The Cake Guru Tamara's

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
1.9

I have Celiac Disease so we went with Tamara's so we could have a gluten free wedding cake. Went into the shop and sat down with one of the workers. Discussed that we needed 100 servings, gluten free, handed Tamara our swatches for our floral colors and that our wedding was in Winneconne. By the time we left there we had everything picked out except for flavors and floral design. We had exact serving number (100), frosting type, cake style and it to be Gluten Free. Was told by Tamara herself that the floral design would be free/included in the price of the cake. I paid our $100 deposit and left with our contract in hand and quoted at a price of $275. Emailed to find out when would be a good time to bring in my final payment and to drop off my cake topper. I was told "any time we are open". Went to the shop and informed the lady behind the counter that I was there to make the final payment for our wedding cake. I handed her the $175, cake topper and my copy of the contract, Which she read in front me of. She gave me back my contract and the receipt. In the meantime 2 weeks go by I email to set up a delivery time for our cake to be delivered. I receive and email back saying that there is still a balance on the wedding cake. Tamara then called me herself. She had said that I never gave an exact number of servings, never said it was to be gluten free, due to the frosting we chose the floral decoration was no longer free/included and I wasn't charged for delivery. All of which were discussed at our first initial visit with her specifically. So I was charged another $75. At this point my $275 is not refundable. so here I am stuck paying another $75 dollars. I'm really frustrated at this point because I know 110% that this was all discussed and when I made my final payment this $75 was never mentioned. When cake was delivered there were finger prints deep into the cake and the flowers were wrong and falling off. I will never purchase another cake from there.

Recently Married

Working with Tamara was awesome! I've always been a fan of her cupcakes so it was a given who we would chose to do our wedding cake! We showed a picture of the what we wanted the cake to look like and she did an awesome job at replicating it! We also had 8 different flavored cupcakes and everyone, including us, loved them! Very talented and great to work with!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am so glad we went with Tamara's cupcakes! We originally wanted small cakes on each table, but we soon realized that was not going to be a cost efficient option. Tamara offered us cupcakes for the same price per person as a slice of wedding cake at other places (1"x1.5"). We went to go try out the cupcakes, and we were stunned. You are able to try 3 cupcake flavors, but the cupcakes are so big my husband and I were only able to make it through 2. Then, we were given a list of about 300 different flavors to pick from. Tamara definitely has any flavor you can dream up. I never actually got to meet Tamara, but here assistant was so helpful every single time we went it. We got exactly what we wanted, and our guests could not stop talking about how much they loved the cupcakes. I agree with a few other posts that Tamara does not always return e-mails immediately, but if I ever needed something done right away, I would just call and it would be taken care of within the hour so I did not find that to be a problem. The only thing to be aware of is that you need to return the cleaned cake/cupcake stands within a few days, but the store is closed on Mondays, which it when I would consider to be the best time to return supplies. This may not be an issue if you live nearby, but my husband and I lived pretty far away, so that was really the only trouble we ran into. The cupcakes and cake were totally worth everything we spent on them, and my guests couldn't get enough! We didn't have almost any to take home, because our guests all took extra home with them.

Recently Married

We ordered cupcakes for our wedding through Tamara's. They were absolutely delicious and everyone loved them. Tamara's was super easy to work with. They offered deals if you went in during one of their cake tastings.

2.6

We got our wedding cake and a groom's cake from Tamara's. I will start with the good....we loved the way our cakes looked and people said it tasted good too. She does a great job on the "art" part of it and once I saw both cakes I didn't regret booking with her anymore. However, the process leading up to the wedding was a headache. I was nervous that the cakes would not be right because there was an extreme lack of professionalism from the employees here, most of which I won't even mention here because I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Tamara met with us to go over the design for our wedding cake, but when it came to the groom's cake, she said that she "prefers to let her staff handle that." While that might have been fine, I did meet with 2 different girls on her staff about it and both of them answered most of my questions with "I'm not sure, I'll have to ask Tamara and get back to you." It felt like a giant waste of my time. I know she is super busy, but it would have been much easier to just meet with the person who can actually answer my questions. They also talked super fast as if they were in a huge hurry, it really felt like they were rushing me. This place is a better choice if you are just stopping in for a cupcake or cookie. For a wedding cake, I would advise couples to go somewhere that isn't so chaotic and that can devote the time to customer service for your cake(s) for the biggest day of your life. If this is something that isn't a concern to you, then go with Tamara's, because your cake will look great.

Recently Married

I love Tamara the Cake Guru! I ordered 125 cupcakes for my wedding, in 5 different flavors. They were so delicious and all of my guests raved over them. The staff was very helpful during the ordering process, it was a delightful experience working with them.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We used Tamara's for our wedding cupcakes and we couldn't have been happier! By far these are the best cupcakes I have ever eaten! Our guests LITERALLY RAVED about them all night! Our officiant was gluten intolerant and said it was the first wedding in 20 years that she could eat some cake/cupcakes at because we had a gluten free cupcake selection. Amazingly, the gluten free cupcakes (the Boston Creme Pie flavor) were one of the favorites of our guests and us girls when picking flavors! And I am not even gluten intolerant!

The girl who helped me both times was very kind and helpful, despite the fact that they were very busy both times I was there. She was very helpful in selecting flavors and cupcake papers, set up, etc. The prices aren't too bad either, I think $2.50 a cupcake, which is the same or less as some cake places ($3 per person), and honestly these are way more decadent and delicious than a piece of cake! Use Tamara's they are soooooooo good!

Emily
08/16/2014
3.3

My husband and I first came to the shope for a "test day" in order to try out flavors for our wedding cake. It was somewhat limiting as they only had a certain amount of flavors, in the form of cupcakes, made to try. We ended up decided on flavor with Tamara and arranged our cake design with her. On the day of our wedding, the first look at our wedding cake was disappointing. We had a farm wedding and wanted to incorporate burlap and sunflowers onto our cake. However, the sunflowers were all peeling off and the fondant burlap was not very creative...it looked simply like a brown band. As professional cake decorators, I feel as though they could have done a better job with the burlap detail...I know I could have made it better myself. There was no reasont he decorative cake pieces should have been falling off as it was not a humid or hot day. All of our pictures of the cake reflect this poor state. Taste was good, but not exactly wedding cake quality...more or less something that could have been made at home. Admittedly, we made the mistake of taking off for our honeymoon and forgetting to tell our family to return the cake slab. Tamara was very rude about this and pointed out that it was in our contract...which is was. Again, this was my mistake. She had a deposit from us but insisted that we needed to return the slab. I told her it would be a 3 hour round trip(on a weekday) for us to bring it back. Rather than do that, I told her she could keep the deposit(which is what its for, right??) and that I would send her a check for the cost of the material. This was not satisfying and so, my husband and to drive up there, pick it up from the vendor and return it. I agree that this was our mistake to begin with but what's the point of having a desposit if you're going to be like that anyway?

3.5

We were disappointed. We went for a cake tasting and the cupcakes were amazing so we had some high hopes, especially after reading so many reviews. Our cake was dry and didn't look all that amazing either. For the price we paid we were not happy, we feel Walmart could have done just as good for 1/8 of the cost.
I also felt they were hard to get ahold of. Then a few days before the wedding I got an email saying they had no idea what we wanted for our cake when we had sent pictures and described what we wanted. If they were so confused they should have just passed on the cake instead of getting our hopes up. We wanted half traditional and half super hero.

Recently Married

We showed Tamara pictures of what we wanted, she sketched up a drawing of what we wanted. They have soo many different flavors and fillings to choose from, the cake was delicious!!!

4.1

Our wedding cake was really good. We were able to speak to Tamara about our cake during a visit to Wisconsin since we don't live in the area and show her what we wanted. She and her team made it happen! What more can I say?
I would recommend this place to a friend.

Services Used: Party Supplies, Wedding Cake
1+ year ago

Tamara's Cakes was so easy to work with! My now husband and I had a tasting and could not believe all the flavors were were able to sample. I had individual pictures of what I wanted each layer to look like and Tamara was able to take each one and create a five-layer masterpiece! Our cake was the centerpiece of the wedding and more beautiful and delicious than we could have ever imagined. Very satisfied with everything and highly recommended!

1+ year ago

The cake was beautiful and DELICIOUS! Tamara was great to work with and made my vision reality!

1+ year ago

We had the most amazing cupcakes at our wedding that our guests just raved about. Thank you Tamara for helping to make our wedding memorable!

1+ year ago

Heard nothing but good things during our wedding about our cake/cupcakes! They were delicious! Tamara is very easy to work with and her wedding tasting events makes it super easy to come in and sample flavor and book your event.

4.7

Tamara's Cake Guru does such amazing work! The cupcakes are fantastic and I just wish I could eat more of them. They are moist cakes and of huge proportions! We had the dirt cake cupcake and that was such a big hit! She is perhaps not the easiest to get a hold of but she is thorough when you do get a hold of her! This was a vendor I didn't have to worry about, tell her what you want and when you want it and it will be there and fantastically tasty!