Shelby Lynn's Cake Shoppe

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Shelby Lynn's was great from start to finish during our wedding planning period. We went in for a cake tasting with Jennifer. She was super friendly, very creative, and great to work with. I told her the vision for my cake and she drew out a quick sketch as we were sitting there. She was very patient with us when we need to change our idea for the groom's cake, a couple of times. The cake tasted GREAT and everyone at the wedding wondered where it came from.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Shelby Lynne made two BEAUTIFUL cakes for my wedding, and they were delicious. It was also a great price, even with delivery to a site that was 2hr away. If you are getting married in NWA area, it's a no-brainer to go with them!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I only put a 4 on flexibility rating bc they book up very fast and only take 3 weddings (if I remember correctly) a weekend. So hurry and book them! They were so great to work with. They were our last "cake tasting apt" (only bc that's how out schedules worked out) and if I could do it over they would if been my one and only. BTW- we did 5 testings with 4 other bakery's. I told her want I wanted and she sketched it out right on the spot . 15 minutes later I signed a contract and it was smooth sailing from there. They did 3 smaller cakes for my cake/dessert table and my husbands groom cake which was AMAZING!! It was a exact replica of his yeti cooler! And when I say exact, I mean down to the small stickers and such on it!!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Shelby Lynn's Cake Shoppe was absolutley fantastic! My mother and I were trying out venders and we were treated with such personal attention at Shelby Lynn's! Jennifer was so sweet and personal! She brought out about a dozen different cake flavor combinations for us to try, then when I was describing the kind of cake designs I liked she started sketching. I went there with no idea what sort of cake I wanted, I simply had a pinterest board full of ideas that were not quite what I wanted. Jennifer literally reached into my mind and drew up the perfect cake for me! I was floored!! We tried going to look at Rick's Bakery later that day because their prices are better but it just wasn't the same. Jennifer is an artist, once I tasted her cakes and saw her designs I knew she was the person I wanted baking my wedding cake. And when I saw the finished cake at my wedding reception I was so impressed! Her execution was perfect! I could not have asked for a better wedding cake or a better baker, she was sweet from start to finish.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I loved working with Shelby Lynn's. She worked with us to get the cake we wanted and it was in our budget. I will be going back for all of our events.

1 person found this review helpful
4.7

Shelby Lynn made my wedding cake and it was absolutely beautiful! She made it exactly how I pictured it. Everyone at the wedding said they thought it was beautiful and they loved how the cake tasted. I would definitely recommend Shelby Lynn!!

Private User
1+ year ago

The cake was amazingly good and our grooms cake was such a convincing beer cooler that people tried to take beer out of it all night. The cake maker was very flexible and creative. We absolutely loved our cakes.

Tia AJ
1+ year ago

Shelby Lynn's was FANTASTIC - Jennifer captured my ideas beautifully and our cake was gorgeous and delicious. I recommend Shelby Lynn's to anyone!

Private User
1+ year ago

Good to work with, good quality cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I found Shelby Lynn's to be wonderful and accommodating. We made an appointment for a tasting, and we received great service. It was actually the only appointment at which we were offered ANYTHING to taste. My husband and I had a pretty specific idea of what we wanted (a Dalek from Doctor Who), and Jennifer told us it was completely doable and would not cost an arm and a leg. This was a complete 180 from what we'd heard at other places, including Rick's, who'd told us that it either couldn't be done or that it would cost upwards of $800 for a cake that would serve 60. Yikes! Needless to say, we chose Shelby Lynn's and were EXTREMELY pleased. She was enthusiastic about our cake, as weird as it was; she was easy to get ahold of; she was flexible. And the cake was amazing to taste as well as to behold. I seriously lost it when I saw it at the reception. It was just incredible. She was definitely one of our favorite vendors.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We received rave reviews on our wedding and groom's cake. Jennifer was wonderful to work with. The flavors and design of our cakes were delicious and beautiful. We had a destination wedding and were able to arrange it all through emails and phone calls (my in-laws did the tasting since they live nearby!). We are huge Razorback fans so the helmet shaped groom's cake was a big hit. The wedding cake was just what I wanted - simple and elegant. Jennifer and her team helped make our wedding day perfect.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was so beautiful, and tasted just as good as it looked! In my experience, wedding cake isn't usually very moist, as the cake is typically made days ahead of time. This was not the case with our cake! Our cake was so moist and delicious! Two weeks later, we were still eating off of it!

0.6

Terrible experience with Shelby Lynn's. We had them make a grooms cake for us and scheduled it over a month in advance. We get a phone call at 9am the morning of the wedding telling us they had lost the email that had the photo they were suppose to make the cake from. We were suppose to pick the cake up at that time!!! After i resent it to them they said they would have it ready by noon. Asked if they could deliver it when it was ready since they had messed up the order and they would not. When we cut into the cake at our reception I knew it was wrong. It had the wrong filling and tasted terrible. Also it wasnt the correct design either. We ended up having to throw the cake away because it was inedible. We called Shelby Lynns to try to resolve the issue and get a refund when we got back from our honeymoon. It took two days to get a return phone call. Once we did, Jennifer was very unprofessional and basically called me a liar saying she had put the correct filling in the cake and our order wasnt suppose to be picked up till noon that day not 9am. She wouldnt give us a refund, only an in store credit because they have a "no refund" policy. Nice way to stand behind your product and make sure your customers are satisfied!!! She actually wanted us to bring in a piece of the cake!!! Ridiculous!!! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND POOR QUALITY OF CAKE!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Everything was amazing! Their cake flavors where many, we went with untraditional flavors and it turned out great. Months after the wedding people are still talking about the cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Jennifer at Shelby Lynn's Cake Shoppe is SO talented! I truly believe that she is the best in the Northwest Arkansas Area. I had a minor problem with my cake topper being to heavy for my cake, and thus causing it to lean, but I think that is a rare problem. She was so wonderful to work with and always willing to do what you'd like.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I have never had a better tasting cake or one that looked nicer than the wedding cake that was made by Shelby Lynn's.This is a superb bakery and a must for any wedding.