The Big Affair

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
When my husband and I were searching for a photographer for our wedding, we somewhat knew what we wanted, but trying to find a photographer was a huge struggle for us because it was our number one priority. We had come across so many other wedding photographers, but the style Tomas had was certainly unique in every way, which ultimately caught our attention when we saw a glimpse of his work. Tomas was everything we could have ever asked for and more from the very first time we met till the day of th wedding. He was kind, friendly and his knowledge for creativity with photos was the greatest impression. His level of commitment to perfecting our vision, exceeded our expectations on a professional and technical level. I would not trust anyone else for your one and ONLY day because of the PASSION he has for his work. If you do not know what you want, not to worry Tomas will take care of you and walk you through everything, more importantly you can trust his work even if you still don't have the slightest clue! We were beyond happy, blessed with how our photos came out and now we have lasting memories thanks to his magnificent work. Thank you again Tomas !
Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could have been more happy having Tomas to capture our special moments! Since the beginning of our first meeting with him, he guided us through and even helped us to prepare for our big day. We found that Tomas is very passionate about his work and the photos he took of us were breathtaking, reflecting our personalities. The portraits he took of me were unbelievably beautiful and worth to frame and hang on the wall. I am so happy to have them, because it will remind me how pretty I was on my wedding day !:-) He managed to capture all the aspects of our wedding, including little details that are so important to us.
Besides his amazing work, Tomas is very interactive and cheerful that helped to managed through stressful wedding day. Even our wedding guests were complimenting our photographer and how professional he was.
Thanks to Tomas and his super talent, we had such a great experience and our beautiful moments secured for many years to come. That being said, I would highly recommend The Big Affair for any couple who are getting married, who wants to get the best images of their wedding and have the best experience with their photographer!
Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the moment that my now husband and me sat down with Tomas we knew we could stop looking for our photographer; we had struck GOLD!. Tomas came to meet with us locally, showed us his portfolio and gave us a package that worked within our budget. He checked out the venue ahead of the big day and recommended his wife to me as the hair and make up stylist. As a team they are AMAZING! So calm, soothing, and oozing professionalism and skill. On site , on the day they were confident and friendly at the same time making sure to get the shots taken that we had requested. I have only seen a couple of teaser shots which Tomas kindly sent off to us just a day after the wedding and they are great! We highly recommend Tomas and his wife Agne as a knock out team for weddings.
Wedding: 05/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tomas did an amazing job with our wedding pictures. He was very detailed and patient with us, and the pictures really showed it! He spent time getting to know us and was very responsive to our requests. Also, he's very good at communicating and following through in a timely manner. We are very happy!
Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wife and I completely enjoyed our experience with The Big Affair Photography from start to finish. Tomas has a great eye and is able to pick out the perfect shots. We couldn’t have asked for better pictures! As you can see from his sample albums, his photos have a timeless aesthetic quality; they aren’t gimmicky and won’t become dated. Moreover, Tomas has a great personality. He’s vibrant, enthusiastic, personable, and clearly dedicated to his art. He has a special ability to bring out the personality and the feeling of moment and people in the pictures, in addition to having an excellent artistic sense. We appreciated Tomas’ flexibility in choosing times that were convenient for us, even though we were very busy, and his professional relationship with us has become a good friendship. We highly suggest contacting Tomas and choosing The Big Affair Photography for your wedding.
Wedding: 01/01/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thomas and his wife Agne were an awesome duo at our wedding this past May. More on that to come. We looked at many different photographer’s pictures and decided to give The Big Affair a call as their photos seemed to blend art and technique and Thomas seemed to really be able to captured some great candid moments in his online sets.

Our relationship started with a very pleasant exchange via voice messages and texts and Thomas even emailed me contact information on different vendors we could use for other wedding needs before we had decided to go with them. We then got together for a “get to know you” chat and came up with a very fair price…especially for the skill and teamwork of the two. Thomas did his homework, going to our venue ahead of time to check out how the lighting might look at different points of the day and to see which landscapes would provide the best backdrops.

On the day of the wedding, Thomas and Agne show up not only professional, but personable as well. They took some seriously awesome photos and we had many laughs along the way. It definitely kept the mood light and fun on what is typically a very stressful day. Here’s the really cool part…a day after your wedding, you start to miss the whole event and want to see some pictures…and in your email comes five or six pictures that Thomas has touched up as a preview of what is to come. Then about a week later, you get the photos uploaded on to his website and they are brilliant!!! Thomas is still doing some final touches on some pictures that we requested he touch up and we’ll be looking for that picture disk in the mail soon!

I would highly recommend Thomas and his wife Agne of The Big Affair for capturing the memories of your wedding or any event for that matter!!!

Thinh + Julie
May 11th, 2013 @ Hummingbird Nest Ranch
Wedding: 05/11/2013

Anonymous 1 Reviews
We contacted quite a few photographers looking for someone to take photos at our wedding and selected The Big Affair because Tomas was extremely responsive, showed us beautiful examples of his work, and was able to work within our budget.

We had a great experience. Pre-event planning and meetings with Tomas were easy and productive, and he was a calm and fun presence on our wedding day. He put our guests totally at ease while he took their photos. And he posted our pictures in a really nice online gallery promptly after the event - We loved being able to share photos with family and friends so easily.

We would absolutely recommend The Big Affair and will happily hire Tomas again for other events.
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Anonymous 1 Reviews
My husband and I were thrilled with Tomas as our wedding photographer. As creative types ourselves (a writer and a musician) it was very important to us that our photographer be artistically talented and not just an amateur with an expensive camera. Tomas knows what he's doing. His photos are all thoughtfully composed and naturally well lit, and thanks to him we have hundreds of beautiful pictures we can't wait to frame.

Tomas was also a wonderful person to work with. He responded to every email promptly and patiently, and on our wedding day, when everyone was running around like crazy, he was a very calm presence.

We received some preview pictures 2 days after our wedding, and we received ALL our preview pictures in about a week and a half. They were ready before we'd even gotten back from our honeymoon!

The next time a friend of ours gets engaged, we will recommend Tomas and The Big Affair for their photography. We are very happy.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I are not particularly fond of taking pictures, but Tomas was able to make us feel immediately at ease. In addition, he was extremely patient with our families as they requested picture after picture. He sent us a few sample photos days after the wedding and the rest of the photos quickly thereafter. Most importantly, the photos are beautiful!! He did a great job running around the church and getting pictures from every angle. We highly recommend him and will be using him again for future events.
Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
So I researched LA photographers that had great quality but were a little easy on the pocketbook. And WOW, The Big Affair had both of those qualties. When we got our photos back from our engangement shoot we were in awe of how beautiful they were. They were not just plain photos, but pictures that really captured our personalities and our character. We anticipated our photos for our wedding, and again they were so great. They not only took traditional photos for us, but also captured great moments of us and our guests, we had so much fun looking at them:) It was a blessing to have a photographer that when you look at your photos you are taken back to what special day that really was. Also Agne, did my make-up I was so pleased, she made me feel so beautiful and I got so many compliments. They are very professional, and very comfortable to work with. Also they have such great ideas for photos. I would 100% reccommend them
Wedding: 01/07/2012
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Photography
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I hired Tomas to be our photographer for our wedding in October 2011 and it was one of the best decisions we ever made. Tomas has the rare combination of being a very good technical photographer as well as having a great artistic eye for great poses and angles. He has a very calm demeanor which makes you feel immediately comfortable. Communication wise, he would respond very quickly whenever I had any questions. Lastly, he had our wedding photos available very soon which was a bonus versus waiting the typical 3 months it takes for most photographers to have the photos ready. I strongly recommend Tomas as someone who will capture the most important moments in your life with class and style. You will not regret it!
The Big Affair responded with the following comments:
Thank You Jamba & Jackie. You are such an amazing couple and we had an honor to be a part of you beautiful day. We wish you the best !
Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had Tomas and Agne shoot our engagement photos and we were blown away with the results. From our first meeting with Tomas and Agne we could see how genuine they were. They took the time to plan out a shoot that was tailored to who we are as a couple, and made it a unique experience since we weren't looking for an average studio shoot! Tomas and Agne showcased our romance through their photos, and we are so grateful to have had such a tremendous part of our lives documented!
Please get a glimpse of our shoot here: http://youtu.be/Y6a1aON20pQAs well as our live review: http://youtu.be/pOcI2PCvbDc
Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We booked Tomas as our wedding photographer after a very stressful incident where our original photographer could not be reached only a few weeks before the wedding and we were totally freaking out! Luckily Tomas stepped in seamlessly - he arrived early and stayed until the very end. We loved the photos and will definitely be keeping in touch with Tomas - we know one day he'll be taking our family portraits!

~Alice & Justin
Wedding: 06/26/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tomas and Agne are wonderful to work with, so you should do yourself a favor and hire them for your wedding or event.

When my husband and I were looking for photographers, our number one concern after finding people to take beautiful photos was finding people that were comfortable to be around. They are all that and then some. Take that and combine it with the fact that are super talented and that they are reasonably priced and its a no brainer!

We found The Big Affair through yelp actually and saw how positive the reviews were, so we sent them an email. Tomas promptly got back to us and set up a meeting. Initially they invited us to their home so that we could check out more of their work, get to know them, and discuss what we were looking for. Even though we had another meeting to go to, we just knew they had to be our photographers because they are just so sweet and kind and they take beautiful photos. (And side note, they are both super tall which is a nice bonus for any ladies worried about double chin action in photos...high angles are the best!!)

You can tell that Tomas and Agne really care about what they do as they really prepare and think a lot about your event. Prior to our wedding we took them on a scout of our location and we spent an hour looking at the place and discussing everything we wanted to try to get. What I really enjoyed is that they shared their ideas as well as were vocal about what would work best. Afterwards we emailed them our wedding schedule and a list of the wedding photos specifics we wanted and after that it was cake. I found out that they even went back to our location a separate time without us because they wanted to see what the lighting was going to be like at a certain time of day and brainstorm some more. Shooting outdoor weddings can be tricky so they went the distance to be ready for it all.

On the wedding day, they went with the flow, did their thing and our photos came out brilliantly. They got photos that captured every moment from start to finish. Not only that, they especially take the time to get detail shots so you can remember all the special elements you picked to decorate your big day. For the most part we wanted photographs that captured the moments as they happened and then we had time planned out for "staged" and wacky photos and beauty shots of the groom and I. At one point, Tomas had me show off my shoe as I took a couple of steps. I had no idea what this was for until I saw our online photo album. I died laughing because basically he turned my foot into the giant that was going to crush the group of fearful groomsmen. Hilarious!

You should know that not only do you get quantity but you get quality. After the wedding, Tomas was so prompt with the turn around of our photos. He quickly set up an online album for us to look through. They picked 1300 photos out of the 3000 they took (and yes you do get to see them all if you so choose)and from there we chose our selections for him to edit and add style to. Tomas is also very gifted at photo editing. All of the photos he took were naturally beautiful as is, but if there is a style or a type of coloring you prefer, he is all over it and ladies...what Bride doesnt want completely flawless skin in at least some of their photos?

I really could go on and on about how cool they are, how hard they work, and how beautiful their product is, but you really should just meet with them and find out for yourself.

Thank you Tomas and Agne for capturing our big day in such a beautiful way!
Wedding: 06/25/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our first meeting with Tomas and Agne was great. They were very friendly and warm. We were impressed by Tomas’ height, he is very tall, which is great because he gets great angles and no double chins!!! You can tell they are both very artistic and passionate about their work. When we booked them we were obviously price conscious, but we wanted quality. We felt they provided the best quality at a very reasonable price. The communication from the beginning was great. It started via email to which he responded very promptly. We set up a meeting at a neutral location and they showed us their work. Tomas and Agne always responded promptly to emails, text messages or phone calls. They answered any questions and were very honest throughout the entire process. We felt super comfortable with Agne and Tomas on the day of the wedding. Agne showed up on the groom’s site and Tomas on the bride’s site. They took amazing shots before the ceremony, during the ceremony and at the reception. They were at the right place at the right time and were not intrusive in any way. Their performance was absolutely amazing. They have a great eye for photography. We love the photojournalistic approach which they thrive on. They were able to capture the entire wedding party, which consisted of about 30 people without a problem. They captured countless of priceless moments. Neither one of us is very photogenic, but you wouldn’t be able to tell through the photos. And if Tomas or Agne ask you to do something and you don’t understand why, just do it. You’ll be amazed when you see the album. We were a bit tired towards the end of the day when they asked us to take a few final shots. However, they ended up being some of the best shots of the entire day. We received a preview of some of the images while on our honeymoon. By the time we came back, two weeks later, the online gallery was up and shortly after we met with Tomas and Agne to pick up the DVD with all the images. Our family and guests absolutely loved the pictures. We received many compliments. Everyone loved the pictures and everyone asked for copies in all sizes, which isn’t a problem because you have fully licensed rights to all the images.
Wedding: 05/21/2011
 323-541-8200
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire