SugarBakers Cakes

SugarBakers Cakes

Serving Maryland and Washington DC Wedding Cakes Too Pretty to Eat, Too Good Not to!

752 Frederick Road
Catonsville, MD 21228 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The BEST cake I have ever had in my entire life! I will dream about my cake, it was unbelievably good! They have been voted number one for a reason, it doesn't get any better.

• Wedding: 10/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot even begin to explain how I felt, or what my face looked like upon walking into our reception and seeing our cake for the first time - it was beautiful! It was absolutely everything we couldve asked for. To be able to go into the cake consultation all those months before the wedding and explain our vision - and to be able to see it in final cake form the day of the wedding - it was magical! Not to mention delicious!

As an out-of-town bride, SugarBakers was extremely accommodating upon setting up our cake tasting and consultation, and easy corresponding with. All of their cake flavors were amazing - but we went with their signature award-winning flavor (amaretto with raspberry filling), and their yellow with strawberry creme filling, with the fluffy german buttercream. All of our guests LOVED the cake and raved about how good it was!

We are so thrilled that we went with SugarBakers, and they certainly lived up to their name and their reputation as one of the best cake companies in Maryland! We highly recommend them to ANYONE looking to get a cake for their wedding, or any other event!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My cake was beautiful and tasted even better!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My cake was amazing! I said from the day I got engaged that if nothing went right at my wedding the cake needed to be damn good and SugarBakers nailed it! When planning out our cake they made helpful suggestions to help us cut cost but get all of our guest fed. Thank you for everything our cake was delicious!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Sydne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our Wedding cake was made by SugarBakers. It was included in our contract through Classic Catering at the Lord Baltimore and we were extremely happy with the way the cake looked and tasted! Our guests said it was the best cake they have had. We provided Sugar Bakers with a picture of the cake we wanted and they did exactly what we asked for. Highly recommended!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have a huge sweet tooth; but cake has always been a hit or miss for me. Something about the frosting and the cake itself. When I have attended weddings in the past the frosting is too sugary and the cake has been dry. It tastes like it was made just to be looked at. This could not be further from the truth for SugarBakers!!! Our cake has been talked about by all our friends and family! Prior to being cut it looked like a piece of art; I almost didn't want to cut into it! But afterwards; Oh my goodness am I glad that I did! We got 2 different flavors, their signature one; Amaretto and Red Velvet. The Amaretto was to die for and was my personal favorite. The frosting was light and buttery; not overwhelmingly sweet. The cake was so moist and in between each layer was a raspberry filling that mixed the berry and almond-e taste together just perfectly! We had some left over and I kept it in the fridge and even 1 1/2 weeks after our wedding the cake tasted as good as the day we cut into it! I've heard of people saying that 1 year after their wedding the top part of their cake was awful- I am looking forward to tasting ours; because I KNOW it will be just as good as our first bite!!!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SugarBakers did an amazing job on our wedding cake. We were so happy with how it looked and tasted! We got many compliments!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was perfect! It was beautiful and delicious. It was designed just as we had planned and everyone loved it!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My cake looked amazing! It was hard to believe that it could taste as good as it looked...but it did.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Patricia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thanks to Sugar Bakers for the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake - you have exceeded my expectations - and a special shout out to Joanne who helped coordinate last minute details as well as suggestions. I thank you for your professionalism and willingness to work with us down to the last minute. I certainly plan to enlist your services again in the future - our four tiered wedding cake was simply amazing!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They did a wonderful job with our wedding cake and grooms cake. The cakes looked amazing and tasted even better.

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was priced on the higher side but was fantastic. It was wedding cake that could actually be enjoyed. It is far better than your standard wedding cake.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

i walked into sugarbakers the day before my wedding and they crafted a small simple cake that was absolutely stunning! It tasted wonderful too!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I would highly recommend Sugar Bakers Cakes. My husband and I went for a taste test and the staff was extremely accommodating. We had the chance to taste a piece of about ten different flavors and we also got to taste three different icing. The woman we met with took us through an entire book of cakes and was able to answer all of our questions. We even got to take home two whole pieces of the flavor cake we chose. Also, we don't have to freeze our wedding cake. We get a fresh anniversary cake for our one year anniversary. I was afraid the cost of Sugar Bakers would be high but it was surprisingly around the same price of other bakeries I found, however; Sugar Bakers was way more delicious!

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After a small tasting plate, my husband and I knew we found our wedding cake vendor! All the delicious combinations. Our cake was only two tiers so we opted for lemon and a cannoli for the chocolate lovers. The cake was decadent without being overly sweet. Sugarbakers staff we're able to decipher what I wanted over the phone and also make suggestions as to what would look good. Can't wait to go back for our anniversary cake. Yes, a fresh anniversary cake is included and you don't have to freeze your own! Gorgeous and tasty!! I received many compliments on the cake.

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was amazing! The design was gorgeous and the cake was delicious! We were able to pick two different flavors so that made it exciting for the guests.

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
410-788-9478
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7