Some Crust Bakery

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Thankfully, the cake was included in our venue package. The cake tasted so good and turned out beautifully. This bakery tends to be a little more expensive. I also love that they include an anniversary cake.

Tawnie
06/07/2015

Our venue gave us 2 choices for a cake vendor with our package and I am so glad we chose Some Crust Bakery! Their storefront is a tiny, yet bustling, hole in the wall place in the heart of downtown Claremont (that's how you know it's gonna be good!), and their cake is the best I've ever had. Our tasting was one of the most memorable and fun experiences of wedding planning! They gave us ample amounts of flavors to choose from and the decision was really tough because everything was SO good! I love that they also give you the choice between American and European buttercream frosting because my husband is not big on sweets, so the European buttercream was a great option for us, plus I loved the pearlescent sheen it gave. I didn't have a very specific idea of decoration for the cake other than I wanted some fresh flowers on it, but after taking a look at their book of sample photos and some guidance from our consultant, I found exactly what I wanted within a few minutes and our cake turned out absolutely beautiful! We also had a very special blown glass cake topper (an heirloom) that they took very special care of for us. All in all, our cake was perfect and I couldn't be happier with the vendor we chose. Some Crust Bakery rocks!

Recently Married

We got our wedding cake from Some Crust Bakery and it was beautiful! We were able to chose a different flavor for each layer of the cake, pick our design, and add our own cake topper. They delivered the cake to the venue and provided great customer service. They were sometime difficult to get a hold of, but otherwise, were terrific to work with.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Some Crust was the preferred vendor for my wedding at Wedgewood Vellano Country Club and my package included the cake. I'll be honest, when we went for our cake tasting I was not impressed. The cake was not horrible but it wasn't great either. Seemed very average. Since it was included in the package and we did not want to spend extra money we went ahead with the cake order. We chose a carrot cake tier with cream cheese filling, a neopolitan tier, and a chocolate tier with a coffee flavored filling. The sales lady was very sweet and did not try to pressure us into upgrading or purchasing anything extra. She was flexible with our design preferences and even offered to let us borrow a beautiful cake stand at no additional cost.

A week before the wedding we were contacted to review our cake selections and confirm our design choices. I appreciated this call and it made me feel like they were on top of things so I didn't need to worry about it.

The day of our wedding we were happy to see our design executed just as we wanted. It was beautifully decorated and we received many compliments. I tasted all three tiers and they were DELICIOUS!! All of our guest complimented our cake choices. The cake was not too sweet, not dry at all, and very beautiful.

I would recommend this bakery to other brides.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Let me start off by saying that I definitely recommend Some Crust for your wedding cake and any other services! The venue provided the wedding cake and gave us a choice between Some Crust and some other bakery to chose the cake. Husband and I scheduled a cake tasting here first, and we were sold,I provided a picture of what I wanted the cake to look like. On the actual wedding day, the cake turned out absolutely gorgeous!! (No fondant was used). The cake was also delicious, all our guest commented on how moist and amazing it tasted! I can't wait to order our 1 year anniversary cake from some crust. The only problem I have is that it's going to be a difficult choice on what flavor to choose from!

Recently Married

The wedding cake was delicious and it looked exactly how we planned it. The European butter cream is amazing!

April
03/07/2015

Made an appt for cake tasting which is made our choices so difficult because everything was so good! Created my cake exactly what I imagined it to look like... Beautiful!

Recently Married

The cake was great (in terms of style and flavors).
The cake tasting was scheduled without issues, however, once we arrived for the actual tasting, it was held in a different office and there were delays in being escorted to the separate facility.
They were professional and accommodating otherwise.

1 Review
01/04/2015

Some Crust did an amazing job with our wedding cake. The flavors were spot on and the design was so beautiful. They're the best!

3.2

Our cake was tasty and delivered on time. The per slice price was higher than most bakeries but the choices are slim in the area.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was delicious! I surprised my husband with a grooms cake and it came out superb! Amazing prices and great taste!

Recently Married

The cake from this bakery was included in our wedding package at the Lindley Scott House. But even if it wasn't, I would still have chosen this bakery to make our wedding cake. It was absolutely delicious. At our tasting, they offered so many different yummy flavors (rum cake with cinnamon espresso filling was the best!) and each layer of our cake was a different flavor free of charge. They also had lots of designs to chose from. It turned out beautiful!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ordered my wedding cake from Some Crust and i couldn't of been happier!

We had a cake tasting which was awesome! The service was great and they made my cake exactly how I asked for it including the colors and designs. I had a few different cake tastings and nothing topped Some Crust. I used to bake cupcakes for a living so I'm a little picky with cakes and frosting so I didn't think I would find a cake a good as my own, however Some Crust proved me wrong. The cake was so moist and the frosting was like silk! I will use this bakery for all my future cake needs. I highly recommend them - you will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I order my wedding cake here and all can say is that everyone ate the entire cake it was that good. I had a three tier cake with different cake flavors and the cake design was beautiful.I life we it I also live the idea that on our anniversary they offer us a free cake it celebrating our anniversary. Thank you for adding the sweetness to our beautiful wedding.

Recently Married

Some crust is amazing!! The cake was absolutely delicious. It was very moist and they have many flavors of cake and a variety of fillings to choose from. Our consultant was Nicole. She is great!! Very organized, professional and friendly. I highly recommend Some Crust Bakery to anyone who is looking for a beautiful, high quality, delicious cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I selected Some Crust Bakery from the others for my June 29th wedding because of their professional craft. They are so professional, talented and really help in guiding customers on what is best for their needs. As a bride I was presented with options so select my cake from. Ontario Bakery was so ghetto and unprofessional, giving us slabs of sloppily frosted dry boxed cake.
I made an appointment and opted to just try their "popular flavors" to sample the cake types. All of them were delish. In fact. our 4 tier cake had 4 flavors lol! My second appointment consisted of me choosing the design and adding specific details like the colors and butter-creme "ribbon" design around each tier. Jill was so helpful and patient with my two little boys when we arrived.
I want to thank all of those at Some Crust Bakery who made my 6/29 wedding cake so beautifully! Walking in and seeing my cake exactly the way we envisioned it was wonderful. I highly recommend anyone who is thinking of ordering a cake to go through Some Crust Bakery!