Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We met with Steve in person in May, 2014, and since the DJ we requested no longer worked for Steve Moody, he offered to do our reception free of the up-charge. However, he later found out the same day that he was already booked. He notified my right away (on Memorial Day!) that he was unavailable and suggested one of the other DJs and upgraded our package for the same price. We considered changing DJ groups altogether but admired Steve's willingness to admit the mistake and work with us to make our day great. Lori kept us updated and organized. Their planning website helped tremendously.

We are so happy we decided to stick with Steve Moody Entertainment and chose Matt Spence as our Wedding DJ. Steve (another one) came with him and helped out tremendously with set up and lighting/keeping things going. They succeeded at getting even some of our laziest/less fun guests on the dance floor. They played most of my requests and others that came up. Matt also alerted me of any suspicious song requests and we really appreciated the fact he cared what we thought and he checked up on us (but not too often) during the evening as well as kept us on track with cake cutting/special songs. Andrew and I can happily say that this is the most either of us danced in our lives and numerous guests commented on how wonderful it was to see a bride and groom actually dance as much as we did during the reception. Matt had a relaxing but fun attitude and kept in good contact with us before the day - making sure to go over all our details and requests.

I would highly recommend them to any young couple planning their wedding/reception. They will get people on your dance floor and will play your requests and won't act all corny/fake or make the day about them (unless, of course, you ask them to :)!)

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Just a quick note to say thank you for taking the time to send in your review. Your comments are a huge help to other couples that are currently in their decision making process.

I just knew you would have a great time with Matt! Great MC, Great DJ and just a great Guy all the way around. Though I am sorry that I was not able to personally be with your both on your wedding day I knew in my heart he would be a great fit for you.

When I realized that I was not personally open to perform and suggested Matt, I was unsure if you would still entrust your big day to us...and I can't thank you enough from the bottom of my heart that you did. I have always tried my hardest to be as open and transparent as possible with all of our couples... as I am a firm believer of "what goes around comes around". LOL

Truly appreciate that you weighed your options and put your trust in us.... and that you were so happy with the outcome. All the best to both of you! - STEVE

Services Used: DJ

Kevin did an awesome job - we couldn't have asked for a better DJ. The dance floor was packed all evening and everyone had a great time. I was very impressed about how he kept us in the loop as to what was happening. I'd highly recommend him to anyone I knew that needed a DJ.

The photo booth was a huge hit also and the attendant was great.

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Kathi! Kevin told us that it was an amazing evening. We just knew that you would have a great time with him as he really loves what he does. Kevin said that you both picked some really fun songs and that he just filled in the gaps once he saw what everyone was dancing too. We all love to see a full dance floor!

Also glad that you enjoyed the photobooth. It has been a huge hit for us. We really did a ton of research before purchasing a photobooth ...and after checking several dozen manufactures we felt that this particular one offered our clients the absolute best. Super fast printing (so no long lines), bright vibrant colors on the strips.... and the ability to adjust the size of the booth depending on the size of the room. Everyone LOVES closing that curtain and getting silly for the camera.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts here for us. We wish you both all the best as you blend your families together and start a new chapter in your lives. - Lori Moody

Services Used: Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Megan
04/25/2015

Steve Moody is a one of a kind, genuine, and amazing DJ/MC! We were looking for a DJ that not only provided us with the type of music we wanted for our wedding, but to give us and our guests an experience. I am pleased to say, Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection provided us with exactly that! We had a fun-packed, high intensity, non-stop dancing wedding! All of my guests IMMEDIATELY were on the dance floor, including my 93 year old grandmother and we never stopped under Steve said “This is the last song”. Steve kept everyone entertained and most importantly he was by our sides checking in to make sure everything was on schedule. ALL of our guests are still raving about how amazing Steve was and ask me “How long have you known him” because he felt like a family member by the time our wedding was over! Steve and his wife Lori were very easy to contact and were there if we had any questions or concerns, especially the week of the wedding. We really enjoyed their online services and forms, which made it very easy for us to tell them exactly what we were looking for on our wedding day. We also got the photobooth (with photobooth props!), up lighting, and our names on the dance floor lighting! The venue space popped with all the special lighting and our guests barely left the photobooth, other than to dance on the dance floor! Steve made our wedding that much better and we couldn’t imagine it without him! Thanks Steve and Lori!!

Private User
Recently Married

I can't recommend Steve Moody highly enough. From the moment I spoke to him on the phone to the first time my husband and I met with him to wishing him farewell after the reception, Steve was nothing but fun and professional. He and his assistant DJ Pump DJ'ed and hosted our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception this past spring and guests are still talking about how much fun they had. During the entire planning process he was one of the most accessible and responsive vendors, which you'll learn (if not know already) is a rarity. Worried that DJs didn't have experience with same sex weddings we were skeptical going into the process, but after posing a few questions and potential scenarios Steve quelled all our fears. He instantly got everyone dancing as promised and was able to integrate our seemingly different families effortlessly. His music choices were great and he was more than accommodating when I asked him to make some day of changes to the song selections. He was prepared for anything and handled the last minute requests like a pro. He was sensitive to all our needs and never over stepped any boundaries or made anyone feel uncomfortable. He introduced the wedding party, speakers, musicians, and family members by name and had practiced to assure correct pronunciation, which I thought was very considerate. Not to mention, he's just a nice guy. It's clear from the beginning that his priority is making your event one to remember and simply wants everyone to have a great time, which is precisely what he did. Thanks again Steve!

Private User
Recently Married

Steve Moody is incredible!! Our wedding was so much fun because of him!! The dance floor was never empty. Steve was so helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. He answered all of our questions and really went above and beyond. We received so many compliments from guests about Steve and the music. Steve did an amazing job as serving as our master of ceremonies. He did an amazing job of keeping us on schedule as well as helping my new husband and I find time to dance with our guests. Steve Moody is the way to go!!

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Oh my goodness what nice things to say! If you weren't able to tell....Steve probably had as much fun as you all did. Ha ha ha!

He LOVES what he does. Honestly, seeing everyone dancing and having a great time is what he lives for. He truly personally invests himself into every wedding that he does. He's done well over 1700 weddings at this point and still goes at it full speed ahead.

Thank you so much for your review and thanks for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day. We hope that you have lots of great memories for years to come. Please stay in touch. - Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

My husband and I had set a date for June and planned on inviting all of our friends and family. When my grandmother passed away in the fall, she was in so much debt from medical expenses that it no longer seemed fair or financially responsible to keep the guest list at 150 people. In October, we made the call to move the wedding to early January 2015 and cut the guest list to 25. We were worried that our vendors we already booked with wouldn't be able to make the change in their books and that we would lose the deposit.

However, Steve personally offered to be our DJ for this evening. Throughout the coming months we would hear from Steve and his wife Lori consistently to check in, update us on the schedule, ask us about our vision, and so forth. Their website allows you to see an estimate of costs (which WILL NOT CHANGE with any surprises!) and plan your wedding song by song. Complete transparency was one of the reasons we booked Steve Moody.

On our wedding day, my husband and I anticipated no dancing due to the small size of our crowd. I am not exaggerating when I say that Steve had EVERYONE up out of their seats at one point - even our grandmothers! We couldn't believe that our shy families were up having a blast. He played the country songs we requested and even agreed to play back-to-back AC/DC songs for my father and uncle who are total goofs.

Finally, Steve and Lori are very sweet people. We looked at them as friends, not our vendors. They are incredibly warm and you can see the passion they have for their work. My husband and I are so grateful to them for being there and helping to make our wedding day the absolute best day of our lives. Thank you, Steve!

Services Used: DJ

Fantastic, Fun and Fabulous! Steve will get your party rockin and Rollin! We had a blast with the photo booth too. Awesome DJ and staff !

Services Used: DJ

I have been officiating weddings for 16 years, so I know there are so many professionals out there who are really good at what they do. I also knew that certain dates fill up quickly, and because of that, we started planning our wedding two years in advance. The first vendor we contacted was our DJ Steve Moody. We didn’t even have a venue yet, but we both knew we wanted Steve. I had worked with Steve over the years at numerous weddings. He is a fabulous DJ and MC. He has a great voice and knows how to get the people involved and out onto the dance floor, and he knows music. He’s been doing weddings for a long time, so he knows what the sequence of events should be - and he’s seen it all! When I started working with Steve for my own wedding, he made it so easy. He was so responsive & he just has a knack for understanding how far you want him to go with everything. Along with his knack for understanding what you want...... he understands what everyone else wants. He watches the crowd and plays to them. That is so important because you want your guests to have a good time. Steve’s website is set up so that you can add all your personal picks and information you want him to have. It walks you through the entire event. I felt so relieved because I knew Steve would be able to handle the crowd and keep the party going. Next to my dress, Steve Moody was the best thing about my wedding! I was not ready to have the night end, but all the guests had great things to say about Steve. Everyone had such a great time! Oh, and I should also mention his photo booth. He has some of the best props around. Everyone raved over that aspect of the wedding. I have so many great photos of all my guests goofing off.

Services Used: DJ

Jim Baker was our DJ during our wedding celebration. He was great! He called the week of our wedding to go over all the details and make sure nothing major had changed! He played a great variety of music and was attentive to all our requests. Would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a fun and professional DJ service!

Services Used: DJ

My wife and I used Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection and chose DJ Matt Spence for our wedding reception. He absolutely knocked it out of the park with his set. People were literally on the dance floor between salad and dinner being served. He honored all of our requests that we went over during a phone call over a week before the wedding and kept the party going the entire night. Awesome service and responsiveness from Matt and Steve Moody the entire time.

Services Used: DJ

The Best!! Really!! Steve Moody, is an entertainer and has a gift to know when it is time to do a slow song and when it is time to pick it up. He kept the wedding running on the time frame we set out and kept everyone happy. So many of our guest told us the DJ made the wedding fun.

Thanks Steve, you are the best!

Services Used: DJ

Steve Moody is the DJ to have! He is extremely personable and knows how to keep everyone having a good time. He talks to your venue to make sure they have the same timeline and he announces when it's time to do the cake cutting and things like that so everyone knows what is happening and when. We had several guests complement how great he was. He left a positive impression with everyone there. I would highly recommend Steve Moody!

Lindsay
1 Review
10/11/2014

DJ Jim Baker arrived early and played all night! It was a great party and everyone was dancing! We were able to be in contact before the wedding and the whole team responds quickly to emails!
Love Steve Moody Entertainment!

Services Used: DJ

Really wanted Steve Moody as I had been to two of his weddings! He was booked and assigned us Jim Baker who was great! Early and easy to contact, people dances all night!

Services Used: DJ

Steve Moody and his team made my wedding day one of the best days of my life! Months before the big day, Steve would send me emails about helpful tips, wedding checklists, and reminders. A few weeks before the wedding, he called me to let me know that my music was picked out and ready to go. He asked if I had any questions or concerns. At the reception, I was able to relax because Steve had everything under control. Before doing anything on my itinerary, he came to me and my husband to let us know what was next. We had a blast dancing all night, and it is all because of Steve and his team! My friends and family still compliment me on how fun my reception was. Steve takes your dream reception and makes it reality. If you let him DJ at your reception, you will not be disappointed!!!

Services Used: DJ

After hearing about Steve Moody through a former bride and doing a lot of research through the internet, I was confident I had found the perfect DJ for our wedding. Now that the big day has passed, I can't imagine having anyone other than Steve at our wedding.

From the very first phone call and email, working with Steve and Lori was an absolute pleasure. They respond to you and address your questions and concerns in under 24 hours. After making a decision to move forward, the contracts show up in the mail within days. They had no problem responding to my "anxiety driven" emails in the final days before the wedding. The online form was an excellent tool to ensure we had given Steve all the information he needed in advance of our big day. It was a huge relief to find that his questions were as detailed as I was. (I admit, I was a very type A bride)

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and EASY. Steve greeted the the wedding party after cocktail hour and put us all at ease. Steve constantly checked in with my husband and I during the event, to ensure we were happy with the flow of the evening . He took care of everything! He worked seamlessly with our venue and made all the necessary announcements that we didn't even think of. Although he handles thousands of weddings, he made us feel as if we were his only Bride and Groom. We selected a few songs, but really let Steve do his job-we were not disappointed. Our dance floor was packed as soon as the dance floor opened up. He played a great mix that pleased everyone. Steve has such a great personality and great energy. Steve's love for his job was evident as he engaged with our guests! We received so many compliments and our guests didn't want to leave at the end of the evening! We hope to work with Steve in the future!