Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

At the last minute I had to change my bridal processional song because we only ended up needing a shorter version, not a longer version as I had thought. After talking with Steve and our on-site DJ, Kevin, we were able to have the shorter song and crop it. Now, we did this on a whim, not really knowing if it would be long enough, short enough, etc. and guess what - IT WAS PERFECT!!! The songs that were played were all the ones we requested and more. Kevin knew exactly what songs fit in with the crowd and with the requests. The uplighting was beautiful, and at first was the wrong color, but it was actually a good thing because after the cocktail hour is when we had them changed so it was a visual change from "light and cheerful" to "now its time to get down". The only complaint I had was that it was a little loud since the space was all hard surfaces and the sound bounced, but many people came up to me and said this was one of the best weddings they've been to in a long time. Thanks for making our evening so memorable and for being so flexible. Top notch vendor in my book!!!

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Leanna, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on our WeddingWire page. Kevin raved about the fun that everyone had at your reception and we're so thankful that you allowed us to be a part of it.

You have brought up some great points in your review... that I think really showcase the talent of the team that we have assembled here at SMEC.

Yes, last minute changes occur from time to time. As with any special event...things can happen. What we're so proud of........ is that we have capable team members that are able to quickly assess and adjust as needed. In this particular case Kevin was able to help out in changing the music around and editing it for your ceremony just a few minutes before it began. Other times larger issues may occur and this is where our experience pays off. Though it's great to have a plan in advance...it's also great to know that we've got folks here that are able to roll with the punches. LOL

I think that your review is also a great example of how eager our team members are to please our clients. We tell all of our couples never to by shy with us...we want them to have their reception EXACTLY the way that they have envisioned it. Honestly, whether it's a quick adjustment to the color of the lights, or keeping the music at the volume that our clients want...we have no ego...we just want everyone to be happy and more than just satisfied with their experience with us.

These little things only take a split second to adjust and we're happy to make any alterations. In a nutshell.....We love to hear your guest say that it was one of the best weddings that they have ever attended....and we're proud to have been a part of creating that experience. Thank you again! Steve and the Team at SMEC.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

As I sit here reflecting on my daughter's wedding this past weekend I can't help but think about one of the people who helped me pull it off. Now it goes without saying that Steve Moody Entertainment is the best hands-down you could ever ask for at your wedding.. But when at our wedding we had a minor glitch while I was at the ceremony (the AC stopped working) Steve had my back.... while my dear friend was stuck in traffic and busy with the AC man Steve was multitasking lighting candles filling drink containers and making sure everything was perfect when we got there.... He met me at the door told me the AC man had it covered and that we were going to have a magnificent evening..... and YES we did. Anybody can play music at a wedding but only the best truly take care of you. Steve and his team are the best!!! I truly feel blessed to call him my friend.

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Sloan, Thank you so much for taking the time to put your thoughts down. I had such a wonderful time with all of your family and friends. It has truly been my pleasure to get to know you and your family better during this special time.

I told you it was going to be great! LOL This just goes to show... even with all of the advanced planning in the world...there can still be little things here and there that don't fall into place. There are certain things that are totally out of our control... the only thing that we have control of our reactions to these tiny glitches.

I could not have been happier to lend a hand here and there where needed. I tell couples all the time that my whole goal is that by the end of the night...I wanted them walking out the door feeling like it was the best night of their lives. I will always do WHATEVER I have to do to make it happen.

You all kept your smiles, I kept all of the special events flowing and everything just fell into place. Lots of great memories created on this special day. Much love from our family to yours!

Audrey
06/12/2015

We loved having Steve as our DJ! We were in constant communication even up to the night before the wedding when I requested a microphone at the last minute :) He added a personal touch throughout the reception with our song requests and provided up-lighting for our ballroom as well.
A few of our guests said that our wedding was the most fun they've had since their own wedding! We danced the night away and had an amazing time!

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Audrey - Thanks so much for taking a few moments to leave such a kind review. We had such a great time with you and your weddings guests. Patrick that had assisted me that night said several times that guests had come up to complement us. It is such a great feeling knowing that we were able to make your reception so much fun for everyone. We love to help create amazing memories.

The uplighitng really did look beautiful... even just a tiny a bit of accent lighting makes such a huge difference in any ballroom. Thank you again for your kind words and for allowing us to be a part of such a special day night.

Tracy
06/05/2015

I could go on and on about what a pleasure it was to work with Steve and Lori Moody and their staff.....but there isn't enough room. I will try to keep it brief: from the moment we met Steve and Lori at a Bridal Show, I knew that I wanted to work with them. We originally contracted with them for their photo booth, and by the time our wedding date rolled around, we had signed up for their Ultimate Awestruck package as well. Best decision I have ever made. Steve and Lori are experienced professionals that make you feel like friends throughout the process. Everyone at our reception remarked to me what a great 'flow' our party had, and that photo booth was full ALL NIGHT LONG. The most important decision you will make when planning your wedding and reception is who will photograph it, but the next most important is the entertainment. Please trust me when I tell you that I did my research so you don't have to......Steve Moody entertainment is the real deal. Hiring these folks is a guarantee that your guests will tell you that your reception is the most fun they have ever had at a wedding, just like mine did. Thanks Steve and Lori!!

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Tracy, we are so glad that we have gotten to know you over the past few months. It has truly been a pleasure reading your Facebook posts on your wedding. I have actually laughed out loud on several occasions at the things that you have written. You are such a fun out going person and I just knew we were all going to have such a good time together.

We go out of our way to try to connect with our clients, especially through Social Media. Obviously, some clients are more private...but for those that allow us to get to know them the way we have you ...the wedding becomes just that much more special all around. The connection that we made with you in advance of your wedding really helped bring everything to greater heights on the day of your reception. No doubt about it.

I always tell our couples that ...yes, we are working for them...but I also want them to feel like they have a friend by their side through the entire process...and beyond.

All the best to you and your family as you begin this new chapter!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Favors & Gifts
Recently Married

Steve was exactly what we wanted. He was able provide the exact music that we wanted for the wedding ceremony. If there was anything we wanted, Steve followed through.

Recently Married

This is an email my parents sent Steve & Lori after our wedding. We loved having Steve! Highly recommend him - he was truly fantastic! ...
"Dear Lori, Please let Steve know how much everyone of our guests enjoyed his special touch to our wedding reception last Sunday, May 24th. With an out-of-state wedding, and 3,000mi separating all the decisions we had to make, while the details were enormous to handle --- we appreciated his very professional, energetic approach with all of our guests. He seemed the perfect fit for our group! We received many compliments as well as the smooth way he worked with our Irish band musicians. With so many children at the reception, we weren't sure how it was all going to play-out, he never seemed frustrated with the little ones, even when one of the two-year olds tried to steal the show by dancing a solo performance. Smashing evening. Too bad it was so short! We could have gone another hour, no doubt. Good job. Let him know personally. Thanks again, in case we didn't let him know how wonderful he really was."

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such kind thoughts! I am not kidding you when I say that I had as much fun as everyone else at your reception. It was the perfect mix of elegance and fun all wrapped together.

I totally loved working with the Irish Band. It's been quite a long time since I have worked with anyone else like that..... and really enjoyed getting to know them, working together and also listening to their awesome music. We made a great connection and I hope to help spread their name and work with them again in the future.

We try so hard to make wedding planning EASY! Though we ask a lot of questions on our forms...it allows us to know exactly how couples want their reception to play out. This way we know all of the details in advance and don't have to bother anyone on the day of their wedding. We love for you guys just to relax and have fun with your family and friends. Going in with a solid game plan makes all the difference in the world.

Your guests were sooooooo energetic and ready to have fun. Totally my kinda party. I felt like all I had to do was MC the special activities and play the great music you asked for. They did all the rest. Absolutely no work on my end. I love seeing a full dance floor and watching everyone's faces light up when they hear their favorite songs. Sometimes I have to work really hard to get people up and out of their chairs (which I don't mind at all) but it was very nice to see it all happen on it's own.

So grateful that you gave me the honor or working with and for you on your special day. Wish you both and your families all the best on this new journey together! - Steve Moody

Services Used: DJ

There are not enough positive adjectives in the dictionary to describe our experience with Steve Moody. His slogan says it all, "Your requests will be played. Your dance floor will be packed. And your DJ will be fun, classy, and reliable". Our dance floor was more than full from the first song to the last and even though I am a bit shy I couldn't pull myself away saying "I LOVE this song!" with each new tune. He even went out of his way to help my mother when she had some technical difficulty getting her surprise slideshow to work. Basically, we are really happy and appreciative clients!

Jessica and Marc
05/10/2015

Steve and Lori were a pleasure to work with as we started the wedding planning process. They were very thorough to ensure we had the experience we hoped for. Our wedding day was perfect and Steve was a huge part of this special day that we'll never forget.

Recently Married

There are no enough stars on this review!! Steve Moody was AMAZING!!!! We couldn't have picked a better DJ! Steve made the whole process so easy and you can tell he is just an amazing guy! You couldn't have done anything more to make our day so special.

Alicia
05/02/2015

AMAZING!!!! We used Steve Moody for our daughter's wedding at Silver Swan. He is the most professional and personable individual we could have hoped for. He was a wonderful Master of Ceremonies throughout the evening. His ability to keep the guests engaged and dancing was phenomenal! His planning guide made it easy to plan music for the entire event. We cannot thank him enough!

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Just wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time to write! Patrick and I had an amazing time with you and your family. Silver Swan is one our absolute favorite venues to perform.

Honestly, when guests first begin to arrive the ambiance really starts to get everyone's foot in the right direction for a great party. Its a beautiful venue, great food and helpful staff....so once we get to the part where we're ready to open the dance floor...everyone is already in the right mood.

I totally and completely love what I do for a living.... and am so pleased that we were able to create a fun and memorable day for everyone involved. Wishing both of your families all the best in the future. - Fondly, Steve

Services Used: DJ

Matt Spencer and company were awesome. They had the vibe of the night and the dance floor was never empty. Steve Moody's services are top notch just like his DJ's. They helped make our wedding an absolutely memorable event and the best party!

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Jonna - Thank you so much! Matt told us what a great night everyone had. We just knew you would have an awesome time with him. He always conducts himself as a professional while still being personable with all the guests. He's been with us for years and still loves every event like it's the first one. We love to see filled dance floors, big smiles and lots of laughs. Hope that you keep us in mind for any future special events with your family and friends. Cheers - Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection.

Services Used: DJ

We met with Steve in person in May, 2014, and since the DJ we requested no longer worked for Steve Moody, he offered to do our reception free of the up-charge. However, he later found out the same day that he was already booked. He notified my right away (on Memorial Day!) that he was unavailable and suggested one of the other DJs and upgraded our package for the same price. We considered changing DJ groups altogether but admired Steve's willingness to admit the mistake and work with us to make our day great. Lori kept us updated and organized. Their planning website helped tremendously.

We are so happy we decided to stick with Steve Moody Entertainment and chose Matt Spence as our Wedding DJ. Steve (another one) came with him and helped out tremendously with set up and lighting/keeping things going. They succeeded at getting even some of our laziest/less fun guests on the dance floor. They played most of my requests and others that came up. Matt also alerted me of any suspicious song requests and we really appreciated the fact he cared what we thought and he checked up on us (but not too often) during the evening as well as kept us on track with cake cutting/special songs. Andrew and I can happily say that this is the most either of us danced in our lives and numerous guests commented on how wonderful it was to see a bride and groom actually dance as much as we did during the reception. Matt had a relaxing but fun attitude and kept in good contact with us before the day - making sure to go over all our details and requests.

I would highly recommend them to any young couple planning their wedding/reception. They will get people on your dance floor and will play your requests and won't act all corny/fake or make the day about them (unless, of course, you ask them to :)!)

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Just a quick note to say thank you for taking the time to send in your review. Your comments are a huge help to other couples that are currently in their decision making process.

I just knew you would have a great time with Matt! Great MC, Great DJ and just a great Guy all the way around. Though I am sorry that I was not able to personally be with your both on your wedding day I knew in my heart he would be a great fit for you.

When I realized that I was not personally open to perform and suggested Matt, I was unsure if you would still entrust your big day to us...and I can't thank you enough from the bottom of my heart that you did. I have always tried my hardest to be as open and transparent as possible with all of our couples... as I am a firm believer of "what goes around comes around". LOL

Truly appreciate that you weighed your options and put your trust in us.... and that you were so happy with the outcome. All the best to both of you! - STEVE

Services Used: DJ

Kevin did an awesome job - we couldn't have asked for a better DJ. The dance floor was packed all evening and everyone had a great time. I was very impressed about how he kept us in the loop as to what was happening. I'd highly recommend him to anyone I knew that needed a DJ.

The photo booth was a huge hit also and the attendant was great.

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Kathi! Kevin told us that it was an amazing evening. We just knew that you would have a great time with him as he really loves what he does. Kevin said that you both picked some really fun songs and that he just filled in the gaps once he saw what everyone was dancing too. We all love to see a full dance floor!

Also glad that you enjoyed the photobooth. It has been a huge hit for us. We really did a ton of research before purchasing a photobooth ...and after checking several dozen manufactures we felt that this particular one offered our clients the absolute best. Super fast printing (so no long lines), bright vibrant colors on the strips.... and the ability to adjust the size of the booth depending on the size of the room. Everyone LOVES closing that curtain and getting silly for the camera.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts here for us. We wish you both all the best as you blend your families together and start a new chapter in your lives. - Lori Moody

Services Used: Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Recently Married

I can't recommend Steve Moody highly enough. From the moment I spoke to him on the phone to the first time my husband and I met with him to wishing him farewell after the reception, Steve was nothing but fun and professional. He and his assistant DJ Pump DJ'ed and hosted our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception this past spring and guests are still talking about how much fun they had. During the entire planning process he was one of the most accessible and responsive vendors, which you'll learn (if not know already) is a rarity. Worried that DJs didn't have experience with same sex weddings we were skeptical going into the process, but after posing a few questions and potential scenarios Steve quelled all our fears. He instantly got everyone dancing as promised and was able to integrate our seemingly different families effortlessly. His music choices were great and he was more than accommodating when I asked him to make some day of changes to the song selections. He was prepared for anything and handled the last minute requests like a pro. He was sensitive to all our needs and never over stepped any boundaries or made anyone feel uncomfortable. He introduced the wedding party, speakers, musicians, and family members by name and had practiced to assure correct pronunciation, which I thought was very considerate. Not to mention, he's just a nice guy. It's clear from the beginning that his priority is making your event one to remember and simply wants everyone to have a great time, which is precisely what he did. Thanks again Steve!

Recently Married

Steve Moody is incredible!! Our wedding was so much fun because of him!! The dance floor was never empty. Steve was so helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. He answered all of our questions and really went above and beyond. We received so many compliments from guests about Steve and the music. Steve did an amazing job as serving as our master of ceremonies. He did an amazing job of keeping us on schedule as well as helping my new husband and I find time to dance with our guests. Steve Moody is the way to go!!

Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection responded with the following comments:

Oh my goodness what nice things to say! If you weren't able to tell....Steve probably had as much fun as you all did. Ha ha ha!

He LOVES what he does. Honestly, seeing everyone dancing and having a great time is what he lives for. He truly personally invests himself into every wedding that he does. He's done well over 1700 weddings at this point and still goes at it full speed ahead.

Thank you so much for your review and thanks for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day. We hope that you have lots of great memories for years to come. Please stay in touch. - Steve Moody's Entertainment Connection

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

My husband and I had set a date for June and planned on inviting all of our friends and family. When my grandmother passed away in the fall, she was in so much debt from medical expenses that it no longer seemed fair or financially responsible to keep the guest list at 150 people. In October, we made the call to move the wedding to early January 2015 and cut the guest list to 25. We were worried that our vendors we already booked with wouldn't be able to make the change in their books and that we would lose the deposit.

However, Steve personally offered to be our DJ for this evening. Throughout the coming months we would hear from Steve and his wife Lori consistently to check in, update us on the schedule, ask us about our vision, and so forth. Their website allows you to see an estimate of costs (which WILL NOT CHANGE with any surprises!) and plan your wedding song by song. Complete transparency was one of the reasons we booked Steve Moody.

On our wedding day, my husband and I anticipated no dancing due to the small size of our crowd. I am not exaggerating when I say that Steve had EVERYONE up out of their seats at one point - even our grandmothers! We couldn't believe that our shy families were up having a blast. He played the country songs we requested and even agreed to play back-to-back AC/DC songs for my father and uncle who are total goofs.

Finally, Steve and Lori are very sweet people. We looked at them as friends, not our vendors. They are incredibly warm and you can see the passion they have for their work. My husband and I are so grateful to them for being there and helping to make our wedding day the absolute best day of our lives. Thank you, Steve!