West Belmont Place

"We bring your event to life!"

18980 Upper Belmont Place
(4.6 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heaven on earth! I stumbled upon West Belmont Place while browsing through an issue of The Knot and called them to get additional information. We met with Rachel about 2 weeks later and everything else, is history. Rachel was very detail oriented and made sure to ask us a lot of questions to make sure that she could provide us with everything that we wanted. I love that we were able to get married, and have the reception at the same place. There's also TONS of rooms available for your guests. Rachel was so great at answering every question and going over every detail with me. Even though she was out on maternity leave (from like June to August) the other members of her team, especially Shelby, were really great about helping me with anything I needed. We set up our tasting in May for our September wedding, and I still can't get over how amazing the food was! They actually provided us with FULL PORTIONS of the meals, salads, and appetizers we would be having at the reception. Rachel also worked with me to get a timeline of the day put together and made sure that everyone in the wedding party had her cell phone number on the day of, just in case. Not only that, but she came up to the bridal suite (and also the room where the boys were getting ready) with a bottle of champagne! I was able to drop off everything (table numbers, place cards, etc.) the week of the wedding and she put in a secure location so that everything was in one place and ready to go. Rachel also made sure that everything we brought was collected and ready for us to pick up when we got back from our honeymoon. They also took all of our cards and presents up to the bridal suite so that we didn't have to after the reception was over. Given that this really offers you a "one stop shop" and gets you everything you need in one place, their prices are great. They can also make changes to entrees (gluten-free, vegetarian, food allergies, etc.) at no extra charge. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!! BEST EVER!!!!!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so happy I chose West Belmont Place as my venue. It's a gorgeous venue with lush green grounds and lots of trees. The inside is very contemporary and artsy. But more than the look of the venue, what sold me was the superb customer service I received from Rachael Mull, my event planner at West Belmont Place. From our initial emails and first meeting till the end of the event, Rachael was a gem to work with. I visited 30 + potential venues for my wedding reception and no other venue came close to the great customer service I received from Rachael at West Belmont. She was so friendly and helpful. She went above and beyond to make everything perfect for us. She never answered with a straight no; rather, if she was unsure of something, she would always reply positively, saying she was sure she could work something out for us. Every question, every request, every wish of mine - Rachael fulfilled. I was often late to my appointments with her (I live quite far from the venue) and I often had a large group of family come with me. But that didn't bother or annoy Rachael. She was always very pleasant and patient with us, as we would ask her endless questions and take our time to walk the venue and plan. She worked great with the rest of my vendors to make sure everything was set for the wedding. The day of the reception, I wasn't there for set up. But my brother told me that Rachael was there the entire time, going out of her way to help my family and friends set up. We felt so comfortable and assured going into the wedding because we knew we were in good hands with Rachael. She did a superb job coordinating my wedding. I cannot say enough good things about her customer service. And it's not just me; my husband and entire family feel the same way about Rachael and her service. Besides Rachael, all the other staff we came into contact with at West Belmont was also really great. Everyone was so friendly and willing to help with a smile on their face. We made a lot of changes to the wedding itinerary and a lot of the information we didn't get to Rachael till a few days before the wedding. But she was totally okay with it and still ensured that we got everything that we had asked for. This venue was slightly out of my budget but the main reason why we chose it is because of Rachael Mull's exemplary customer service. I would recommend West Belmont Place 100% as a wedding venue. Their whole staff is great but since I worked with Rachael the closest, I would definitely say to request her as your event coordinator.

• Wedding: 06/24/2012
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joe and the West Belmont place staff were fantastic! I had originally planned on hiring a day of wedding planner, but I decided in the end not to do so because Joe and the staff at WBP were so helpful. I dropped off everything the day before the wedding, and the staff set up everything for me, according to my exact specifications, and I never had to worry about set-up. Additionally, I had last minute seating changes (literally the morning of the wedding I had to make a change), and the staff was completely flexible and made all the changes requested of them the day of the wedding.

As for the food, it was wonderful, and our guests continue to rave about the food. The portion sizes were quite large, and we were able to do a three course meal and full open bar the entire night since the cost was so reasonable. Because people could stay the night, we didn't have to worry about people driving after drinking or worry about shuttling people back and forth. Our guests seemed to appreciate the fact that they could just go upstairs to their rooms after drinking and dancing all night.

Our venue ended up making our wedding even better than my husband and I had hoped, and after talking with several of my friends, I think it's because Joe and his staff were so accommodating, helpful, flexible, and just overall great to work with!

• Wedding: 03/05/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we were planning for our wedding reception, we wanted a beautiful venue, with great food, service and a place for our guests to stay over night without having to drive. Well we found that at West Belmont Place at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, VA. Joe McCary was awesome. He was very helpful, accommodating and was willing to do whatever it took to make our wedding reception beautiful. We had a small wedding, about 60 guests but this place can accommodate a huge wedding (up to a few hundred). We had a sit down dinner with hor doerves/cocktail hour. All of our guests raved about the food and the entire setting. For overnight accommodations, we had a bridal suite with 5 rooms all in one area. The rooms were very nice, large with a sitting area in each room. It was only $99/night with a full complimentary breakfast. There is even a bar on site that was open for us and our guests after our reception. Thank you Joe for everything. Our wedding was awesome. We would recommend West Belmont Place without hesitation.

• Wedding: 08/14/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We have used the National Conference Center for several events over the years. Their staff is amazing and their facilities are great! Joe worked with us on almost every aspect of our reception and eliminated the need for a coordinator. He went out of his way to make sure our day was perfect. The food at the reception and cocktail hour was absolutely amazing and had guests commenting on it all night! The best part was that our friends and family could stay right on the conference center campus and walk to their rooms after the reception. We would highly recommend West Belmont Place for any event!

• Wedding: 10/18/2008
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Overall experience was exceptional. We worked with the vendors recommended by WBP and it made things come together much easier. Only minor setbacks at our wedding. Having the catering manager available for us when needed on our wedding day was a challenge because of other prospecting clients. The food was incredible but many guest complained that they didn't have enough time to eat their food, and shutting down the cocktail bars on time so the reception could start. Also after providing a list of VIPs, their room reservations could have been managed better. Other than that we were very pleased with the quality of service. They truly delivered!..

West Belmont Place responded with the following comments:

Hi Nikeya,

Thanks so much for your review. We're glad to hear that you had a great experience! Getting valuable feedback helps us to improve our customer experiences and we certainly will share this with our team. Congratulations again on your wedding!

Dyanne Smith

1 Review
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Sharon Meyers was the catering director and our liaison. She was extremely friendly and attentive. She was very accommodating and professional. We had a pleasant experience with our wedding at West Belmont Place. The staff were very friendly. Our ceremony was outdoor at the courtyard under the Pergola and was quite lovely. I had researched all over the metropolitan area for an affordable outdoor venue that would accommodate 250 people. I am pleased with out selection. The lodging building itself is fairly old fashioned but in our suites section there was a large common area where me and my bridal party were able to get ready. It was very nice, it had a large flat screen, couches, dining table and ample room. Overall, we had a great experience with West Belmont Place. We were pleased with the outcome.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Private User
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

West Belmont is a beautiful location. The staff is very friendly and easy to work with. The coordinator Katie, was always fast to get back to myself or my parents with any questions we had. Also the food onsite was delicious!

• Wedding: 10/29/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cost was great for what we got. The ceremony and reception was beautiful and went off with out a hitch. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, especially the day of the wedding. The planning and leading up to the day, was a little poor. The response time was often slow and we had to make several contract revisions before signing, due to errors on their part. However, the pay off was nice and the event was fabulous.

• Wedding: 06/26/2010
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Rachael was a great help! However, they changed my event coordinator three times since I signed the contract a year ago... I love the courtyard. The staff was a bit slow on refilling our food during the reception and they took forever to find our rental napkins the day after.

West Belmont Place responded with the following comments:

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to review West Belmont Place. I do apologize that your wedding planner altered during the planning process. It is not customary for us to switch planners on a client. Our traditional approach to weddings and events is that the client has one planner (the same planner) from the beginning to the actual wedding day. In this instance, the two planners you had moved for a career change. All the meticulous details of the wedding were noted in our system, which hopefully made for an easy transition. Thank you again for your feedback Jennifer.

I look forward to sharing the compliment and other feedback with your coordinator Rachael. Congratulations to you and Chris!

Sarah Vining

• Wedding: 05/27/2012
703-724-5144
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7