VOX DJs

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

David Newton and Vox DJs really did a phenomenal job at our June 14, 2015 wedding. He did the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Since we didn’t have a day-of coordinator or a wedding planner, we had quite a few timeline issues, but David did so well to help us stay on track. He really went the extra distance to make things run as smoothly as possible. He was a hit with the ladies for sure! He did SO WELL playing our songs, too! I mean, I’ve been to weddings where they requests specific songs and get nothing, but David really listened to what we wanted and did a fantastic job incorporating all our favorite stuff. It was epic.

The way Vox DJs run their business is genius. Having a variety of different DJs with different expertise and an office manager who can point you in the right direction is fantastic. I’m so happy we got to work with this company! The price was so reasonable and they even provide up lighting! My only suggestion with up lighting is not to go crazy and stick with relatively common colors!
David and Vox DJs helped make our wedding day so special. We would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married!

Services Used: DJ

We got married on May 24th 2015 and it was an amazing night, made only better by Ryan Dethloff’s amazing mix skills. His choices were so spot on during the entire night - there were multiple times that I turned to my husband and said, “wow this wasn’t on the must play list but it’s perfect!” Ryan was professional and courteous with our family members, and it was clear he did a lot of planning beforehand to be ready for the big day. We had a singer perform and her vocals were perfect, no one’s speech seemed too loud, and the music levels were great throughout the night. Ryan kept the crowd going with his song selections outside of the must play list, and he was even able to handle taking song requests from our guests as well ( I know one guest in particular may have been a little pushy with him, but Ryan handled her with respect and professionalism).

The entire VOX team is FANTASTIC. Rob, Aaron, and the office staff make the entire process incredibly easy by scheduling a first meeting with them so we could get to know all the services they offer, and also sat down with us a month out to go over all the small details. Their song selection database is super easy to use and has EVERY song you can imagine. The payment process is easy, we used their credit card authorization but they also accept checks. Overall - we are very happy we went with them!

Services Used: DJ

When my wife and I initially met with VOX DJs, we were very impressed with how thoughtful and detail oriented they were. They paid attention to us, our concerns, and helped us a great deal in the planning process. They promptly and happily answered all of our questions when we emailed them. We had a picture slideshow prepared for the wedding, and VOX was able handle all of the details for that. We just sent them the file and they took care of the rest (downloading it, testing it, supplying the equipment, setting up at the venue, etc.). They made that potentially complicated task very stress-free. We ended up working with DJ Jeff who put a lot of hard work and thought into making our wedding so special. Jeff did an amazing job with the music and with helping things to run smoothly and on time. All our guests raved about the music and the efficiency of the wedding! DJ Jeff truly took ownership of his role in the wedding and went out of your way to make sure things were perfect. DJ Jeff, as well as the rest of the crew at VOX, was so professional and yet so friendly and personable at the same time. We truly felt like we were working with one of our closest friends! We are incredibly grateful and very happy we used VOX!

Services Used: DJ

Jack Farmer was our DJ and working with the VOX DJ Team (including Aaron Free and Robert Corrall on logistics/invoicing) was a pleasure from the very beginning, with regular followups and check-ins. During our last meeting with Jack before the big day to go through specifics, Jack was charismatic and understanding and offered advice and options easily. We really felt like we were being taken care of!

On the day of the wedding, Jack came to set up all the gear on time, with a smile throughout the whole day, putting people at ease and keeping spirits high. We also rented microphones for our live guitarist and allowed our videographer to plug into the audio to record our vows. Jack also has the perfect cheery and professional "DJ" voice to announce key points during our wedding!

Dancing! We had a relatively shy crowd at times and Jack hyped up the dance floor when the tone came down and kept spirits going high. He was able to read the dance floor vibe very well, transitioning from song to song perfectly, I want to say our maid of honor went through “this is my jam!!” moments pretty much constantly through the night.

Thank you VOX DJs and Jack for an unforgettable and fun wedding!

Recently Married

Diego from Vox DJs did our wedding recently. We were stressed about the dancing part of our wedding, because we're not super into music so we didn't know what preferences to give. But, Diego was totally fine with that, and reassured us that he's done lots of weddings and could work based on the crowd, so we left most of it in his hands, and are glad we did! The dance floor was full until we had to leave, and we didn't have to even think about the music during the reception. Diego also did a good job emcee-ing, and didn't use the mic to do plugs for the company, which can be annoying. In terms of price, it seemed like most of the professional DJ companies charge around the same amount. Vox seemed particularly professional and friendly, which is why we went with them.

Services Used: DJ

Vox DJs services surprised me from the beginning with their professionalism. They clearly have the wedding DJ process down pat. Rob, who works in the office and also is a DJ for them, is very responsive. He went out of his way to make sure he could fit our needs.

The DJ was our wedding was DJ Ryan. He did a good job, provided a lively atmosphere for our celebration. He played many of our favorite songs. It was a night that we will never forget, and he was a big part of that.

Services Used: DJ

Casey from VOX DJ's just provided entertainment for our wedding on April 25th and it was amazing. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night, and a ton of my guests have come to me and said that it was the best music they've ever heard played at a wedding.

Booking with Robert was awesome. He was easy to work with, quick to answer all of my questions and even helped out with budget when I needed it.

I'd recommend them in a heart beat. Thanks for making my wedding so awesome!

Services Used: DJ

Ralph from VOX DJ was amazing. He kept the dance floor going all night long. He also was our MC for the night to keep us on schedule which that he did! We loved the fact that we could choose our must play songs, absolutely do not play, etc. digitally on their website once we booked which made it custom to what we wanted to hear on that night! We met with them once or twice in total to sign the paper then to confirm our details before the big day and that was it, so easy. Thanks VOX DJ!

Services Used: DJ

I can't say enough good things about VOX DJs and DJ Aaron Free in particular. He and the good folks at Vox made my Laguna Beach wedding truly memorable. The excellent customer service starts with Robert in the main office, who went out of his way to answer all of our questions even though we lived all the way across the country and had to deal with a three-hour time difference. Once we settled on Aaron Free as our event DJ, he was a total professional and joy to work with. He was patient, helpful, and informative as we worked out the music for our ceremony, reception, and dance. He played all the songs my finance requested and hit each and every cue we asked for (even silly ones like the Law & Order theme song when my best man, an attorney, gave his toast). I totally agree with my guests who said Aaron was the best wedding DJ they've ever heard. You should not hesitate one second to book VOX DJs for your wedding or other special event in Orange County.

Services Used: DJ

These guys have the DJ thing NAILED. KC and his staff were ultra professional and prepared. We opted for the KC Campbell experience which I would highly recommend if you can swing it. Our dance floor was packed the whole time and he did an amazing job. Loved them and would highly recommend! Thanks KC and everyone at Vox!!

Lord Rodney
03/21/2015

We had another vendor drop out 11 days before our wedding, but David from Vox DJs stepped in and helped make our wedding a success. We had a very specific play/do not play list and David did a great job managing both the timing and coordinating any special toast requests. He made all or our special announcements for the "lords and ladies in attendance" with style.
We also rented lights, and they provided those at a very reasonable rate. There were some glitches, but they stemmed from the support folks in the office getting the wrong version of a song. That happened twice. David did an outstanding job overall and we would recommend him for any event.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I am so happy we went with VOX for our wedding DJ! They worked with us on the price, very responsive, and professional. In my opinion you don't want a bad DJ because they set the whole mood for the night. VOX was the only vendor that actually checked up on us with a schedule and timeline, which I really appreciated. Andy was our DJ and he definitely made sure everyone was up and moving around, having fun, and dancing...even when our families are not big dancers. He played all the songs we requested and even suggested us to practice our dance during cocktail hour (I didn't think of that!) so we can practice on the unfamiliar dance floor. All of our guests complimented us on hiring such a great DJ.
I highly recommend VOX DJ Andy for a wedding!

Joanna + David

Jeremy
02/21/2015

At our venue, we were actually required to use VOX DJs because of a Laguna Beach noise ordinance (and I guess the venue just trusted them for their compliance). We are certainly glad for the restriction because we cannot imagine using anyone else. First of all, Robert and Aaron were great to work with in planning the event and determining the vibe for our wedding. As a veteran of many Bar Mitzvah events growing up, I was hoping to avoid the "okay, everyone, it's tiiiiiime to get the dance floor" cheesy-DJ vibe and wanted a DJ who was one part ninja (silently controlling everything mood-wise) and one part emcee (clearly controlling things when necessary absent any schmaltz). While I'm sure VOX DJs had many DJs capable of fulfilling that aim, we decided on working with Andy early on in the process. And he was everything we hoped he would be (and more!). Andy was totally on the same page with us during our planning meeting and this synergy continued to our wedding day seamlessly. Andy was in total command of his post, moving things along at the right moments and deftly played many of our preferred selections throughout dinner. When it came to working the dance floor, he expertly played a killer list of songs that kept our dance fever going as long as possible. So many times, we had been to weddings where the DJ switched up a song or vibe that killed the mood. If anything, our guests had less stamina to party than Andy did as he kept us going strong until we could take no more. He was the consummate professional and VOX DJs were awesome for connecting us with Andy and following up with us after the event to see how everything went. Even if you aren't required to use VOX DJs by your venue, you absolutely have to consider them. And while we loved Andy and recommend him highly, we're confident that if he's not available, there's a host of great DJs at VOX who can meet your needs.

Recently Married

My husband and I used Vox DJs for our wedding, and DJ Andy Rossi was phenomenal!!! I have to admit I was skeptical of hiring a wedding DJ thinking it would be cheesy. I was so very wrong. Andy Rossi has an amazing personality, listened to our requests and helped us put together an amazing soundtrack to our wedding. Several people told me he was the best wedding DJ they'd ever heard, and the dance floor was packed all night. Vox also did the uplighting and photo booth, which both turned out awesome. Thanks, Andy and Vox! We can't recommend you highly enough!

Recently Married

LOVED VoxDj's. They came highly recommended to me by both our venue and a friend who uses them frequently for event planning. We were not disappointed. Very professional and accommodating from the get-go. And we had SO many people rave about David during and after the reception. He was a perfect mix of reading the crowd, a helping hand to the planner, but also didn't interfere with the wedding. And Fernando made sure everyone got the best pictures for the photo booth. The ONLY reason I didn't give them a perfect 5.0/5.0 rating is because there was a mix-up with our photobooth logo, so only recommendation would be to make sure to confirm everything the week of. I got too relaxed. :) But by no means the end of the world, and obviously not noticeable to anyone but us, so doesn't take away from the importance of what they delivered which was the music and photobooth, both of which were fantastic during the event, which is all that matters.

VOX DJs responded with the following comments:

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the awesome review! We loved being a part of your Big Day too. Again, we are really sorry we let you down on the Photo booth logo. Totally our fault, and typically we don't allow these things to slip by. Please let us know if we can make it up to you in any way.

All the best!! Congratulations again!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Robyn
01/03/2015

VOX DJs will work with your budget and make sure to provide the right type of DJ for you. We were so lucky to have gotten in touch with DJ Henry Jones because he was rockin'! He had great energy/vibes which totally added more life to the party. He listened to our music wants and needs, and even made sure to check in with us if anyone made some "special" requests not on our list.