The Roy Murray Music Studio

(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy Murray was amazing to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone planning a wedding in or around OBX. Although I live in Ohio, Roy made time to meet with me for over an hour when I made a trip down to Nags Head to see friends. He helped me to create the scene that I had dreamed of for the ceremony and was able to play multiple specific songs I requested for the introduction of my Husband and I's parents and bridal party. Roy played an awesome rendition of "I've just seen a face" by the Beatles and slowed the music down so it sounded beautiful and romantic. For the bridal party, he played Van Morrison "Into the Mystic" and my husband and I walked out to "All you need is love" by the Beatles. My friends and family are still raving about how amazing the music was and how it truly captured the moment that my husband I will cherish for the rest of our lives. In addition, Roy set me up with a jazz band that played during our cocktail hour which was also beautiful. Lastly, I asked Roy if he could help me with coordinating one of my bridesmaids to sing "I will" by the Beatles on the beach. He had no problem with it and contacted her directly. He also set up an individual practice session with her prior to the ceremony. It was beyond perfect. Roy took care of bringing microphones and made sure all of the acoustics on the beach were clear and carried well so all could hear.

In essence, Roy Murray in my opinion, is the absolute perfect person to choose for your special day. He is responsive with all calls, has a great personality, is hilarious, and has a history of playing music with some of the greatest bands of all time (if you are a 70's rock buff -- Roy is your man). There was no task that Roy found insurmountable and I know that Roy spent a lot of time to ensure that my wedding was perfect and exactly what I dreamed it would be. Five Stars doesn't even do Roy justice.

Highly Recommend!!!

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy did brilliant job at our wedding at Elizabethan Gardens.He was a pleasure to work with and made it stress free event.Would definitely recommend.

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy was fantastic!! We had a lot of fun at his studio going over the arrangements for the ceremony and were very pleased with his suggestions. Roy also arranged guitar and accordion players for the cocktail hour following the wedding.
The ceremony music was beautiful and Roy was the best. Many guests commented on how lovely it was.
Hands down without a doubt the most beautiful moments came as Roy on trumpet played "Here Comes The Bride". It took my breath away and I still tear up every time I replay the scene in my mind.
For future brides, make this choice and you will be very pleased that you did!!
Tiffany (bride) and Frances (mother) Fitzgerald

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy was so much fun to work with and he had some great suggestions when we met in his studio. He promised that Stacey would be a perfect violinist for our wedding and she did not disappoint! We all truly enjoyed her music for our Sound front wedding ceremony.

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Roy's energy and enthusiasm a pleasure to deal with and both myself and my wife very happy with the experience.

The music for our small wedding was just perfect and Roy and Joe very professional.

They made an already perfect wedding even better.

Thanks guys

• Wedding: 09/04/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy and Stacey was absolutely perfect for our wedding day! I met Roy briefly, he's the sweetest and nicest guy! We talked multiple times (do not e-mail him as easy as it is for us, he's hilarious over the phone, so worth it) and he played everything for me over the phone since I was not coming down before the wedding. He was so easy to work with, and they did an amazing job at our ceremony!

• Wedding: 07/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy was a delight to work with. Although we did not meet until after the ceremony we spoke several times on the phone and Roy was so helpful. He made suggestions for music and was just so enthusiastic.

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy Murray was on time and very professional! The duo played beautifully and made my ceremony perfect!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy is an exceptional musician, who takes great pride in his professionalism. My daughter was the bride and being MOB, I searched for the perfect music on the beach for her wedding day. Roy provided exactly what my daughter wanted. He invited my daughter and myself to come to his home in Kitty Hawk to discuss the music selections, of which he played each so we could get a handle on his "sound." The combination of the trio was perfect. The Wedding was perfect with the music being easily heard among the ocean waves in the background!! I HIGHLY recommend Roy Murray Music!!!!. Thank you ROY!!

1 Review
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Roy Murray Music Studio was awesome in providing music for our Beach Wedding!!! Trumpet, violin and cello!!! We were delighted to have music on the beach for the Wedding! Especially with the trumpet as her Dad walked her to the Groom!!! Very professional and would use Roy Murray's
services again!!!! Thanks Roy!!!!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Patricia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy was great, going out of his way from the moment we first spoke with him. He's funny and interesting, and you can tell that he is incredibly passionate about music. We had a specific sound we were looking for, and Roy played for us both over the phone and in person. He has great suggestions and can accommodate you if your ideas are specific, or help you figure it out if you don't know exactly what you want. We were 100% decided on one song, but Roy made an "out of the box" suggestion, played it for us, and it was awesome. He knocked it out of the park. He played with two other musicians at the ceremony, and also connected us with a guitarist who played the cocktail hour. Thanks Roy and crew, it was beautiful.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Roy was so much fun to work with! I got married at the Sanderling Resort so he had great recommendations for what instrument would play well being by the beach. At our consultation he played a variety of songs to choose from and made it very easy for me to decide what I wanted. Loved hearing all the music options!!! The violin and flute played mostly, but when I came out I went old school with "Here comes the bride" played by a trumpet. So great!!! Highly recommend Roy to anyone, such a pleasure to work with!

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Roy was an absolutely wonderful experience. He was personable, funny, and reliable. Roy invited my husband and I come to his studio to hear different music samples and helped us choose from them. He called to check on how the wedding was going, and asked if there was anything he could do for us. The violin/cello duet we had at our ceremony was perfect, they arrived early (no stress!), and got right to it. Roy personally came by before the ceremony to make sure everything was set up and to say hello :-) 5+ stars for Roy!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roy was extremely helpful in helping me choose the ceremony music. The violinist came on time and soundly lovely. A go to for sure!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Being a musician myself, I've never seen value in telling someone else how to do their job if you know nothing about it. So for my wedding I left all the creativity to my vendors (flowers, cake, menu, etc) and my wedding could not have been more perfect. Roy Murray was no exception. Even though I'm a fellow musician, I got out of the way and allowed Roy to select all the music for the prelude, postlude and ceremony. What he selected was perfect for us and the venue. His years of experience and accommodating nature was apparent when the weather turned on us.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Roy Murray is a very nice man and he played very well for our wedding. He used to play the trumpet for Santana, back in the day. He will take you into his home and play for you any song. He knows a great selection of christian music. I asked him if he knew Be Thou My Vision on the phone, and he sat there and played the song from memory. He played the trumpet and flute. Beth LaMountain played the Cello. Stacey Walter played the Violin during the ceremony, which was outdoors on a windy day. You want to have a trumpet if you are doing an outdoor wedding, so you can hear it well. I recommend Mr. Murray, who plays very well. The ceremony music was wonderful. We won't forget Roy's music. He played Rondeau by Mouret and Spring I by Vivaldi. We also had the guitarist play for the cocktail hour, and he was really good! Of course, the music would sound better if it was indoors, but that is not Roy's fault. We didn't use microphones and we only had 40 guests. Everyone heard the music and enjoyed it!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013