Sweet Perfections Bake Shoppe

Sweet Perfections Bake Shoppe

918 N Barstow St.
Waukesha, WI 53186 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes

(4.7 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were awesome from start to finish. The owner, Ken, called after I placed my order to make sure everything was to my liking and to see if I had any additional questions. The cake and pastries was delicious.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Both my husband and I chose Sweet Perfections because we often visit this bakery; I would say once or twice monthly to enjoy a cupcake or other treats. My sister also had her wedding cake provided by this outstanding bakery. My husband and I were so surprised when we were able to see our cakes. Our cake was made with three tiers with fondant leaves cascading down the front. We did not have a cake topper however we had them carve into the top "J+J" which to some maybe strange but it was very meaningful and appropriate for both of us. We wanted somethings different, something others would not have yet uniquely fit us. The cake was also textured which was a wonderful touch. It was great working with Ken (owner) who provided us with suggestions as we determined what type of cake to have. It was fresh tasting, light, and looked amazing certainly worth the money spent. I also ordered a "grooms cake" of my husband's Ford Mustang. They created the cake based on a picture I provided and was so much more than I expected...and he was so surprised and amazed to see it--with no regrets we highly recommend others to try Sweet Perfections!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Overall, we were happy with our cake. It was delicious and was decorated basically how we had envisioned. Ken is very friendly and it is obvious that he takes pride in what he does.

We did have a disagreement over how we could display the cake. Also, there was some miscommunication, both leading up to the wedding and on the day of the wedding when they forgot some of our original requests.

4.5/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The cake was delicious and by far one of the best we've tasted!! They were prompt and it was beautiful. The only thing I would like to be different is if they would be more gracious with their samples - we spent enough money with them I was hoping they would let my mother have samples when she stopped by after our official tasting, but it sounds like it's not their policy.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I love a good cake - and this one was delicious!! We actually signed a contract with another cake vendor in Milwaukee (and paid a deposit). However, when my mom had a cake from Sweet Perfections at my bridal shower, we decided that we had to switch and go with them - it's honestly that good. They were great to work with too!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. We had many comments on how great our wedding cake was. We began our process working with Kate. She did our cake tasting, took all of our information and order, and met with us to take our ribbon that was used for the cake (was supposed to be used). Kate was wonderful to work with. She was very professional and helpful. We never did get to meet Ken in person, but had a couple of phone calls with him and send a couple of emails. Ken was rude and unprofessional. Unfortunately this was the only stressful part of our entire wedding preparation. First he called and said we needed to give him ribbon. I informed him we had. When he found it he said we couldn't use the ribbon we brought in because it was sheer. Ok, understandable that he wanted it to look good, but he was so rude about it. Especially seeing as though we had met with Kate and given her our ribbon and she said it should be fine. Regardless of Ken's unprofessionalism we would recommend Sweet Perfection for the beauty and taste of the cake. Just be prepared to potentially have to deal with a difficult personality.

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

the cupcakes were simply amazing and the lesson 3 or 4 days after the event. they were still moist and just delicious

• Flexibility: 5.0

Ken was a pleasure to work with. We provided him our ideas and a couple pictures and on our wedding day our cake was just as I had pictured. They did a wonderful job! We had a small 2 tier cake for the head table and cupcakes for the quests. The cupcakes were amazing!

• Wedding: 09/06/2013
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After tasting Sweet Perfections at my brother's wedding, I knew Ken's delicious cakes would be hard to beat. Still, since my new husband and I were getting married in Madison, we decided to try some more local bakers in the hopes of saving on transportation costs. Those cakes were good, but when we went back for our tasting with Ken at Sweet Perfections... well, there was just no turning back.

Ken made us a gorgeous cake that was just what we asked for, and we received numerous compliments throughout the night about how great the cake was. My only regret is that I didn't have room for seconds, but I already can't wait to receive my anniversary cake next year!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
Kristen
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We wanted a cake that had a unique flavor and tasted "lux". Sweet Perfections had a LOT of fun flavors to choose from. We went with the Chez Torte in two different flavors - one was the original and one had white cake with chocolate ganache around the cheesecake. Our cake definitely stood out in flavor above the standard wedding cake. We worked with both Ken and Kate throughout our process, and they were both great at communication. I wished they'd had some more creative, less traditional designs, but you can never go wrong with a classic look.

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We do not have enough good things to say about Ken and his bakery!! People are still talking about the cake, unfortunately we only had the bite when we cut it...and we came back from our Honeymoon to find no leftovers. We are excited for our one year anniversary cake!! We could not be happier that we only chose one flavor, no one was lost or confused, our cake was the Sweetheart, if you love strawberries and chocolate, this is the cake for you!! We stop through any time that they are open and we are traveling through just to get some cupcakes! If you are looking for a fresh delicious cake, this is your bakery! On top of the taste, our cake was absolutely beautiful, Ken was a great communicator, letting me know what was needed, color swatch, a small mirror to place my topper on, Sweet Perfections was a pleasure to work with.

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake was even more delicious than I remembered from our tasting. They designed our cake exactly the way we wanted, and even did a perfect color match to my dress. We got a bunch of complements on the cake from our guests, and even though in general we are not "cake people", I am very glad we decided to go with Sweet Perfections.

My only complaint would be that I wish someone had done a quick design touch-up at our venue because part of the design must have been squished in transport.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake was wonderful!! Dan made the experience very comfortable and easy. We were able to choose from several flavors, which made everyone happy. Sweet Perfections also gives you a coupon for a small cake on your first anniversary so that you don't need to freeze the top and try to eat it a year later. I would highly recommend them for any occasion.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Their cake was so awesome we couldn't just pick one! We ended up with 4 different cakes and opted for a dessert table with a spread of French pastries, chocolates, cream puffs, and eclairs too. The guests RAVED about the dessert table. Although the bakery didn't set it up and the vendor had to arrange it, but it turned out perfectly. I loved the creative ideas as we wanted to steer away from traditional.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding cake was beyond perfect. We actually got married about 4 hours away form the bakery but I just HAD to have their cheez torte for my wedding cake and I was bound to find a way to make it happen. Their prices are very good and everyone at my wedding absolutely RAVED about how unique my wedding cake was and how delicious it was. I could not have asked for a better baker to make my dream cake. On my initial consultation I brought in a picture of what design I had in mind and they made it almost an EXACT replica. I couldn't believe it. This place is the place to go for any occasion cake, but especially custom wedding cakes. LOVE LOVE LOVE Sweet Perfections!!!

4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found Sweet Perfections at the Waukesha Bridal Expo in fall 2012. We started the planning process with them 6 months prior to our wedding date and found them to be extremely flexible and helpful. We knew we would have some obstacles for our wedding cake- we needed a cake for a Sunday afternoon wedding and wanted both a small two-tiered cake for us and cupcakes for our guests. Sweet Perfections does all of that! We ordered carrot, chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet cupcakes for our guests- SO many compliments! For our small cake we ordered Sweet Perfections' signature cake- Cheez Torte. It was fantastic!
We worked with Ken Heil- owner, and communication was great via phone. He took the time away from the store front to speak with us about our order. Due to numbers and budget we changed our order three times and he was more than willing to adjust :)
We cannot wait to go back for our one year anniversary cake next June!

• Wedding: 06/30/2013
vanbeckums
262-446-2253
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7