that they really enjoyed the food. Kim set up a Korean BBQ station for the cocktail hour especially for us because my husband is Korean, and the guests really liked it! They also pass around mini-desserts after the cake is cut, and that is a big hit!

I think the venue that you choose is the most important decision you make because it frames the entire wedding day. This venue is very affordable, very personal, and very high quality. I would 100% recommend it to anyone looking for a space. My husband and I cannot be happier with how the wedding went, and I'm not just saying that! Its true!
Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am so happy we used Wind Watch Golf & Country Club for our wedding! We looked at a lot of other great places, but the day I went to the golf club I was sold. First, it's so close to my house, it was both convenient and beautiful. It also has an incredible view! We got married there as well, and the ceremony space is so gorgeous! It's at the top of the golf course, and it looks out over northern Long Island. Kim, the events director, was fabulous. When I first sat down with her, I didn't feel pushed or like I was being sold a used car. She gave me the facts, showed me the place and the menu, and that was it. For a bride dealing with a lot of people trying to sell me something, it was very refreshing. And throughout the whole planning process she was wonderful. She answered all my questions, was patient with all the questions coming in from different members of my family, and she was so friendly every time I came in to see her. Very professional. And the staff that day was great too. My bridal attendant, Miranda, was always checking in on me to see if I needed anything. And I got so many compliments on the food! The cocktail hour was insane- so many hor d'ourves! And the main courses were amazing! It really is such a beautiful place, and such a great value. I definitely recommend getting married there!
Wedding: 08/09/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sandra Y... 4 Reviews
The Wind Watch gave us the wedding of our dreams. Kim helped us to make our wedding a day that we will never forget. From the quality of service, to the personal attention we received, I would definitely recommend Wind Watch to everyone!!
Wedding: Recently Married

Private User 12 Reviews
We loved working with Kim, as she assured all plans leading up to our day were well coordinated and perfect in every way. We received great recommendations in terms of collaborating vendors. Going through the Wind Watch has simplified my wedding planning and made it so easy. They took all the stress out of the planning process.

The location is perfect for an outside ceremony and the grand ball room is beautiful with all the new furniture and the wide open windows. Really get to appreciate the beautiful view. The food is excellent and the wait staff are excellent. I truly recommend working with this vendor.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our May 23, 2014 wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to everyone at The Wind Watch Golf & Country Club! It is a "hidden gem" on Long Island with staff that is just amazing! Kim Hint the Catering Manager is just wonderful! She keeps track of every little detail you want and makes sure that it gets done. She is meticulous and accommodated all of our wants and needs! Erin the Maitre'D was awesome! She made sure everything ran smoothly and that the night was absolutely perfect! Our bridal attendant was excellent! She went above and beyond accommodating us and making sure that we got everything we needed! Aside from how absolutely beautiful the Wind Watch is the FOOD is EXCELLENT!!!! All of our guests have not stopped talking about what a PERFECT wedding it was and how absolutely DELICIOUS all of the food was! They said the food tasted like it came from an a la carte restaurant, not from a kitchen that had to produce food for 160 people! The catering staff was awesome as well, working hard making sure all guests were happy all night!!! I cannot say enough excellent things about the Wind Watch! Beautiful, Accommodating, Amazing and Delicious!!!! We also held our post-wedding brunch there and it was terrific! It's only been 3 weeks since the wedding but family and friends have not stopped raving about how amazing the Wind Watch was!!!
Wedding: 05/23/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our rehearsal dinner, post wedding brunch, wedding ceremony and reception all at the Wind Watch making it a wedding weekend and it was the best weekend of our lives. Pricing is very competitive and we were so impressed with the venue and staff we decided to have everything there. It was the right decision. The food was excellent, the Wind Watch is beautiful and I can't say enough great things about the staff. They did recommend vendors for music, photography, etc. many of which we used and all turned out to be excellent. Also, having the Hyatt a short walk away is a great added convenience. In short, it was a perfect weekend and I recommend the Wind Watch to anyone. You won't be disappointed!
Wedding: 12/14/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I held my wedding there in November, the outside ceremony area is beautiful, but we were worried about the weather, thankfully it held out long enough for us to get married outside because the ceremony area is beautiful. The place is reasonably priced a great size for large or small weddings and the staff was so nice and attentive. The food was delicious and they took care of every detail. I had the most beautiful wedding and could not imagine a place better to have held it. The grounds are very pretty for pictures as well.
Wedding: 11/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Wind Watch Golf & Country Club was the perfect venue for my wedding!!! Kim Hint and her team exceeded my expectations!!! She was so wonderful from the moment I walked through the door. Other catering halls I visited did not compare to the beauty of the venue, the service, the food, the price and most importantly the ambiance. She charmed me in a very honest, trustworthy way. I knew by going with Kim and the Wind Watch, everything would be taken care of and my wedding day would be perfect! She was so pleasant, helpful, understanding and so comfortable to speak with. She gave me some very good advice on how to save money on certain things that I would never think of. She gained my trust and loyalty because I truly felt like she was helping me under the stress of planning a wedding. I knew I was in very good hands and felt so relieved to be working with someone like her. I still remember having that sigh of relief sitting at the table with her. When it came closer to my wedding, Kim helped me with things a venue would not normally help out with and I so appreciate her for that! She sat down with me more than twice to make sure my signature drink was perfect since I kept changing my mind. She was right on point responding to my crazy bridezilla emails regarding the pictures on the television, the food, the cake and tons more. Many of my guests informed me after the wedding that this was the best wedding they’ve attended; they mentioned everything from how delicious food was (cocktail hour was out of this world!) to how great the energy was the entire time! The whole experience at Wind Watch was so much more that I could have asked for. I pictured my wedding in my mind and I can honestly say that day was so much better than I imagined it would be. I am so happy I chose the Wind Watch as my reception venue and wish I could live that day over and over again.

I can’t thank you enough Kim and team!!!!!!!!! You are by far the best around!

Suzanne (10/26/2013)
Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wind Watch was wonderful!!! Beautiful and unique! The ceremony space was the best I've ever seen! It was everything we wanted, plus is was one of the most affordable places. Kim Hint and the staff were so easy to work with. Everyone at our wedding had a great time! Highly recommended!!
Wedding: 09/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I were married at the Wind Watch on September 14, 2013. Right from the first time we walked into this venue we were impressed. We were looking for a venue with an outdoor ceremony area and indoor reception and this venue met those request. It was a beautiful fall day for our outdoor ceremony and it couldn't have been more beautiful. The scenery was amazing and the space is really everything we wanted. After the ceremony we did an indoor/outdoor cocktail hour. They had every food imaginable and everything was delicious. The service was impeccable and I know everyone ate their full during cocktail hour. Next we moved into the reception and everything was perfect. We worked from Kim from the very beginning and she really walked us through every step and made everything perfect for us. She was responsive and attentive and definitely was key in making our day run so smoothly. She was flexible and really helped make our experience at Wind Watch that much better. The day of the wedding my bridal attendant, Erin, was amazing. At one point I asked her to find me where the mini grill cheese sandwiches were and she was back a minute later with a whole plate!
I really cannot recommend the Wind Watch enough. I think a great way to describe the venue is understated elegance with 5 star service. You will not be disappointed with the Wind Watch go check it out on your venue search!!
Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Words cannot express how AMAZING Kim and Windwatch was to work with on planning our beautiful wedding!!

1. Venue: amazing views, spacious, and just large enough for everyone to be able to sit down during cocktail hour and really enjoy themselves. The space looked MAGICAL with all the candles. MAGICAL!!! The high ceilings were awesome, the floor to ceiling windows brought in SO MUCH LIGHT, it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!

2. Food: delicious!!! Guests have NOT stopped talking about how amazing our food was! My husband didn't eat the night of our wedding, but I sure did!! They also worked with me and specially made me a station I requested (Korean tacos) for the cocktail hour! The mini grilled cheeses are a must have on the passed selection!

3. Staff: Kim is of course, AMAZING. She's detail oriented, she's one of the best people I've EVER WORKED WITH. She's AH-MAZING!!!!! I've worked in catering for years, and I've honestly never worked with someone as competent or as NICE and SWEET as Kim. I was talking with my husband about our wedding, and we never knew our maitre d's name - we never needed to go to her about anything as EVERYTHING was taken cared of for us! My guests also complimented me on how efficient and AMAZING the staff was!!! They provided extra cake to a table who wanted to taste the other flavor of the layers we had. :) Amazing.

If you're wondering if you should book this venue, please wonder no more. This was the best decision I made (of course, other than deciding to marry my husband!)!
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Simply put it is a "Hidden Gem"!!!!! Just as reasonably priced as the many other places you will find, but save your energy going from place-to-place; i.e. Wind Watch Golf & Country Club-"You Found The Best!!!" What more can I say!
Wedding: 08/04/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lauren 6 Reviews
Choosing the Wind Watch for our wedding venue was the best decision we made! Kim and her team were so helpful leading up to the wedding and everything was absolutely perfect the day of. The space is beautiful and everyone raved about the food!! The outdoor ceremony area is gorgeous and the grounds are perfect for photos. We can't say enough great things!!
Wedding: 06/29/2013

Anonymous 4 Reviews
I can't say enough great things about Hamlet Wind Watch Golf Course and Country Club. Not only is it beautiful both inside and out but the food was fabulous! Every detail was perfectly attended to. Planning my daughter's reception with Kim from Wind Watch was by far the easiest part of all of our wedding planning. She is amazing and made the whole process seem easy. The wedding took place only 5 days after super storm Sandy. With so many people out of power, including Wind Watch, we thought her dream day would have to be rescheduled. But Kim came through for us and found another location that was ready for us in case Wind Watch didn't get their power back in time. Fortunately, they got their power in just enough time for everything to take place as originally planned, but we really appreciated all that Kim did to make sure that their was a back up plan if we needed it. Our guests are still telling us that it was the most spectacular wedding they had ever been to. We looked at a lot of reception sites before choosing Wind Watch. Wind Watch is just as elegant as the other big name places on the Island but their price is much more reasonable. The view during the reception was jaw dropping gorgeous!! The ballroom has floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows that look out on the gorgeous panoramic view of trees, trees, and more trees. The fall colors were beautiful and when the sun set it took our breathe away. Our guests flocked to the windows while the photographer, bride and groom ran out for more glorious pictures. It looked more like a Vermont sunset than Long Island. If possible, I highly recommend scheduling your gathering so that your guests can enjoy that sunset view. The food was so unbelievably delicious, so many guests have told us that it is the best they ever had. All of the staff were wonderful and made the day perfect. Our guests were saying, "Hurricane?...What Hurricane?!" You want a perfect wedding at a reasonable price...go see Kim!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
As we celebrated our one year wedding anniversary, we thought back to our beautiful wedding day. Today, just as one year ago, we find the Hamlet Wind Watch to be a perfect wedding venue. We had a magical day at a beautiful venue. All of our guests were more than impressed with the staff, the grounds and the venue. We still have people raving about our wedding, a day we will surely never forget. From the very beginning, Kim Hint was kind, professional and personable. She was a pleasure to work with throughout. Kim and the staff enabled our special day to go off without a hitch. One extra special moment was when Kim and the crew decided to serve hot apple cider on the unexpectedly cold evening of our outdoor ceremony. It was such a pleasant surprise for our guest and for us- another detail we did not have to worry about. We cannot say enough about The Hamlet Wind Watch and it's staff. It is a place that will always hold a special place in our hearts!
Wedding: 10/12/2012
 631-232-9850
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire