Timacuan Country Club

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

Mary 2 Reviews
David was wonderful. He was very informative and he kept us appraised of all details in a timely manner. My biggest thanks to him though, is for the way he kept the planning and the wedding stress free for my daughter. Everyone should have a "David" help them with a wedding!
Timacuan itself was absolutely beautiful and the food was truly delicious. The feedback from our guests was all glowing.
Wedding: 11/14/2014

Avery 1 Reviews
I had both my wedding and rehearsal dinner at Timacuan. I wish I knew how to express what an amazing experience we had!
The venue itself was perfect. We had just over 200 people and no one felt crowded. Plus, the outdoor patio was a popular spot for our guests after dinner. The food was amazing and everyone said the dessert bar we chose was perfect. The staff was so friendly and helpful.
I had no idea what went into planning a wedding, but David, the Director of Operations, worked with us closely every step of the way. He was accessible, honest, and accommodating. Anything I wanted, he took care of. Any questions I had (and there were many) he responded quickly. It was so nice to work with someone who grows to know you so well that they can anticipate what you'll like or what you'll need. I didn't stress about a single thing the day of my wedding, and I could not be more grateful for David and for Timacuan. Truly a perfect experience.
Wedding: 11/08/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
We could not have found a better location for our daughter's wedding. The food was wonderful. The room was beautiful. The servers were very attentive. The timeline provided by Timacuan made our event a success and David kept everything on track. Thank you!

Private User 1 Reviews
Our wedding couldn't have been anymore PERFECT and AMAZING. David at Timacuan was amazing from the start. He made our vision come to light and made sure our day was exactly how we wanted. The venue was such a steal for the quality of food, service, and location. All of our guests kept saying how it was the most fun and beautiful wedding they had been to as well as the best food they've had at a wedding. Overall, I wouldn't change a thing. We had a perfect venue with absolutely no complaints at all. I have already recommended this venue to a bride who has booked and will continue to recommend. Thank you David and everyone at Timacuan!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Timacuan Golf & Country Club is by far the most luxurious venue for a Central Florida wedding. This venue provides a coordinator, which is a huge plus. His name is David and his expertise alone is enough reason for them to justify their pricing. David will not only create a wonderful wedding for you, but he will anticipate any hiccups that might occur along the way so that there is a plan in place in case a problem arises. He remains calm when everything else seems hectic too. On the day of the wedding, David even let my parents and I see the kitchen (something most venues hide) and it was the cleanest kitchen I have ever seen. Every one of the staff members introduced themselves to us too. I especially remember Kim, because she treated every one of my wedding guests as if they were her own family. The food at Timacuan was fresh and delicious. All of my guests complimented the food, and they're still talking about it. We had Mahi Mahi Picatta, Filet Mignon, and Chicken Marsala. We also had a dessert bar with more desserts on it than there were guests. Every wedding guest has told me that they felt like they were at an exclusive event and I have Timacuan, David, and his team to thank for that.
Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Timacuan is a beautiful location and David is wonderful. Even in July it was nice and breezy for the outside ceremony and the inside location for the wedding was absolutely perfect. David was great to work with and very quick to respond to any emails. I would recommend this location to anyone. They have a great room for the bride to get ready in with plenty of space and beautiful backdrops for pictures. Being able to go out on the course for pictures after the wedding was wonderful and I know they will be great shots. Thank you David for a wonderful night.
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Thank you Arlene, and what an amazing family you made with your new kids. I hope you all the best of happiness and joy in life. Please stay in touch though I know you are not as close to us as before. Good Luck.
Wedding: 07/18/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David is great. He's very professional, pays attention to detail and makes sure that the day is perfect not only for the bride and groom but for the guest as well. Everyone enjoyed themselves. The venue looked beautiful, the food was outstanding and the Timacuan staff are very delightful people. We had an amazing time. Planning a wedding is a job within itself and can be stressful but David made it as stress free as possible. From beginning to end he was on top of everything. Made sure that all went according to plan. Even in the mist of so many appointment changes, last minute details or mishaps in between, David was patient and assured me that everything will be fine and that I will have the best wedding reception. I couldn't have asked for anything more. David thank you so much. You're AWESOME!!
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Thank you Sabrina, I am so lucky to have been able to be part of your wedding and your cousin Jessica's wedding. I hope married life is treating you well. May you always be as blessed and happy, as you were on your wedding day.
Wedding: 07/13/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding at Timacuan was an absolute joy. There was nothing about the day that I would change, and that is largely due to David and the staff at Timacuan.

Timacuan was the first and only venue that my husband and I visited. Once we met David, I was hooked. We knew we wanted a venue that could accomadate our non-traditional wedding, and David was instrumental in making sure we got exactly what we wanted. He also participated in some of our weird traditions at my mother's insistance- he certainly won her over, and that is no easy feat. We had more than enough room to have game tables, a photobooth, and plenty of space for all of our guests. The decor of the venue itself is stunning, and even if we hadn't decorated ourself, it still would have been a beautiful wedding.

We had both the ceremony and the reception at Timacuan. The ceremony space was the perfect size for our 65 person wedding. Intimate but not too crowded. I had planned for an indoor ceremony due to it being July, and I am so glad that we did. David helped our tiny bridal party every step of the way before, during, and after the ceremony.

David is worth his weight in gold, and then some. He helped us plan everything- the food, the timeline, our other vendors...I know that our day wouldn't have been as special as it was without his help. Nothing went wrong. There were NO headaches, NO surprises. My husband and I had a stress free day!

The food at Timacuan was amazing. David even brought us a plate of hot appetizers during pictures, which was a touch that my husband loved. Our guests raved about the food, and many went back for seconds of the prime rib. The service staff was also amazing, and our guests commented on how friendly and thoughtful they were.

My husband and I are so, so glad that we got married at Timacuan. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Thank you Allison and Jarrod, if by "non traditional wedding" you mean creative and fun, then I would agree it was not traditional. I loved that both of you knew what you wanted and did not stick to the same cookie cutout other places may force you to take on your wedding day. You looked absolutely amazing, and I did fall for your mom, she was a blast. I wish your entire family the best of Luck.
Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where to begin? David DeAssis and his staff at Timacuan were gifts from God! They made our wedding reception truly unforgettable. Over and over our guests raved how perfect, beautiful, smooth and fun our reception was, and we owe SO much to David! Really, I heard the word perfect used several times!!

First, David--he is one of the most hardworking people we've ever met and was an absolute JOY to work with! He puts his heart into everything about your wedding. He meticulously oversaw and took care of every little detail from the placing of the candles on our tables, providing an easel for our large guest book, saving our lives by bringing us hors d'oeuvres and hot tea at cocktail hour when we were famished and my throat was sore. We were very grateful for his astounding responsiveness to our bevy of emails over the course of our four month engagement. When some guests became rowdy, he was the utmost professional and took care of it with grace and firmness. His charisma and energy will charm you but his kindness and hardworking perfectionism will win you over! Truly, we credit him for much of how smoothly our engagement went!

Second, Timacuan--you MUST visit to see for yourself the absolutely GORGEOUS, stylish, tasteful and elegant venue that it is! We had seen two other country clubs in the area and they were ho-hum. As soon as we walked into the ballroom, our jaws dropped. The tall ceilings, the awesome chandeliers, the swanky bar, the pristine and lovely bathrooms important when it comes to guests!). Then the FOOD! David had promised it was exceptional and it WAS. We had both had had our fair share of mediocre wedding food, but this clearly was in a class of its own! The filet mignon and chicken oscar duo was a big hit with our guests: very original, lovely plating, delicious veggies, and it was very filling. The biggest hit were the bacon wrapped scallops at cocktail hour! People are still talking about them!

David, we love you!

Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Jane and Stephen, it was our pleasure at Timacuan to do your wedding. Though we only worked together a few months, 4 to be exact, quite the short engagement But I think when you know you found the right person, you probably don't need a long period of waiting. I was so impressed by the stories your families told about how you fell in love. And I knew you were amazing, but hearing you both were so active with helping people around the world less fortunate than yourself, really made you even more amazing in my eyes. Jane you looked beautiful on your wedding day, and for the guests who got rowdy, NO ONE was going to wreck your special day. I wish you both many years of joy, and happiness together. God bless you both.
Wedding: 06/28/2014

Private User 3 Reviews
Our daughter's wedding was AMAZING! David DeAssis is certainly a true "Master of Ceremony" -
A Master at directing an amazing event! He has every detail fine-tuned. Thank you David!
Additionally, the food was also amazing! There was so much variety and everything was fine dining quality. Thank you Chef!
The renovated facilities are gorgeous! You have to stop out and take a look, meet David and taste the food. You will be thankful you did! Then enjoy your event at Timacuan Country Club!
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was the best. I never was stressed out at all about the wedding. David made sure everything flowed perfectly and I did not have to worry about anything. I couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous place to get married. Timacuan was absolutely perfect and David, the wedding planner made the entire time a breeze. I would absolutely recommend Timacuan and David to anyone.
Wedding: 05/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Timacuan has recently been renovated and my fiance and I took a leap of faith and booked this as our venue without knowing what the final outcome would be. You may think this was a crazy jump we took, however if you have met with David then you know the instant connection and you know how knowledgeable he is. We had no doubt that we could put all of our trust in him and his vision. We visited numerous times after the renovations were completed and I can not express how satisfied we were with the elegance of the venue. It represents pure class. David is ALWAYS on time, ALWAYS responsive, and ALWAYS wears a smile. Even when I know he has had 9 appointments before me he still treats me like I am the one and only bride he is working with. His upbeat personality doesn't change no matter the hour or the day. I can honestly say that David is the sole reason I booked with Timacuan. I had not seen the amazing ballroom he had envisioned until it came to life, and just like David the ballroom is perfection! Go book with him today, you will not be disappointed. Our wedding was this past Saturday and he was on point, he was bringing us drinks, letting us know when we needed to be where and all of our guests were in awe of how lovely the ballroom was and how fabulous David was. It was like he was apart of the party, letting everyone know where to go and what to do. Not one person missed signing my guestbook caught them all walking in the door. It is unreal how organized he is, I sometimes think he has a twin to accomplish all of the things he does so flawlessly. David, you are amazing and I have no doubt in my mind that you are working at THE hottest venue in town and I am so proud to have been a part of something special there with you. I could go on an on and write about all of the wonderful things my guests have said but it will not matter, every bride should check out this venue as soon as possible because word has certainly gotten out about how wonderful it is.
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Kristen, thank you so much, you know every bride is special to me, because every wedding is like a reset button, and I get excited for every single bride on their special day. I thank you for being so kind, but honestly, being an amazing bride to work with goes a long way. You understand that I will do everything within my power to make your day amazing, and if there is something we can do, I will never over promise. I wish you and Mark the best of luck. You are both so beautiful, and your guests and bridal party were amazing through the entire event. You are the true meaning of class.
Wedding: 03/01/2014

Savannah 1 Reviews
When my fiance and I first visited Timacuan Country Club over the summer, they were in the middle of their renovations. We booked the venue as an empty concrete shell with very little idea of what it was going to look like. But what sold me was the coordinator, David. His attention to detail is one-of-a-kind, which is exactly what you want and need on your wedding day. I think David was born to be a wedding coordinator and as a bride, I wouldn't want anyone other than him to help navigate through the most important day of my life. His experience and attention to detail took so much stress off of me during the planning process, particularly in the week leading up to the wedding. He answered all of my questions promptly and with confidence, and was the perfect professional to work with. I cannot say enough good things about David and Timacuan. Our wedding day was perfect from start to finish, and we enjoyed every second of it. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a wonderful wedding ceremony and dinner reception at Timacuan Country Club. David made sure that every detail was taken care of and the event was beautiful. We had many compliments regarding not only how spectacular the inside of the venue looked but how fantastic the food was. The staff was polite, attentive, and very friendly to all of our guests. I would highly recommend the venue to any couple looking to have a beautiful and memorable event.
Jen & Adam Hosier
Wedding: 12/30/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was the BEST, WONDERFUL and FUNNIEST person to work with from beginning to end. He is a perfectionist which I loved the most about him because It assured me that I was in good hands. He made this whole wedding process feel stressed free. I love him!! I had my moments of errors (like picking out the menu) lol we just laughed about it. He made me feel so comfortable.David made sure the reception went smoothly; even after I had my little meltdown he was able to calm me down by making me laugh and reassuring me that everything will come out right and It DID! And the place looked unbelievably Beautiful and Elegant! Without David and his team at Timacuan Country Club our wedding would not have been the amazing day it was. My husband and I are so greatful and we Highly recommend David to everyone!!! We love you!!!
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Jessica and Joel, I love you guys as well, I thank you for sharing both your families with our Timacuan Family. I truly felt honored to work with you and Joel. You are amazing, and your love story with Joel, and learning sign language to communicate with him is inspiring to anyone and everyone. Please stay in touch and I can't wait to see your gorgeous babies.
Wedding: 12/22/2013

Mary 2 Reviews
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Timacuan and David! My husband and I went to Timacuan after our reception site we booked advised they were shutting down. David immediately calmed my nerves and made sure I had everything I wanted and more when we had our first meeting with him! Leading upto the event, David made sure everything was in place and never hesitated to return a phone call or email! The day of our wedding, everything ran so smooth and at no time did I have to worry about anything! Our guests have raved about the service, food, and overall experience and many have stated it was one of the best receptions they have ever been to! My husband and I felt like royalty during the planning process because David makes each and every couple feel special, not like another number coming through the assembly line. Thank you to Timacuan, David and his staff for the amazing event and memories that we will share for the rest of our lives!
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Thank you Mary for the recommendation, It was my pleasure to work with both you and David on your wedding. You both are wonderful to work with, I wish both of you the greatest joy in your years together.
Wedding: 11/16/2013
 407-321-0010
ext. 247
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire