Timacuan Country Club

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Planning every detail of a wedding isn't easy! However, David not only MADE it simple but offered suggestions regarding food, vendors, etc that gave me peace of mind! I had many guests that were impressed with the meal AND appetizers ("best food at a wedding ever!") and the venue was gorgeous! We felt like we had our very own wedding planner with David! The rest of the staff was also friendly and helpful. Thanks to everyone at Timacuan for making my daughter's wedding day memorable and as worry-free as possible for a mother of the bride!

Recently Married

The people at Timacuan were very kind and willing to help! They were very professional and I loved how David helped us through the entire process, rehearsal day and stayed for the whole wedding day.

Kellie
02/21/2015

David was absolutely amazing! Our wedding reception was perfect, he took care of every little detail. I wouldn't have changed a thing. If you are getting married in the Orlando area I recommend Timacuan! All of guests loved the Venue! Thank you David for an amazing evening!

Jan
01/18/2015

Timacuan Golf Club was the perfect wedding and reception venue for our daughter's wedding. From our first visit mid-renovation, we knew it would be the perfect setting. David, the Director of Operations, provided us with our package options, and made suggestions regarding every detail, based on his experience. He guided us with food choices, schedule of events and set up. David responded to every email immediately, even when he was not working. The venue is stunning-from the patio overlooking the golf course where the ceremony was set up, to the elegant chandelier room with gorgeous bar. The fireplaces, both inside and out, added great ambience to the already perfect setting. All of the food was as delicious, as David promised. I would definitely recommend Timacuan to anyone looking for a wedding venue with elegance, high quality food and an overall positive experience.

Patricia
01/10/2015

David was great. Very professional and helpful. The venue was beautiful. The food was awesome Would recommend this venue for any type of event.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so thankful we found Timacuan for our venue; what a beautiful place! More importantly David and the staff. We walked away feeling blessed! Our guest were happy and the food was amazing. Finding the right venue is one piece of the puzzle, but having the right coordinator makes all the difference. We can not Thank David enough for his dedication, genuine heart, and detail he put into our wedding and our wedding guest! We are so happy with our decision to make Timacuan our venue and would recommend to every bride and groom. David is amazing at what he does! Best wishes!

Gina
11/21/2014

Reflecting back on our special day there is only one thought that comes to mind...Simply Stunning!! My husband and I would like to extend our sincerest and warmest Thanks to Timacuan Golf & Country Club for the most memorable experience. The compliments on the ceremony, reception and the food have been non-stop since our wedding day! I can't keep track of how many times I've heard the words "exquisite" "beautiful" "stunning". A special Thank You to David DeAssis (Director of Operations) for his expertise, advice and attentiveness!! You are the master in this business David...you helped make our day more than perfect! Thank you Thank You :)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Mary
11/14/2014

David was wonderful. He was very informative and he kept us appraised of all details in a timely manner. My biggest thanks to him though, is for the way he kept the planning and the wedding stress free for my daughter. Everyone should have a "David" help them with a wedding! Timacuan itself was absolutely beautiful and the food was truly delicious. The feedback from our guests was all glowing.

Avery
11/08/2014

I had both my wedding and rehearsal dinner at Timacuan. I wish I knew how to express what an amazing experience we had! The venue itself was perfect. We had just over 200 people and no one felt crowded. Plus, the outdoor patio was a popular spot for our guests after dinner. The food was amazing and everyone said the dessert bar we chose was perfect. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I had no idea what went into planning a wedding, but David, the Director of Operations, worked with us closely every step of the way. He was accessible, honest, and accommodating. Anything I wanted, he took care of. Any questions I had (and there were many) he responded quickly. It was so nice to work with someone who grows to know you so well that they can anticipate what you'll like or what you'll need. I didn't stress about a single thing the day of my wedding, and I could not be more grateful for David and for Timacuan. Truly a perfect experience.

Recently Married

We could not have found a better location for our daughter's wedding. The food was wonderful. The room was beautiful. The servers were very attentive. The timeline provided by Timacuan made our event a success and David kept everything on track. Thank you!

Recently Married

Our wedding couldn't have been anymore PERFECT and AMAZING. David at Timacuan was amazing from the start. He made our vision come to light and made sure our day was exactly how we wanted. The venue was such a steal for the quality of food, service, and location. All of our guests kept saying how it was the most fun and beautiful wedding they had been to as well as the best food they've had at a wedding. Overall, I wouldn't change a thing. We had a perfect venue with absolutely no complaints at all. I have already recommended this venue to a bride who has booked and will continue to recommend. Thank you David and everyone at Timacuan!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Timacuan Golf & Country Club is by far the most luxurious venue for a Central Florida wedding. This venue provides a coordinator, which is a huge plus. His name is David and his expertise alone is enough reason for them to justify their pricing. David will not only create a wonderful wedding for you, but he will anticipate any hiccups that might occur along the way so that there is a plan in place in case a problem arises. He remains calm when everything else seems hectic too. On the day of the wedding, David even let my parents and I see the kitchen (something most venues hide) and it was the cleanest kitchen I have ever seen. Every one of the staff members introduced themselves to us too. I especially remember Kim, because she treated every one of my wedding guests as if they were her own family. The food at Timacuan was fresh and delicious. All of my guests complimented the food, and they're still talking about it. We had Mahi Mahi Picatta, Filet Mignon, and Chicken Marsala. We also had a dessert bar with more desserts on it than there were guests. Every wedding guest has told me that they felt like they were at an exclusive event and I have Timacuan, David, and his team to thank for that.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Timacuan is a beautiful location and David is wonderful. Even in July it was nice and breezy for the outside ceremony and the inside location for the wedding was absolutely perfect. David was great to work with and very quick to respond to any emails. I would recommend this location to anyone. They have a great room for the bride to get ready in with plenty of space and beautiful backdrops for pictures. Being able to go out on the course for pictures after the wedding was wonderful and I know they will be great shots. Thank you David for a wonderful night.

Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:

Thank you Arlene, and what an amazing family you made with your new kids. I hope you all the best of happiness and joy in life. Please stay in touch though I know you are not as close to us as before. Good Luck.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

David is great. He's very professional, pays attention to detail and makes sure that the day is perfect not only for the bride and groom but for the guest as well. Everyone enjoyed themselves. The venue looked beautiful, the food was outstanding and the Timacuan staff are very delightful people. We had an amazing time. Planning a wedding is a job within itself and can be stressful but David made it as stress free as possible. From beginning to end he was on top of everything. Made sure that all went according to plan. Even in the mist of so many appointment changes, last minute details or mishaps in between, David was patient and assured me that everything will be fine and that I will have the best wedding reception. I couldn't have asked for anything more. David thank you so much. You're AWESOME!!

Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:

Thank you Sabrina, I am so lucky to have been able to be part of your wedding and your cousin Jessica's wedding. I hope married life is treating you well. May you always be as blessed and happy, as you were on your wedding day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding at Timacuan was an absolute joy. There was nothing about the day that I would change, and that is largely due to David and the staff at Timacuan.

Timacuan was the first and only venue that my husband and I visited. Once we met David, I was hooked. We knew we wanted a venue that could accomadate our non-traditional wedding, and David was instrumental in making sure we got exactly what we wanted. He also participated in some of our weird traditions at my mother's insistance- he certainly won her over, and that is no easy feat. We had more than enough room to have game tables, a photobooth, and plenty of space for all of our guests. The decor of the venue itself is stunning, and even if we hadn't decorated ourself, it still would have been a beautiful wedding.

We had both the ceremony and the reception at Timacuan. The ceremony space was the perfect size for our 65 person wedding. Intimate but not too crowded. I had planned for an indoor ceremony due to it being July, and I am so glad that we did. David helped our tiny bridal party every step of the way before, during, and after the ceremony.

David is worth his weight in gold, and then some. He helped us plan everything- the food, the timeline, our other vendors...I know that our day wouldn't have been as special as it was without his help. Nothing went wrong. There were NO headaches, NO surprises. My husband and I had a stress free day!

The food at Timacuan was amazing. David even brought us a plate of hot appetizers during pictures, which was a touch that my husband loved. Our guests raved about the food, and many went back for seconds of the prime rib. The service staff was also amazing, and our guests commented on how friendly and thoughtful they were.

My husband and I are so, so glad that we got married at Timacuan. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:

Thank you Allison and Jarrod, if by "non traditional wedding" you mean creative and fun, then I would agree it was not traditional. I loved that both of you knew what you wanted and did not stick to the same cookie cutout other places may force you to take on your wedding day. You looked absolutely amazing, and I did fall for your mom, she was a blast. I wish your entire family the best of Luck.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where to begin? David DeAssis and his staff at Timacuan were gifts from God! They made our wedding reception truly unforgettable. Over and over our guests raved how perfect, beautiful, smooth and fun our reception was, and we owe SO much to David! Really, I heard the word perfect used several times!!

First, David--he is one of the most hardworking people we've ever met and was an absolute JOY to work with! He puts his heart into everything about your wedding. He meticulously oversaw and took care of every little detail from the placing of the candles on our tables, providing an easel for our large guest book, saving our lives by bringing us hors d'oeuvres and hot tea at cocktail hour when we were famished and my throat was sore. We were very grateful for his astounding responsiveness to our bevy of emails over the course of our four month engagement. When some guests became rowdy, he was the utmost professional and took care of it with grace and firmness. His charisma and energy will charm you but his kindness and hardworking perfectionism will win you over! Truly, we credit him for much of how smoothly our engagement went!

Second, Timacuan--you MUST visit to see for yourself the absolutely GORGEOUS, stylish, tasteful and elegant venue that it is! We had seen two other country clubs in the area and they were ho-hum. As soon as we walked into the ballroom, our jaws dropped. The tall ceilings, the awesome chandeliers, the swanky bar, the pristine and lovely bathrooms important when it comes to guests!). Then the FOOD! David had promised it was exceptional and it WAS. We had both had had our fair share of mediocre wedding food, but this clearly was in a class of its own! The filet mignon and chicken oscar duo was a big hit with our guests: very original, lovely plating, delicious veggies, and it was very filling. The biggest hit were the bacon wrapped scallops at cocktail hour! People are still talking about them!

David, we love you!

Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:

Jane and Stephen, it was our pleasure at Timacuan to do your wedding. Though we only worked together a few months, 4 to be exact, quite the short engagement But I think when you know you found the right person, you probably don't need a long period of waiting. I was so impressed by the stories your families told about how you fell in love. And I knew you were amazing, but hearing you both were so active with helping people around the world less fortunate than yourself, really made you even more amazing in my eyes. Jane you looked beautiful on your wedding day, and for the guests who got rowdy, NO ONE was going to wreck your special day. I wish you both many years of joy, and happiness together. God bless you both.