VOX DJs

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I do not think I can ever use another DJ service other than VOX! They are amazing - I have worked with several of the different DJs and love them all. KC is just unbelievable in the energy and fun he infuses into the room. They are all extremely professional and create an event experience like no other. When VOX is in the house, everyone is on the dance floor!

Services Used: DJ

Thanks to VOX Djs and most notably, Jack Farmer, for making our wedding weekend so special. Jack was always available and made the process very easy from initial introduction, to planning, to final execution on wedding day. Diane and I were committed to using South Bay partners for ALL our wedding needs and we were so fortunate to be partnered with VOX Djs who are the BEST and based in the South Bay. Perfect fit! I can't say enough about their professionalism and execution at a reasonable price. Don't look any further for your DJ, lighting, and photo booth needs; just call VOX DJs and ask for Jack Farmer. You will be in good hands. #8isGR8 #Womshaw

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We used DJ Aaron Thomas Free for our wedding and he was amazing!

He was very receptive to questions before our wedding, and did a walkthrough at the venue before the big day, as it was an unusual location. We also wanted to have an EDM party after the cake cutting, and he made it work, even kept lots of non-EDM people still on the dance floor during it!!

We definitely recommend DJ Aaron Thomas Free for your next wedding!

Services Used: DJ

Henry was great! He met all of our requests and made our night really special. We highly recommend VOX DJs.

Services Used: DJ

From our first consultation with Robert Corrall at VOX, my husband and I knew we were in good hands. Robert had just as many questions for me as I did for him. Robert (like the rest of his team) was very detail-oriented and thoughtful about placing his clients with DJs that best suit their needs and vision. After our very thorough conversation, Robert sent me a list of DJs that he thought would be a great fit for us. The VOX website was incredibly helpful in getting to know the DJs and even features sample videos and playlists that highlight their work. We decided on David Newton and that was possibly the single best wedding planning decision we made. Since we could not come into the office for in-person meetings, David made himself available to talk with us over Skype and by phone. David was also fantastic over email (something I appreciated as I was planning from afar) and would get back to even my smallest questions and requests the same day. David spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with us discussing the scheduling of events for the wedding day and asked lots of questions about what we wanted. The day of the wedding, he arrived 2 hours early to set up and test his equipment and under his watch, our ceremony and reception went off without a single hitch. Every toast, dance and announcement happened right on time and everything flowed seamlessly. With David, we got an incredibly talented DJ, MC and (in so many ways) day-of coordinator that listened to our ideas and preferences for music genres and song selections and produced an incredible night with music that kept all of our guests (young & old) on the dance floor all night. The night was so much fun and, importantly, it was also a perfect reflection of me and my husband. We have received endless praise from our friends & family about David and I have already had several of my engaged friends inquire as to how to book him for their own weddings! Thank you David & VOX for our crazy fun, and unforgettable wedding!

Services Used: DJ

We were extremely happy with VOX DJs. From beginning to end they were fantastic to work with. Our initial meeting was with the office manager and after hearing what our vision was for the day, he recommended a few DJs (from their pool 15 professionally trained). We ended up choosing Henry, one of their senior DJs, and he was perfect! He did everything exactly how we wanted. He was early, professionally dressed. He was fun and played awesome music - based off of a few songs we chose and a theme. The dance floor was full and rocking all night long. The best DJ we've ever experienced! We wish we could get married again so that we could party with Henry one more time.

Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

Wow! What a job done by Henry for our wedding!! He was amazing, very fun, and filled up the dance floor all night. He mixed the right music for the right crowd. Couldn't have been happier! Ask for Henry for the best entertainment experience.

They also provided a photo booth for our wedding...that was a huge success for our guests! And the best part...they saved a copy of each photo for us in print and on a USB stick! It was fun going through them the morning afterwards, and showing them to people before getting our wedding photos back.

Top-shelf job done by VOX!! Thanks Guys!!

Services Used: DJ

David Newton and Vox DJs really did a phenomenal job at our June 14, 2015 wedding. He did the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Since we didn’t have a day-of coordinator or a wedding planner, we had quite a few timeline issues, but David did so well to help us stay on track. He really went the extra distance to make things run as smoothly as possible. He was a hit with the ladies for sure! He did SO WELL playing our songs, too! I mean, I’ve been to weddings where they requests specific songs and get nothing, but David really listened to what we wanted and did a fantastic job incorporating all our favorite stuff. It was epic.

The way Vox DJs run their business is genius. Having a variety of different DJs with different expertise and an office manager who can point you in the right direction is fantastic. I’m so happy we got to work with this company! The price was so reasonable and they even provide up lighting! My only suggestion with up lighting is not to go crazy and stick with relatively common colors!
David and Vox DJs helped make our wedding day so special. We would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married!

Services Used: DJ

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to DJ Rob Corrall, DJ Henry Jones, and the whole Vox DJs team! Rob set us up from the moment we inquired about DJ services for our wedding reception. He walked us through the entire process in a casual and low-pressure but knowledgeable way. He really helped us begin to envision the reception we wanted, which helped us to start imagining the things we did/didn't want in a DJ. He matched us up with Henry, and it was the perfect fit! Henry went out of his way to meet us in person twice, including once at our venue to map out our entrances, speaker setup, etc. He went over our ideas in detail and quickly got a feel for our music taste. I appreciated that he asked if we had any songs for the DO NOT PLAY list (heyyyyyy macarena!). He was full of helpful suggestions, but didn't push his agenda at all. It was so reassuring to know that someone who has done a ton of wedding would be helping to steer the ship. Everyone at Vox was 100% professional, but without being pretentious at all.

On the wedding day, Henry put out a million small fires without ever missing a beat. He kept the party going with great energy (but without forcing it on people.. it's always awkward when the DJ is a little TOO hyped before the party is ready for all that). At least 5 different people messaged me a week or two after the wedding, saying they had a great time and that it was the best wedding music they had heard! I will be recommending Vox DJs to any/everyone who asks!

Services Used: DJ

We got married on May 24th 2015 and it was an amazing night, made only better by Ryan Dethloff’s amazing mix skills. His choices were so spot on during the entire night - there were multiple times that I turned to my husband and said, “wow this wasn’t on the must play list but it’s perfect!” Ryan was professional and courteous with our family members, and it was clear he did a lot of planning beforehand to be ready for the big day. We had a singer perform and her vocals were perfect, no one’s speech seemed too loud, and the music levels were great throughout the night. Ryan kept the crowd going with his song selections outside of the must play list, and he was even able to handle taking song requests from our guests as well ( I know one guest in particular may have been a little pushy with him, but Ryan handled her with respect and professionalism).

The entire VOX team is FANTASTIC. Rob, Aaron, and the office staff make the entire process incredibly easy by scheduling a first meeting with them so we could get to know all the services they offer, and also sat down with us a month out to go over all the small details. Their song selection database is super easy to use and has EVERY song you can imagine. The payment process is easy, we used their credit card authorization but they also accept checks. Overall - we are very happy we went with them!

Services Used: DJ

When my wife and I initially met with VOX DJs, we were very impressed with how thoughtful and detail oriented they were. They paid attention to us, our concerns, and helped us a great deal in the planning process. They promptly and happily answered all of our questions when we emailed them. We had a picture slideshow prepared for the wedding, and VOX was able handle all of the details for that. We just sent them the file and they took care of the rest (downloading it, testing it, supplying the equipment, setting up at the venue, etc.). They made that potentially complicated task very stress-free. We ended up working with DJ Jeff who put a lot of hard work and thought into making our wedding so special. Jeff did an amazing job with the music and with helping things to run smoothly and on time. All our guests raved about the music and the efficiency of the wedding! DJ Jeff truly took ownership of his role in the wedding and went out of your way to make sure things were perfect. DJ Jeff, as well as the rest of the crew at VOX, was so professional and yet so friendly and personable at the same time. We truly felt like we were working with one of our closest friends! We are incredibly grateful and very happy we used VOX!

Services Used: DJ

Jack Farmer was our DJ and working with the VOX DJ Team (including Aaron Free and Robert Corrall on logistics/invoicing) was a pleasure from the very beginning, with regular followups and check-ins. During our last meeting with Jack before the big day to go through specifics, Jack was charismatic and understanding and offered advice and options easily. We really felt like we were being taken care of!

On the day of the wedding, Jack came to set up all the gear on time, with a smile throughout the whole day, putting people at ease and keeping spirits high. We also rented microphones for our live guitarist and allowed our videographer to plug into the audio to record our vows. Jack also has the perfect cheery and professional "DJ" voice to announce key points during our wedding!

Dancing! We had a relatively shy crowd at times and Jack hyped up the dance floor when the tone came down and kept spirits going high. He was able to read the dance floor vibe very well, transitioning from song to song perfectly, I want to say our maid of honor went through “this is my jam!!” moments pretty much constantly through the night.

Thank you VOX DJs and Jack for an unforgettable and fun wedding!

Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

Diego from Vox DJs did our wedding recently. We were stressed about the dancing part of our wedding, because we're not super into music so we didn't know what preferences to give. But, Diego was totally fine with that, and reassured us that he's done lots of weddings and could work based on the crowd, so we left most of it in his hands, and are glad we did! The dance floor was full until we had to leave, and we didn't have to even think about the music during the reception. Diego also did a good job emcee-ing, and didn't use the mic to do plugs for the company, which can be annoying. In terms of price, it seemed like most of the professional DJ companies charge around the same amount. Vox seemed particularly professional and friendly, which is why we went with them.

Services Used: DJ

Vox DJs services surprised me from the beginning with their professionalism. They clearly have the wedding DJ process down pat. Rob, who works in the office and also is a DJ for them, is very responsive. He went out of his way to make sure he could fit our needs.

The DJ was our wedding was DJ Ryan. He did a good job, provided a lively atmosphere for our celebration. He played many of our favorite songs. It was a night that we will never forget, and he was a big part of that.

2.9

We hired Vox DJs for a wedding and they assigned DJ Robbie to us. We met with him before the event to go over the logistics. Filled out the paperwork they gave us, which songs to play when, and who to introduce, along with the sequence of events, etc... and everything seemed fine. UNTIL the day of the event. Looking over it, it was not that great.

For one, he did not have the music ready when people were walking down the aisle. The music did not come on until the bridesmaids were walking in. There was no music playing for the groomsmen.

After the ceremony, when the bridal party was making an entrance, he introduced people using the wrong name (Ex. William instead of Willis). And he missed one person completely causing them to be walking out when the introductions were being made for the husband and wife. The shout out to the special guest was not given, even though it was planned at the previous meeting to do so.

When it came time for the first dance, he did NOT have the correct song for the first dance!!! Even though we had already gone over the song at the meeting beforehand (before the day of the event) and there were NO changes made to the first dance song.

He instead asked if he could play another song instead.

Also, we spent time putting together a list of songs for him to play, but he choose to play his own list of songs. It could not have been requests for the guests because we asked all the guests if they requested any songs and very few people did so.

Another weird thing was the last song. He announced that he was playing the last song for the night, but proceeded to play eight or so more songs. Each time announcing that it was the "LAST" song of the night.

I would not recommend Vox DJs. Even the whole environment of the company is very Hermosa Beach Bro with their favorite song to end a party being Don't Stop Believing or Pour Some Sugar on me. Luckily, it was on my do not play list so Robbie didn't play it.

Services Used: DJ

Casey from VOX DJ's just provided entertainment for our wedding on April 25th and it was amazing. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night, and a ton of my guests have come to me and said that it was the best music they've ever heard played at a wedding.

Booking with Robert was awesome. He was easy to work with, quick to answer all of my questions and even helped out with budget when I needed it.

I'd recommend them in a heart beat. Thanks for making my wedding so awesome!