The Cake Guru Tamara's

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

We ordered cupcakes for our wedding through Tamara's. They were absolutely delicious and everyone loved them. Tamara's was super easy to work with. They offered deals if you went in during one of their cake tastings.

2.6

We got our wedding cake and a groom's cake from Tamara's. I will start with the good....we loved the way our cakes looked and people said it tasted good too. She does a great job on the "art" part of it and once I saw both cakes I didn't regret booking with her anymore. However, the process leading up to the wedding was a headache. I was nervous that the cakes would not be right because there was an extreme lack of professionalism from the employees here, most of which I won't even mention here because I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Tamara met with us to go over the design for our wedding cake, but when it came to the groom's cake, she said that she "prefers to let her staff handle that." While that might have been fine, I did meet with 2 different girls on her staff about it and both of them answered most of my questions with "I'm not sure, I'll have to ask Tamara and get back to you." It felt like a giant waste of my time. I know she is super busy, but it would have been much easier to just meet with the person who can actually answer my questions. They also talked super fast as if they were in a huge hurry, it really felt like they were rushing me. This place is a better choice if you are just stopping in for a cupcake or cookie. For a wedding cake, I would advise couples to go somewhere that isn't so chaotic and that can devote the time to customer service for your cake(s) for the biggest day of your life. If this is something that isn't a concern to you, then go with Tamara's, because your cake will look great.

Recently Married

I love Tamara the Cake Guru! I ordered 125 cupcakes for my wedding, in 5 different flavors. They were so delicious and all of my guests raved over them. The staff was very helpful during the ordering process, it was a delightful experience working with them.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We used Tamara's for our wedding cupcakes and we couldn't have been happier! By far these are the best cupcakes I have ever eaten! Our guests LITERALLY RAVED about them all night! Our officiant was gluten intolerant and said it was the first wedding in 20 years that she could eat some cake/cupcakes at because we had a gluten free cupcake selection. Amazingly, the gluten free cupcakes (the Boston Creme Pie flavor) were one of the favorites of our guests and us girls when picking flavors! And I am not even gluten intolerant!

The girl who helped me both times was very kind and helpful, despite the fact that they were very busy both times I was there. She was very helpful in selecting flavors and cupcake papers, set up, etc. The prices aren't too bad either, I think $2.50 a cupcake, which is the same or less as some cake places ($3 per person), and honestly these are way more decadent and delicious than a piece of cake! Use Tamara's they are soooooooo good!

Emily
08/16/2014
3.3

My husband and I first came to the shope for a "test day" in order to try out flavors for our wedding cake. It was somewhat limiting as they only had a certain amount of flavors, in the form of cupcakes, made to try. We ended up decided on flavor with Tamara and arranged our cake design with her. On the day of our wedding, the first look at our wedding cake was disappointing. We had a farm wedding and wanted to incorporate burlap and sunflowers onto our cake. However, the sunflowers were all peeling off and the fondant burlap was not very creative...it looked simply like a brown band. As professional cake decorators, I feel as though they could have done a better job with the burlap detail...I know I could have made it better myself. There was no reasont he decorative cake pieces should have been falling off as it was not a humid or hot day. All of our pictures of the cake reflect this poor state. Taste was good, but not exactly wedding cake quality...more or less something that could have been made at home. Admittedly, we made the mistake of taking off for our honeymoon and forgetting to tell our family to return the cake slab. Tamara was very rude about this and pointed out that it was in our contract...which is was. Again, this was my mistake. She had a deposit from us but insisted that we needed to return the slab. I told her it would be a 3 hour round trip(on a weekday) for us to bring it back. Rather than do that, I told her she could keep the deposit(which is what its for, right??) and that I would send her a check for the cost of the material. This was not satisfying and so, my husband and to drive up there, pick it up from the vendor and return it. I agree that this was our mistake to begin with but what's the point of having a desposit if you're going to be like that anyway?

3.5

We were disappointed. We went for a cake tasting and the cupcakes were amazing so we had some high hopes, especially after reading so many reviews. Our cake was dry and didn't look all that amazing either. For the price we paid we were not happy, we feel Walmart could have done just as good for 1/8 of the cost.
I also felt they were hard to get ahold of. Then a few days before the wedding I got an email saying they had no idea what we wanted for our cake when we had sent pictures and described what we wanted. If they were so confused they should have just passed on the cake instead of getting our hopes up. We wanted half traditional and half super hero.

Recently Married

We showed Tamara pictures of what we wanted, she sketched up a drawing of what we wanted. They have soo many different flavors and fillings to choose from, the cake was delicious!!!

4.1

Our wedding cake was really good. We were able to speak to Tamara about our cake during a visit to Wisconsin since we don't live in the area and show her what we wanted. She and her team made it happen! What more can I say?
I would recommend this place to a friend.

Services Used: Party Supplies, Wedding Cake
Recently Married

Tamara's Cakes was so easy to work with! My now husband and I had a tasting and could not believe all the flavors were were able to sample. I had individual pictures of what I wanted each layer to look like and Tamara was able to take each one and create a five-layer masterpiece! Our cake was the centerpiece of the wedding and more beautiful and delicious than we could have ever imagined. Very satisfied with everything and highly recommended!

Recently Married

The cake was beautiful and DELICIOUS! Tamara was great to work with and made my vision reality!

1+ year ago

We had the most amazing cupcakes at our wedding that our guests just raved about. Thank you Tamara for helping to make our wedding memorable!

1+ year ago

Heard nothing but good things during our wedding about our cake/cupcakes! They were delicious! Tamara is very easy to work with and her wedding tasting events makes it super easy to come in and sample flavor and book your event.

4.7

Tamara's Cake Guru does such amazing work! The cupcakes are fantastic and I just wish I could eat more of them. They are moist cakes and of huge proportions! We had the dirt cake cupcake and that was such a big hit! She is perhaps not the easiest to get a hold of but she is thorough when you do get a hold of her! This was a vendor I didn't have to worry about, tell her what you want and when you want it and it will be there and fantastically tasty!

Jenny
09/14/2013
4.3

The Cake Guru did cupcakes and a small cake for us for our wedding. The cupcakes were awesome and got rave reviews all night. The bride and groom cake was so good also, I only waited a couple of days to break into the rest of it! We had six different flavors but the list was so long it was hard to choose just six. You may think $2.50 is a lot for a cupcake, but the taste makes up for the cost. Tamara is hard to get a hold of and won't always answer emails in a timely fashion, but once you get your order in and the details ironed out, the staff will take care of the rest.

Simon
08/31/2013

Tamara and the Cake Guru Staff where very friendly and easy to work with. They accommodated all our needs and followed thru with all our questions and concerns. Our cup cakes and there design was amazing, delicious, and we received raving reviews from our guests. If you are planning an event We HIGHLY suggest Giving them an opportunity to make your day and your dessert special!

Simon & Lacey

4.7

Tamara was incredible! I had a low budget wedding and was stoked to find that I could have an award winning cake artist make my cake for the same cost as a piggly wiggly! We went for our tasting and were allowed to pick a different flavor for each layer with no extra charge. We live an hour away, and that was the last time I saw tamara, she was super flexible and easy to contact either via phone or email. I was extremely pleased with her follow through on the design of our cake. I was exactly how I wanted it! I would DEFINANTLY recommend Tamara