Sunset Mobile Music
"San Diego's DJ Entertainment Since 1980!"
San Diego, CA 92019

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 4 Reviews
A good DJ is one of the most important pieces to a grand wedding, so my then fiancé (now husband) and I met with three DJs to find the perfect one. After meeting with Dominic we knew that his personality, professionalism, and experience were unmatched to the competition. He blew them all out of the water!

We knew we had a tricky venue when it came to sound and our entertainment, but Dominic was well prepared and a pleasure to work with! He always got back to us quickly and he complimented and accommodated for our MC, and live musician.

Overall, great experience, and great person!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our daughter & son-in-law chose Dominic (Sunset Mobile Music) for their beautiful wedding and reception in Carlsbad on June 7. Dominic was with us all day. He provided great sound and music for their beachfront ceremony and also did a fantastic job with being DJ, music and lighting for every aspect of the wedding well into the night. Everyone enjoyed all the music and dancing! Dominic did a great job and has a warm and wonderful personality. Thank you for making Katie & Andrew's music so special. I know it was a magical day and evening for all of us.
Barbara & Bill Waldock (Parents of the Bride)

Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dominic is so great. He met us in person a few months before the wedding to get a feel for what we needed from him. The day of the wedding he was on time and dressed appropriately. He made sure to check in with us before everything, and kept our wedding on track. Always upbeat, played a great mix of music, and the dance floor was packed the whole night! Thanks Dominic!
Wedding: 05/31/2014

Colin 2 Reviews
We had our wedding at Karl Strauss in Sorrento Mesa (San Diego, CA) and Sunset Mobile Music is their go to for DJ service. We can see why.. Their website is very easy to use for setting up your event, they got every song we wanted, if they did not have it they acquired it. A few days before the wedding our assigned DJ called us to double check we had everything we wanted and if their was any other questions we had.

The day of the even our DJ - Victor did a wonderful job helping keep the wedding moving along, shuffling the songs we picked, and filling in the gaps for parts of the wedding we did not pick songs for. He was also very personal with us and the guests enjoyed speaking to him.

The Microphone for our officiant was at a perfect volume and clear.

Great job service!
Wedding: 05/24/2014

Nadia 4 Reviews
Dominic was the best DJ I have ever worked with. He was extremely professional and a ton of fun! So many of my guests loved the selection of music he played as well as his interaction with the crowd. So glad he was a part of making my fairy tale dream wedding come true.
Wedding: 05/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have known Dominic and his wife for over 5 years in a professional capacity so when it came time for my wedding I decided to use Sunset Mobile as my DJ service. I am so so glad that we did! Dominic is so easy going and professional, and the website he uses makes planning so easy. The price is such a great deal for the value you get! Dominic was very professional and played exactly the type of music that we wanted. When I wanted to have certain songs added the day of and even extend my reception another hour, he was very flexible. All of the guests thought the music played was the best they had ever heard at a wedding! I would absolutely recommend Sunset Mobile to anyone looking for a DJ and already have.
Wedding: 04/19/2014
Services Used: Ceremony Music

Sarah 2 Reviews
Dominic was awesome!!! He played the music we asked for and played the requests from our guests. He kept the energy up and everyone on the dance floor. We had such an awesome and fun wedding - it was just as we hoped for! Dominic was very helpful and was so nice to work with. We we're extremely happy with him!
Wedding: 02/22/2014

Annie 1 Reviews
Dominic was an awesome DJ at our wedding! My husband and I knew it when we met him, that his bright and energetic personality was exactly what we wanted to get our party going. We asked him tons of questions and he was always very prompt with answering our questions through email. Also, he was flexible to meet with us when we wanted to go over the really important things. A friend at work referred Dominic to me because he was the DJ at one of our friends wedding and he did other parties for a couple other friends. On the day of our wedding, we found out that my oldest brother had worked for Dominic almost 15 years ago and that he was the DJ at my husbands aunt's wedding. It was fun to celebrate our families coming together and see them enjoy a little trip down memory lane. Through meetings and emails, it seems like Dominic really got to know us and he truly felt like family to us at our wedding! We would definitely refer him to others and will keep him in mind for any of our future events!!!
Wedding: 02/08/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
Dominic was beyond amazing! Not only did he take charge and made me feel as though I had nothing to worry about, but you could also tell he absolutely loves his job, which makes all the differnce in the world.
I have recommended him to all of my family and close friends.
He accommodates any needs I had, such as my nephew playing his guitar as I walked down the aisle, which made the who ceremony that much more personal.
The wedding was perfect and we all danced the night away!!
Thank you!!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot compliment Dominic enough. He was friendly, professional, sincere...etc!! Great experience, great execution and awesome value!
Wedding: 09/14/2013
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Whitney 5 Reviews
When shopping for a DJ they were so expensive. Sunset Mobile had very reasonable prices. 2 coworkers used Sunset Mobile so I booked them too! I was supposed to have the owner as my DJ and learned the day of when I got to the reception that it was not him, but rather his staff. Definitely dissappointed me. His staff did great, only 2 hiccups but they were easily fixed, but the fact I never got an email or phone call about the switch...nor has he followed up with me after the wedding (and I've written him) needless to say I'm disapppointed in that. I work in the event industry and lack of communication is far worse than being honest about having to make changes or fessing up to your errors.
Wedding: 09/01/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Miranda was awesome! She played all the music we love, and was so caring and happy for being there. The wedding was perfectly put together and the music played a big part of it.
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  1.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
............................................................................................
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dominic at Sunset Mobile was a joy to work with. As amny of you know planning a wedding is stressful and it is hard to know what your going to get when you start hiring peopel to provide a service at your wedding. Dominic was prompt, professional and totally available to answer questions I had throughout the process. Domininc showed up on time the day of the wedding, set up for the ceremony and helped direct the events of the night. He was charismatic, flexible with change and totally made our night seamless. For those of you looking for a DJ for your wedding, I highly recommend Sunset Mobile. Having a good DJ that knows the flow and order of weddings, who can make annoucements as to when certain things are going to happen, and is able to read the crowd to ensure everyone has a good time is crucial to making it a good night.
Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Full five stars around for these guys! I had my wedding venue at the San Diego Maritime Museum and Sunset came highly recommended by the management team there. Dominic and Frank were great through the entire process. They were very patient and understanding as we were swamped with multi-tasking wedding plans and didn’t get to our song list until the week of. Dominic and Frank made sure everything was setup perfectly, they provided awesome up lighting matching our colors and Frank’s MC skills were perfect throughout the evening. I would highly recommend Sunset Mobile DJ for any event and definitely plan on using their services next time I need a DJ. Thanks guys, Ryan & Katie
Wedding: 04/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dominic was fantastic!! His service before, during and after the event was great. He played everything we asked for and had great energy during the event.
Wedding: 09/25/2011
 619-462-1401
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire