Washington Talent Agency

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

We booked Prime Time for our upcoming wedding, and we are soooo excited!!!! We saw 2 of their showcases before making our decision and were blown away both times by how awesome their talent, energy, and performance was. They even took the time to speak with us after the showcase and answer all of our questions. I know Prime Time is going to blow our guests away. We also delt with Alana Shore at WTA in booking the band and she was so professional, kind, and helpful. Would highly recommend the entire agency!!

Nick&Elizabeth
[Private]

Very prompt in returning messages and very easy to work with. I highly recommend the services.

Services Used: Videography
Robert
1 Review
06/06/2015

Onyx played at our wedding and it was an incredible experience! They had tons of energy and got everyone on the dance floor! The dance floor was packed the whole evening! They were incredibly professional and had a sophisticated style. They handled everything with minimal instruction and used their experience to guide the song choices, which were perfect. They checked with us about important details, like how to pronounce our wedding party's names. Overall, I was thrilled by how vibrant a party we had and appreciate what an amazing job onyx did.

Services Used: Band

This ENDORSEMENT is for SPECTRUM: 1 of the top 3 most important criteria for our wedding was a good band and my fiance was completely obsessed with nailing down the band first! Our wedding planner informed us that Spectrum was her favorite band and +1 yr out from our wedding they had availability on our date and she was shocked! She said that they were her favorite band in the DC/MD area and a band that she wanted for her wedding one year earlier. After doing some comprehensive research, we came to the same conclusion and we feel incredibly lucky to have hired Spectrum to perform at our wedding. I can't say enough incredible things about Ben Kaufman and the Spectrum band. In advance of our wedding, we spoke with Ben around our music style preferences and we were already excited about the enthusiasm he had "to party" at our wedding during our chat. Ben could rap and the Spectrum band could play every genre type of music we loved - including but not limited to top hits of today, classic rock n roll, country, rap and everything from Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus to Steve Winwood and OAR. Not only were they incredibly talented musicians, but the energy and enthusiasm they brought to their performance e.g. coming down to the dance floor to liven up the dance party and inviting my fiance and I on stage to belt it out with them during ACDC. It was incredibly fun and seriously made for an incredible reception and yes, party! Our dance floor was packed the entire time, and even during breaks, they would alternate within the band so there was always music playing! In all honesty, they were the best band we have ever heard at a wedding and I had multiple guests compliment us on the band and how incredible they were. I even had one guest ask them for their business card (she does photography in DC and said of all the weddings she has been hired for they were the best she had heard!). HIGHLY Endorse these guys if you want a memorable dance party at your wedding!!!!

Services Used: Band

DJ Kaki was great! She listened to us and played everything we requested. We weren't able to meet in person beforehand but she was flexible and we did a Skype meeting.

Services Used: DJ

The music was by-far the most important part of the wedding itself for us. A bad DJ [or band] can quickly make for a super-crappy wedding because they are the soul and pulse of the entire evening. When we started the hunt for bands - I was dead-set on having a band - I knew that Washington Talent had many to choose from so I started there. I checked out reviews, got opinions from friends and even went to see a few of their bands play live to get a better sense for what we could expect day-of.

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".

We ultimately decided on Millennium - which is their most sought after and happens to be their most expensive band. But, they were WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY. If you want a band that will literally have guests dancing EVERY SECOND they are playing, the band that interacts with guests --- these guys got off the stage and were playing guitar ON the dance floor --- they sounded GREAT --- they managed the sound so that it, even right next to the stage, wasn't overbearing -- Millennium was absolutely the best decision we made. They were incredible. Our guests danced all night and after the "last song" our guests chanted for an encore and they played another for us! Travis, the "band leader" was a lot of fun to work with and was quick to respond to emails. We asked him to start playing a slow country song and then "pretend" to make a mistake and abruptly stop - then start playing another song [that we would do a swing dance too] --- they nailed it - our guests loved it and laughed at the surprise!

Thank you guys so so much!!

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music

My husband's one and only request was a great band. Millennium went above and beyond great, they were amazing! They had everyone on the dance floor all night long and it is all everyone can talk about. They literally never took a break and killed the mood! Millennium orchestrated our announcements, speeches, etc perfectly and played our special songs beautifully. We are SO happy with all the happy memories Millennium provided us.

Katie
05/09/2015

One of the main things my fiancé and I agreed upon for our wedding was a good band. And boy did we score big time with Black Tie!! We had sort of a "destination wedding" in Baltimore and didn't have a chance to hear them in person before the wedding. We went souley off of their demos online which were incredible. They were at the top of our band budget so we were a little apprehensive but they were worth every penny and we would spend it again in a heartbeat! They were amazing!! They played a variety of music appropriate for all ages and had everyone out on the dance floor the entire reception. They were easy to work with and very professional the entire time. if you're looking for a wedding band- black Tie is the band to get! Their dance moves and vocals make you feel like you are at a concert. My wedding guests are still talking about how fabulous they were! I highly recommend them!

Services Used: Band

It was an honor to have Spectrum perform at our wedding!! They learned not only me and my husband's first dance song but also our parent dances! We are still receiving messages from our family and friends saying it was the best band they ever saw perform. We also had so many people tell us it was the only wedding they've been to that people were on the dance floor before dinner was even served! Spectrum is not comparable to any band I've heard perform at a wedding before and would highly recommend them to everyone!!

Recently Married

A great group, easy to work with, reviewed multiple bands with me for both the ceremony and the reception. Very happy with their work.

Services Used: Band

We recently used Onyx as the band at our wedding and Yossi May as our photographer. Everything was so great on both sides! Onyx blew our guests away. We received numerous compliments on how great they were. They are so energetic and lively, they were out on the dance floor the whole night with us, instead of staying on "stage". During dinner time while everyone was eating, my 20 month old nephew was running around the dance floor and looking at the band, so they played "Wheels on the Bus" and "If You're Happy and You Know It" for him! Onyx also learned our first dance song for us and a Spanish song, since my husband's family is Hispanic. They did an amazing job with both of those. They also played an extended version of the Jewish dance, the Hora, after they saw how much fun everyone was having. They made the event so memorable and it would not have been the same with out them. David of Onyx also did our ceremony music and we chose to do something unique and use Disney songs, and he did a great job with that.

Yossi was a great photographer. He just posted our "sneak peak" album on Facebook and the pictures are amazing so far. He was great to work with and made us feel comfortable. Its not natural to have a camera in front of your face all day, but by the end of the night, I forgot he was there. Yossi even went out of his way to come to the hotel early, before his contracted time so he could get some getting ready pictures. I can't wait to see the full album of pictures!

Services Used: Band, Photography
1 Review
Recently Married

Spectrum absolutely made our wedding such a special event for our family and friends. They were extremely easy to work with, and they did a wonderful job personalizing every moment just for us. Our wedding guests raved about how talented the band members were, and they were right on point with all of the songs they included.

Thank you for helping us celebrate such an exciting time with us! I will be sure to refer Spectrum to anyone who needs a band in the future!

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music
Recently Married

Onyx is one of the best decisions we made during the entire wedding process. First, Onyx makes the planning process extremely easy. They are the consummate professionals. They barely need any direction, but they are more than willing to cater to your specific needs. Dave, the keyboardist, was in contact with us throughout the final two months prior to the wedding. He was very responsive and demonstrated great patience in tweaking our reception schedule up to a few days before the event. Even more impressive, Onyx was willing to learn songs for us that we requested only two weeks before the wedding. They were basically a human juke box.

After receiving personal recommendations from friends and family, we expected Onyx to be great at the wedding. Despite the high expectations, Onyx absolutely blew us away. Onyx does not just "go through the motions," even relative to their lofty standards. The band members were genuinely excited to perform for our crowd. Their energy level is off the charts. Onyx also interacts with the crowd to an extent that you do not expect for a wedding band. They completely embraced our crowd in every way.

The music itself was flawless. Our first dance song was a song that just recently made it onto the radio, but Onyx absolutely nailed it. They really know how to cater the music to the crowd. They did a great job of mixing old with new. They seamlessly slow down the tempo during dinner and then crank it up for the rest of the night. Musically, they can do it all.

Onyx does not come cheap, but they are worth every single penny. After the wedding, every single guest mentioned how great Onyx was. While I have not seen many wedding bands in the DC area, it is hard to imagine a band that is better than Onyx. The level of professionalism mixed with incredible, passionate and energetic musicians cannot be beat.

Recently Married

Marc Wilner did a great job as the DJ for our wedding. He played just the right amount of oldies, current hits and classic wedding songs (Journey, anyone?) to keep our guests on the dance floor all night. They also provided the uplighting for our venue and it looked beautiful!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Recently Married

We hired Black Tie from Washington Talent Agency for our wedding reception and I have to say this was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. Leading up to the wedding both Strickland and Jami were so willing to spend time working with us to bring to life the vision that we had for our wedding, and they truly exceeded our expectations in every way. Outside the the undeniable talent that every member of this band has, they were each such a fun addition to our wedding. The moment we stepped into our reception room, just to take pictures, Jami ran over to make sure we were having a good time and made us feel so special and that she was excited to be there to celebrate with us. This energy continued from the entire band throughout the reception and was something our guests continue to talk to us about months after the wedding. Every single guest we talked to about the wedding had something wonderful to say about this band. I 100% recommend Black Tie to anyone who is planning a wedding, or any other event for that matter. We hope to work with them again and see them at our friends weddings in the future!!

Services Used: Band

Great band! Interacted with wedding party-singers came out on dance floor and interacted with dancers. Band seemed to really enjoy themselves and made whole experience more personal.