Scarlett Belle Paddlewheel Riverboat Weddings

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

After living together for 19 years, we chose to have our wedding aboard the Scarlett Belle on the anniversary of our first date: Saturday 3.14.15 which was also "ultimate Pi Day". Our decision to use the Scarlett Belle was made 3 months before the date, so we had to move quickly and we got great, calming help from GJ and all the vendors involved: DJ's Catering, Garden Florist, A Gift of Taste and the officiant Steven R. Van Hook. We have amazing, perfect memories from our event! The centerpieces, boutonniere and bouquet from Garden Florist were spectacular and Chantal was a true joy to work with. From the ceremony through the reception, GJ's incredibly thoughtful treatment of the music and coordination of the other special details made every aspect of the event wonderful! Dinner from DJ's Catering was delicious - which surprised many except those that know how great DJ's is! And, the cake from A Gift of Taste was beautiful and delicious. Every guest had a great time and could choose to enjoy the beautiful evening outside, dance the night away inside or enjoy a nightcap upstairs. We would do it again in a heartbeat. Money well spent. The Channel Islands Harbor is one of our favorite places and this event showed it off wonderfully and impressed and entertained our guests. Thank you to the Scarlett Belle vendors, crew and especially to GJ!

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

We chose the Scarlett Belle for our wedding and reception and we could not be happier with our special day. The wedding coordinator GJ was so helpful and easy going. Exactly what I needed during the stressful planning period. During the rehearsal, GJ made sure to walk us through not only the wedding but the reception as well. He also allowed us to make last minute changes to the music selection. Communication was outstanding throughout the entire process. The ceremony was literally exactly how I had imagined it. My only word of advice is to have a solid plan of how you would like the pictures done afterwards since you only have about 20 minutes to take them.

The reception was just as amazing as the ceremony. The food was so good and we actually had time to eat it! The cake was literally the best cake I have ever had. We chose a naked cake with powdered sugar and raspberry jam. The decorations were placed exactly as I had asked. The dance floor was a bit small but we did not have a huge wedding party. The pictures that were taken while on the boat were some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. We took over 2,000 so if you miss out on pictures right after the ceremony, there is plenty of time during the reception. It was so wonderful and fairytale like but like all wonderful things, it was over too soon. We cannot recommend the Scarlett Belle and GJ enough. Our wedding was not only affordable, but it truly was a day we will never forget.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Cake

My husband and I got married on March 16th, 2014 aboard the Scarlett Belle. GJ was amazing to work with and helped me SO much whenever I had questions. He never failed to quickly respond to my emails,and go out of my way to answer my questions. When we would meet with him,he was so personable and truly a great guy. It made my whole wedding planning process so easy and painless. The night of the wedding was awesome. GJ really listened when I told him the music I liked, and my vision for my wedding in general. Everything was more than perfect. I would love to even have an anniversary aboard the boat one day as well. I highly reccomend the Scarlett Belle for your special day. The staff aboard the boat was amazing as well. I got compliments all night about the staff. The food from DJ's catering was amazing. My cake came out perfect, and so did the flowers.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My husband and I had the wedding we had imagined and dreamed about. It was perfect! Our friends and family had a wonderful time...food was great....everything was exactly what we had hoped for. The crew and staff could not have done enough for us. We will be enjoying our wedding in our memories for years to come. We have friends that had such a wonderful experience, they are looking to book it for their family affairs.....Thank you so much GJ and Michelle for everything!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Love, Love, LOVE!!!! I live in Canada and they couldn't have made this any easier! The boat was amazing and the service was top notch. I couldn't be any happier t have booked our important day on this beautiful boat. And GJ was a dream to deal with! The value was worth every single penny! You will not be disappointed!!!

caineology
04/27/2013

Do not hesitate to have your wedding here if you want you and your guests to have the best wedding ever! GJ and Michelle really helped so much, pretty much by taking care of everything including a couple last minute worries. They were friendly, accommodating, professional and most importantly, fun. We all had such an excellent time that it was sad to leave the boat. Our main goal in planning our wedding was to make sure everyone had a fun and relaxing time and with the Scarlett Belle, we acheived that goal.

When I first booked our wedding here, I was a little worried because there were only a couple reviews on weddingwire and I was planning the wedding from across the country. Sitting down and talking with Michelle (and asking her endless questions) really put me at ease and I haven't regretted working with them for one moment. Both GJ and Michelle replied promptly to questions and were happy to work with us to make the event excatly what we wanted it to be.

If you want a fun, memorable and unique wedding, do it here! My husband and I appreciate everything they did to make our wedding so excellent! Our friends and families will be talking about this for years - really everyone had such a good time!

Like a Dream!!!

I can't reiterate enough how wonderful my wedding on the Bell was!!! It was perfect. My husband and I do not live in the area (his family does) and had never been on the boat. We booked here on the word of his mother and website photos!! We were definitely not disappointed! Being in the middle of a degree in Arizona, I never was able to meet with any of the coordinators, florists, bakers or do any walk throughs. I only picked colors and menu items! I did everything through email and phone calls. GJ and Michelle did a spectacular job keeping me happy, calm and relaxed! Chantal, the florist, was a joy to work with! She managed to create exactly what I wanted! The room looked absolutely gorgeous! The food was incredibly delicious, as well. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone, near or far! They run a tight ship ;)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughters wedding was on 12/28/12 and it was fabulous in every respect! We spent 4 hours cruising around the channel islands harbor and as luck would have it, the weather was PERFECT! GJ was our primary contact and his professionalism and plain old GREAT customer service was way beyond expectation. The captain gave us one of the most memorable trips ever. Our guests were blown away by the experience! And the nicest part of all...when it was over all we had to do was leave! They took care of everything else!

We loved the experience and would not hesitate again to go with the Scarlett Belle and crew!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

Yacht looks brand new so clean , food was great, coordinator and DJ were nice! We had a beautiful sunny day. I'm so glad that I had my wedding here. Everything was perfect!!! My wedding team of planners was so detailed so easy to work with, they were always right there and prompt in answering all my e-mails.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I usually expect the food to be marginal on boats but the food was awesome, the prime rib was moist and delicious . The Servers were helpful and well dressed. My wedding cake was so beautiful it looked like something out of a Martha Stewart Magazine. I could not believe my package was so affordable for what I received. The minister amazing he didnt interject his own words in to our vows we customized our own. Michelle , the Coordinator even went out to pick up the grooms tux. Definitely recommend Scarlett Belle Cruises for a Bride that wants it all.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding coordinator was Darla, she was nice, calm, composed when we had two Bridesmaid out sick she was able to rearrange at the last minute the processional so everything went smoothly. So many things could of gone wrong Im glad they were here to help me. My guests are still raving and said it was the best wedding they ever went to!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Scarlett Belle is a beautiful place to have a wedding. The staff is friendly and helpful and the boat is gorgeous. It was an affordable wedding that my friends and family will be talking about for a long time.

Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

If you are unsure about having your wedding or other event here you really shouldn't be. The boat and staff are amazing, especially GJ. GJ made the planning process easy and stress free and if he wasn't available Michelle happily stepped in to help answer questions and guide me along. The food was fantastic, everyone said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. The decor was set up on time and looked great. The whole wedding was on time and well organized. The officiant was A+++. The only 2 down sides were the flowers were definitely way overpriced and not as fresh as they could have been, so if you can get your own florist I highly recommend it. Also there was some confusion about the smoking. The paperwork said no smoking, but there were ashtrays on the tables outside. I wish this would have been brought up to me as I would have preferred no smoking on the cruise, but since people saw the ashtrays they all just lit up. I would recommend clarifying this if it's an issue for you. Other than that GJ made sure all of my requests were granted and the whole experience was amazing! I would get married here again and again.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This company is amazing!!! My husband and I had our wedding aboard the Scarlett Belle last month and it was an absolutely PERFECT WEDDING for us! We got to choose our menu and table linens and music and everything ourselves. Basically they do everything for you-ALL the planning was done. Believe me it saved us tons on a wedding planner. The staff was incredibly professional and was even fully dressed in naval uniforms. The flowers were gorgeous, the harbor cruise was romantic, and the he food was incredible! My husband and I highly recommend the Scarlett Belle for any bride looking to save money and stress on their big day! -Stephanie Scott

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

we are sooo thankful we had the wedding here. it was extremely fun and beautiful for all. we compared a lot of boat venues in so cal and fell in love with everything here, i would recommend it to everyone!!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
4.2

To start off, I believe the Scarlett Belle is an amazing location to have your wedding. We had everyone compliment us on the location, the venue, the food, the music, the cake, everything! Also, to add, they supplied us with most of wedding services (Cake, Invitations, DJ, Officiant, Wedding Planner, Ceremony Music, Catering, Event Rentals, and the Alcohol was very reasonable for Premium Alcohol and Open bar). Their pricing was very reasonable as well for the whole wedding. We were able to stay within our budget, everything we needed was close by (Dinner Reheasal was next door, the salon was next door, everything was convenient). My only complaints were that we felt we had to fight them on allowing us to have certain things. For example, candles. I understand that because this is a boat, candles are a liability, however we were allowed to have candles at a certain height. When we followed their instructions, we weren't even allowed to light most of them. They closed down the bar a half hour before we had even docked without giving a final call on drinks, and we had restrictions on allowing our photographer and videographer on the boat early so they could get some preshots of everything. Even our florist, at first, wasn't allowed on the boat prior to the wedding to set up our flowers, but after some debating, they finally let her on. Outside of those small details, everything else was amazing, and we had a good time. That's all that really matters, is not only are your guests having a good time, but you yourself can have a good time. And as the bride and groom, we did.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Invitations, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning