Standing Room Only Orchestra

Standing Room Only Orchestra

"You'll Never Leave The Dancefloor!"

Chicago, IL | map
Agency or Band: Band
Band size: Large (6+ musicians)
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I honest to God can't say enough about working with SRO. First of all, it was super easy - we saw all of the good reviews online and listened to some of the music on their website. That was it - that was all that we did. It could have gone horribly wrong but it didn't - the reviews are not here to lead you astray - they were a fantastic wedding band.

The dance floor was packed all night (which is the only thing that my husband and I wanted. Literally -the only piece of the party we cared about). At one point, several people came up to me to tell me that they thought they were lip-synching because THAT'S how good they sounded. If you're reading this review and trying to decide just stop right now and make SRO your choice. You won't regret it.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and his gang were unbelievable. Most flexible, responsive, professional, quality vendor of everyone we worked with in preparation and execution of our big day. The amount of experience Standing Room Only has really shines through the week of. And wow! These guys know how to throw a party. Final song I look up and not one person is not on the dance floor. I would say I would recommend SRO to all my friends but all of my friends were at the wedding and they don't need a recommendation - they are all ready to book. Thanks Mike and Co - you guys made Hannah and I's biggest party even bigger than we could have imagined.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Patrick
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Standing Room Only was our band for our wedding this fall. They were fantastic to work with throughout all of the wedding planning. We had more compliments about the band on the evening of the wedding than you could ever imagine. They had the dance floor packed the entire evening and everyone had an amazing time. The band does a great job creating a songlist from our recommendations and requests, and from what they know to be well loved songs to keep people on the dance floor!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Standing Room Only was great to work with! Everyone at our wedding LOVED the band, and we already know a few of our friends that are using them for their own weddings. Thanks for everything!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Jordan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about Standing Room Only. They helped to make our reception the party that we had always imagined. From the first time we spoke with Mike to the final song on our wedding day, everything was professional and personal. If you're debating between Standing Room Only and any other band, stop debating. Standing Room Only will not disappoint!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We can't say enough about this band, they truly made our night. Don't get me wrong, we would have gotten married either way and I'm sure had a great time, but Standing Room Only made it an unforgettable night for us and our guests. You know the band is good when you're on the dance floor and you forget there's a band playing because it sounds like so much like the actual artist. We had so many guests telling us that it was the most fun wedding they'd been to in a long long time. I have to give most of the credit for that to SRO. Obviously not all, my wife and I are pretty fun... They really know how to keep the party going and how to work a room. All our aunts and uncles and even our grandma's were on the dance floor at one point. That's pretty impressive. The picture on their website is not a fluke, if you hire this band the dance floor will be packed all night. I'm sure we could have gotten a band for less money but I couldn't be happier with the job they did. They deserve every star I gave them in this review. The contact process was easy and they got back to us right away. There were some songs that we wanted them to play that weren't on their song list, that was no problem they learned them before the wedding. Very professional and their value, in my opinion, is through the roof. I highly recommend Standing Room Only, and you will too if you hire them. Thanks again for making our day that much better guys, really do appreciate everything.

Dave and Rachel

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
Dave
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The best band around, no doubt. I have two sisters, who will also be using Standing Room Only for their future weddings. Couldn't have asked for a better party to celebrate our wedding day. I knew the band was great when hiring, but I was even surprised on the wedding day how AMAZING they were. Also, I knew I was making the right decision when our wedding planner used them for her wedding. Our guests danced all night, and the band even improvised when my intoxicated uncle wished to sing a song... It was perfect!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Band was excellent. Songs that were played we for all ages. The dance floor was packed all night.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough about this band! What an amazing job! We booked them after only seeing them perform one time over two years ago at another wedding they did. They were very easy to work with and we had nothing to worry about with them. They traveled over 3 hours to come to Iowa CIty for our wedding. They showed up and rocked the place! Our quests are still raving about how amazing our band was. One of the best parts of our wedding! You will not be disappointed with this group. Again I cannot thank Mike and the group enough! AMAZING JOB!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
Erik
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVED our band! and even more importanly, our guests LOVED our band. Working with Mike and his band members was so fun. We had a touch -base call the week before the wedding so we could introduce ourselves over the phone and walk through our needs and from that moment I knew he was going to be a good time. He has a ridiculous amount of energy and knows how to keep the party going. Our guests took the wedding to an after party b/c they didnt' want to stop dancing! We couldn't believe how he was able to transform his voice to sound DEAD ON like so many artists. He played all our favorite songs. Our parents didn't leave the dance floor -- I've never seen them have so much fun!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I heard this band play at another wedding and I knew when I got married I would have to have them! We basically picked our wedding date on when the band was available! They are such an amazing group. Mike made me feel at ease and feel confident that I would have nothing to worry about. Everyone keeps telling me how much they loved the band at our wedding! Thanks for helping make our wedding one of the best days that we will remember forever!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
Tayler
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are considering Standing Room Only for your wedding band, book them immediately! We had an amazing, wonderful, super fun wedding reception, and that is largely due to to the fact that the band kept the party going from the wedding party introductions, up until the time when our venue turned on the lights and ushered us out of the reception. We came dangerously close to booking another band, but luckily went to check them out first, and realized they were too low energy for our very large families and fun-loving friends. In contract, Standing Room Only was super high energy - there was never a time that the dance floor was anything but packed. Multiple guests, from all age ranges, commented on how great our band was - more than one person said "This is the best wedding band I have ever seen." Basically, you cannot go wrong with Standing Room Only - I only wish we could throw a big wedding all over again and book them again for another great night!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Marthe
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Standing Room Only Band was unbelievable! I first saw them play at one of my friend’s weddings. At that moment, I knew I had to have them perform at my wedding. Throughout the entire process of booking the band they were amazing. The band leader communicated well, made special arrangements to meet in person, and also answered all my questions. I was planning my wedding out of town and the band leader definitely made me feel comfortable about the whole process. The band leader gave great suggestions for the reception and also adjusted to my ideas as well. The night of the wedding was awesome! The band had everyone on the dance floor by the first song. The vocalist and musicians are so talented and are willing to accommodate to special requests from the bride and groom. Not only was the live music exceptional but the performance was so entertaining. I had several people at my wedding talking about Standing Room Only months after the wedding. I would recommend this band in a heartbeat. You will not find another band that plays a variety of music, including the most current songs on the radio, anywhere else. They are constantly staying updated with the most current songs. Go to their website and listen to some of the songs they are awesome!

• Wedding: 07/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely brought the house down. Everyone is still raving about their talent, range, selection, and their professionalism. And so much more reasonably priced then many of their competitors. The dance follor was packed with all age groups. They truely made it a night I will never forget. And Mike is a gem.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Standing Room Only made the party! Not only did they do a beautiful job on our special request first dance but they read the crowd perfectly all night. At one point someone accidently opened the fire escape door near the dance floor and revealed other hotel guests dancing in the stairwell! I would highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SRO played at our daughters wedding and what a wonderful night it was. The dance floor was crowded all night and we got nothing but wonderful comments about the band. In addition to the reception, the jazz trio played during the cocktail hour and was wonderful. The ceremony music was also done by SRO and everyone loved it. I would recommend SRO to anyone and everyone -

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
630-771-0212
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards