The Barns at Wesleyan Hills by Connecticut Wedding Group

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills by Connecticut Wedding Group

Connecticut's most beautiful and unique venues for weddings

430 Highland Avenue
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my reception at the Barns on November 21, 2014. It was the best reception ever! The food was phenomenal, the decor was beautiful, and the attention to detail the staff provided was outstanding. My guests commented on how attentive and kind the waitstaff were and how they all went out of their way to make my guests happy. My day-of coordinator Melinda was so hard working and thoughtful. I would not have changed a single thing about my big day and the CT wedding group staff were the best to work with! No email or question went unanswered and the process was so easy! THANK YOU ALL!!

• Wedding: 11/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We highly recommend the barns at Wesleyan hills for your wedding venue! It was the perfect amount of rustic elegance and the food and service was top notch! We've had several guests contact us letting us know how much they enjoyed themselves at our wedding and that it was the best one they've ever attended! The venue was beautiful! The food was absolutely delicious, the passed appetizers were out of this world and the service was outstanding! Thank you ct wedding group, especially mary-beth!!
Sherri & Jared

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my reception at the barns about a month and a half ago and I cannot say enough good things about my experience with the barns and everyone involved. From the start of booking the venue Mary beth was informative, on top of everything and had everything in line and organized making the entire experience next to stress free. The day of the wedding, everything went smoothly. People are still raving about the high end restaurant quality food and how unique and beautiful the venue itself was. In addition, they offer add on wedding features including a ben and Jerry's ice cream bar which everyone of all ages loved! I would 100% recommend Mary beth, the barns and ct wedding group to anyone getting married in the area!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where to begin. I met Mary Beth at a bridal show at our venue the Wadsworth Mansion. I immediately loved her a made a connection. After our initial meeting she assured us that they would take care of absolutely everything to make our day perfect. They are a full service which means they have a planner, decorator, caterer, day-of emergency assistant all in one person.

She and the staff put our minds at ease going over and taking care of every detail, The day-of, she made sure everything ran smoothly. I will never forget the moment she got down on one knee and scrubbed the back of my dress with a Tide-to-go stick because someone stepped on my train. Mary Beth was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond for us on our special day. You'd be crazy to go with anyone but this group.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW! To say we are happy with The Barns at Wesleyan Hills would be a huge understatement! The staff there is truly amazing. As a bride I felt very little stress leading up to the wedding because I knew our big day was in such good hands. They do so much for you and help you make you big day special. The food is the best I have ever had at a wedding and the service was impeccable. Our on site coordinator the day of our wedding, Traci, was amazing, as was all the staff that we work with throughout the process. They are attentive and always respond in a timely manor. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! We highly recommend using the Barns to any one who is looking for a venue for their wedding.

• Wedding: 08/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. I promise you it's impossible to be disappointed with anyone or anything that you encounter here. We worked with Mary-Beth and she's a dream. Living in NY we were worried about planning a wedding in CT and communicating mainly through emails. But Mary-Beth could NOT have been friendlier, more responsive, more interested, organized or helpful. She gave us great ideas and really understood and followed our theme. She responded to emails so quickly she made me feel like I was the only bride she was working with! The venue is different than your typical wedding hall and the grounds are gorgeous. I was absolutely blown away by how much attention to detail and care everyone put into making all of our wishes come true. The food is fantastic too btw. I'd recommend this place if they served hamburgers and hot dogs, but everyone was commenting on how great the food was which in my opinion is a rarity with wedding venues. And we had over 200 people!!

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
Linda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have asked for a better venue. From the start of my wedding planning until the end of my wedding night has been wonderful. Mary-Beth McDowell & Irene Koles we're amazing event coordinators and really made my planning smooth and enjoyable. They really paid attention to detail and made my vision come to life. Guests were happy from ceremony to decor and food. I have yet to receive any bad comments. My husband & I have gotten nothing but good praise. And everyone loved Brian who is one of their employees. We truly had an amazing experience. If only they could cater all types of events.

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Walida
  • Flexibility: 5.0

CT wedding group helped us plan our wedding the entire year and a half we were engaged. They were wonderful about staying in contact via email. If the person you emailed didn't have the answer they got back to us within a day but most frequently within hours. Please note I sent a LOT of emails. There were numerous specialists helping us with different aspects of our reception the entire time. Our reception was at the barns and it was absolutely perfect. My guests are still ranting and raving over the food. 1) there was a ton of it 2) it was all piping hot and 3) it was delicious!!! Every single person was absolutely wonderful to work with. It was worth the money. My mom stated during the engagement she didn't understand why we were doing all we did, after the wedding she said she understood. It was an amazing day and we thank the staff at CT wedding group for being a huge part of its success.

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't know where to begin! Mary-Beth and her team at the Barns were perfect. Throughout the whole planning process I never had a question go unanswered. They were responsive, caring, organized, and always 3 steps ahead. On the actual day Mary-Beth was with us with each step, never ever in the way, but always there when we needed. She is so fantastic both personally and at her job, I would recommend working with her to anyone getting married with CTWG. The actual venue is so beautiful. The set up of all the items we brought was better than I could have imagined with so many rustic touches from the venue. Everyone kept complimenting the decor and details. Couldn't have had a better wedding at the Barns!

• Wedding: 06/08/2014
Justine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Pavillion on crystal lake was the most amazing venue! I couldn't gave asked for more from them for my wedding. The staff there is professional and amazing, they went above and beyond for us. Michelle and Melinda were our wedding coordinators and they were there for us to help us with everything from planning to the day of the wedding. We felt like we built a friendship with Michelle over the year before our wedding. We were treated with respect and also in a way that felt like family. The venue itself is beautiful. It is set on crystal lake in Middletown, there is a beach area for photographs, and we got married on site but away nestled into the woods overlooking the lake where they have a gazebo. The reception area also overlooks the lake with large windows and an outdoor patio. The food is amazing! There is a reason the chef won awards for best chef in CT. All my guests said it's the best food they've ever had and that the wedding was the best they have ever been too! We were taken care of so well and for a decent price. I can't say enough good things about the Connecticut wedding group! Thank you so much for giving us a beautiful wedding!

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy we had our wedding at the Barns! It was everything we dreamed of and more. The entire staff of CT Wedding Group is incredible. They were always quick to respond, worked with us for our specific wants/needs, and made our day perfect. We had the pleasure of having Michelle as our day of coordinator and we absolutely adored her! She herself had recently gotten married and she gave me amazing recommendations (most of which I ended up using). She was there to help every step of the way leading up to the wedding. The day of, she and her staff ran the show seamlessly, and the Barn looked gorgeous! They dressed it with vintage props, lace, and their awesome apple press. My husband and I were able to sit back, relax, and actually enjoy our wedding because we knew she and the team had it under control. Not to mention, the food is DELICIOUS. Seriously. Everything from the passed hors d'oeuvres, the sit down dinner, the signature cocktail – so yummy. All of our guests had such a blast. We are so grateful to The Barns and CT Wedding Group for making our wedding so special.

• Wedding: 06/01/2014
chanel1021
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hill on May 24 with Laura. She was incredible and was always available to answer any question I had. No matter how silly. I did not have all the decor I wanted but was able to describe to her my style and they had additional items that she was able to use to completely capture my idea and vision. She was an absolute joy to work with.

They truly go above and beyond for their brides (and grooms) the bartending staff, wait staff, everyone was so courteous and constantly was checking with us to see if we needed anything during dinner and ensured we had the best time.

The food is incredible, something that you will talk about for years to come. I hope my friends and relatives have their weddings here just so I can come back and relish the food. Literally, better than a 5 star restaurant, the steak was the best I have had and I live in Texas.

Every detail was perfectly tied together and they treated me with the utmost care, like I was the only bride they had. You cannot go wrong with having your wedding with the CT Wedding Group.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Connecticut Wedding Group was so professional. Michelle (Dunkin) Moody is excellent at her job!!! She makes you feel at ease. She is on top of her game and answers all my questions so quickly. Michelle makes you feel like you have been friends for years. Michelle and the wedding group went above and beyond my expectations!! Our wedding went off with out a hitch. I couldn't imagine a more perfect Group to deal with come wedding time.
Michelle and the Pavilion at Crystal Lake crew had little surprises for us that made the day awesome. From the décor to the food it was excellent. I had many of my guests say that was the best wedding food ever!!! Many asked if the pavilion ever does dinner jut so they can go back for seconds!!!!
Thank you for everything!!
XO Marsha

• Wedding: 04/18/2014
Marsha
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our event was at The Pavilion on Crystal Lake. As the father of the bride I dealt with Mary-Beth leading up to & on the day of the wedding & she was fantastic. So very personable & accommodating that we were all very comfortable instantly.
The brides both wanted the wedding ceremony outside & the weather was a concern due to cold temperatures. Mary-Beth assured us that it didn't matter wether we were in or outside it would be fine. She told us that we had up until 2 hours before the ceremony to make our decision which I thought was amazing. (The ceremony was outside in 36 degree weather & was still perfect)
The reception was fabulous. The food superb. All of the staff were amazing. I can not use enough superlative adjectives. Everyone in attendance was raving about everything. It was such a great atmosphere.
I returned to the venue the next day to pick up a car & the only person there was a person doing food prep in the kitchen. He was an excellent example of how caring all of he staff were. He wanted to know if I needed any help packing up & asked if we had a good time the night before. He beamed when I told him how happy we all were with the party. He was just another example of how much the staff cared about all our needs.
Book it. If you don't have a great event here then you just didn't want to have fun!!!

• Wedding: 11/29/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Gary
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My experience at the Barns and with Pavilion Catering was amazing. The staff was always responsive to my questions along the way, they were incredibly organized, and Mary Beth my coordinator ran our wedding day so smoothly, a huge relief, we were able to relax and knew that we were in good hands. Best fall venue in CT!!

• Wedding: 10/20/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved everything about the barns! From the moment we toured to the end if our wedding day, every interaction we had was amazing. The people are lovely to work with, the food was incredible (our guests still talk about it!), the venue looked gorgeous on our day and they made everything so easy for us. Highly highly recommended!!!

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
860-347-7171
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards