Sunset Mobile Music

Sunset Mobile Music

San diego, CA
619.462.1401
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
4.7
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Dominic was a great vendor for our wedding! He was fun and lively with our guests at the reception and really got the party going! He also did our ceremony and his advice and feedback were so valuable. We highly recommend him for any party or event!

3.6

We had Dominic through our venue, Karl Strauss Brewery, he is the owner and the company is contracted with them for events. Dominic is super nice, attentive when you're right in front of him but he seems very busy. We were a little disappointed with the wrong version of songs being played during our ceremony, nobody but my wife and I noticed, but still not the point. Also seemed like his DJing method were a little too rigid, we had filled out a form of types of music we wanted with a few must plays and felt that he tried too hard to 'check off' and play what we had listed to the detriment of the people dancing. Just wished he felt the crowd more.
We actually would recommend him to others, they just need to be a little more assertive than we were and definitely be super explicit that having people dancing is priority over having certain song played.

Services Used: DJ

Dominic was a joy to work with and he truly made the party come to life! We had a great feeling about him from the very first time we met him and he really delivered beyond our expectation! He also made the entire experience extremely stress free which was especially invaluable during the day-of but also throughout the planning process (he went out of his way to meet with us and he was very punctual - something we both appreciated very much).

Scott
08/23/2014

Ended up with sunset mobile as our wedding DJ through our venue, but feel like we lucked out. Their website was very helpful for picking out songs for all the various stages of the reception, and Victor was really on the ball. Found us as the reception was starting up to make sure he understood our thoughts, and did a great job to keep all of our guests happy, which is always a challenge with the wide age ranges. Overall was very happy and would recommend as a good option!

Recently Married

A good DJ is one of the most important pieces to a grand wedding, so my then fiancé (now husband) and I met with three DJs to find the perfect one. After meeting with Dominic we knew that his personality, professionalism, and experience were unmatched to the competition. He blew them all out of the water!

We knew we had a tricky venue when it came to sound and our entertainment, but Dominic was well prepared and a pleasure to work with! He always got back to us quickly and he complimented and accommodated for our MC, and live musician.

Overall, great experience, and great person!

Services Used: DJ

Our daughter & son-in-law chose Dominic (Sunset Mobile Music) for their beautiful wedding and reception in Carlsbad on June 7. Dominic was with us all day. He provided great sound and music for their beachfront ceremony and also did a fantastic job with being DJ, music and lighting for every aspect of the wedding well into the night. Everyone enjoyed all the music and dancing! Dominic did a great job and has a warm and wonderful personality. Thank you for making Katie & Andrew's music so special. I know it was a magical day and evening for all of us.
Barbara & Bill Waldock (Parents of the Bride)

Services Used: DJ

Dominic is so great. He met us in person a few months before the wedding to get a feel for what we needed from him. The day of the wedding he was on time and dressed appropriately. He made sure to check in with us before everything, and kept our wedding on track. Always upbeat, played a great mix of music, and the dance floor was packed the whole night! Thanks Dominic!

Colin
05/24/2014

We had our wedding at Karl Strauss in Sorrento Mesa (San Diego, CA) and Sunset Mobile Music is their go to for DJ service. We can see why.. Their website is very easy to use for setting up your event, they got every song we wanted, if they did not have it they acquired it. A few days before the wedding our assigned DJ called us to double check we had everything we wanted and if their was any other questions we had.

The day of the even our DJ - Victor did a wonderful job helping keep the wedding moving along, shuffling the songs we picked, and filling in the gaps for parts of the wedding we did not pick songs for. He was also very personal with us and the guests enjoyed speaking to him.

The Microphone for our officiant was at a perfect volume and clear.

Great job service!

Nadia
05/22/2014

Dominic was the best DJ I have ever worked with. He was extremely professional and a ton of fun! So many of my guests loved the selection of music he played as well as his interaction with the crowd. So glad he was a part of making my fairy tale dream wedding come true.

Services Used: DJ

I have known Dominic and his wife for over 5 years in a professional capacity so when it came time for my wedding I decided to use Sunset Mobile as my DJ service. I am so so glad that we did! Dominic is so easy going and professional, and the website he uses makes planning so easy. The price is such a great deal for the value you get! Dominic was very professional and played exactly the type of music that we wanted. When I wanted to have certain songs added the day of and even extend my reception another hour, he was very flexible. All of the guests thought the music played was the best they had ever heard at a wedding! I would absolutely recommend Sunset Mobile to anyone looking for a DJ and already have.

Services Used: Ceremony Music
Sarah
02/22/2014

Dominic was awesome!!! He played the music we asked for and played the requests from our guests. He kept the energy up and everyone on the dance floor. We had such an awesome and fun wedding - it was just as we hoped for! Dominic was very helpful and was so nice to work with. We we're extremely happy with him!

Annie
02/08/2014

Dominic was an awesome DJ at our wedding! My husband and I knew it when we met him, that his bright and energetic personality was exactly what we wanted to get our party going. We asked him tons of questions and he was always very prompt with answering our questions through email. Also, he was flexible to meet with us when we wanted to go over the really important things. A friend at work referred Dominic to me because he was the DJ at one of our friends wedding and he did other parties for a couple other friends. On the day of our wedding, we found out that my oldest brother had worked for Dominic almost 15 years ago and that he was the DJ at my husbands aunt's wedding. It was fun to celebrate our families coming together and see them enjoy a little trip down memory lane. Through meetings and emails, it seems like Dominic really got to know us and he truly felt like family to us at our wedding! We would definitely refer him to others and will keep him in mind for any of our future events!!!

Recently Married

Dominic was beyond amazing! Not only did he take charge and made me feel as though I had nothing to worry about, but you could also tell he absolutely loves his job, which makes all the differnce in the world.
I have recommended him to all of my family and close friends.
He accommodates any needs I had, such as my nephew playing his guitar as I walked down the aisle, which made the who ceremony that much more personal.
The wedding was perfect and we all danced the night away!!
Thank you!!

Services Used: DJ

I cannot compliment Dominic enough. He was friendly, professional, sincere...etc!! Great experience, great execution and awesome value!

Whitney
09/01/2013
4.3

When shopping for a DJ they were so expensive. Sunset Mobile had very reasonable prices. 2 coworkers used Sunset Mobile so I booked them too! I was supposed to have the owner as my DJ and learned the day of when I got to the reception that it was not him, but rather his staff. Definitely dissappointed me. His staff did great, only 2 hiccups but they were easily fixed, but the fact I never got an email or phone call about the switch...nor has he followed up with me after the wedding (and I've written him) needless to say I'm disapppointed in that. I work in the event industry and lack of communication is far worse than being honest about having to make changes or fessing up to your errors.

1+ year ago

Miranda was awesome! She played all the music we love, and was so caring and happy for being there. The wedding was perfectly put together and the music played a big part of it.