Timacuan Country Club

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding at Timacuan was an absolute joy. There was nothing about the day that I would change, and that is largely due to David and the staff at Timacuan.

Timacuan was the first and only venue that my husband and I visited. Once we met David, I was hooked. We knew we wanted a venue that could accomadate our non-traditional wedding, and David was instrumental in making sure we got exactly what we wanted. He also participated in some of our weird traditions at my mother's insistance- he certainly won her over, and that is no easy feat. We had more than enough room to have game tables, a photobooth, and plenty of space for all of our guests. The decor of the venue itself is stunning, and even if we hadn't decorated ourself, it still would have been a beautiful wedding.

We had both the ceremony and the reception at Timacuan. The ceremony space was the perfect size for our 65 person wedding. Intimate but not too crowded. I had planned for an indoor ceremony due to it being July, and I am so glad that we did. David helped our tiny bridal party every step of the way before, during, and after the ceremony.

David is worth his weight in gold, and then some. He helped us plan everything- the food, the timeline, our other vendors...I know that our day wouldn't have been as special as it was without his help. Nothing went wrong. There were NO headaches, NO surprises. My husband and I had a stress free day!

The food at Timacuan was amazing. David even brought us a plate of hot appetizers during pictures, which was a touch that my husband loved. Our guests raved about the food, and many went back for seconds of the prime rib. The service staff was also amazing, and our guests commented on how friendly and thoughtful they were.

My husband and I are so, so glad that we got married at Timacuan. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Thank you Allison and Jarrod, if by "non traditional wedding" you mean creative and fun, then I would agree it was not traditional. I loved that both of you knew what you wanted and did not stick to the same cookie cutout other places may force you to take on your wedding day. You looked absolutely amazing, and I did fall for you mom, she was a blast. I wish your entire family the best of Luck.
Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where to begin? David DeAssis and his staff at Timacuan were gifts from God! They made our wedding reception truly unforgettable. Over and over our guests raved how perfect, beautiful, smooth and fun our reception was, and we owe SO much to David! Really, I heard the word perfect used several times!!

First, David--he is one of the most hardworking people we've ever met and was an absolute JOY to work with! He puts his heart into everything about your wedding. He meticulously oversaw and took care of every little detail from the placing of the candles on our tables, providing an easel for our large guest book, saving our lives by bringing us hors d'oeuvres and hot tea at cocktail hour when we were famished and my throat was sore. We were very grateful for his astounding responsiveness to our bevy of emails over the course of our four month engagement. When some guests became rowdy, he was the utmost professional and took care of it with grace and firmness. His charisma and energy will charm you but his kindness and hardworking perfectionism will win you over! Truly, we credit him for much of how smoothly our engagement went!

Second, Timacuan--you MUST visit to see for yourself the absolutely GORGEOUS, stylish, tasteful and elegant venue that it is! We had seen two other country clubs in the area and they were ho-hum. As soon as we walked into the ballroom, our jaws dropped. The tall ceilings, the awesome chandeliers, the swanky bar, the pristine and lovely bathrooms important when it comes to guests!). Then the FOOD! David had promised it was exceptional and it WAS. We had both had had our fair share of mediocre wedding food, but this clearly was in a class of its own! The filet mignon and chicken oscar duo was a big hit with our guests: very original, lovely plating, delicious veggies, and it was very filling. The biggest hit were the bacon wrapped scallops at cocktail hour! People are still talking about them!

David, we love you!

Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Jane and Stephen, it was our pleasure at Timacuan to do your wedding. Though we only worked together a few months, 4 to be exact, quite the short engagement But I think when you know you found the right person, you probably don't need a long period of waiting. I was so impressed by the stories your families told about how you fell in love. And I knew you were amazing, but hearing you both were so active with helping people around the world less fortunate than yourself, really made you even more amazing in my eyes. Jane you looked beautiful on your wedding day, and for the guests who got rowdy, NO ONE was going to wreck your special day. I wish you both many years of joy, and happiness together. God bless you both.
Wedding: 06/28/2014

Private User 3 Reviews
Our daughter's wedding was AMAZING! David DeAssis is certainly a true "Master of Ceremony" -
A Master at directing an amazing event! He has every detail fine-tuned. Thank you David!
Additionally, the food was also amazing! There was so much variety and everything was fine dining quality. Thank you Chef!
The renovated facilities are gorgeous! You have to stop out and take a look, meet David and taste the food. You will be thankful you did! Then enjoy your event at Timacuan Country Club!
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was the best. I never was stressed out at all about the wedding. David made sure everything flowed perfectly and I did not have to worry about anything. I couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous place to get married. Timacuan was absolutely perfect and David, the wedding planner made the entire time a breeze. I would absolutely recommend Timacuan and David to anyone.
Wedding: 05/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Timacuan has recently been renovated and my fiance and I took a leap of faith and booked this as our venue without knowing what the final outcome would be. You may think this was a crazy jump we took, however if you have met with David then you know the instant connection and you know how knowledgeable he is. We had no doubt that we could put all of our trust in him and his vision. We visited numerous times after the renovations were completed and I can not express how satisfied we were with the elegance of the venue. It represents pure class. David is ALWAYS on time, ALWAYS responsive, and ALWAYS wears a smile. Even when I know he has had 9 appointments before me he still treats me like I am the one and only bride he is working with. His upbeat personality doesn't change no matter the hour or the day. I can honestly say that David is the sole reason I booked with Timacuan. I had not seen the amazing ballroom he had envisioned until it came to life, and just like David the ballroom is perfection! Go book with him today, you will not be disappointed. Our wedding was this past Saturday and he was on point, he was bringing us drinks, letting us know when we needed to be where and all of our guests were in awe of how lovely the ballroom was and how fabulous David was. It was like he was apart of the party, letting everyone know where to go and what to do. Not one person missed signing my guestbook caught them all walking in the door. It is unreal how organized he is, I sometimes think he has a twin to accomplish all of the things he does so flawlessly. David, you are amazing and I have no doubt in my mind that you are working at THE hottest venue in town and I am so proud to have been a part of something special there with you. I could go on an on and write about all of the wonderful things my guests have said but it will not matter, every bride should check out this venue as soon as possible because word has certainly gotten out about how wonderful it is.
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Kristen, thank you so much, you know every bride is special to me, because every wedding is like a reset button, and I get excited for every single bride on their special day. I thank you for being so kind, but honestly, being an amazing bride to work with goes a long way. You understand that I will do everything within my power to make your day amazing, and if there is something we can do, I will never over promise. I wish you and Mark the best of luck. You are both so beautiful, and your guests and bridal party were amazing through the entire event. You are the true meaning of class.
Wedding: 03/01/2014

Savannah 1 Reviews
When my fiance and I first visited Timacuan Country Club over the summer, they were in the middle of their renovations. We booked the venue as an empty concrete shell with very little idea of what it was going to look like. But what sold me was the coordinator, David. His attention to detail is one-of-a-kind, which is exactly what you want and need on your wedding day. I think David was born to be a wedding coordinator and as a bride, I wouldn't want anyone other than him to help navigate through the most important day of my life. His experience and attention to detail took so much stress off of me during the planning process, particularly in the week leading up to the wedding. He answered all of my questions promptly and with confidence, and was the perfect professional to work with. I cannot say enough good things about David and Timacuan. Our wedding day was perfect from start to finish, and we enjoyed every second of it. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a wonderful wedding ceremony and dinner reception at Timacuan Country Club. David made sure that every detail was taken care of and the event was beautiful. We had many compliments regarding not only how spectacular the inside of the venue looked but how fantastic the food was. The staff was polite, attentive, and very friendly to all of our guests. I would highly recommend the venue to any couple looking to have a beautiful and memorable event.
Jen & Adam Hosier
Wedding: 12/30/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was the BEST, WONDERFUL and FUNNIEST person to work with from beginning to end. He is a perfectionist which I loved the most about him because It assured me that I was in good hands. He made this whole wedding process feel stressed free. I love him!! I had my moments of errors (like picking out the menu) lol we just laughed about it. He made me feel so comfortable.David made sure the reception went smoothly; even after I had my little meltdown he was able to calm me down by making me laugh and reassuring me that everything will come out right and It DID! And the place looked unbelievably Beautiful and Elegant! Without David and his team at Timacuan Country Club our wedding would not have been the amazing day it was. My husband and I are so greatful and we Highly recommend David to everyone!!! We love you!!!
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Jessica and Joel, I love you guys as well, I thank you for sharing both your families with our Timacuan Family. I truly felt honored to work with you and Joel. You are amazing, and your love story with Joel, and learning sign language to communicate with him is inspiring to anyone and everyone. Please stay in touch and I can't wait to see your gorgeous babies.
Wedding: 12/22/2013

Mary 2 Reviews
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Timacuan and David! My husband and I went to Timacuan after our reception site we booked advised they were shutting down. David immediately calmed my nerves and made sure I had everything I wanted and more when we had our first meeting with him! Leading upto the event, David made sure everything was in place and never hesitated to return a phone call or email! The day of our wedding, everything ran so smooth and at no time did I have to worry about anything! Our guests have raved about the service, food, and overall experience and many have stated it was one of the best receptions they have ever been to! My husband and I felt like royalty during the planning process because David makes each and every couple feel special, not like another number coming through the assembly line. Thank you to Timacuan, David and his staff for the amazing event and memories that we will share for the rest of our lives!
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Thank you Mary for the recommendation, It was my pleasure to work with both you and David on your wedding. You both are wonderful to work with, I wish both of you the greatest joy in your years together.
Wedding: 11/16/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Where do I start.......David DeAssis and his team at Timacuan Country Club provided an incredible experience for my daughter’s wedding from the very beginning of our interaction with them through the final moments of the wedding itself. David was so easy to work with and provided assurance throughout the process. He delivered what he promised and made the day so memorable by paying close attention to every detail. The venue, which has recently been renovated, was fantastic. The duo dinner plate was the perfect suggestion and was well received by our guests. David and his staff were also great in helping to prepare the site for the day of the wedding. We didn't have a coordinator or wedding planner and we didn't regret that decision one bit! David and the staff of Timacuan executed my daughter’s vision perfectly of where she wanted things placed and how she wanted things arranged. They went above and beyond our expectations in making the day as smooth as possible for us! Many thanks to David too for the care he took with making sure my husband, the bride’s father, who is in a wheelchair, was assisted whenever needed. David treated my husband with incredible respect and kindness. We didn’t want the evening to end!
Wedding: Recently Married

Ashley 3 Reviews
Timacuan Country Club is the perfect place to have a wedding! David, the event manager at Timacuan, has a lot of experience and will make sure your day goes as smoothly as possible. I would highly recommend Timacuan to any bride searching for the perfect venue. The room is beautiful, the food is fantastic, and we had tons of guests tell us our wedding was the best they had ever been to!
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Thank you for your nice comments, apparently your guests were very happy, I already had a new wedding book as a result of your event just a couple weeks ago. I wish you both the best of luck.
Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I absolutely cannot say enough wonderful things about Timacuan Golf and Country Club and the director of operations, David DeAssis!!
My daughter's wedding reception was so perfect. The food was fabulous, the service was wonderful and the facility is absolutely gorgeous! David worked with us for a year to help us plan the perfect event and did just that. He is so very knowledgable in event planning and so very organized! All we had to do was enjoy the evening...he took care of the rest! Thank you David for making our daughter's special day so memorable!
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Michelle, can you believe we are finally at this point, your only daughter married, the wedding over, and life getting back to normal. I hope your trip back to Alabama was safe. I had an amazing year working together to plan this event, fortunately your daughter works for a company we do lots of events with, so I will see her many times in the next year. Please keep in touch. Tell the family I said Hello.
Wedding: 11/02/2013
Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Courtney 4 Reviews
I got married only a few weeks ago in October and David made sure that the reception was flawless! Walking in to the room and seeing my vision come to life was amazing! David is extremely well organized and will always respond quickly whether by email or phone. He writes everything down and did everything in his power to accommodate my requests. I had no doubt that he would make sure everything was in place! The venue (recently renovated) was stunning, the food was delicious and everyone loved the views! Thank you for the most beautiful reception ever! I would definitely recommend this venue!
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Thank you Mrs. Hogg, I wish you and your husband many years of happiness. Did you see some of your wedding pictures I posted? Love your cake picture the best! God bless both of you and your families.
Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This is an amazing venue! The 2013 remodel is absolutely gorgeous! I definitely recommend checking it out in person because the pictures (although beautiful) do not do it any justice. The food was glorious! It was nothing like traditional dry banquet food. The chef is so talented and all the dishes were fresh and delicious. I truly enjoyed working with David (the operations manager). I can't say enough about how great he is to work with. He is extremely professional, helpful and caring (he also has killer suits). David knows everything there is to know about weddings. He is super organized and prepared for everything! I highly recommend this venue!

Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Danielle it was a true pleasure to host your wedding, you and your husband were an absolute pleasure to work with, and the fact you are both so adorable makes it even more special for all of us. I wish you and your husband the best of luck. Thank you so much for choosing Timacuan.
Wedding: 10/19/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Nicole 1 Reviews
Timacuan Country Club is an absolutely beautiful venue with amazing staff! From day one, David showed that he truly cared about making our wedding special...it wasn't just another event for him. He listened to what we wanted, was always available and was able to accomodate our desires and "special touches." He also used his expertise to provide us with recommendations, which was extremely helpful! During the event planning process, he made very detailed notes and updated our contract after every meeting to ensure what we discussed was captured in writing. On the day of our event, everything was as promised. The staff and service provided was exceptional, the venue was arranged and decorated as expected, and the food was just as amazing as it was during the tasting. Timacuan definitely pays attention to the details and follows through on their contract. If you are looking for a beautiful venue that is reasonably priced, has delicious food, and has exceptional staff who take the stress out of your wedding planning, then I would highly recommend Timacuan Country Club! You and your guests will not be disappointed!
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Nicole what an amazing pleasure it was for my staff and I, to share with your family, in your special day. Corey has certainly married into an amazing family, your mother, and father are so loving. You are so lucky to have such an amazing family, and Corey is very fortunate to have parents in his life now that you two are married. I wish you the best of luck, I miss not working with you. God bless your marriage.
Wedding: 05/26/2013

Kevin 1 Reviews
David was amazing His entire staff was great. Everyone loved the venue. I know of 2 other couples who booked with David after our wedding.

My wife and I will be hold all other special occasions with David.
Timacuan Country Club responded with the following comments:
Kevin I am proud to say our first meeting was for business, and now I can proudly call both you and your wife my friends. I am looking forward to hosting your babies baptisms!!!!!! Thank your for being such amazing clients and friends
Wedding: 05/11/2013
 407-321-0010
ext. 247
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire