Sunset Mobile Music

Sunset Mobile Music

Favorite
San Diego, CA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

Great service with the flexibility of making selections online before they partner you with the perfect MC & DJ.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer
1 Review
Recently Married

I am not sure where to start because there is so much I want to say! Jason at Sunset Mobile Music is amazing!

We recently got married in San Diego and Jason was our DJ. He did a wonderful job at the ceremony, and there was never a dull moment at the reception. I feel like a lot of weddings can be very "run of the mill" and impersonal because I think a lot of times to vendors its just another day, another job. Jason definitely personalized my event from start to finish. I couldn't be more happy with the way everything turned out.

On top of our actual wedding day being fabulous, Dominic the owner of Sunset Mobile Music met with us when we would come into town to go over our details with us. He was very professional and knows how to run his business with class (he should Sunset Mobile Music has been around since 1983). :))))

I highly suggest using them for your next big event. I have spoken to a handful of DJ's in San Diego before finding Sunset Mobile Music and I was not impressed! Sunset Mobile Music/Jason/Dominic is the best in town! :)))

Thank you Sunset Mobile Music for making our big day so memorable.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
1 person found this review helpful

Dominick and his team have been wonderful. My only issue has been that the website to organize the event day isn't available in a mobile format, and we could only list 20 song on the must play list. and everything else we had wanted had to go on the possible play list. Our event was going for over 6 hrs.
Everything else, has been great. the communication, the team work and the relief Dominick has provided to us confirming all of our information and reiterating he will be there.

1 Review
2.0

My initial correspondence with Dominic was great. We even met at a local coffee shop and went over my vision and expectations for my wedding. After our meeting, I booked and paid the deposit for his services, a full 6 months in advance. The month of my wedding, I receive a final bill that has a different DJ's name on it for the event. I email Dominic asking if he was still going to be the DJ and he said that he would be doing the event AND would a new assistant with him. In preparation for the evening, I ordered food for both him and his assistant through my caterer. When I arrive at my wedding, I find a DJ I have never met before and Dominic is nowhere to be found. The DJ he sent was satisfactory, but was not a good fit for our wedding. We had a few issues as a result including: transitions during the intro and the mothers dance as he kept playing the "intro" song too long, all of the pre-requested songs listed on our form were not played and the song selected for the mother dance was played incorrectly before the mother dance and then again. My day-of coordinator told me the DJ was difficult to work with. She said he wa

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Hi Dominic,

I want to thank you again for making our wedding such a fun and wonderful experience. You have been exceptional, I really mean it. Everyone had blast!

Your willingness to work with our last minute cuts certainly alleviated much of my stress. I also appreciated your warm and welcoming personality.

Several of our guests have upcoming weddings of their own and expressed interests in booking you. We have provided them with your contact info as well as our overwhelming recommendation based on our great experience.

Services Used: DJ

Dominic was a great vendor for our wedding! He was fun and lively with our guests at the reception and really got the party going! He also did our ceremony and his advice and feedback were so valuable. We highly recommend him for any party or event!

Services Used: DJ

We are very happy with the job Sunset Mobile Music did for our wedding ceremony and reception on the Berkeley ferryboat at the San Diego Maritime Museum! I communicated with Dominic by phone and email, and he was always very responsive and informative. We filled out the online form, and a few days before the wedding, we met with our assigned DJ, Joe. It was great to meet him so we could chat about what "vibe" we wanted for our party. He encouraged us to add more songs to our list, and not to be afraid we were taking away his creativity, he wanted to do what WE wanted! I also had a relative singing and playing guitar at the ceremony and Dominic and Joe made sure she had the correct mics and hookups for her gear.

The reception was great and Joe was very open to requests from our friends and family. He really went with the "flow" of the party and tried to read the crowd, while sticking strictly to our "do not play" list! One of my friends requested a song I had banned and he told her he needed my approval first before he would play it....I liked that! And I did look over to the DJ corner a few times to see Joe dancing and rockin' out himself, which I loved!

It was a great party and a very professional, organized group to work with. Thank you to Joe and Dominic!

3.6

We had Dominic through our venue, Karl Strauss Brewery, he is the owner and the company is contracted with them for events. Dominic is super nice, attentive when you're right in front of him but he seems very busy. We were a little disappointed with the wrong version of songs being played during our ceremony, nobody but my wife and I noticed, but still not the point. Also seemed like his DJing method were a little too rigid, we had filled out a form of types of music we wanted with a few must plays and felt that he tried too hard to 'check off' and play what we had listed to the detriment of the people dancing. Just wished he felt the crowd more.
We actually would recommend him to others, they just need to be a little more assertive than we were and definitely be super explicit that having people dancing is priority over having certain song played.

1 person found this review helpful

Dominic was a joy to work with and he truly made the party come to life! We had a great feeling about him from the very first time we met him and he really delivered beyond our expectation! He also made the entire experience extremely stress free which was especially invaluable during the day-of but also throughout the planning process (he went out of his way to meet with us and he was very punctual - something we both appreciated very much).

Scott
08/23/2014

Ended up with sunset mobile as our wedding DJ through our venue, but feel like we lucked out. Their website was very helpful for picking out songs for all the various stages of the reception, and Victor was really on the ball. Found us as the reception was starting up to make sure he understood our thoughts, and did a great job to keep all of our guests happy, which is always a challenge with the wide age ranges. Overall was very happy and would recommend as a good option!

1+ year ago

A good DJ is one of the most important pieces to a grand wedding, so my then fiancé (now husband) and I met with three DJs to find the perfect one. After meeting with Dominic we knew that his personality, professionalism, and experience were unmatched to the competition. He blew them all out of the water!

We knew we had a tricky venue when it came to sound and our entertainment, but Dominic was well prepared and a pleasure to work with! He always got back to us quickly and he complimented and accommodated for our MC, and live musician.

Overall, great experience, and great person!

Services Used: DJ

Our daughter & son-in-law chose Dominic (Sunset Mobile Music) for their beautiful wedding and reception in Carlsbad on June 7. Dominic was with us all day. He provided great sound and music for their beachfront ceremony and also did a fantastic job with being DJ, music and lighting for every aspect of the wedding well into the night. Everyone enjoyed all the music and dancing! Dominic did a great job and has a warm and wonderful personality. Thank you for making Katie & Andrew's music so special. I know it was a magical day and evening for all of us.
Barbara & Bill Waldock (Parents of the Bride)

Services Used: DJ

Dominic is so great. He met us in person a few months before the wedding to get a feel for what we needed from him. The day of the wedding he was on time and dressed appropriately. He made sure to check in with us before everything, and kept our wedding on track. Always upbeat, played a great mix of music, and the dance floor was packed the whole night! Thanks Dominic!

Colin
05/24/2014

We had our wedding at Karl Strauss in Sorrento Mesa (San Diego, CA) and Sunset Mobile Music is their go to for DJ service. We can see why.. Their website is very easy to use for setting up your event, they got every song we wanted, if they did not have it they acquired it. A few days before the wedding our assigned DJ called us to double check we had everything we wanted and if their was any other questions we had.

The day of the even our DJ - Victor did a wonderful job helping keep the wedding moving along, shuffling the songs we picked, and filling in the gaps for parts of the wedding we did not pick songs for. He was also very personal with us and the guests enjoyed speaking to him.

The Microphone for our officiant was at a perfect volume and clear.

Great job service!

Nadia
05/22/2014

Dominic was the best DJ I have ever worked with. He was extremely professional and a ton of fun! So many of my guests loved the selection of music he played as well as his interaction with the crowd. So glad he was a part of making my fairy tale dream wedding come true.

Services Used: DJ

I have known Dominic and his wife for over 5 years in a professional capacity so when it came time for my wedding I decided to use Sunset Mobile as my DJ service. I am so so glad that we did! Dominic is so easy going and professional, and the website he uses makes planning so easy. The price is such a great deal for the value you get! Dominic was very professional and played exactly the type of music that we wanted. When I wanted to have certain songs added the day of and even extend my reception another hour, he was very flexible. All of the guests thought the music played was the best they had ever heard at a wedding! I would absolutely recommend Sunset Mobile to anyone looking for a DJ and already have.

Services Used: Ceremony Music