Sheraton Commander Hotel

Value
Flexibility
Valerie
10/11/2014

The wedding was perfect! Absolutely perfect! Judy Brillhart was amazing! No problem too big or question too silly. Judy will made the planning easy. And then when the Big Day arrives you can truly enjoy it knowing she has it covered. The Commander is very elegant. The food was very good. We also had a couple large dinners at the Nubar restaurant where Manager Richard Mann was most helpful. Do not hesitate a minute to book your wedding or any event with Judy and The Commander!

Victoria
08/09/2014

I cannot recommend the Sheraton Commander enough to any couples looking for a classy, classic, beautiful, and affordable wedding venue.

Alexandra Swenson was our main event coordinator, and I cannot sing her praises enough. She was so responsive, helpful, and kind. During the planning process, she took care of every little detail and walked through things with me as often as I needed. I am the first of my friends to get married and so I needed a lot of guidance, which Alex expertly provided--from linen color choices to how we should handle the open bar and wine passed at dinner. Now that the wedding is over, I can confirm that every recommendation she gave me was totally spot on.

At our reception I felt like I didn't have to worry about a thing and I was able to thoroughly enjoy time spent with our guests and time spent on the dance floor. I think it says a lot that Alex and her staff kept things going so smoothly without the groom or I noticing a thing. Also, I was absolutely amazed by the way Alex and her staff transformed the room for our reception. It was like the rooms I had drooled over in bridal magazines!

The night of our wedding and in the weeks since, we have gotten so many compliments from our guests. They thought the space was gorgeous, they loved the food, they received great service, and they had an awesome time dancing the night away. The guests who stayed in our block of rooms had an excellent experience as well.

I truly cannot say enough good things about our experience. Everything was perfect and I owe that to Alex and the rest of the Commander staff. I'll definitely be recommending the Sheraton Commander to any friends of mine who get married in the Boston area in the future!

1+ year ago

Just an excellent experience all around.

Gordon
11/11/2012

When my wife and I began looking for a venue to host our wedding reception we wanted to ensure that the venue was personal, intimate, indicative of our tastes and styles, and preferably in the area we live (Harvard Sq). We were very skeptical about going with a hotel as they typically lack that intimate feel that we were looking for. The Sheraton Commander turned out to be exactly what we were looking for. The Sheraton seamlessly blends history, character, elegance, and a somewhat European boutique hotel feel with TOP notch service, amenities, and professionalism. Holly, our wedding planner/coordinator at the Sheraton, was an absolute pleasure to work with. Her attention to detail, ongoing flexibility with us, and energetic demeanor made the planning process fun and memorable. The Sheraton truly became our home away from home during our wedding weekend and I think that is hard to find that in a hotel. I cannot say enough about how crucial a role the Sheraton Commander played in ensuring that our wedding weekend was nothing short of magic. To say I was impressed would be a gross understatement. This hotel and it's staff deserve all of the accolades that they are receiving on this website (and elsewhere). A true gem (not to mention cornerstone) in Harvard Square. I would recommend the Sheraton Commander to anyone who doesn't want to have just another typical wedding reception. If you have seen one hotel wedding reception you have seen them all...until you have been to a wedding reception at the Sheraton Commander. Thanks again for making our wedding weekend and especially our wedding reception the best night of our lives!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Amy
09/15/2012

Let me start off by saying that my wedding was absolutely perfect from start to finish. Judy & the entire team at The Sheraton Commander were absolute rockstars & made sure that our big day went exactly as planned. The ballroom was absolutely stunning, set up and decorated exactly how I pictured. The food was unbelievable, specialty cocktails they created for us were delicious & the bar service was phenomenal!

We had a pretty strong vision of what we wanted; a more cocktail party style reception with cocktail tables throughout the space with passed appetizers & stations instead of a seated dinner. After explaining all our ideas to Judy, and having my mother question if this type of wedding reception would work, Judy shared that she loved that type of event, erasing any fears or doubt that my mom had & we knew that we’d picked the perfect location for our wedding!

Judy was fantastic to work with – every single detail I had ever imagined was taken care of & executed to perfection. They made it so easy to plan our wedding, taking care of linens, wedding cake, furniture rentals, set up/break down, coordinating with our vendors, a morning after brunch, EVERYTHING. All I had to do was make a decision & Judy took care of the rest. I didn’t worry one bit, which speaks volumes to Judy’s experience & professionalism.

The level of customer service we received during the entire planning process is second to none; I have never met a nicer, knowledgeable, accommodating & just awesome hotel staff. Every person we interacted with was spectacular, from the front desk staff (I showed up with 38 gift bags for guests checking in!), to Richard & the staff at Nubar, who hosted our after party – we felt as if we were the only guests/couple on earth.

Long story short The Sheraton Commander was the absolutely perfect venue for our wedding & we love them & will sing their praises forever. My husband & I joke that we need to visit them at least once a week because we miss them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue, staff, and food were all perfect!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sheraton Commander Hotel was perfect for us! Judy Brillhart and her team were on top of their game, tackling issues before I even knew about them! I was relaxed, comfortable, and just able to enjoy my wedding day. Working with Judy was a pleasure. She offered friendly, informative service and managed our evening well. The banquet hall was gorgeous, the staff professional, and the service outstanding. Our friends and family are still talking about our wedding venue a year later!!

Anonymous
01/11/2014

We held our wedding reception at the Sheraton Commander. Judy was incredible and very fun to work with; she accommodated all of our requests with kindness and professionalism. Don't be afraid of the outside vendors associated with contracts at the hotel, either - we had an excellent D.J. from Entertainment Specialists (D.J. Emelita) and LOVED our cake from Konditor Meister. The food at our reception was great and the hotel worked with us to accommodate all of our guests' allergies, gluten free requests, and vegan requests. The hotel's discount for our wedding guests was a big plus, but make sure your guests know to book before the deadline! Our only issues regarded 1) payment - the hotel didn't process our payment right away, resulting in confusion when they tried to charge us months later (but, to be fair, the bride's mother hadn't noticed that we hadn't been charged, either), and 2) the ballroom was sweltering after an hour of dancing; the A/C just couldn't keep up with that many dancing feet! Overall, though, we were very happy and would recommend the Sheraton Commander to anyone looking for a nice Cambridge wedding reception.

Sheraton Commander Hotel responded with the following comments:

Thank you so very much! It was a pleasure to work with you!

We have implemented new payment processes to ensure that group payments are processed more quickly. We have also upgraded our AC systems including the guest rooms.

We wish you all of the best in the future! Please keep in touch!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything went smoothly. We worked mainly with Holly and she was great. The day went and she was quite on top of everything. If we needed something, she was there to help. The place was beautiful and the price was right. The food was great and everyone had a great time. I would totally recommend this place to brides that want a classic and beautiful place with no fuss.

Recently Married

The Sheraton Commander is amazing! We were married there in October of 2014. From the first day we picked it as our venue the staff at the Sheraton Commander were fabulous. This is especially true for Judy Brillhart, the Director of Event Management. I honestly cannot say enough good things about her. She made the planning process a dream, always responding to any of our questions and solving any problem that we threw her way. Not only is she amazing professionally, but she shows you how much she cares about you and making your event special.

On top of the staff, the hotel is beautiful. From the lobby, to the rooms, to the stunning ballroom, the space made our wedding feel very elegant. The food was also great. The Chef was willing to work with us on all of our requests and happily accommodated our guests' dietary restrictions.

Nubar is also wonderful. We had many meals there throughout the planning process and our guests loved having such a great restaurant right in the lobby of the hotel.

I highly recommend the Sheraton Commander, whether you are looking for a wedding venue or just looking for a place to stay. I could not have been happier with my experience.

Sheraton Commander Hotel responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your entire family! Hope to see you back again soon!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married and had our reception at the Sheraton Commander in Cambridge. It was an absolutely beautiful venue and the food was amazing. They were very willing to work with us so that we could stay inside our budget though they do push their wedding packages. We ended up not going with a wedding package and had several moments where we weren't quite clear on what we were getting so make sure you get it all sorted out early on to avoid any surprises. On the whole the staff at the Sheraton were wonderful to work with and their price was the most reasonable that we found in the Boston area. For the beauty of the space combined with the quality of the food, you really can't do better!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sheraton Commander is a beautiful venue, and we had an excellent experience working with Holly Cook. Holly was responsive to our questions, and provided explanation and alternatives when needed during planning. The day of the wedding she was gracious and quickly sorted out any minor issues that arose- often without involving me or my husband, so we were free to enjoy the reception.
The food was delicious, and we received many compliments about the menu.
We went with a package deal offered by the hotel, which at first felt limiting, but after talking through our choices, we ended up with the day just as we had envisioned.
There were some issues with the DJ, from Entertainment Specialists. We reported these to Holly and her manager Judy, and they were very apologetic. Ultimately, it didn't ruin the day, and the dancefloor was packed the entire time.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We didn't have a big wedding (around 80) and didn't want to spend a fortune renting a place. The wedding was on campus in Cambridge so the Commander is just walking distance for our guests. The hotel is certainly not that fancy but it does have old world charm. The ballroom we used was the perfect size but it was on the dark side. We also booked the location because of the package they had for weddings which took the headache of planning every detail. The hotel staff provided the food, the table settings and recommended good vendors as well.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We were very satisfied with the Sheraton Commander, in particular with the wedding coordinator, Judy Brillhart. She was incredibly responsive, willing to answer questions at all hours of the day which is a real comfort. We were amazed at how beautifully the ballroom was transformed. We were able to make small changes in seating arrangements, etc up until a few days before. The food was very good.

Recently Married
3.4

We booked Sheraton Commander Hotel as the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. Instead of doing the wedding package, we chose to do an a la carte since we wanted to save expenditure for our small wedding. The atmosphere is great, the food is high quality, the coordinators Alex and Judy are professional. Everyone had a good time. We highly recommend Sheraton Commander Hotel for wedding venue!

Sheraton Commander Hotel responded with the following comments:

It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for allowing us to share in your day!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Cake