Thompson House and Gardens

Thompson House and Gardens

Bride's Choice Award Winning Venue!

PO Box 445

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Thompson House was the PERFECT place to have our wedding! Sheila was incredible and handled so many different parts of our day! I do not have a single bad thing to say about this group of people and the venue. All of my guests told us multiple times how gorgeous the venue was and how it could not have been any better!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thompson House and Gardens was wonderful! The staff was more than willing to work with us to make our big day be picture perfect--and with the way this venue looks, it is! Sheila was my coordinator and her number one priority was making sure the wedding went as planned and did it with a great attitude! I would definitely recommend this venue and Sheila as a coordinator.

1 Review
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was a fall wedding with roughly 150 guests with a country chic theme (though they have the capacity to accomidate many other styles and tastes). The table settings and decorations throughout the venue were spectacular. The Thompson House also did the flowers which were stunning. The Thompson House staff were phenominal. The house was everything I had dreamed and planned of with decorations. The gardens were fabulous. On the day of the wedding Sheila (coordinator) was above and beyond all expectations. She herded people where they needed to be, kept us to our schedules, and organized all of the vendors. My wedding day was perfect. I truely appreciate how awesome this venue was. Not only was everything gorous, but it was also affordable. Several other venues I looked at didn't provide half of ther services and were beyond my budget. I highly recommend the Thompson House.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Thompson House! We hired Sheila as our wedding coordinator and it was one of the best decisions we made. On and Sheila run a beautiful venue that offers everything you could ask for in a wedding venue. They are extremely accommodating and flexible, and affordable. Our wedding day was perfect from beginning to end, and our friends and family can't stop talking about how beautiful the whole day was. We are so thankful that we ended up choosing the Thompson House as our wedding venue, and we haven't stopped reminiscing about our perfect wedding day.

hmcoleman2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue is absolutely stunning. We fell in love with the size and uniqueness of the back and front yard. It gave guests so many places to explore and made everyone feel extremely welcome. The decorations and table set-ups were exactly as we asked for them. They are a flexible staff, yet extremely knowledgeable about their craft. We loved the room upstairs to take a minute to eat, gather our thoughts, and bustle my dress. We had roughly 100 guests and an 8 piece band and the dance floor allowed for plenty of room to dance and to sit and watch. The guests truly loved the location and we received a ton of praise. Finally, the Thompson House has so many garden shots with a variety of backgrounds for pictures.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding at THG was perfect. The venue is beautiful (especially the outdoor patio at night). Our coordinator, Sheila, created our dream wedding by taking our ideas from pinterest and designing all the decorations and flowers based on our tastes. The week leading up to the wedding, she double checked every detail with our vendors to make sure everything would go smoothly. The day of the wedding, she kept everything on track and took care of each little detail so that we did not need to worry about anything. Overall, Sheila and On were wonderful to work with because they are flexible and professional. They also show a sincere interest in making your wedding the best day of your life.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We fell in love with Thompson House from the get go, so I was so pleased to find out that it was also a good price. They are very flexible and allow you to use your own vendors (besides floral) which is a great plus. On and Sheila did an excellent job making the space look absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend Thompson House to anyone in the Athens, Bogart, and Watkinsville area, and for anyone in the Atlanta area looking for something that is a much better deal than anything in that area. We could not have been more pleased with everything.

• Wedding: 12/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Thompson House. Everything was absolutely exceptional, and we loved every minute of it. On and Shela did a wonderful job with the flowers. They met with me a few months before to go over what I wanted for flowers and decorations. They had so many great suggestions and it all turned out more perfect than I imagined. Nothing at all went wrong during our wedding and we had guests complimenting the wedding for months after. You will not regret booking this venue, it is awesome!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding at the Thompson House on October 19, 2013. My experience from start to finish was great. I did not have to worry about a thing. The staff at THG handles setting up, decorating and cleaning up at the venue. This was a huge help for my husband and I. One thing we did not want to ask our friends and family to do was to set up and clean up for our wedding. This made the experience much more memorable because I was able to focus on getting married and having a good time at our reception. Also I called and emailed several times to ask questions and clarify things and the THG staff was patient and answered all of my questions. Even down to two days before the ceremony I was beginning to feel the stress of the last minute things that go into a wedding and Shelia just told me not to worry about a thing and enjoy my day, this meant so much to me! They were great, I would definitely recommend THG to anyone getting married!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at THG on Saturday September 28th and it was the best day ever. Sheila and On were constantly checking in on me throughout the planning process and were sure they were accomodating my needs and wants. They were willing to meet with me at my convenience and go over any and all questions with no rush. All of the decorations were absoutely beautiful. Their attention to detail blew my mind. I/we could have asked for a better day. Brides would be crazy to have their wedding anywhere else!!!!!!! Thank you Sheila and On!!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Choosing the Thompson House was probably the best decision that we made for our wedding. Most of vendors came recommended by theme. The flowers that were done by On were very pretty. The gardens absolutely beautiful and so is the house for the reception.

• Wedding: 09/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

THANK YOU THOMPSON HOUSE!!!! We are over the moon with how wonderful our big day was thanks to the gorgeous Thompson House & Gardens! Truly magical! On & Sheila were so helpful with every aspect of the wedding planning, especially helpful the day of! They were quick with emails and phone calls and always had excellent suggestions along the way.

The venue is absolutely gorgeous!! Our guests are still talking about it! The flowers exceeded my wildest expections! The grounds are fantastic and the house is amazing as well! We loved the decor, the dining set up, outside/inside lighting- everything! The location is perfect, plenty of parking, and plenty of room to get ready on the day of!

It was the best day of our lives and we owe it to the Thompson House! Ready to build my time machine so I can relive that day over and over! Highly recommend this place!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
Carly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very happy with our venue and the people who made it all happen. Thank yall so much!!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
Lucy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could re-do my wedding, I would still select Thompson House and Gardens as my preferred wedding venue. It was an absolutely spectacular venue with gorgeous details!!! I felt as if I not only have a venue and florist with Thompson House and Gardens, but as if I also had a wedding stylist! Every nook and cranny was designed and decorated to embrace my theme and colors. Thompson House and Gardens had WONDERFUL communication throughout the entire wedding process and were quick to answer any questions I may have. The flowers were spectacular and were the buzz of the wedding! I would like to thank Thompson House for the AMAZING roll they played in making my wedding so very beautiful and wonderful! I would highly recommend them for any future weddings!!!!!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As a child, I can remember going to my grandmother's house in Gainesville and driving by the Thompson House on our way there. I've always thought it was beautiful and dreamed of getting married there. When my fiancé and I got engaged, we looked at a few different venues, but ultimately the Thompson House won out. We got married on June 21st and I can honestly say that my wedding was even better than I had imagined. On Guest, the owner, is fabulous. Working with On and Sheila was easy and wonderful. I told them my ideas and they made something wonderful. The flowers on the day of were stunning. Even more importantly, though, was that everything was easy and stress-free. My main concern was that the day of would be enjoyable for me and my family. I highly recommend the Thompson House (as well as using Jessie with Wild Flower Events) for your wedding. We had such wonderful feedback from all of our wedding guests! My wedding day was perfect.

• Wedding: 06/21/2013
Kari
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love the Thompson House! I love On and Sheila. They are so helpful and really want your day to be perfect!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
770-725-6252
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards