Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch

4.2
Flexibility
4.2
Recently Married

Oh man where to begin?? Not very many people can say that their wedding day was as amazing as mine and trust me when I say, other than family and one amazing DJ that credit goes to Sylvandale Ranch and their incredible staff! They helped with everything from prep to clean up, and Ge did everything possible to keep everything on track and organized!! Not to mention the sheer beauty of the venue even with the recent construction!!! They made the day what it was and I will not hesitate to spread the word and be a return customer! Thank you for making my wedding the best experience I could have asked for and so much more!!!

Tina
06/21/2014

We were extremely pleased with Sylvan Dales ability to recover from devastating flooding and give us the wedding of our dreams. They were reliable and very easy to work with. We always knew how things were progressing. Ge Moore was an outstanding event coordinator and we had complete faith in her ability to make this an outstanding event. We would with out hesitation recommend this venue.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

We married on horseback on top of Eagle Ridge. The view was spectacular. The staff was very accommodating and made great effort to make our wedding a memorable event. We look forward to returning again.

Caren
09/08/2013

The whole experience at Sylvan Dale was beyond perfect. Thanks to the wonderful staff we didn't have a single hiccup or issue. The setting is beautiful and natural, the people are courteous and professional, and the price was extremely fair. We had an amazing experience for our 20 year renewal and could not have had a more perfect day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch was the perfect location for our wedding. It was private and the perfect size for our wedding. Since the majority of our guests came from outside of Colorado, Sylvan Dale was perfect so that we could have the wedding, the reception, and the lodging all in one location.

Alaina Johnson, the wedding coordinator at Sylvan Dale, was amazing at communicating promptly with us. She even helped up navigate guests to the ranch around a bike race that got scheduled to run past the ranch, closing down the roads on one of the days that many of the guests were traveling to the ranch.

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, we just wish that the storm hadn't rolled through 3 weeks later, flooding the entire venue and destroying an amazing and beautiful place. We will definitely be back to spend our first year anniversary there in August.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We ended up working with Ge, and she made sure our stay along with our guests was what we wanted. We ended up missing the early horse ride, but she was able to still get us in on a private ride for the same day. She kept in contact with us almost on a daily if not weekly basis.

The serving staff were friendly and on top of everything. And they asked questions if something wasn't right. And they stayed on top of things when it came to cutting the cake. They definitely deserve a huge kudos for making sure everyone was served at both the dinner and the reception.

Even the front desk was great, checking in with me to see if I needed Ge when she walked into the office. They answered any questions we had, and if they didn't know the answer, they would promptly find someone that could help us.

07/20/2013

We worked closely with Alaina since January to plan a wedding at Sylvan Dale. It was truly a delight from beginning to end! Alaina was easy and professional to work with and always promptly answered our questions. She met with us a number of times and was always knowledgeable, flexible and prepared. The outdoor wedding site on the river bank and the reception hall was beautifully set up. The food was delicious and attractively presented. Other staff with whom we worked were just as delightful and helpful, especially Sue Buchman.

A few suggestions for the future. First, the dressing room in the Heritage is VERY small and VERY warm. Access to a sink and a window would be a tremendous help. Second, perhaps the wedding party could be allowed access more than 1.5 hours prior to the ceremony to decorate? We wanted to decorate the reception hall with small white lights, however, since we were not allowed in until 1.5 hours before the wedding this would not have been possible. Luckily, the week before the wedding another couple rented the Heritage for the entire day to decorate, and they donated the lights they hung. Alaina arranged for us to use those lights for our reception. If that had not been the case, there would not have been time for us to hang lights. The 1.5 hours includes getting dressed as well as pre-ceremony pics - not leaving much time to decorate. Finally, if there is a way that Sylvan Dale could use a more neutral chair color for seating (i.e. green chairs in the Heritage), it would be a real help. Unless a bride has green in her colors, one must also rent chairs or covers, which does add to the expense.

We have been to Sylvan Dale many times over the last 25 years; we will most certainly continue to come back and will definitely recommend it to others. Many, many guests commented on the wonderful facilities and friendly staff during the wedding and reception. Thank you all so very much for helping Anna and Kevin have the wedding of their dreams!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
1+ year ago

My wife and I were recently married at Sylvan Dale and we couldn't have been more delighted with the staff and facilities. Our sincere thanks to the wonderful staff, especially Alaina the Wedding Coordinator, and Sue and Hannah at the front desk! We had family fly in from Japan and from all over the United States and everyone absolutely loved the ranch. The ranch grounds are absolutely gorgeous, the current website just doesn't do the place justice. My wife and I highly recommend the Sylvan Dale to anyone thinking about a Colorado wedding.

Anna
07/20/2013

Alaina was very helpful and was able to make much of our requests possible. Sylvan Dale was a beautiful place to get married and they set everything up very nicely. The food was delicious! The only hard part was only having an hour and a half to set up. I was unable to be there to help which made it hard however the room is already fairly decorated. The only other complaint is that the room where the men got dressed is small and there is no sink in the room.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved the venue, and the food was great. It's an absolutely beautiful location, and if you're looking for a ranch that is a little more affordable than some others in the area, Sylvan Dale is a great option! The only issues we had were with booking, and we were given some misinformation regarding some of the details of the wedding. This caused some issues for us as we had to find another location for the nights before the wedding. We also weren't able to taste the food prior to the wedding, so I was relieved that the food was good. Most of our issues came with some miscommunication issues with the wedding coordinator, so I would suggest clarifying everything in the initial meeting with her. Other than the issues I listed, our wedding was perfect, and I am so glad we did our wedding at Sylvan Dale!

2.4

Was very disappointment by the extremely rude girl that worked at the front desk. We did not pay this amount of money to have our guests treated that way.

07/06/2013

Alaina and Hanna were wonderful to work with. They were flexible with meetings and arrangements.
The lodging situation as to guest check in and confusion with room reservations were a little stressful, but all worked out in the end.

Kimberly
06/29/2013

Can't say enough great things about Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch as a wedding site! The area is beautiful, the staff, every single person we interacted with, was superb, the food was delicious. A special Thanks to Alaina, our wedding coordinator and her assistant Hannah for taking such good care of us and making the whole wedding flow so smoothly. I highly recommend Sylvan Dale for a true Colorado wedding experience!

4.1

They did a fantastic job accommodating us! I didn't have to stress about a thing because I knew everything was planned well in advance and the staff did an amazing job putting it all together! My only complaint is all the hidden costs...

Lisa
06/09/2013

Sylvan Dale was an amazing venue and the perfect place for our wedding. All of the staff was friendly and helpful and super accommodating to all of our requests. Alaina did a great job making sure everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to stress about anything on my big day. Thank you all so much!!!

Virginia
06/08/2013
4.7

They were very kind and helpful with everything we wanted. They also made planning very simple and were able to accommodate our requests. They were a little pricey but I feel that it was worth the extra cost.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue