The Barns at Wesleyan Hills

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

We got married at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills this past Sunday, May 17th! Everything was absolutely wonderful:
1) Michelle, Mary-Beth, and Shelli were all there on wedding day, and they are all amazing! They are so friendly, warm, helpful, and attentive - I did not worry about a thing. They were a joy to work with from the moment we visited the Barns for the first time. All my questions during the planning process were answered quickly by phone or e-mail, and I knew I was in good hands the entire time. I will truly miss our back and forth emails!
2) The grounds are BEAUTIFUL. We had many photos taken outside with our photographer, and we had our chuppah ceremony outside as well. The grass and trees were crisp green, and the ponds and garden bridges were so beautiful and romantic. So many of our guests told us how beautiful it all was.
3) The decor was beautiful - exactly how we envisioned it! They have a large collection of vintage & rustic items (i.e. lace runners, books, etc.) that were placed everywhere - under the tent for cocktail hour, in the Barn for reception, etc. The barn itself is the most beautiful barn we saw during our venue search... It is so warm and cozy inside. There are many decor options for the barn based on your style (we chose garden lights, and it was just perfect). As far as decorating place card tables, guestbook, and cake tables, We left it completely in the hands of Shelli, Michelle, and Mary-Beth. They arranged the decorative items I mentioned before so tastefully - we just loved how everything looked.
4) The service was wonderful through-out cocktail hour and dinner. I was in "hiding" during cocktail hour and a few waiters and waitresses brought us many plates of food right into the bridal suite!
5) The food was AMAZING! SO many guests raved to us about it!
We loved our wedding here. It was our dream come true, for sure. We are so grateful!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Barns was the first venue that we visited. Not only did we immediately fall in love with the space but we also knew immediately that we were in great hands with Mary Beth – our wedding planner. The Barns at Wesleyan Hills was a beautiful canvas but we wanted to really make it unique with our own individual style. We knew that the Connecticut Wedding Group and Mary Beth were going to help us make it happen. Mary Beth went above and beyond in order to make our dream wedding happen. She helped us through multiple sessions with the designer, offering her feedback and tips. We demanded a lot (building a new entrance way structure, unique trees/lights) but the team was always willing to work with us. She made the planning portion truly enjoyable and we were confident knowing we had an expert on our side.

On our wedding day, it was amazing to finally see it come together. Despite all the planning, there is always some anxiety on how the venue will look once everything is finally put in place. The Barns looked exactly as we had envisioned it. Well not exactly, there were small pieces and details that we had not even thought of that the staff knew tied the theme together. Many of our guests (even some who had been to the Barns for a previous wedding) were in awe of how the Barns looked.

The food was diverse, unique, and delicious. Our guests raved about the options available during the cocktail hour and the entrees matched the cocktail hour food in their quality. The staff was extremely attentive – never allowing the bar to have a large line and ensuring that the needs of all of our guests were met.

We are beyond happy with our choice to have our dream wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. The team at Connecticut Wedding Group – especially our experience with Mary Beth - will really work with you to put your own personal touch on your day!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married there last week (April 10th).

All my guest raved about the venue and the food.
The food, service, and people at CT wedding group were wonderful.

They (Traci, Jack and Mary-Beth) made sure I had everything I wanted and made sure the night went off without a hitch. I had several guests tell me how wonder and nice the servers were to them.

The venue looked beautiful. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it.

We had a late night snack (the breakfast sandwiches) -- they were delicious!! We didn't leave a single one there. :)

I highly recommend The Barns. The CT Wedding Group was wonderful to work with and they made sure we didn't forget anything. Wedding planning was a breeze! :)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my reception at the Barns on November 21, 2014. It was the best reception ever! The food was phenomenal, the decor was beautiful, and the attention to detail the staff provided was outstanding. My guests commented on how attentive and kind the waitstaff were and how they all went out of their way to make my guests happy. My day-of coordinator Melinda was so hard working and thoughtful. I would not have changed a single thing about my big day and the CT wedding group staff were the best to work with! No email or question went unanswered and the process was so easy! THANK YOU ALL!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married this past November and had the most WONDERFUL, AMAZING night, thanks to the team at The CT Wedding Group! Throughout the entire planning process, they were incredibly helpful, attentive, and a true pleasure to work with. Mary-Beth was my coordinator and responded to every question or request with lightning speed, and was really flexible when it came to the personalized elements we wanted to include for our big day. It was great getting to know her, she really made us feel comfortable throughout the craziness of wedding planning! Everything was personal, beautiful, and delicious, even more so than we could have envisioned. Our family and friends continue to rave about the great time they had, that the food (particularly cocktail hour) was incredible and filling, and that it was a very unique, cozy venue. Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We highly recommend the barns at Wesleyan hills for your wedding venue! It was the perfect amount of rustic elegance and the food and service was top notch! We've had several guests contact us letting us know how much they enjoyed themselves at our wedding and that it was the best one they've ever attended! The venue was beautiful! The food was absolutely delicious, the passed appetizers were out of this world and the service was outstanding! Thank you ct wedding group, especially mary-beth!!
Sherri & Jared

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my reception at the barns about a month and a half ago and I cannot say enough good things about my experience with the barns and everyone involved. From the start of booking the venue Mary beth was informative, on top of everything and had everything in line and organized making the entire experience next to stress free. The day of the wedding, everything went smoothly. People are still raving about the high end restaurant quality food and how unique and beautiful the venue itself was. In addition, they offer add on wedding features including a ben and Jerry's ice cream bar which everyone of all ages loved! I would 100% recommend Mary beth, the barns and ct wedding group to anyone getting married in the area!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WOW! To say we are happy with The Barns at Wesleyan Hills would be a huge understatement! The staff there is truly amazing. As a bride I felt very little stress leading up to the wedding because I knew our big day was in such good hands. They do so much for you and help you make you big day special. The food is the best I have ever had at a wedding and the service was impeccable. Our on site coordinator the day of our wedding, Traci, was amazing, as was all the staff that we work with throughout the process. They are attentive and always respond in a timely manor. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! We highly recommend using the Barns to any one who is looking for a venue for their wedding.

Linda
07/25/2014

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. I promise you it's impossible to be disappointed with anyone or anything that you encounter here. We worked with Mary-Beth and she's a dream. Living in NY we were worried about planning a wedding in CT and communicating mainly through emails. But Mary-Beth could NOT have been friendlier, more responsive, more interested, organized or helpful. She gave us great ideas and really understood and followed our theme. She responded to emails so quickly she made me feel like I was the only bride she was working with! The venue is different than your typical wedding hall and the grounds are gorgeous. I was absolutely blown away by how much attention to detail and care everyone put into making all of our wishes come true. The food is fantastic too btw. I'd recommend this place if they served hamburgers and hot dogs, but everyone was commenting on how great the food was which in my opinion is a rarity with wedding venues. And we had over 200 people!!

Walida
07/12/2014

I could not have asked for a better venue. From the start of my wedding planning until the end of my wedding night has been wonderful. Mary-Beth McDowell & Irene Koles we're amazing event coordinators and really made my planning smooth and enjoyable. They really paid attention to detail and made my vision come to life. Guests were happy from ceremony to decor and food. I have yet to receive any bad comments. My husband & I have gotten nothing but good praise. And everyone loved Brian who is one of their employees. We truly had an amazing experience. If only they could cater all types of events.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

CT wedding group helped us plan our wedding the entire year and a half we were engaged. They were wonderful about staying in contact via email. If the person you emailed didn't have the answer they got back to us within a day but most frequently within hours. Please note I sent a LOT of emails. There were numerous specialists helping us with different aspects of our reception the entire time. Our reception was at the barns and it was absolutely perfect. My guests are still ranting and raving over the food. 1) there was a ton of it 2) it was all piping hot and 3) it was delicious!!! Every single person was absolutely wonderful to work with. It was worth the money. My mom stated during the engagement she didn't understand why we were doing all we did, after the wedding she said she understood. It was an amazing day and we thank the staff at CT wedding group for being a huge part of its success.

Justine
06/08/2014

I don't know where to begin! Mary-Beth and her team at the Barns were perfect. Throughout the whole planning process I never had a question go unanswered. They were responsive, caring, organized, and always 3 steps ahead. On the actual day Mary-Beth was with us with each step, never ever in the way, but always there when we needed. She is so fantastic both personally and at her job, I would recommend working with her to anyone getting married with CTWG. The actual venue is so beautiful. The set up of all the items we brought was better than I could have imagined with so many rustic touches from the venue. Everyone kept complimenting the decor and details. Couldn't have had a better wedding at the Barns!

chanel1021
06/01/2014

We are so happy we had our wedding at the Barns! It was everything we dreamed of and more. The entire staff of CT Wedding Group is incredible. They were always quick to respond, worked with us for our specific wants/needs, and made our day perfect. We had the pleasure of having Michelle as our day of coordinator and we absolutely adored her! She herself had recently gotten married and she gave me amazing recommendations (most of which I ended up using). She was there to help every step of the way leading up to the wedding. The day of, she and her staff ran the show seamlessly, and the Barn looked gorgeous! They dressed it with vintage props, lace, and their awesome apple press. My husband and I were able to sit back, relax, and actually enjoy our wedding because we knew she and the team had it under control. Not to mention, the food is DELICIOUS. Seriously. Everything from the passed hors d'oeuvres, the sit down dinner, the signature cocktail – so yummy. All of our guests had such a blast. We are so grateful to The Barns and CT Wedding Group for making our wedding so special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hill on May 24 with Laura. She was incredible and was always available to answer any question I had. No matter how silly. I did not have all the decor I wanted but was able to describe to her my style and they had additional items that she was able to use to completely capture my idea and vision. She was an absolute joy to work with.

They truly go above and beyond for their brides (and grooms) the bartending staff, wait staff, everyone was so courteous and constantly was checking with us to see if we needed anything during dinner and ensured we had the best time.

The food is incredible, something that you will talk about for years to come. I hope my friends and relatives have their weddings here just so I can come back and relish the food. Literally, better than a 5 star restaurant, the steak was the best I have had and I live in Texas.

Every detail was perfectly tied together and they treated me with the utmost care, like I was the only bride they had. You cannot go wrong with having your wedding with the CT Wedding Group.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My experience at the Barns and with Pavilion Catering was amazing. The staff was always responsive to my questions along the way, they were incredibly organized, and Mary Beth my coordinator ran our wedding day so smoothly, a huge relief, we were able to relax and knew that we were in good hands. Best fall venue in CT!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

We loved everything about the barns! From the moment we toured to the end if our wedding day, every interaction we had was amazing. The people are lovely to work with, the food was incredible (our guests still talk about it!), the venue looked gorgeous on our day and they made everything so easy for us. Highly highly recommended!!!