Visage Joli

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy is so incredibly knowledgeable at what she does. She is extremely meticulous and will make sure you look absolutely perfect on your wedding day. I did online research of my own and discovered Wendy and her business. Her prices were reasonable and she traveled out to my venue and did my makeup on site the morning of my wedding. I had my makeup airbrushed on and it lasted from early in the morning, and looked flawless late at night. Wendy is truly a joy to work with and she made sure to listen to what I wanted. She understood what I was explaining and she made sure to cater to my needs. I felt so incredibly beautiful on my wedding day and I highly recommend Wendy to anyone looking to have their makeup done.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I never looked more beautiful in my life than on my wedding day ! Wendy and Renee took such good care of me and my entire party. We felt relaxed and the Moms loved their hair and makeup. I would recommend Visage Joli to anyone !

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy (make-up) and Renee (hair) were great to work with. They were professional, flexible, and clearly really love what they do! I would highly recommend Visage Joli.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you're looking for exquisite service and exceptionally talented people to make you ABSOLUTELY stunning on your wedding day then Visage Joli is the place to go! Wendy and her staff are wonderful people. So patient, knowledgeable, funny and sweet! Wendy is truly the best at what she does. My makeup was flawless and lasted through my entire ceremony AND reception! Thank you to you and all your staff for making what was already a memorable day that much more memorable!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy was absolutely incredible to work with. She not only made me feel beautiful on wedding day but kept me cool and calm the whole time. In the months leading up to my wedding she was so helpful, she even did a second trial for free because I was so indecisive. I cant say enough great things about her. Having Wendy do my makeup was one of the best decision I made and I would recommend her 100 times over to anyone looking for makeup artist, because she truly is an artist. By the end of the entire experience I not only consider her a professional I worked with but a real friend.

• Wedding: 12/07/2013
Richelle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Wendy to do my makeup for my wedding on October 6, 2013, and I'm so happy I did. I first heard of Visage Joli after checking out an awesome You Swoop deal earlier this year. In all honesty, I would have paid full price and more for her makeup services. She is a ROCKSTAR. She has a ton of talent, she is creative, organized, and so very patient. She made me look and feel beautiful. Wendy has over 20 years of makeup experience, and her work is showcased on news anchors at a Chicago TV station- how awesome is that!

I wanted a natural look that would compliment my brown hair and brown eyes, and she knew exactly how to bring forth that natural beauty. Since she used an airbrush applicator, my makeup lasted all day (despite sweat and tears!). Wendy did my sister's makeup as well, and she looked absolutely gorgeous. I had two trials with her, since I'm so picky, but she was so professional the whole time. She really listened to what I wanted. On the day of my wedding, she brought her notes and my comments and executed my look exactly how I wanted it.

Thank you again, Wendy!

Visage Joli responded with the following comments:

I absolutely adored Lizzette. She is super sweet & very organized. Thank you Lizzette !

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Should have done this a while ago! Wendy and Renee did an absolutely lovely job on my makeup and hair for my wedding day. They were able to work in a trial for me at a time that was convenient even though it was peak wedding season. On the day of, they were completely prompt and professional. Renee dealt super nicely when I started freaking out that my hair was to one side (as we'd agreed and I wanted) and calmed me down. Wendy adapted my makeup from the trial as I requested and the result was even better than the trial or than i could have expected. She was a completely calm and calming presence throughout the time and wasnt fussed when I needed to get dressed halfway through her finishing my mom's makeup. Overall, highly recommend.

• Wedding: 09/29/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I was referred to Wendy by one of my bridesmaids who had used her services for her wedding several years ago. She is a true artist and can be a little intense, but she knows what she's doing and does an incredible job! She was very open to listening to what I wanted and then making recommendations based on her observations and experience, which was very helpful to me since I don't wear a lot of makeup on a regular basis and had never had my makeup professionally done before. It was important to me that I still looked like me for my wedding (just a prettier version!). I was blown away with the end result. She has amazing attention to detail and really takes her time to make sure everything looks perfect. However, since she is so thorough, she can get a little off schedule and tends to run a little longer than her time estimates. This also happened when my bridesmaid used her services for her wedding. Don't get me wrong, the end result is well worth it! Her work is amazing and I would absolutely recommend her! But I would recommend budgeting some extra time to make sure that you don't fall behind in your schedule and get stressed. She did makeup for myself and my three bridesmaids. It took about an hour per bridesmaid, about an hour and a half for me. I did do a trial appointment with her prior to the wedding day which was very helpful. I did not use hair services from Visage Joli, only makeup.

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy was very open and attentive! We were all very happy with our makeup! Thank you, Wendy!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was so bless to have Wendy and her staff do the hair and makeup for my Wedding at the Omni Hotel in Chicago. They were incredibly professional, had great attitudes, and were able to make not only me, but my mother and bridesmaids look flawless. I couldn't have asked for a better pair! The atmosphere in the room while we were getting our hair and makeup done was enjoyable and entertaining - I almost forgot about the wedding nerves! I am hoping to work with Wendy again for future events! If you are looking for a great group of people to have make your special day special, I'd highly recommend them.

Visage Joli responded with the following comments:

Renee & I had a wonderful time with Emily & her maids. We felt very welcome ! Plus working a wedding at the Chicago Omni is always a pleasure.

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
Emily
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We all looked beautiful and very pleased with our makeup. It was the best makeup job we ever had.

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
Christine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So easy to work with and excellent eye for color and makeup style. Did a wonderful job with the wide variety of skin tones and personal styles of our wedding party. Truly an artist.

• Wedding: 05/19/2013
Pamela
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So professional! Did exactly what I asked for and made the service fun!

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
Wendy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My makeup looked great for my wedding, I was really happy that picked Wendy for the job. Thanks, Wendy!

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
gabmarie1029@gmail.com
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy is phenomenal--friendly and professional. She did the makeup for my wedding in August. Most importantly, she showed up. She showed up on time. She worked quickly. And she did a great job. My hairstylist also happens to be a makeup artist, and I overheard her telling her assistant how fantastic Wendy is--she said she could learn a thing or two from her. She did very natural makeup that showed up in photographs without looking garish in person. Our makeup lasted (in some cases) from 7am to 11pm. My bridal party was complicated--we had two dark skinned black women, two medium skinned black women, a light skinned black woman, a Latina, and a South Asian and Wendy matched each of us flawlessly. I still email her to ask what products she used.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy and Jennifer did an absolutely fabulous job on for my makeup and hair on my wedding day. They were able to transform me into a traditional Indian bride for the wedding, and then transition me into Bollywood glamour for the reception. These were both the looks I had hoped for on my wedding day. Wendy is very knowledgeable about the makeup looks for Indian brides and she did alot of research on the look I was trying to achieve. She also kept in contact with me about new methods for makeup application which was very helpful and reassuring to me as a nervous bride. Jennifer worked on my hair and she nailed both my looks for the wedding and reception as well. Both Jennifer and Wendy kept be calm and helped me complete getting dressed for the big day. I could not have been happier with their work on me!

• Wedding: 08/11/2012
312-320-4714
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards