VOX DJs

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We were extremely happy with VOX DJs. From beginning to end they were fantastic to work with. Our initial meeting was with the office manager and after hearing what our vision was for the day, he recommended a few DJs (from their pool 15 professionally trained). We ended up choosing Henry, one of their senior DJs, and he was perfect! He did everything exactly how we wanted. He was early, professionally dressed. He was fun and played awesome music - based off of a few songs we chose and a theme. The dance floor was full and rocking all night long. The best DJ we've ever experienced! We wish we could get married again so that we could party with Henry one more time.

Private User
Recently Married

Wow! What a job done by Henry for our wedding!! He was amazing, very fun, and filled up the dance floor all night. He mixed the right music for the right crowd. Couldn't have been happier! Ask for Henry for the best entertainment experience.

They also provided a photo booth for our wedding...that was a huge success for our guests! And the best part...they saved a copy of each photo for us in print and on a USB stick! It was fun going through them the morning afterwards, and showing them to people before getting our wedding photos back.

Top-shelf job done by VOX!! Thanks Guys!!

Services Used: DJ

David Newton and Vox DJs really did a phenomenal job at our June 14, 2015 wedding. He did the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Since we didn’t have a day-of coordinator or a wedding planner, we had quite a few timeline issues, but David did so well to help us stay on track. He really went the extra distance to make things run as smoothly as possible. He was a hit with the ladies for sure! He did SO WELL playing our songs, too! I mean, I’ve been to weddings where they requests specific songs and get nothing, but David really listened to what we wanted and did a fantastic job incorporating all our favorite stuff. It was epic.

The way Vox DJs run their business is genius. Having a variety of different DJs with different expertise and an office manager who can point you in the right direction is fantastic. I’m so happy we got to work with this company! The price was so reasonable and they even provide up lighting! My only suggestion with up lighting is not to go crazy and stick with relatively common colors!
David and Vox DJs helped make our wedding day so special. We would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married!

Services Used: DJ

We got married on May 24th 2015 and it was an amazing night, made only better by Ryan Dethloff’s amazing mix skills. His choices were so spot on during the entire night - there were multiple times that I turned to my husband and said, “wow this wasn’t on the must play list but it’s perfect!” Ryan was professional and courteous with our family members, and it was clear he did a lot of planning beforehand to be ready for the big day. We had a singer perform and her vocals were perfect, no one’s speech seemed too loud, and the music levels were great throughout the night. Ryan kept the crowd going with his song selections outside of the must play list, and he was even able to handle taking song requests from our guests as well ( I know one guest in particular may have been a little pushy with him, but Ryan handled her with respect and professionalism).

The entire VOX team is FANTASTIC. Rob, Aaron, and the office staff make the entire process incredibly easy by scheduling a first meeting with them so we could get to know all the services they offer, and also sat down with us a month out to go over all the small details. Their song selection database is super easy to use and has EVERY song you can imagine. The payment process is easy, we used their credit card authorization but they also accept checks. Overall - we are very happy we went with them!

Services Used: DJ

When my wife and I initially met with VOX DJs, we were very impressed with how thoughtful and detail oriented they were. They paid attention to us, our concerns, and helped us a great deal in the planning process. They promptly and happily answered all of our questions when we emailed them. We had a picture slideshow prepared for the wedding, and VOX was able handle all of the details for that. We just sent them the file and they took care of the rest (downloading it, testing it, supplying the equipment, setting up at the venue, etc.). They made that potentially complicated task very stress-free. We ended up working with DJ Jeff who put a lot of hard work and thought into making our wedding so special. Jeff did an amazing job with the music and with helping things to run smoothly and on time. All our guests raved about the music and the efficiency of the wedding! DJ Jeff truly took ownership of his role in the wedding and went out of your way to make sure things were perfect. DJ Jeff, as well as the rest of the crew at VOX, was so professional and yet so friendly and personable at the same time. We truly felt like we were working with one of our closest friends! We are incredibly grateful and very happy we used VOX!

Services Used: DJ

Jack Farmer was our DJ and working with the VOX DJ Team (including Aaron Free and Robert Corrall on logistics/invoicing) was a pleasure from the very beginning, with regular followups and check-ins. During our last meeting with Jack before the big day to go through specifics, Jack was charismatic and understanding and offered advice and options easily. We really felt like we were being taken care of!

On the day of the wedding, Jack came to set up all the gear on time, with a smile throughout the whole day, putting people at ease and keeping spirits high. We also rented microphones for our live guitarist and allowed our videographer to plug into the audio to record our vows. Jack also has the perfect cheery and professional "DJ" voice to announce key points during our wedding!

Dancing! We had a relatively shy crowd at times and Jack hyped up the dance floor when the tone came down and kept spirits going high. He was able to read the dance floor vibe very well, transitioning from song to song perfectly, I want to say our maid of honor went through “this is my jam!!” moments pretty much constantly through the night.

Thank you VOX DJs and Jack for an unforgettable and fun wedding!

Private User
Recently Married

Diego from Vox DJs did our wedding recently. We were stressed about the dancing part of our wedding, because we're not super into music so we didn't know what preferences to give. But, Diego was totally fine with that, and reassured us that he's done lots of weddings and could work based on the crowd, so we left most of it in his hands, and are glad we did! The dance floor was full until we had to leave, and we didn't have to even think about the music during the reception. Diego also did a good job emcee-ing, and didn't use the mic to do plugs for the company, which can be annoying. In terms of price, it seemed like most of the professional DJ companies charge around the same amount. Vox seemed particularly professional and friendly, which is why we went with them.

Services Used: DJ

Vox DJs services surprised me from the beginning with their professionalism. They clearly have the wedding DJ process down pat. Rob, who works in the office and also is a DJ for them, is very responsive. He went out of his way to make sure he could fit our needs.

The DJ was our wedding was DJ Ryan. He did a good job, provided a lively atmosphere for our celebration. He played many of our favorite songs. It was a night that we will never forget, and he was a big part of that.

2.9

We hired Vox DJs for a wedding and they assigned DJ Robbie to us. We met with him before the event to go over the logistics. Filled out the paperwork they gave us, which songs to play when, and who to introduce, along with the sequence of events, etc... and everything seemed fine. UNTIL the day of the event. Looking over it, it was not that great.

For one, he did not have the music ready when people were walking down the aisle. The music did not come on until the bridesmaids were walking in. There was no music playing for the groomsmen.

After the ceremony, when the bridal party was making an entrance, he introduced people using the wrong name (Ex. William instead of Willis). And he missed one person completely causing them to be walking out when the introductions were being made for the husband and wife. The shout out to the special guest was not given, even though it was planned at the previous meeting to do so.

When it came time for the first dance, he did NOT have the correct song for the first dance!!! Even though we had already gone over the song at the meeting beforehand (before the day of the event) and there were NO changes made to the first dance song.

He instead asked if he could play another song instead.

Also, we spent time putting together a list of songs for him to play, but he choose to play his own list of songs. It could not have been requests for the guests because we asked all the guests if they requested any songs and very few people did so.

Another weird thing was the last song. He announced that he was playing the last song for the night, but proceeded to play eight or so more songs. Each time announcing that it was the "LAST" song of the night.

I would not recommend Vox DJs. Even the whole environment of the company is very Hermosa Beach Bro with their favorite song to end a party being Don't Stop Believing or Pour Some Sugar on me. Luckily, it was on my do not play list so Robbie didn't play it.

Services Used: DJ

Casey from VOX DJ's just provided entertainment for our wedding on April 25th and it was amazing. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night, and a ton of my guests have come to me and said that it was the best music they've ever heard played at a wedding.

Booking with Robert was awesome. He was easy to work with, quick to answer all of my questions and even helped out with budget when I needed it.

I'd recommend them in a heart beat. Thanks for making my wedding so awesome!

Services Used: DJ

Ralph from VOX DJ was amazing. He kept the dance floor going all night long. He also was our MC for the night to keep us on schedule which that he did! We loved the fact that we could choose our must play songs, absolutely do not play, etc. digitally on their website once we booked which made it custom to what we wanted to hear on that night! We met with them once or twice in total to sign the paper then to confirm our details before the big day and that was it, so easy. Thanks VOX DJ!

Services Used: DJ

I can't say enough good things about VOX DJs and DJ Aaron Free in particular. He and the good folks at Vox made my Laguna Beach wedding truly memorable. The excellent customer service starts with Robert in the main office, who went out of his way to answer all of our questions even though we lived all the way across the country and had to deal with a three-hour time difference. Once we settled on Aaron Free as our event DJ, he was a total professional and joy to work with. He was patient, helpful, and informative as we worked out the music for our ceremony, reception, and dance. He played all the songs my finance requested and hit each and every cue we asked for (even silly ones like the Law & Order theme song when my best man, an attorney, gave his toast). I totally agree with my guests who said Aaron was the best wedding DJ they've ever heard. You should not hesitate one second to book VOX DJs for your wedding or other special event in Orange County.

Services Used: DJ

VOX DJs was absolutely amazing and easily one of the best things about our wedding! I highly recommend their team for your event!

They were incredibly easy to work with, right from the beginning. We worked with the Booking Manager Robert Corrall who also was our DJ, and he made sure everything was absolutely perfect. Our wedding was back in the Midwest, and Rob handled all of the equipment details. He made sure we didn't have to worry about a thing, which was huge!

There wasn't a moment the dance floor was empty, and our guests are still raving about Rob, even months after the wedding. We had a lot of traditions that are unusual in a wedding, and Rob made sure he understood each and performed them flawlessly. He played all of the songs we wanted and made sure he really understood what we wanted out of our day. He was great at reading the crowd and played a variety of songs for everyone of all ages to enjoy.

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our big day. A HUGE thank you to the VOX team for making our wedding day perfect!

Services Used: DJ

These guys have the DJ thing NAILED. KC and his staff were ultra professional and prepared. We opted for the KC Campbell experience which I would highly recommend if you can swing it. Our dance floor was packed the whole time and he did an amazing job. Loved them and would highly recommend! Thanks KC and everyone at Vox!!

Lord Rodney
03/21/2015

We had another vendor drop out 11 days before our wedding, but David from Vox DJs stepped in and helped make our wedding a success. We had a very specific play/do not play list and David did a great job managing both the timing and coordinating any special toast requests. He made all or our special announcements for the "lords and ladies in attendance" with style.
We also rented lights, and they provided those at a very reasonable rate. There were some glitches, but they stemmed from the support folks in the office getting the wrong version of a song. That happened twice. David did an outstanding job overall and we would recommend him for any event.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I am so happy we went with VOX for our wedding DJ! They worked with us on the price, very responsive, and professional. In my opinion you don't want a bad DJ because they set the whole mood for the night. VOX was the only vendor that actually checked up on us with a schedule and timeline, which I really appreciated. Andy was our DJ and he definitely made sure everyone was up and moving around, having fun, and dancing...even when our families are not big dancers. He played all the songs we requested and even suggested us to practice our dance during cocktail hour (I didn't think of that!) so we can practice on the unfamiliar dance floor. All of our guests complimented us on hiring such a great DJ.
I highly recommend VOX DJ Andy for a wedding!

Joanna + David