Stanley House Mansion

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Kathy, Lloyd, and the staff at The Stanley House helped insure my wedding day was beautiful, well organized, and proceeded exactly as I had planned. Ms. Rebecca is a wonderful chef and her breakfast was delightful. Kathy and Lloyd accommodated changes throughout the weekend easily from room changes to special dietary needs at breakfast. My family and I spent three days and had four rooms which were well appointed with old Victorian charm. The staff at the Stanley House were friendly and made you feel at home during a potentially stressful event, I will definitely be returning.

Recently Married

My wife and I were recently married at The Stanley House in Marietta. We searched at least 10 venues and the 11th and final venue we checked was the Stanley House. Everybody else was so much more expensive. When Cathy said that our 100 guest wedding price was under $5,000, we were simply amazed. And that included a beautiful, historic, 1895 circa Queen Anne Victorian mansion built by President Woodrow Wilson’s family, the ceremony, reception, wedding cake, flowers, catered meal, soft drinks, professional photographer, planning meeting and on-site coordinator…all taken care of by Cathy. Yes, the same person that Melissa said in a review, and I quote, “she should have gone into a different line of work.” I would like to say that Melissa should be ashamed of herself for defaming Cathy’s character. Cathy is the first person we met when we visited the Stanley House for the first time. She immediately set me at ease. She is very knowledgeable of the wedding business, plus she presented a lot of ideas to make our event more memorable. Not only that, but she also conducted our planning meeting and was there when we did our rehearsal the night before. Not only that, but she conducted and coordinated our entire 100 guest wedding in June and it went flawlessly. Major kudos to all the vendors that made our wedding great. Cathy did not deserve the horrible language leveled by MELLISSA.

Recently Married

We looked at several places to hold our wedding and chose The Stanley House. We discovered that The Stanley House had won The Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award for the past 4 years. We liked the location and the services they provided to make our day the best it could be. From the first contact for information to the booking of the facility it couldn't have been any better. We got expert, professional service at a price we could afford. We dealt with the owner (Cathy) and that was good because we felt that we were dealing with the top and not some employee who just gets paid a commission They even provided the officiant (Lloyd - Cathy's husband) and it couldn't have been any better. They provided all the catering including the wedding cake and flowers and it was perfect. The facility and grounds were clean and set up well. They provided a bar tender and setups and a DJ (Ron) was fabulous as well. The long and short is that I hope to have a renewal of vows and will use the same venue. If you have plans or know anyone who might need a place The Stanley House in Marietta is the best.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We were married Easter Sunday in the beautiful courtyard at the Stanley House. It was a pleasure working with Meg throughout the planning process, rehearsal and on our wedding day. She did an amazing job! Her whole staff did a great job, and it was a pleasure having Joseph as our bartender. God bless all of you for making our wedding day so beautiful and special.

1 person found this review helpful

I want to say "thank-you" to Meg, the Stanley House wedding planner and coordinator, and her staff on the superb job that all of you did for my daughter's wedding. The Stanley House was beautifully decorated, the staff was so pleasant and attentive, and the food delicious! Hopefully, we three parental couples didn't add too much stress to Meg's work day. I especially appreciated Meg's calm demeanor; her guidance proved to make this special day run so smoothly. I will take small credit for finding your establishment on the internet here in California and passing it on to my daughter, Laura, to consider. The result---a lovely beginning to a long, happy life together! As it turned out, this home was also the venue for a wedding in Mac's family (an aunt) years ago. How cool is that?
Meg, may you continue to find joy in the work you do so well.

1 person found this review helpful

My fiancé (now husband) and I chose The Stanley House after attempting to plan an entire wedding on our own. We read several reviews and booked the venue sight unseen. It was one of the best decisions we made.
From the beginning, Cathy and Meg made the process a smooth one. When we had an opportunity to visit the house, we were able to see the historic home in person. The location is also a bed and breakfast and is a great option for visiting relatives. They offer discounted rooms if you have family or if you want to stay. There are a few options for the wedding and reception locations within or outside the home. Having a March wedding, we decided to have both the ceremony and reception indoors.
We took photos in front of the home and a few in Marietta square. The scenery is great and we had the advantage of spring blooms!
Meg was the coordinator for all of the details and she was there the day of as well. Planning with her was a breeze! We corresponded via email and sometimes phone calls. There was also a comprehensive planning meeting that covered any questions that I had. After the meeting I had a few more items to take care of myself and Meg made sure that everything was handled from there.
We had a small wedding of about 40 guests but the venue can handle much more. We were all in the large front room and still had room for dancing.
Lisa helped with the rehearsal and on the day of and she was a great help with getting the details right.
By the time I came down the stairs for my grand entrance I had no concerns and I was able to enjoy the evening.
We did not use the photographer as I had a relative that handled that. We also did not use the cake vendor so I cannot comment on those. However, the food was catered by Williamson Bros BBQ which is right in Marietta.
I highly recommend the Stanley House Inn for your intimate wedding, we truly enjoyed our day!

Greetings from Paris!
What can we say? We were so grateful we had our wedding and celebration at the Stanley House Mansion.
The event was magical and fun! The House is a special place, creating a romantic backdrop for the ceremony and festivities. It is yards away from historical downtown Marietta, which provided entertainment for the out-of-towners who came to visit.
Most of all, Meg and the crew were perfect from the planning phase to the final day, offering support, organization and honest, positive input. We always felt reassured in the process (which can be stressful.) The Night itself went without a hitch.
After the party we had opted to stay the night and our room was fantastic! The next morning we were welcomed with a gourmet breakfast before we whisked ourselves off to Europe for honeymoon.
We would absolutely recommend the Stanley House Mansion for a ceremony and reception venue. It was very special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our daughter's wedding at the Stanley House was a wonderful experience! Absolutely amazed with the venue, vendors and staff. They went above and beyond to make sure every detail was perfection. Our guests were all abuzz over this beautiful venue! We had the ceremony and reception inside and it all went off without a hitch. Thank you Meg and staff for a terrific day! Our daughter and her new husband will never forget how you all made them feel so special on their wedding day and neither will we! Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the Stanley House are there with you from start to finish. They provide amazing service and helped me so much as I planned the wedding. You can tell that they have been doing this for a long time, since they brought many things I hadn't even thought of to my attention.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

As the mother of the bride I want everyone to know what a wonderful experience we had with Meg, the wedding coordinator, at the Stanley House! We have been telling everyone how much we loved Stanley House and her staff. Thank you so much for everything. We had so many people comment on how beautiful the house is, how the food and cake was so delicious and how friendly and accommodating Meg was. You have the perfect recipe for a perfect day! Thank you again for everything.

Recently Married

My Husband and I married and honeymooned here at the Stanley House, it was beautiful. It's perfect for a small and fancy wedding, we didn't have much guests and wanted a beautiful place to have it. The best day of my life was organized and stress free because they practically did it all for me. I definitely recommend this place to anybody who is getting married soon because it is a great place to make beautiful memories!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Thank you so much for everything! My wedding was amazing and I had a great stay the night before! Meg was so helpful with everything! I couldn't have imagined a better venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were seeking a second wedding venue for an intimate ceremony. The price point for Stanley House with their elopement package was exactly what we were looking for, as well as the fact that details such as florist, cake, and photographer were handled for us. The decorations for Christmas added a special touch, and both sets of parents were able to stay at the Stanley House prior to the wedding. We could not be more pleased with the way the day unfolded, as we felt that there was nothing about the day itself we would change. Greatly appreciated that we were able to focus on us and our families and all the other details were handled for us. Many thanks to Meg and team for a lovely day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at the Stanley House Mansion on December 20th. Words don't do justice to how perfect everything was. As soon as we walked into the house for the first time, we were greeted by Meg, the wedding coordinator. She gave us a tour, painted a picture of what our wedding day would be like and walked us through every detail and every step for the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. We knew immediately that this was where we wanted to be married. Due to it being the holiday season, the house was BEAUTIFULLY decorated for Christmas. It was truly breathtaking. The vendors recommended to us were a joy to work with. The flowers, photographer and catering were exceptional. The staff were extremely helpful and made all of our guests feel right at home. The entire day had a comfortable, cozy feel to it and we were free to enjoy the day stress-free and to spend quality time with our friends and family. We are so thankful for Meg, the Stanley House Inn staff and our vendors for making this day so special for us.

Recently Married

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at the Stanley House Inn November 30th, and I would like Meg, our wedding planner/coordinator, and her staff, to know how much we appreciate all they did for us. I am from New Orleans, and the venue reminded my of the houses on St. Charles Ave, with the beautiful court yards. The wedding exceeded my expectations. The staff were true professionals; helpful, friendly, quietly efficient, and Meg had many great suggestions, and did much behind the scenes, to satisfy my wishes. Which included talking to the caterer about my choice of New Orleans style food. It was elegant, warm, fun, and everyone loved the food! . We also spent our wedding night at the Stanley House and the experience was so pleasant that I plan to stay in B&B's on personal and business trips whenever possible. The personal attention and delicious breakfast by Meg and Joseph were icing on the cake. My husband and I will always treasure our Stanley House memories.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the very beginning of selecting this venue spending the night there in a beautiful bed and breakfast room, ALL STAFF and venue were beautiful, lovely, friendly, professional, compassionate, delightful to work with, and helpful in every way. If I had the wedding and reception to do all over again, I would do everything exactly the same! Meg and her staff were just wonderful! I can't say enough wonderful things. All of our 80 guests were impressed with food, decor, services, and venue. My new husband and I were embraced and respected for our traditional and contemporary planning. Every little detail we wanted the Stanley House made happen. I am forever grateful for the staff making one of my most memorable days of my life one of the most beautiful and fun days of my life! A thousand thank yous! ~ Christy & Frankie

Services Used: Wedding Planning