The Pennsylvania Bakery

The Pennsylvania Bakery

1713 Market Street
Camp Hill, PA 17011 | map
Desserts: Cheese, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Fruit, Gr...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free

• Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We decided to go with Pennsylvania Bakery for our wedding cake because we heard wonderful things about their cakes. The cupcakes and cake we selected were delicious and everything came out perfect just like I had requested! My only negative comment about Pennsylvania Bakery was the lack of the staffs communication. I must have had multiple people dealing with my order and I was consistently having to check to make sure things were being done communicated and they weren't. I had multiple phone calls from different employees all asking me the same questions about my orders.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Kelley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

PA Bakery did both my wedding cake and a groom's cake for my fiance for our rehearsal dinner. It should be noted that another local bakery backed out of making our groom's cake last minute (The Monday before!) and PA Bakery stepped right up and made it--no problem at all. Not only is PA Bakery delicious, but they worked around my gluten allergy for both our testing and our reception. They are amazing and so helpful at every step of the process. Everyone kept saying how delicious our cake tasted and I LOVED how the final product turned out. I would highly recommend!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutely loved my wedding cake. Guests told me it was the best cake they had ever eaten. They have so many different options and styles available and deliver right to the venue.

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We ordered a small cake and cupcakes for our wedding and could not have been more happy! Everything was delicious! The cakes were moist and delicious! My guests wanted seconds! Luckily we ordered too many and now have cupcakes for days! Even frozen they still taste amazing!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
mrs b
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake was PERFECT. I wanted a cake that was a little different than your average wedding cake and the made it look EXACTLY how I wanted it! They made the initial tasting super fun and when it was all said and done on my wedding day, it was DELICIOUS. Guests were raving about our cake.

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely LOVED our Cake. It as everything we could have imagined. All our guest loved the Strawberry flavor. Easy to deal with and lots of options to choose from.

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The most delicious cake! Compliments from all guests!!! So moist and beautiful!! Thank you - Mr. and Mrs. Hippensteel

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Pennsylvania bakery did a great job with my cake! They were very easy to work with and listened to what I wanted. They gave me a beautiful and delicious cake! Everyone at my wedding wanted more!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Suzana
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Looked great and tasted great!! They were on time delivering to our venue as well. we found a pic online of what we wanted our wedding cake to look like and they did it exactly like it!! Very pleased!!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I grew up going to this bakery, and all of my birthday cakes came from here. I was very excited to wok with them on my wedding cake, but I realized very quickly that this vendor would not work for us. I scheduled our tasting a month in advance and paid the $20 fee over the phone when I booked the tasting. Imagine our surprise when we showed up for the tasting and they had no record of our appointment. However, my credit card was charged the $20 fee weeks earlier. The manager never apologized to us. The staff went around the bakery pulling slices of various flavors we requested, and just plopped them down in front of us. Many were still partially frozen. We were left alone to look at sample books, and when the girl returned after we tasted the flavored that we're available, she immediately said "so what cake do you want to order?" We were shocked to learn about all the extra fees charged for every little thing. By the time she priced out everything we wanted, it ended up being hundreds of dollars over the boutique wedding cake place that we also tried. I think the icing on the cake (pun intended) was that they were changing out their window displays that day. As a result, the tasting area was covered in garbage cans, decorations, and older dusty displays. They pushed everything off of one table so we could sit down, but one of their staff members kept asking my mom to hand him stuff behind her chair. We were surprised by how we were treated as long-time customers, so unfortunately we had to go with another vendor. It's a shame. I think we'll be back for day-to-day bakery needs, but I won't trust them with something as important as a wedding cake.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had wedding pie, instead of a wedding cake. Guests loved the uniqueness of it, plus I was able to offer a variety of pies instead of just one or two different layers cake, so everyone had something they liked. The pies were delicious and in comparison to a cake quite affordable. PA Bakery made the process so easy. I went in for a tasting, selected different pies, and order them and the delivery of them all on my lunch break. It was probably the easiest element to plan for the whole wedding-- which as a busy bride I really appreciated. I can't say enough good things about PA Bakery-- and neither could my guests!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Pennsylvania Bakery was great at fulfilling my vision of our wedding cake. Having wanted cheesecake bites, with a smaller cake for us to cut, I wasn’t sure how it would all come together. The Pennsylvania Bakery is affordable, good with communication, and open minded in accommodating their customers. They thought of every detail, down to the trays the bites would be presented on. The end product was GORGEOUS and tasted delicious. Overall, it’s hard to stop in there and not find something delicious, glad to see their wedding cake is no exception! :) Special thanks to Julia and the manager for working with us. Well done, PA Bakery!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

I went to PA Bakery for my wedding cake. I knew exactly what I wanted on the cake and how I wanted it to look. I took pictures in to show them (some were even off their webiste). The day of my wedding came and the cake showed up without flowers!! I was suppose to have a ton of pink flowers all over the cake and there wasnt even one. The center tier was not in the diamond shape like I had asked for and showed a picture of.

We had to called them to fix it. The only thing they did was put a few little flowers on the cake and they werent even the right color!! Their only saving grace is that the cake tasted great, however I do NOT recommend using them.

I called in to talk to Pam (the so called manager) who was very rude with me and told me it was my fault. Yeah you are right, its my fault I thought my cake would look the way I asked and its my fault for picking a bakery that I thought was good. Never again!!

4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful but pricey. Cake tasted great. Very pleasent wedding coordinator and staff

• Flexibility: 5.0

My favorite part of the wedding planning: the cake tasting at the Pennsylvania Bakery. It was nearly impossible to select a flavor because EVERYTHING was amazing. I ended up choosing a peanut butter based cake, and even guests at the wedding that did not like peanut butter loved this cake.

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We ordered a small, two tier, wedding cake. It was a very simply cake. We had a smooth fondant over the icing, a ribbon wrapped around the bottom of both tiers, and simple piping in front of both ribbons. The rest of the decoration was fresh flowers.

My husband told them he would be there at 6am the day of to pick up the cake. When he arrived, the cake was ready, but none of the piping was done. When we ordered the cake, we had given them a picture that they could recreate from. He said they had the picture there, and it was written in the contract to have the piping. We're not sure what happened, but it was somehow overlooked. Luckily, we were there so early that there was time to add it.

The bakery didn't have any of there really good decorators there, so they offered to correct the problem and deliver the cake to the church. They arrived on time, and the cake was how we ordered it.

I have ordered from PA Bakery a lot of times, and this was the first time we had any issues. They remedied the mistake, and it tasted great!

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
717-763-7755
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards