The Wigwam

The Wigwam

Rediscover the past when you start your future at The Wigwam

300 East Wigwam Boulevard

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison!! You are the best!

I literally can not even count how many times I have emailed Allison over the last 11 months while planning our wedding. She always was very responsive and had answers. The day of the wedding she constantly was available. She kept our wedding organized and running smoothly

The quality of the food was perfect! Our guests absolutely loved the Mexican food buffet that the Wigwam provided. The banquet staff were attentive to our guests.

Overall, I would have to say our wedding was exactly what we wished for. Thank you so much Allison!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014

Hi Allison,

OMG! Dave and I can’t thank you enough for all the hard work you and your staff did to make our wedding day perfect!

It exceeded our expectations and we couldn’t be happier about the whole experience. It went so smoothly and it was so beautiful!!

We definitely impressed our guests too! :)

Everyone loved the resort, and couldn’t say enough great things about their experience at the resort and the wedding.

Everyone thought the entire event was well organized and they all loved the food!

Dave and I will definitely be back, we’re talking about making this our ‘staycation’ location every few months!

Thanks again Allison. We hope to stay in touch! Next time were out there we’ll stop and say hi!

Thanks,
Jodie and Dave

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Wigwam was a beautiful venue! Our ceremony was outside in the trellis garden and was soo pretty!! All of our out of town guests really enjoyed staying at the resort! it was alot of fun!

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Wigwam was not our fist choice if I'm being honest. We were originally going to have our wedding up North at a winery. But things fell thru and our wedding coordinator suggested The Wigwam since they hold a lot of weddings there and they had great things to say. I'm so happy we went with The Wigwam. The staff was great! We dealt with Allison and Wendy at The Wigwam with all of our coordinating and they were fantastic. The wedding went smoothly. The guests loved the property and it was so nice to dance the night away and know that guests could safely drink since a lot of them booked a room for the wedding night. The wait staff was impeccable! They made sure that my husband and I had drinks right away and made sure all the guests were taken care of. The food was so good for being plated. No one got a cold meal. I'm just so happy with the way our wedding turned out!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My hubby and I got married at the wigwam. It was absolutely beautiful. People are still telling us beautiful it was. Allison is the absolute best she was willing to work with us from start to finish. The honeymoon accommodations was fabulous.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Wigwam is an awesome place to get married! They have gorgeous grounds for pictures, which you can easily get to with a photo valet provided throughout your wedding day, the people and services are EXCELLENT, and the location is great!

We decided to use The Wigwam for our wedding in August because they offer indoor ceremony and reception locations, instead of the typical outdoor ceremony-indoor reception that is so common in Arizona (don't they want weddings in the summer?). Because it was the off season, we were able to get a great deal on the package and they offered an awesome room rate for our guests.

Allison did a great job communicating with us and coordinating the day-of activities! The wedding was fantastic and went off without a hitch, thanks to the great service provided. I would not have changed a single thing about it!!

Our guests were extremely impressed and happy with the accommodations and took advantage of the delicious food and fun atmosphere of the pool and bar.

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a small wedding reception at the Wigwam. I did have difficulty with getting tastings scheduled for the food with her and was able to taste the food until we had already put down our deposit. Then big suprise, the chicken and beef not good at the tasting, especially the sauces. So we requested another tasting with a different sauces focusing on only serving a chicken dish. It took a long time to get another one scheduled and made me quite uncomfortable because at this point we were very close to my wedding date and not able to change vendors. The second tasting was better we served chicken with a butter lemon sauce along with a veggie and mashed potatoes. The food turned out good at the reception. The Wigwam was very flexible with which room we choose to hold the reception. The day of the wedding Allison, and Maryann greeted me at the door when we arrived for the reception and immediately provided us with a much needed cold drink. Allison, Maryanne, and John were all attentive throughout the reception and assisted as needed. John was great during the recpetion making sure guests were taken care of and that the wine did not run dry. The Wigwam staff was also good about working with our other vendors. John and the staff helped pack up the extras at the end of the reception and box up the decorations and flowers for us. Maryann, who manages the banquets was awesome! She gave me some great ideas for decorating and even provided us with a some of her own decorations to use. She helped decorate the room and in the end it turned out beautiful! She made a candy and picture table up for us which was awesomel! We provided bulk candy and then she put it in dishes and provided little boxes for the guests to use. She is very talented and was a joy to work with. I was not very happy with the lady we had to use for our cake through the Wigwam. The cake was small and filling minimal.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was amazing, and I don't think it would be as great as it was if it weren't for Allison and The whole Wigwam staff. We were absolutely stunned with the care they took to make sure everything flowed and went perfectly. The food was delicious and all of our guests were happy and content. We are still getting compliments on the ceremony and reception. If you are looking for a great place to get married, this is the place to go.

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was at the wigwam resort on March 9th 2013, Allison was wonderful she made sure my day was perfect. She took care of all the little details i forgot about. i Loved everything, Everyone kept telling me how elegant everything looked. I was worried that the food was not going to be any good but i was plesently surprised that it was SOOOOO good. I still have people commenting on everything. It was a perfect day.

• Wedding: 03/09/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I married my 8th grade sweetheart after 39 years. We are so glad we selected the Wigwam. Our wedding coordinator, the wait staff and everyone involved were top notch and professional and made our day magical.

• Wedding: 01/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter's wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were at the The Wigwam. I have only wonderful things to say about Carrie and the catering staff at the Wigwam Resort. She is incredible and takes care of everything imaginable quickly and effeciently. The food was great and given what was included, the cost was more than reasonable. And the setting couldn't have been any better.
Many of our guests were from the East coast and therefore stayed at the resort, as well. They all raved about the service and wanted to take the mattresses and pillows home with them.
But again, by far, Carrie and her staff work the magic and make using this venue a pleasure!

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything turned out so great. It was very well put together. That is the one thing I couldn't imagine when I was planning... just how everything was going to look and come together because I only had pieces of everything.
The food was fantastic and all of the staff was on top of everything, making sure all our needs were met. When I needed something I didn't have to go searching for someone to take care of it for me, there was always someone there and taking care of our needs immediately.
I appreciate everyone who helped on our day. Thank you!

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
2.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We used the Wigwam as our wedding night hotel. Since we got married in the west valley we wanted to stay at a resort that was fairly close to our location. We have heard great reviews about the Wigwam in Litchfield Park; unfortunately, we did not have the same experience. When my husband arrived to check in earlier in the day the concierge yelled at him and the manager came over and reprimanded him then pulled him from his station right in front of my husband. A little unprofessional, but whatever. As a consolation they said they would send a bucket of beer up for the groomsmen to enjoy, which was great, but it did not arrive for an hour and a half which was just as everyone was leaving for the wedding. It was still a nice gesture. We opted to not get a suite since we would not be arriving until late and would be leaving in the morning. The rooms were extremely stark- only two small pictures on the wall, and there were no lights when you walked in so we were fumbling around in the dark that night trying to turn a light on. One of the lights was also broken by the bedside. The pool area is beautiful and we had a great balcony view of it from our room. Our biggest annoyance was housekeeping knocking on the door at 8am the next morning to ask us what time we were checking out…. I can honestly say that has never happened to me at any hotel before. We were tired and my husband was very irritated that they woke us up to ask us this. He spoke to someone downstairs when we checked out about it and were told that a manager would call that week to discuss the situation, but we never received a call. We has such high hopes for this hotel based on the beautiful grounds but the customer service and room amenities could definitely use some work.

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I was so excited to book my wedding at The Wigwam due to it being one of the oldest resorts in Phoenix. I love the classic feel of it. I wanted an Old Hollywood feel so The Wigwam was perfect. Everything went fine for the most part. About 1.5 weeks prior to the wedding Carrie sent us the room setup and unbeknown to me, the ballroom had been changed to a smaller, less desirable room. Also, the location for the cocktail hour had been changed. When I went with my family to check out the new area, we found that it was going to be in a spot where they had just removed 3 palm trees and had covered the holes with big, carpet covered squares of plywood. Upon checking out the trellis garden, we found that the vines were being held up by white twine (against a brown trellis) and that the grass was going to be over seeded for Fall so it was cut way down to allow for the Summer grass to die off. Nothing bad enough to ruin the day, just a lot of little annoyances to stress out an already anxious bride.
Our room block was never solidified so that made us freak out a bit as well. I wished our guests could have gotten their rooms at a bit of a deeper discount, as $245 seems a bit steep but we understood that it was right on the crest of the busy time so rates go up.
We did not like the pastry chef's cakes at all. The chocolate tasted like coffee grounds, the vanilla was too dry, and the spice cake was crumbly. We decided to go with Frosted Art Inc, which is an accepted vendor through Thee Wedding Warehouse.
The bridal suite was awesome and our suite the night of the wedding was gorgeous!
All in all our wedding was a success and all our guests claim to have had a wonderful time. The food was delicious and the resort is beautiful.

• Wedding: 10/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Carrie Pulos at the Wigwam. She was so pleasant to work with and VERY helpful. We absolutely loved everything about the Wigwam. A majority of our guests wound up staying at the resort the night of the wedding and LOVED it.

The food was to die for! So many people told us it was the best steak they had ever had and I think it was just a flank steak. Soooo good!!

We got married in the terrace area and it was absolutely beautiful. Highly recommend this venue.

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at The Wigwam was FANTASTIC, not only for the wedding reception but for the entire weekend. I highly recommend The Wigwam Resort for weddings.

• Wedding: 05/28/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
623-856-1087
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7