Susie's Cakes

Flexibility
4.7
Cynthia
11/16/2014

The wedding cake was beautiful. We tried several bakeries and she had the best tasting cakes.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We loved our cake from Susie's and so did all of our guests! Susie is very kind and helped us find the perfect flavors for our cakes. We did the Almond and Raspberry for the bride's cake and German Chocolate for the groom's cake and enjoyed them both! The bakery is a little far for those of us who prefer to stay in the loop, but worth the drive.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had our wedding at the Houstonian, so our cake was included as part of our package. My review is based on the final product and our interaction with Susie - both which were top notch.

For our tasting, Susie was prepared, asked the right questions to get a sense of what we wanted and had everything ready for us. It was a very seamless and delicious process. I brought in pictures which helped the process along.

Leading up to the wedding, she was on top of things connecting with me, the venue and my wedding planner regarding logistics, which I always appreciate versus having to chase people for confirmation or details.

The cake was beautiful, the stand she used was perfect for the look of our wedding, and everyone raved about the taste.

Cassi
10/25/2014

Best cake I've ever tasted, raves from guest all night! Beautiful work!

Marilyn
07/12/2014

The cake was spectacular and delicious. Susie is a joy to work with. She gave us a Brookwood discount. We highly recommend Susie!!!

Bobbi
05/31/2014

All of guests could not stop raving about the cake. It was beautiful and delicious.

Megan
05/24/2014

Susie did both our wedding cake and grooms cake. Both were EXCELLENT and beautiful!!!! We got so many compliments on both, but especially the chocolate grooms cake. Susie is the only one I know that does an oval tiered wedding cake. Would recommend Susie to everyone!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was beautiful AND delicious! Our guests raved about it. Susie was very helpful and pleasant to work with

Taylor
05/10/2014

We LOVED Susie! She is a ball of energy that wants to do nothing but make your wedding day absolutely perfect! All of the cakes that we tried were TO DIE FOR! They were so good! We had Susie make both our wedding cake and grooms cake and both of them looked amazing! Susie exceeded our expectations of what we thought our cakes would look like and we loved them. She's amazing!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I couldn't have imagined anyone else making our cakes for our wedding, from the taste to the look, Susie's cakes is simply the best!!! Can't count the amount of compliments we received! Susie is a really sweet lady and was so easy to work with! Couldn't recommend her more highly. My twin sister just got married last weekend and she used Susie's as well after she saw and tasted how wonderful her cakes are! I wish I could give her more than 5 stars!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake and grooms cake were so beautiful and tasted amazing!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We used Susie's Cakes for our wedding cakes. They were delicious! We did a spice cake for the groom cake and everyone is still raving about it! Susie meets with you personally for a tasting where you select your designs & flavors. I would definitely use Susie's in the future! Delish!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

A great tasting AND beautiful wedding cake is hard to come by. At least, that was my experience before I tasted SUSIE'S CAKES! OMG! Her cakes are moist, which is where most Bride's cakes fail. Susie consistently creates the most beautiful and tasty cakes around. I cannot wait to order another cake from her! And, I am not going to wait for a wedding...I'm thinking birthday or for the holidays!! YUM!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Susie's Cakes were recommended to me by a friend who had attended close to 15 weddings over a short time span as one of the top two choices from those weddings. We met with Susie, sampled her cakes and were sold as our first choice. She has such variety in the choices she offers and was willing to let the bride and groom get creative for the groom's cake. The bride loved having multiple flavors for each layer of the brides cake and guests talked about the cakes weeks after the wedding.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake from Susie was beautiful and she delivered to Galveston. The color we had discussed previously was perfect - I was kind of nervous about that becuause I wanted a very light blush pink and didn't see it before the big day. She nailed the color! Her cakes are moist and the buttercream delicious. One of my bridesmaids had a cake made by Susie for her wedding and I couldn't wait to have it for mine. We selected the almond and milk chocolate flavors. She even lets you borrow a cake stand for a deposit that she gives back after the wedding. The only issue was that we had a friend who returned the cake stand when we left for our honeymoon. It was my understanding that that he would receive the anniversary cake at that time, but whoever he dealt with (not Susie) said he needed an appointment to pick it up. I called when I returned from my honeymoon and they said it had been thrown away as nobody ever came to get it. I'm not exactly sure what the miscommunication was, but Susie quickly solved it by agreeing to make me an another anniversary cake a year from now.

Private User
1+ year ago

Susie did an amazing job on our wedding and groom's cake. It not only tasted absolutely incredible, it was also the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen! She is so talented and can create any design you want. All of our guests have commented on how great the cake looked and tasted, and they are still talking about how amazing it was! I would highly recommend using her for any wedding or event!