Sweet Pea Designs

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

Sweet Pea Design is a locally owned floral design shop in Lewiston Maine. If you want something other than the cookie cutter carnations for your wedding centerpieces and bouquets then Laurie at Sweet Pea is the one to call. She has done the floral wedding design for my son's wedding and my daughter's wedding both of which included very difficult to find and out of season flowers. Laurie will look at a picture of your dream centerpieces/bouquet and design the exact replica! She is competively priced as she has no everhead because she is set up to work out of the home. Don't let that deter you because her garage has turned into her shop. Best of all she will meet with you as many times as you need. You will be treated like you are one of her own family getting married.

Services Used: Flowers

Fairy tale flowers. Simple + Romantic. Pretty + Sophisticated. Perfect!

Laurie of Sweet Pea Designs is the most unique florist I've ever met. Our flowers were absolutely gorgeous and became such a focal point to our wedding and added so much to our décor and pictures. Laurie created a bridal bouquet that reflected my personality and bridal style perfectly. She is so knowledgeable with flowers and was able to advise me about what flowers would work best for our wedding and on the colors as well while still creating the exact look that I was going for. When you are planning a million things for your wedding day, you want your florist to be able to know you, know what you want and just get it done! Laurie did that!!

Services Used: Flowers, Unique Services (Other)
Boston Kate
05/09/2015

I absolutely LOVED Laurie-Anne! She was a joy to work with - full of so much energy and great ideas! I was very open as to what I wanted - I basically just told her that my colors were purple, silver, and white and that I wanted white tulips - and she took it from there and made everything beautiful! She was easy to get in contact with and very happy to help make my day special. [This sounds like a given, but my wedding was Mother's Day weekend, and a lot of florists I contacted - even almost a year in advance - told me that they would have a hard time doing my wedding since they were so busy for Mother's Day, and I felt very much an afterthought with them. But not with Laurie!]
She even offered to take our painted-but-not-assembled table numbers and assemble them herself, since we wanted them to come up out of the centerpiece flowers - we didn't ask her to do this, she offered - and they turned out great. I was so happy I chose her and would DEFINITELY use her again for anything else I need flowers for.

Services Used: Flowers

I had originally planned to make my own silk flowers and centerpieces for my wedding, but after months of trial and error I still had created nothing I liked. Without much time left until the big day I contacted Laurie and Sweet Pea Designs. We talked a bit over email first and scheduled a consultation. I honestly was not that excited about wedding flowers, they were just "one of those things" you needed for a wedding. The day I met Laurie I was blown away!! She is such a wonderful person, so bubbly and fun and happy- she is genuinely excited for YOU and YOUR wedding. Since I didn't really have any ideas other than color, Laurie helped me choose exactly what flowers to use. I was also at a loss as to what to do for centerpieces- I had one design in mind but wasn't sure how to build on it. Laurie took one look at it and said, "I know JUST what to do." And she DID!! My only disappointment was that I didn't get to actually see her on the wedding day to thank her for the gorgeous flowers (she dropped them off at the venue before I arrived, just as I requested!). So, the first time I saw the bouquets was about 5 minutes before I walked down the aisle- and that was ok because I had totally put my trust in Laurie and I was NOT disappointed in the least! If you are still looking for a wedding florist (or any occasion that needs flowers!), please sit down with Laurie. She makes you feel so special and walking out of her shop I no longer felt like flowers were just "one of those things!" THANK YOU!!!

Sweet Pea Designs responded with the following comments:

Amanda, it was my honor. You made my job so easy! Thank you so much!

Services Used: Flowers

Laurie was a dream to work with! She did way more than we asked her to do, like even call a friend last minute when we were searching for someone to decorate our wedding cupcakes! Her work was amazing, and the best price around. Not to mention her bubbly personality and sweet demeanor!

Services Used: Flowers

Laurie was excellent to deal with. She is very creative. I don't know much about flowers, the only direction I gave her was colors. Laurie used her expertise to then create the most beautiful, elegant and unique bouquets. Laurie is energetic and gets just as excited about your wedding as you do. It's obvious that she loves her job and it shows in her work. She made it easy for me (the bride) to work with her. She is awesome!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Lauri was a dream from the moment we walked in to meet with her. Her excitement is contagious! She was so full of ideas and plans within 20 minutes of meeting with her. She came through for us and provided impeccable service, an amazing zest for what she does, and of course beautiful arrangements and bouquets. Just love her!!

Services Used: Flowers

I worried, worried, worried up until the day of my wedding about how everything would go. Laurie told me that it would be perfect...and it was! She did our flowers, centerpieces, and coordinated the wedding itself. I never had to worry about a thing...I just had to be the bride :D The flowers were soooo gorgeous. I got so many compliments! I knew what colors that I wanted and she suggested flowers and I told her to just run with it. I had seen her work before and knew that she has an awesome eye. My centerpieces were better than I had imagined them. And...you will love Laurie. She is full of energy and spunk! I highly recommend. You can't go wrong with this one.

Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning

My center peaces for my wedding were absolutely perfect! Laurie did a AMAZING job. She blew my mind away with her ideas and creations. She took all my thoughts and ideas and put it all into one and made my bouquet and center peace look fabulous! I Love everything about them all! thank you so much for being there to make my wedding look absolutely amazing!

Services Used: Flowers

OMG...I cannot say enough good things about Laurie who is the owner of Sweetpea Designs in Lewiston, Maine. I had met with other florists, but NONE compared to Laurie. You can just tell from your initial meeting with her, just how passionate she is about her work. She looked through all of the floral ideas I had brought in (from magazines or printed from the web) and as soon as she finished going through them all, she looked at me and said, "What I am getting from these pictures are that you are looking for something VERY elegant yet simple." I was shocked, she hit the nail right on the head. Her excitement was absolutely what I needed in order to alleviate some of my own stresses about wedding planning. I had so much confidence in Laurie and she pulled through just as I knew she would. It's a wonderful feeling to walk into a business to set up a business deal and wind up leaving there with a wonderful friend for life! About 2 weeks before my wedding, she called just to check up on me & see how I was doing. She said, "I have a small wedding this weekend, but NOW it is ALL ABOUT YOU, so if you have ANY questions, concerns or just need to talk, call me!" 100% recommend SweetPea Designs to any and all planning a wedding. FYI, she JUST relocated her shop to 10 Bobby Street in Lewiston!!!

Services Used: Flowers

The arrangements Laurie provided were just beautiful. She knew exactly what I would like and I could really tell that she was excited to make them for me. My bouquet was also lovely. I had calla lillies, yellow gerber daisies, and lilac colored roses. Laurie is super creative and does work that you can't get just anywhere. It is clear that she puts a lot of thought in to her designs. She also has a delightful personality!

Services Used: Flowers

Laurie was awesome. She had wonderful advice and great ideas. She absolutely loves her customers.

Services Used: Flowers

The most beautiful flowers and the most patient employees!!

Services Used: Flowers

We loved the Arbor...the flowers we fantastic and exactly what we wanted. Everything fit perfectly for an outdoor lakefront wedding.

Kristen and Jan
8-2-2008

Services Used: Flowers

Laurie is so great! She did the best job on our flowers for the church, reception, and for our cake.

Andrea
1 Review
05/10/2014

If you are even thinking of using Laurie of Sweet Pea Designs... do it! I had meetings with several florists over the Lewiston/Auburn area and I'm so glad she was one of them. Not only were her prices the best, but she was the most flexible, personable, and accomodating. She even went above and beyond, and let my mom and I use her studio to make the bouquets (with impressive hospitality the whole time). When we had a last minute scare because our cupcakes weren't going to be decorated for the wedding in time, she called friends of hers to see if they could help. Laurie was amazing to work with, and took initiative to stay in contact leading up to the wedding as well. I can't say enough great things about her! Thank-you Laurie!!!

Sweet Pea Designs responded with the following comments:

I sincerely feel like I have made lifetime friends with this bride and her family. I am truly blessed to be able to get paid to make dreams come true for these awesome women . She worked so hard to make her flowers beautiful. I was just there if she needed me xoxoxo