Sweet Pea Designs

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had originally planned to make my own silk flowers and centerpieces for my wedding, but after months of trial and error I still had created nothing I liked. Without much time left until the big day I contacted Laurie and Sweet Pea Designs. We talked a bit over email first and scheduled a consultation. I honestly was not that excited about wedding flowers, they were just "one of those things" you needed for a wedding. The day I met Laurie I was blown away!! She is such a wonderful person, so bubbly and fun and happy- she is genuinely excited for YOU and YOUR wedding. Since I didn't really have any ideas other than color, Laurie helped me choose exactly what flowers to use. I was also at a loss as to what to do for centerpieces- I had one design in mind but wasn't sure how to build on it. Laurie took one look at it and said, "I know JUST what to do." And she DID!! My only disappointment was that I didn't get to actually see her on the wedding day to thank her for the gorgeous flowers (she dropped them off at the venue before I arrived, just as I requested!). So, the first time I saw the bouquets was about 5 minutes before I walked down the aisle- and that was ok because I had totally put my trust in Laurie and I was NOT disappointed in the least! If you are still looking for a wedding florist (or any occasion that needs flowers!), please sit down with Laurie. She makes you feel so special and walking out of her shop I no longer felt like flowers were just "one of those things!" THANK YOU!!!

Sweet Pea Designs responded with the following comments:

Amanda, it was my honor. You made my job so easy! Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laurie was a dream to work with! She did way more than we asked her to do, like even call a friend last minute when we were searching for someone to decorate our wedding cupcakes! Her work was amazing, and the best price around. Not to mention her bubbly personality and sweet demeanor!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laurie was excellent to deal with. She is very creative. I don't know much about flowers, the only direction I gave her was colors. Laurie used her expertise to then create the most beautiful, elegant and unique bouquets. Laurie is energetic and gets just as excited about your wedding as you do. It's obvious that she loves her job and it shows in her work. She made it easy for me (the bride) to work with her. She is awesome!

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauri was a dream from the moment we walked in to meet with her. Her excitement is contagious! She was so full of ideas and plans within 20 minutes of meeting with her. She came through for us and provided impeccable service, an amazing zest for what she does, and of course beautiful arrangements and bouquets. Just love her!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worried, worried, worried up until the day of my wedding about how everything would go. Laurie told me that it would be perfect...and it was! She did our flowers, centerpieces, and coordinated the wedding itself. I never had to worry about a thing...I just had to be the bride :D The flowers were soooo gorgeous. I got so many compliments! I knew what colors that I wanted and she suggested flowers and I told her to just run with it. I had seen her work before and knew that she has an awesome eye. My centerpieces were better than I had imagined them. And...you will love Laurie. She is full of energy and spunk! I highly recommend. You can't go wrong with this one.

• Wedding: 09/04/2011
Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My center peaces for my wedding were absolutely perfect! Laurie did a AMAZING job. She blew my mind away with her ideas and creations. She took all my thoughts and ideas and put it all into one and made my bouquet and center peace look fabulous! I Love everything about them all! thank you so much for being there to make my wedding look absolutely amazing!

• Wedding: 07/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OMG...I cannot say enough good things about Laurie who is the owner of Sweetpea Designs in Lewiston, Maine. I had met with other florists, but NONE compared to Laurie. You can just tell from your initial meeting with her, just how passionate she is about her work. She looked through all of the floral ideas I had brought in (from magazines or printed from the web) and as soon as she finished going through them all, she looked at me and said, "What I am getting from these pictures are that you are looking for something VERY elegant yet simple." I was shocked, she hit the nail right on the head. Her excitement was absolutely what I needed in order to alleviate some of my own stresses about wedding planning. I had so much confidence in Laurie and she pulled through just as I knew she would. It's a wonderful feeling to walk into a business to set up a business deal and wind up leaving there with a wonderful friend for life! About 2 weeks before my wedding, she called just to check up on me & see how I was doing. She said, "I have a small wedding this weekend, but NOW it is ALL ABOUT YOU, so if you have ANY questions, concerns or just need to talk, call me!" 100% recommend SweetPea Designs to any and all planning a wedding. FYI, she JUST relocated her shop to 10 Bobby Street in Lewiston!!!

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The arrangements Laurie provided were just beautiful. She knew exactly what I would like and I could really tell that she was excited to make them for me. My bouquet was also lovely. I had calla lillies, yellow gerber daisies, and lilac colored roses. Laurie is super creative and does work that you can't get just anywhere. It is clear that she puts a lot of thought in to her designs. She also has a delightful personality!

• Wedding: 08/21/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laurie was awesome. She had wonderful advice and great ideas. She absolutely loves her customers.

• Wedding: 08/08/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The most beautiful flowers and the most patient employees!!

• Wedding: 07/31/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved the Arbor...the flowers we fantastic and exactly what we wanted. Everything fit perfectly for an outdoor lakefront wedding.

Kristen and Jan
8-2-2008

• Wedding: 08/02/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laurie is so great! She did the best job on our flowers for the church, reception, and for our cake.

• Wedding: 09/06/2006
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are even thinking of using Laurie of Sweet Pea Designs... do it! I had meetings with several florists over the Lewiston/Auburn area and I'm so glad she was one of them. Not only were her prices the best, but she was the most flexible, personable, and accomodating. She even went above and beyond, and let my mom and I use her studio to make the bouquets (with impressive hospitality the whole time). When we had a last minute scare because our cupcakes weren't going to be decorated for the wedding in time, she called friends of hers to see if they could help. Laurie was amazing to work with, and took initiative to stay in contact leading up to the wedding as well. I can't say enough great things about her! Thank-you Laurie!!!

Sweet Pea Designs responded with the following comments:

I sincerely feel like I have made lifetime friends with this bride and her family. I am truly blessed to be able to get paid to make dreams come true for these awesome women . She worked so hard to make her flowers beautiful. I was just there if she needed me xoxoxo

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Andrea
1 Review
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very energetic and enthusiastic about her job and your wedding. She is very interested in the details of the wedding so she can better meet the needs and style of the wedding! Up with the latest trends which is also helpful! Would use her again for all floral needs!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laurie is the florist you want to hire if you don't want to micro manage. She was fabulous to work with long distance. I sent her a list of flowers I wanted to see included and the colour specs of my wedding palette (as a visual artist I just worked from a palette I knew would go together well) and she knew exactly what to do.
While I wish some of our communications had gone more smoothly (being out of state made it tough) as soon as I let go and trust that she would do a great job, that's exactly what happened. She is an artist in flowers and when you hire an artist you know you're not getting generic 'big box' look. Know what you want, communicate it, and let her run with it!!!!
Originally I had asked for a quote for bouquets, boots, and corsages only but she was so reasonably priced (and had a sliding scale in both directions) that we also got her to make us centerpieces for the tables. And they were great! I carried my bouquet back on the plane with me and would have loved to be able to take the centerpieces too. Some hotel staff got some beautiful flowers that I couldn't take home. lol
I would recommend Sweet Pea Designs any day of the week for any occasion. Lovely lady, lovely flowers. Trust her, she'll do a great job!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
SharonR
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laurie was really great. She has a huge amount of creative energy. I had no idea what I wanted for flowers which is when she works best. We picked a couple of types of flowers and I appreciated that she offered different price points. When one of the flowers was more expensive then expected, she made sure I was ok with that before ordering. My girls and I loved our bouquets and the centerpieces were wonderful.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
207-777-1520
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7