Snyder Event Rentals

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I could not say enough good things about Snyder Event Rentals. I worked with Dana who was a pleasure to work with. I met with her one time and had many follow up conversations via the phone. I made multiple changes to my inventory and she was always so helpful and told me her opinion of what would look good when I asked. I highly recommend SER.
Wedding: 09/27/2014

Private User 6 Reviews
Snyder Event Rentals are wonderful to work with. The bride and groom live out of state and I (mother of the groom) live in Charleston. My son and beautiful daughter-in-law along with me, met with Kelly. She was so patient with our questions and helpful with size of tent, number of tables and chairs, cocktail tables, etc. The wedding reception was going to be at my house and I was a little nervous about where exactly the tent should go. No problem - Greg came out for a site visit and immediately knew the best place for function as well as aesthetics. He was so pleasant. We also had the rehearsal dinner at my house and the caterer for that event, The Crazy Dutchman, uses Snyder also. We wanted to keep the reception area special, so the tent was set up behind the pool in the back yard and the rehearsal dinner - without a tent - was to be in the front yard. Snyder was on time for delivery, set up and pick up for both events and did a beautiful job. The tent was HUGE and also had a tent liner. The men that came to put it up, do the liner, hang the chandeliers, and the perimeter lighting were so nice and efficient and had everything perfect. All of the tables and chairs as well as the tables for the carving station, buffet, etc. were delivered early the morning of the wedding. The reception was to be at 7 p.m. This allowed ample time for the caterer for that event, Lowcountry Eats, to set up all of the linens and allow plenty of time for the florist to put out the centerpieces. It turns out that Lowcountry Eats uses Snyder, also. Everything flowed seamlessly and without a hitch. All of my vendors work well with Snyder and it was like one big efficient machine! We also used Spike for the bar and they did a wonderful job, too. We made several changes along the way and Snyder accommodated us every time. They might be a LITTLE pricier than some other vendors, but you get what you pay for and they are worth every penny! The reception was beautiful.
Wedding: 04/12/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
Spike Bar service and Snyder rentals are the best in the business! You're crazy to go with any of the smaller bar service or rental companies in the area. Most of them fly by night and unprofessional.

Abbie 6 Reviews
Pleasant and easy transactions. We rented 5 cocktail table, we picked them up and dropped them off without problems.
Wedding: 05/09/2013

Leslie 11 Reviews
Snyder’s Rentals provided the gorgeous sofas for our daughter's wedding reception at the Historic Rice Mill! Our daughter had chosen to rent 4 (triangular) cocoa rattan corner sofas to surround a table graced with a tall floral arrangement and adorned by photographs. We decorated the sofas with pillows made by her grandmother and a friend – perfectly blending with the table linens nearby. We also chose Snyder’s two 4-foot each Maude Bars to set up as our outdoor satellite bar – gorgeous (the two pieces have “frames” in which we put pieces of fabric that coordinated with our aforementioned pillows). We also chose Snyder’s high chivari chairs (mahogany ballroom stools is the “rental name”) to provide extra seating around the Rice Mill’s brass ring cocktail tables near the outside Maude bar – looked great and very comfortable with the accompanying bengaline seat cushions (also from Snyder’s)! We had the pleasure of working with Connie at Snyder’s Rentals and couldn’t have been more pleased with their service and beautiful furniture – elegant and inviting all night long!
Wedding: 04/13/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jody from Snyder was wonderful to work with. We had a slight issue with the chairs when they arrived and she took care of it right away. She was so responsive. Everything looked great and they were on time and very nice.
Wedding: 03/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
AMAZING! Connie and Matt were great! I was that bride who had no true idea of what I wanted, I just wanted "romantic and elegant" and both sides of this company--event rentals and Spike bar--were absolutely amazing!

Even when my "Mrs." cake fork was lost the night of the wedding, they searched high and low in their inventory to find it for me BEFORE I left to return to Texas. The very nice lady who helped me with this dilemma was priceless!
Wedding: 03/09/2013

Anonymous 6 Reviews
They were very prompt and easy to use! I used them through my caterer and they did a wonderful job helping us with all the last minute details.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff was very informative and helpful
Wedding: 01/05/2013

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We made changes up to a day or two before and they still worked with us!
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I do not recommend working with Snyder Event Rentals, for the following reasons:

- They were 1 hour late with my items on my wedding day, arriving less than 2 hours before our ceremony start time. This caused a delay in every other portion of our setup, as well as our "getting ready" and photo time, as we were doing the set up ourselves. They didn't bother to call and say they were running late or when they would arrive.

- I purchased our table linens elsewhere for way less than Snyder had them available for rental. I've since sold them to another bride.

- Their level of professionalism is abysmal. I signed my contract with a sales rep, they "lost" my signed contract (WITH MY CARD NUMBER ON IT!!!), and didn't bother to apologize. Every email I sent them, I was sent back an email response with my changed contract attached, but nothing in the body of the email. It was INCREDIBLY rude and off-putting.

So, late, high prices, and unprofessional? I wouldn't do business with Snyder again.
Wedding: 11/02/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0

Anonymous 4 Reviews
The go-to rental people in Charleston- dependable, reasonably priced. Came on time, responded quickly when we thought we were going to get hit with rain from hurricane Sandy (which we missed by about an hour!)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used Snyder Event Rentals for our bar service. Leading up to our wedding day, I was able to work with one of the kindest ladies who took each question and thought I had with sincerity. I couldn't say enough thanks for all her hard work leading up to our day (thanks Kelly). Day of, I could not have been more happy with the bar service. They were prompt, polite, and very professional. They went over and above with set-up and made our bar a statement by bringing extra tables and linens to make it look perfect. We really appreciate everything and will always recommend you guys! Sarah & Zach Coker
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
These guys are flexible and have reasonable prices for everything you need for your wedding or other special event. For my daughter's wedding on October 5, they provided tables, chairs, linens, place settings, flatware, and glassware. If I am ever planning another special event in the Charleston area, they will be among the first people I contact.
Wedding: 10/05/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Provided great fans on a humid night in charleston. My guests were very greatful! Also very helpful and friendly during rental process!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They were great! Came on time and set the place up wonderfully! I definitely recommend them!
Wedding: 09/23/2012