Van Michael

(4.3 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rowan made my hair look beautiful! He is the best!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Professional, courteous, and a great place for all of us to share the wedding morning. I highly recommend Lucy & Chanel!

• Wedding: 07/03/2014
Profile Picture
Rebecca
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marty Salinas did the bridal hair for 6 bridesmaids, the bride, and 2 moms, and he did an amazing job. He also returned after the ceremony to do a new look (went from updo to downdo). It was gorgeous! I never felt so beautiful.

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used Van Michaels for bridal hair and makeup. My mother and mother-in-law also had their makeup done here, and my bridesmaid had their hair styled. Overall, I had a very positive experience. Van Michael's prices were very competitive with other bridal stylists. I really liked that they had new stylists that charged lower prices--this allowed my bridesmaids to save a little money! I brought a few Pinterest pics of what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like, and the stylists really made it happen! They did an amazing job, especially because I didn't have a trial done beforehand. There were only a few small snafus. One was that we were at the Buckhead location, which was super busy on Saturday afternoon. So we ended up running about 45 minutes behind our scheduled appointments. The other issue was that they didn't have the airbrushes on hand at the salon, so the makeup artist had to apply airbrush makeup to my face by hand. Despite these small issues, I was very satisfied overall with the service we received. We all looked great!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The team at Van Michael Salon at the Forum in Norcross were fantastic on the morning of my wedding. We had 8 women getting hair and make-up done and they finished our look in record time. Everyone looked stunning. Willow did a beautiful job on my updo!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Go to Van Michael in Buckhead for you wedding make up! Elle did an amazing updo for me. It looked so pretty. We had a team of make up artist working on my bridal team. Nikole, Dyvar and J'Marie did our make up. They took their time with each of us and each girl was so happy with their make up. This is an amazing team that should be trusted for any big event!!!

• Wedding: 11/12/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used Tedrick for makeup and Shannon for my hair- and both were really amazing! Tedrick has a real passion and talent for makeup and was a pleasure to work with- he gave me exactly the look I wanted and I have *never* liked a professional makeup application before. He listened to what I wanted and made me look gorgeous.
Shannon was such a pleasure- she had some bridal hair photos for me to look through for ideas, listened to what I wanted and gave me gorgeous bridal hair! It stayed up the whole day and didn't hurt like some pinned updos can sometimes do.... she was super mellow and just a pleasure to spend an hour with on my wedding day, besides giving me flawless hair!

• Wedding: 03/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This salon is so much fun and made my wedding day a breeze! I went to New Talents for an updo and Lindsay did an awesome job. My hair was fabulous all day long... ALL DAY LONG! And Nikole did my make-up and she did such a good job! I looked glamorous and natural. I recommend Van Michael for you and your family and your bridesmaids.

• Wedding: 05/29/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful hair and makeup. Just beware of the high cost.

• Wedding: 07/04/2008
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got my hair done in the New Talents part of Van Michael. I was skeptical after the trial run. But day of wedding, my stylist pulled it together and did a GREAT job.

• Wedding: 03/29/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rod and Nikole made me look like the princess I had always dreamed of on my wedding day! I am going back to them for the other weddings and events that I need my hair and make-up done!!!

• Wedding: 03/15/2008
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a party of 8 at the salon the day of the wedding. they made us feel very welcome and relaxed. Everyone was very happy with their experience. They even allowed us to bring food and champagne to enjoy while we were there. The only complaint was that the use of even one bobby pin counted as an updoo and could become expensive.

• Wedding: 11/03/2007
4.4/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first found out about Van Michael from other brides. I booked them a year before my wedding for my entire wedding party. We all had our hair and makeup at the salon. The store was very flexible and responsive and patient when booking my party. They spent a lot of time with me on the phone and in person the day of the wedding. I went in a couple of times before the wedding to meet the stylists and try them out. They even did my hair for the rehearsal dinner. The stylists I used was Billy Jo and the make up artist was Meghan. Both of them made me look natural and made me feel beautiful. The whole bridal party enjoyed being in the salon and we all made it to the church looking beautiful and on time! The best thing Van Michael did though was they totally made over the mother of the bride (my mom). Before the wedding they met with her and gave her a young confidant style haircut and on on the day of the wedding made her look gorgeous! They were a little on the pricey side for the professional services (the New Talents are a great price) but they are worth the money when you consider you are at a well known Buckhead salon. I would definitely recommend them and plan on using them again the future!

• Wedding: 06/16/2007
404-237-4664
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7