The Franklin Institute

Value
Flexibility
Megan
04/11/2015

My husband and I were married at the Franklin Institute in April 2015. From the moment we walked in for our initial visit until the moment we stepped out of Franklin Hall as husband and wife our experience was perfect. This venue and it's amazing team makes sure every detail is taken care of and assures that the bride and groom (as well as their families) have nothing to worry about but having fun and celebrating the day.

We held our ceremony in Fels Planetarium which provided and amazing and unique location to say our vows. I will recommend to future couples that bringing in additional lighting was key to making the planetarium perfect. Our florist was able to bring in some spot lights and it made all the difference in the world. The projections on the ceiling still came through but our family and friends could see our faces while we said I do.

If you're looking for a gorgeous, show-stopping venue for your wedding, The Franklin Institute is that place for you. Obviously my husband and I thought our wedding was the "Best Wedding Ever" but when our guests told us they felt the same way...I actually believed them!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was EXCEPTIONAL!!! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. They were very accommodating to where we wanted pictures and the cocktail hour. It was beautiful and everyone keeps talking about it.

Recently Married

I had my sights set on the Franklin Institute before we even got engaged and it did not disappoint. It was the perfect setting for a unique downtown wedding. Our guests loved it. Perfection

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Recently Married

We are so glad that we chose the Franklin Institute as our wedding venue. It provided such a unique and magical experience for us and our guests! We got married in the planetarium, had cocktail hour through the exhibits, and had dinner and dancing in Franklin Hall. All of the staff is absolutely wonderful and the venue is so beautiful!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As an excessively nerdy couple, my then-fiance-now-husband and I couldn't have asked for a better spot for our wedding and reception than The Franklin Institute. Gina DeGiovanni and her event management team were a pleasure to work with -- responsive, creative and helpful, in coordination with our magical wedding planner (Katie/DFW Planning), they orchestrated our traditional Indian wedding (starting with a Baraat up the Pendulum Staircase with a drummer providing the soundtrack) with grace and ease. With a cocktail hour in the Changing Earth, Electricity and Human Body exhibits and a gorgeously elegant reception at the foot of Ben Franklin himself, every single one of our guests enjoyed the day!

2 people found this review helpful

We just had our wedding at The Franklin Institute and wanted to post about how wonderful it was! The museum is a gorgeous and unique place to get married - the architecture is amazing and you're able to mix the classic columns of Franklin Hall and the steps outside with the unique and cool aspects of the planetarium and exhibits. The lighting package is also fantastic. Gina DeGiovanni, who we worked with, was one of our favorite vendors of the whole process - kind and calm and so nice and flexible! If you want a memorable and unique venue, TFI it is!

1+ year ago

We had our reception at The Franklin Institute (the ceremony was actually held in a nearby catholic church) and it was absolutely beautiful! When we first were deciding on where to have our reception, we stopped by the Franklin unannounced during one of our trips back east. The coordinator at that time happily came down and showed us around the rooms where the cocktail hour and reception would be held. He had all of the information at his fingertips (an iPad) so we had pictures and information available during the tour even though it was an unannounced visit! As time progressed, the coordinator ended up changing but she was just as helpful and responsive as the first!

For us, the cocktail hour was held in three side rooms where our guests played with the activities while enjoying a cocktail. The actual reception was held in the main foyer with the statue of Ben Franklin watching over us. We opted for the lighting package so we could change the lighting on the dome, windows, columns and walls throughout the event and we even had a powerpoint with pictures of our loved ones playing! My (now) husband and I, as well as all of our guests, loved the venue :) Oh and another benefit was that this venue came with the caterer so (for those planning a wedding from across the country like we did) we didn't have to go through the process of finding a caterer.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the Franklin and Frog Commissary for our annual Holiday party. It was both an elegant and fun evening. I was overwhelmed with the positive feedback we received about the service, the venue, the staff and the food. The Titanic exhibit is a must see! My personal experience arranging the event was that catering and guest services was responsive, helpful and a joy to work with. I can't wait to have our next event there!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

unique venue location, recommend the rooftop...this is a must have!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was just spectacular and breathtaking. Everyone on staff was awesome especially Gina. We will never forget our evening there.

Jeffrey
06/22/2012

The rooms were all set up extremely well & everyone was very kind/helpful. So many guests came up to us raving about how great our venue was that night!

Recently Married

The Franklin Institute was absolutely beautiful and was extremely fun - everyone keeps commenting on how it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to. The staff was extremely helpful and it was the perfect evening. The main issue is with time - you can't have the wedding until the museum closes and while they do allow you to enter earlier in the day to get ready, you're still limited in how far beforehand you're allowed to get there so we were rushing to get ready and get photos done beforehand. It was definitely a beautiful, fun, memorable wedding though and would do it again in a heart beat.

Cindy
06/14/2014

Food was excellent and beautifully displayed.

4.7

From the official first Franklins ever to be married at the Franklin Institute.!!Completely Pleased. Wonderful Venue. Exceptional Service. I could not be happier working with Mike Boris, Connie and staff and especially Gina DeGiovanni, our event organizer! They made everything go smoothly, they performed above and beyond their stations. Thank you to all for making our wedding memorable. And also for helping us with transportation issues before and after our wedding. The food was abundant and delicious! The wait staff was prompt and courteous! The bar tenders were awesome! Thank you all!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Amazing venue, especially with the lighting package! Very responsive and professional staff. It really doesn't get any better than this for a reception site.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding in the planetarium and the reception in the room with the big statue of Ben Franklin