The Francis Marion

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

I had to put together a small wedding for my daughter in 4 weeks over the Christmas holiday season. The entire hotel staff was very accommodating to our needs before, during and after the event; attention to every detail was excellent. Customer service was beyond outstanding from every employee you encountered. I would highly recommend the Francis Marion Hotel for any wedding or event.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding at the Francis Marion in November 2014. We loved the classic Charleston feel of the Colonial Ballroom. The staff was always helpful and patient with us as we changed our minds about the menu every other day. I was a little nervous at first since we had to use the in-house caterer but we were blown away by the tasting! The food was beyond delicious and everyone raved about it after the reception.

We would highly recommend the Francis Marion!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gillian Crum and the staff at the Francis Marion Hotel were exceptional to work with throughout the wedding planning process. My husband and I hosted our wedding reception in the beautiful Gold Ballroom. Our reception went perfectly thanks to Gillian Crum's professionalism, responsiveness, organization skills and attention to detail. We were truly impressed by the service provided not only by Gillian and her event planning staff but by the hotel staff as well (front desk, bellmen, Swamp Fox waiters, etc.) who treated our guests like VIPs from the moment they arrived. I cannot thank Gillian enough for making us feel so at ease on our big day. She deserves to be recognized as someone in the service industry that truly goes above and beyond for her customers. All our expectations were exceeded!

For the brides-to-be reading reviews on venues in Charleston, I highly recommend considering one of the ballrooms at the Francis Marion Hotel for your wedding ceremony and/or reception!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Truly, I could not have dreamed of a better venue for my wedding. The wedding coordinator and hotel staff made sure every detail exceeded expectation. The grand hotel was built in the 20s, and the historic atmosphere, in the heart of downtown, gave our guests a true Charleston experience. Everyone loved the shrimp and grits, which are award-winning. We danced all night in the ballroom, and had a special farewell brunch the next morning in (another) beautiful ballroom. If I could do it again, I would pick this hotel every time.

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Private User
Recently Married

The caring and professional performance was second to none! I enjoyed every minute of the planning and preparation, and was always given immediate responses to my often silly questions and concerns. The wedding reception went perfectly and I could not have asked for better organization and service! The catering staff was flawless! Caroline Bean is a wonderful event planner and coordinator.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Kevin
03/21/2014

The Francis Marion was so easy to work with. While planning my daughters wedding, my husband made so many changes. No matter how many changes were made, Caroline Bean with The Francis Marion Hotel was always happy to assist us and offered ideas along the way. Also, all of my venders that I used in my daughters wedding, said no matter what day of the week it is, you can walk into the hotel at any time and everyone is always in a good mood and very friendly. They all love working with The Francis Marion Hotel.

Douglas
03/21/2014

Mrs. Caroline Bean was outstanding from the beginning of our search for a venue to several days after the wedding reception. She was right there at all times to answer any question, provide guidance and work with us on expenses. We were very fortunate to have Caroline be a part of our reception plans. The Francis Marion's ballroom was beautiful and our guests enjoyed themselves. The food was outstanding, the bars were tended by very courteous and friendly tenders and the wait staff helped to keep everything clean and in order. Our daughter's wedding reception was above expectations.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Francis Marion Hotel is the BEST hotel to have your wedding reception at. I worked with Caroline Bean in catering services and she was beyond FANTASTIC. Caroline made the entire process so easy. From being prompt to answer emails and make updates to our event, we were able to put together an amazing reception. The hotel front desk staff was wonderful as well. They made sure that all of the guest who booked rooms in our block were well taken care of as well. The Francis Marion worked extremely well with all the vendors that I hired for my reception (photographer, DJ, bakery, Chaircovers)

Lynn
12/14/2013

Everyone at the Francis Marion was so very helpful and kind. All went that extra mile to help with all requests. Great people to work with. Everyone was so professional. Caroline Bean was very responsive, organized, helpful, considerate and a joy to work with. I felt very confident that everything would be taken care of as planned. And was not disappointed. Beautiful venue, and wonderful staff!

Pazley
12/13/2013

Everything was perfect! Caroline was so accommodating and helpful. My wedding turned out just how I imagined it would. Thanks so much.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Cara
12/08/2013

Everything was amazing! The food, decor, staff, and the hotel were superb. I cannot say enough good things about the service my family and I received. I would recommend the Francis Marion to anyone. Affordable and extremely customer satisfaction oriented!

Genevieve
11/23/2013

Was super impressed- thank you Caroline for making our night perfect!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Matthew
11/09/2013

My wife, Tracy, and I used Caroline's services for our wedding reception. Caroline was incredible. She remained in constant contact with us during the eight months of planning. Since my wife and I did not live in Charleston, coordinating decorations for the reception was a challenge. Caroline easily conquered the logistical challenge, accepted early delivery of decorations, stored the decorations in her personal work space, developed and emailed floor diagrams to demonstrate the layout, and assisted with the schedule on the day of the reception. Caroline went above and beyond the standard to ensure a memorable wedding reception for our 150 guests.

Meghan
10/26/2013

I would recommend the Francis Marion for any wedding in Charleston. Caroline and her staff were so professional! She coordinated everything with all my other vendors and the day ran so smoothly. It was the little details that really stood out...making sure my husband and I had something to eat, ensuring that the DJ knew the timing of every event, securing our suite after the reception. Caroline and staff, than you for EVERYTHING!

Colleen
10/19/2013

The entire staff could not have been more amazing!! They were all so friendly, attentive, professional, and put all of my day-of stresses at ease! Can't say enough wonderful things about Caroline Bean! She was absolutely incredible to work with! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone wanting a beautiful, classic Charleston wedding! Food was delicious, rooms were beautiful, and the ballroom was gorgeous!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Caroline Bean was extremely helpful throughout the planning process. She helped to make our wedding flawless!