Vinwood Caterers

Vinwood Caterers

The Art of Food

3 Union Street
Ipswich, MA 01938 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 1000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Incredible catering company, food was incredible and service was spectacular. Would highly recommend. They don't do tastings, but trust them, multiple guests commented on how great the food was.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I couldn't have been more happy with our choice to have Vinwood cater our wedding! My husband and I got married at Smolak Farms on Halloween and they were one of four vendors we had to choose from, and I'm so glad we did. From the moment I met with them a year before our wedding they were nothing but accommodating. I had several special meals needed, i.e. gluten free and vegan for a few guests, I wanted all the water served in mason jars, several times I changed our requested liquor amount, and even had to change the seating arrangements a few times and they were super understanding and helpful throughout it all. It always makes you feel good when after your wedding family and friends are raving non-stop about the entire thing from start to finish but one of the biggest raves is about the food. I didn't get a chance to eat much of it (such a shame that brides and grooms are too busy to eat!!) but I even had one guest who said "I woke up dreaming about your food the next day". The starter salad (roasted butternut squash salad) and the entrees (roast chicken and harvest pork) were delicious, but I think the passed h'orderves were what really made it all! The grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters were a huge hit and so weren't the little mini pizzas with pork. The staff was also amazing. As the bride and groom, we had our own personal waitstaff basically following us around all evening, anything we wanted they would grab it, sometimes without even asking! This one waiter, Pano (I might be spelling that wrong) was so sweet, he would notice my wine glass was almost empty and before I knew it he had a full waiting for me...all my groomsmen and bridesmaids loved him! Vinwood was easily one of the best vendors at our wedding.

• Wedding: 10/31/2014
Alexandra
  • Flexibility: 5.0

YUM! It is that simple! Hands down the BEST food I have had at a wedding....EVER! Nothing tasted like it was mass produced. Everything was perfect! The staff was wonderful and very attentive, if I needed anything they were right there. Everyone was friendly and sweet. I only wish I could have taken food home!! I would get married all over just to have them carter again!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Maureen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend Vinwood Catering as a wedding caterer. They were a pleasure to work with and were extremely responsive throughout the planning process. They were also flexible when I needed them to use a certified humane chicken vendor which I was so thankful for! The day-of setup and breakdown went well- I didn't have to worry about a thing which was great. The food was amazing- our guests were raving about the appetizers and their cute presentation and the dinners were absolutely delicious! Overall, it was tough to make choices for our menu because all of their options sounded amazing!! The staff was very professional and did a great job of recognizing the "VIPs" like the father of the bride when he wanted a drink :) Overall, I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for professional, well organized staff with top-quality and delicious food choices!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
CK
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Could not think of a complaint if I tried. The food was fantastic and planning went seamlessly because of clear communication from beginning to end.

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
Katherine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Vinwood was amazing!! I was very happy to see the appetizers continued to come out and were still hot!! The dinner was also amazing. I highly recommend Vinwood for any wedding or party.

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Vinwood did an amazing job at our wedding, and they were a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Like many others we were reluctant about booking a caterer that didn't have individual tastings, but all the positive reviews reassured us. We did attend a group tasting, which I highly recommend. They also seat you with people who are also having weddings at your venue, and we ended up exchanging a few emails after the tasting. Another big reason why we went with Vinwood was Jessica- she was so prompt and answered all of our questions before we signed a contract. I knew if we kept working with her we would have an easy time planning the food for our wedding!

Overall, the food was amazing. I didn't get a chance to try many of the hor dourves (my fault, not Vinwood's- they had someone follow us out to our formal photos with food), but we received a lot of compliments. They were also great about coming up with a salad we wanted and were very flexible about menu options. This being said, there were some small errors in our menu (some sides ended up with the wrong main dishes), but these were all minor. We also received lots of compliments about the main dishes, especially the filet mignon with merlot sauce.

Their value also can't be beat. While I really wish they would provide tastings (I for one would have paid to be able to try the dishes we wanted to go with), there really isn't much else I would change!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Kerri
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our venue had an exclusive contract with Vinwood, we were alittle hesitant when booking Turner Hill because we weren't able to taste the foor prior. At our tasting, we were pleasantly surprised . Vinwood did a great job at displaying multiple options for each course to get a good sense of taste & plating . They even had wedding cake, a s'mores station and a whoopee pie food truck that was there to get a sense of all the extras they offer for weddings/events. They have an endless list of options to choose from , and are very flexible with what you like. We had a stationary cheese/ fruit station during cocktail hour, a typical salad course, chicken , steak & vegetarian option followed by our wedding cakes, passed burger sliders and French fries for a late night snack as well as the s'mores station with a outdoor area to roast them ! Our guests could not stop talking about the quality of the food as well as the display. Our Kitchen Manager Kristen was a dream , she was there all night for whatever we needed and continued to update us as the night progressed for what would be happening next . She was fantastic and at the end of the night she even helped pack up our things. I would highly recommend checking out Vinwood for any catering need.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Incredibly yummy food, very professional and easy to work with staff. Handle every detail!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Vinwood Caterers was amazing! We just recently had our wedding where Vinwood is one of three preferred vendors. You have to select Vinwood!! The food was absolutely delicious and the service exceeded my expectations. I was completely blown away when I saw the reception room put together I didn't have to worry about a thing they had done it all. Several people after the wedding told me they have never seen so many appetizers at a wedding before and everything was beautifully displayed! Also they were so easy to work with in the planning process I went back and fourth several times on food ideas and they always had no problem revising my quote for me!

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Vinwood provide the catering services for my daughter's wedding at The Crane Estate in Ipswich, Mass in July. The food was wonderful as well as the service. We met with one of the managers, Ray, a few weeks prior and he was wonderful to work with. Anything we wanted, he would do. We had several nut free, gluten free and vegan requests, which he was happy to accommodate. The service during the reception was highly professional and accommodating. Everybody loved the food and they were more affordable then some of the caterers we spoke with. You will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Vinwood Caterers services went above and beyond to make our day as special as it could be! They were a pleasure working with and the day of the wedding went so smoothly I didn't have to think of one detail! The food was exceptional and the staff was so professional yet approachable and kind. They truly help you organize/coordinate your day and then make it happen when it counts. Shawn, our coordinator for the day of, was amazing and was ready with every little detail that we had talked about (and there were many of those!). She and her staff took them all with ease and it was so much fun to see everything come together so well!! You can stop searching here and hire Vinwood, I am sure that you will be just as happy as we were for having them participate in our unforgeable day. Thanks Vinwood!!!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They provided tons of options for a great value!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Marisa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jessica from Vinwood was my contact person. She was the best! Very on top of everything and timely in responding to emails or voice mails. The food was amazing and the staff was top notch, very professional. There was no lack of food during cocktail hour and the servers kept coming over to the bridal party making sure we had enough of everything. Dinner service was very fast and perfect. The wait staff was very accommodating to all the guests needs. True story: My wedding was a very sunny and hot day, one of the servers went over to a table and asked the guests if there was anything else they needed after serving them dinner, my guest, as a joke, said to one of the wait staff, "hey do you mind going over and standing by the window to block the sun" she went over and stood by the window and did just that throughout the entire dinner! Who else would do that?! I would 100% recommend Vinwood to anyone looking for catering needs!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food at our wedding was AMAZING! People have not had a single negative thing to say about the food! Everyone at Vinwood was incredibly helpful and accessible throughout the entire process. We highly recommend them!

978-356-3273
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards