Say it with Sugar Cake Shop

Robert and Judith
07/19/2014

Thank you for a wonderful presentation! Robert and Judith Figuly

3.0

Had used Say It With Sugar in the past and had been pleased with everything up until my wedding experience. Overall, staff was very unprofessional and made the process of scheduling/booking the cake for my wedding a difficult one. This was especially true when attempting to pay the remaining balance for the cake. I am sure that another negative review will not matter to the owners, as this bakery is constantly busy and has long lines of customers waiting. I was actually surprised when I saw some negative reviews, especially ones about the owners yelling at customers and being rude when there was a problem, but now I can truly believe it. If I hadn't been so crunched for time before my wedding, I would have gladly taken my business anywhere else for my wedding cake. I guess this is what happens when business owners forget the basic principals of customer service and making customers happy.

05/17/2014

Beautiful cake and delicious too!

Recently Married

Can we say YUMMM!!! I absolutely LOVED my cake. Say it with Sugar has delicious cakes and are reasonable priced. I love that they primarily use buttercream for frosting, rather than fondant. They were great at accommodating all my needs at a short notice. They made sure that I was getting the right amount of cake for the cheapest price, without having to worry about not having enough. They were very sweet and the cake was fresh. I would recommend them to anyone with cake or cupcake needs! I can't wait to have another piece of my cake :)

Recently Married

We chose a three tier cake for our wedding. Each tier was a different flavor which was awesome since we couldn't decide on just one. They were very accomodating with our wants and wishes. Maybe a little on the expensive side, but overall, the cake was beautiful and delicious!

valjo777
1+ year ago
2.6

The bow melted off the front of my cake. When I let them know how disappointed we were, all they had to say was that they told us not to bring out the cake until an hour before we cut it. I don't recall a single person telling me this.

Taylor
11/23/2013

Say it with sugar was a breeze to work with! They were great with all of the small details that we requested for both our wedding cake and grooms cake. Both cakes tasted better than I imagined and was noticed by all of our guests! I am extremely happy that we chose to go with them!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cakes were beautifully done and delicious. All my guest kept asking where we bought the cakes.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

THE CAKE IS AMAZING!! I cannot tell you how many guests I saw at our wedding eating MULTIPLE pieces of cake, and how many asked me where the cake came from. Even several of my other wedding vendors (who go to weddings all the time) were amazed at how wonderful the cake was and asked me where I got it. You won’t be disappointed with Say it With Sugar!

Kathleen
05/18/2013

The cakes from Say it with Sugar tasted delicious and was very moist. We barely had any cake leftover. They were one of the few bakeries who had a cream that tasted like the Bailey’s liquor and had great ideas for the groom’s cake. They are not afraid of a challenge and love new ideas. When the wedding cake was short on lace, they called me so I was aware but reassured me they had fixed it. When I saw it, you couldn’t tell there was anything wrong with it.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Beautiful wedding cake and it tasted so good!

4.1

Recently had Say It With Sugar make our wedding cake (10-20-2012). I had never tasted any of their cakes but had heard many recommendations for them when I began the wedding cake search and decided to put total faith in them for my wedding. The cake tasting was amazing and I instantly fell in love! So moist and delicious and granted I'm really not a big cake fan. They catered to me, a picky, yet undecided bride and completely came through on my big day! When I left the ceremony I was so nervous that all my guest were already crowding into the reception and possibly seeing a horrible cake or no cake at all. When I arrived I rushed into view the BEAUTIFUL cake, brought me to tears! Everyone asked where it was from and said it was so yummy! Satisfied BRIDE! Highly recommended!

4.1

Our guests are still talking about how great the cake was a month later - it's that good! We couldn't have picked a better bakery to make both our bridal cake and our groom's cake; both were beautiful and delicious.

The only reason I gave them one star is because if you send them an email, they won't reply or notify you they received it because they're so busy. I tried to set up an initial cake testing via email and was never contacted. We only heard from them when we stopped by their bakery.

4.2

The food was absolutely delicious. All kinds of choices for cake type and fillings. Do a fantastic job if you are looking for delicate piping detail. However they are very popular and busy so they don't do the best job of remembering their customers and all their details.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Say It With Sugar is the best choice for cake shops in the north DFW area! We had a wedding cake and a groom's cake, and they not only looked phenomenal, but tasted delicious too! We received lots of compliments from our guests at how surprised they were that our cakes were actually moist - apparently our guests had encountered a lot of beautiful but dry wedding cakes in the past and ours surpassed their expectations.

Pricing was also reasonable and we hired an assistant from the shop to attend our wedding and actually cut and help distribute cake to guests. She was very professional and did a great job helping us during the reception!

They also do cake-tastings and in addition to cakes, the shop also sells cupcakes and other baked dessert items... if you stop in, you must try one of their wildly delicious cupcakes! Every time we are in the area we stop in for a cupcake. Highly recommended for all of their services!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Everything from the cake-tasting and design to the final product at the wedding, we could not have asked for more. So many compliments!