Thompson House and Gardens

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.3

We loved the Thompson House! They were very affordable compared to many other places we looked at, and I loved that you could bring your own caterer, DJ, and alcohol. They removed a lot of the stress of wedding planning by taking care of all the flowers, decor, set up, and tear down- this was a huge plus. The staff were easy to work with and listened well to what we wanted. We had our ceremony on the front lawn and the gardens were beautiful. There was some road noise but it didn't interfere. We had the reception inside and loved the big open space where everyone can be together even if they're not dancing.
The gardens can be a bit limiting depending on what type of photos you want, but it's easy to get to a pretty open space down the road in either direction. The getting ready areas upstairs for bridesmaids and groomsmen is a bit tight, but we made it work with seven attendants each.
Overall we loved our experience with the Thompson House and would highly recommend them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

My husband and I got married at Thompson House and Gardens on June 13th. It was an absolutely amazing experience! Sheila was the most helpful day of coordinator and we had nothing to worry about the whole weekend since she had everything under control. The flowers were beautifully done through the venue as well! We loved having the wedding and reception on the same site and the flow was perfect from start to finish. We would recommend this site to all of our friends!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

we got married on May 2015. We had an Indian Fusion wedding with around 250 guests. It was absolutely amazing venue with such great character. This venue has many areas to take great photos. Our coordinator Sheila was very helpful and got everything lined up for our big day. This was their first Indian wedding and Sheila did everything to learn the customs and meanings of everything. She listened to what I wanted and made it come through. Sh

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married at the Thompson House and Gardens April 4th, 2015 and had the best experience! The entire team is professional and works so diligently to make sure everything is perfect and goes smoothly in the planning process and on the day of the wedding. The venue requires you to use the floral company Flowers by On because they are partnered with the Thompson House and Flowers by On did an incredible job with our flowers and we would not have wanted to use anyone else! The venue and gardens are gorgeous and worked well with our vintage theme. We have nothing but great things to say about the Thompson House and they helped make the start of our marriage even more memorable and special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Thompson House was the PERFECT place to have our wedding! Sheila was incredible and handled so many different parts of our day! I do not have a single bad thing to say about this group of people and the venue. All of my guests told us multiple times how gorgeous the venue was and how it could not have been any better!

1 person found this review helpful
1 Review
Recently Married

Thompson House and Gardens was wonderful! The staff was more than willing to work with us to make our big day be picture perfect--and with the way this venue looks, it is! Sheila was my coordinator and her number one priority was making sure the wedding went as planned and did it with a great attitude! I would definitely recommend this venue and Sheila as a coordinator.

Recently Married

My wedding was a fall wedding with roughly 150 guests with a country chic theme (though they have the capacity to accomidate many other styles and tastes). The table settings and decorations throughout the venue were spectacular. The Thompson House also did the flowers which were stunning. The Thompson House staff were phenominal. The house was everything I had dreamed and planned of with decorations. The gardens were fabulous. On the day of the wedding Sheila (coordinator) was above and beyond all expectations. She herded people where they needed to be, kept us to our schedules, and organized all of the vendors. My wedding day was perfect. I truely appreciate how awesome this venue was. Not only was everything gorous, but it was also affordable. Several other venues I looked at didn't provide half of ther services and were beyond my budget. I highly recommend the Thompson House.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Thompson House did a wonderful job in making our day the best we could have imagined! They provide the flowers and decorations and do an AMAZING job with them. From recommending other vendors that are the best quality at the best price to deciding on florals and decor to easing any concern you could possibly have, the entire staff go above and beyond to make sure your wedding day turns out beautifully! I wouldn't recommend any other venue!

hmcoleman2014
1+ year ago

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Thompson House! We hired Sheila as our wedding coordinator and it was one of the best decisions we made. On and Sheila run a beautiful venue that offers everything you could ask for in a wedding venue. They are extremely accommodating and flexible, and affordable. Our wedding day was perfect from beginning to end, and our friends and family can't stop talking about how beautiful the whole day was. We are so thankful that we ended up choosing the Thompson House as our wedding venue, and we haven't stopped reminiscing about our perfect wedding day.

05/24/2014

This venue is absolutely stunning. We fell in love with the size and uniqueness of the back and front yard. It gave guests so many places to explore and made everyone feel extremely welcome. The decorations and table set-ups were exactly as we asked for them. They are a flexible staff, yet extremely knowledgeable about their craft. We loved the room upstairs to take a minute to eat, gather our thoughts, and bustle my dress. We had roughly 100 guests and an 8 piece band and the dance floor allowed for plenty of room to dance and to sit and watch. The guests truly loved the location and we received a ton of praise. Finally, the Thompson House has so many garden shots with a variety of backgrounds for pictures.

1+ year ago

Our wedding at THG was perfect. The venue is beautiful (especially the outdoor patio at night). Our coordinator, Sheila, created our dream wedding by taking our ideas from pinterest and designing all the decorations and flowers based on our tastes. The week leading up to the wedding, she double checked every detail with our vendors to make sure everything would go smoothly. The day of the wedding, she kept everything on track and took care of each little detail so that we did not need to worry about anything. Overall, Sheila and On were wonderful to work with because they are flexible and professional. They also show a sincere interest in making your wedding the best day of your life.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love with Thompson House from the get go, so I was so pleased to find out that it was also a good price. They are very flexible and allow you to use your own vendors (besides floral) which is a great plus. On and Sheila did an excellent job making the space look absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend Thompson House to anyone in the Athens, Bogart, and Watkinsville area, and for anyone in the Atlanta area looking for something that is a much better deal than anything in that area. We could not have been more pleased with everything.

1+ year ago

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Thompson House. Everything was absolutely exceptional, and we loved every minute of it. On and Shela did a wonderful job with the flowers. They met with me a few months before to go over what I wanted for flowers and decorations. They had so many great suggestions and it all turned out more perfect than I imagined. Nothing at all went wrong during our wedding and we had guests complimenting the wedding for months after. You will not regret booking this venue, it is awesome!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at the Thompson House on October 19, 2013. My experience from start to finish was great. I did not have to worry about a thing. The staff at THG handles setting up, decorating and cleaning up at the venue. This was a huge help for my husband and I. One thing we did not want to ask our friends and family to do was to set up and clean up for our wedding. This made the experience much more memorable because I was able to focus on getting married and having a good time at our reception. Also I called and emailed several times to ask questions and clarify things and the THG staff was patient and answered all of my questions. Even down to two days before the ceremony I was beginning to feel the stress of the last minute things that go into a wedding and Shelia just told me not to worry about a thing and enjoy my day, this meant so much to me! They were great, I would definitely recommend THG to anyone getting married!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at THG on Saturday September 28th and it was the best day ever. Sheila and On were constantly checking in on me throughout the planning process and were sure they were accomodating my needs and wants. They were willing to meet with me at my convenience and go over any and all questions with no rush. All of the decorations were absoutely beautiful. Their attention to detail blew my mind. I/we could have asked for a better day. Brides would be crazy to have their wedding anywhere else!!!!!!! Thank you Sheila and On!!

4.2

Choosing the Thompson House was probably the best decision that we made for our wedding. Most of vendors came recommended by theme. The flowers that were done by On were very pretty. The gardens absolutely beautiful and so is the house for the reception.