Saxman Slim

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Worth every single penny! Was able to accommodate several unique/unusual requests and when the schedule changed on the fly Matt was totally on top of it. The music was great, both the live saxophone, ceremony selections and of course he kept the dance floor hopping!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Matthew, Saxman Slim, is AMAZING. He is the perfect addition to bring a level of elegance to your wedding reception. Saxman played the saxophone during happy hour and during dinner for our reception. Many guests didn't know there was a live musician present! He played a wide variety of music from Pop to R&B to Queen! After dinner he seamlessly transitioned into "DJ mode". I was worried about the introductions because I have a difficult name and so does my sister, and Matthew took the time to make sure he said them correctly. He also made a mix for my father/daughter dance and he worked with us to make sure that the tracks were perfect. He helped my husband surprise me with a musical performance, using a keyboard, guitar and getting a karaoke track! Saxmn Slim was great to work with, I would honestly recommend him to everyone -- and he's very affordable! :o) THANK YOU!!!

Recently Married

I had my wedding on Oct 4th 2014 and hired Sax Man as my DJ. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!! HE (STEPHEN) WAS AMAZING!!! I wanted something completely different than the normal DJ. I wanted Stephan to play the saxophone for the ceremony and the dinner hour and than be a DJ after.Stephan contacted me back right away after I sent an email requesting information. I had a meeting with him and he went through the music of our choice. He was patient and really took the time to learn what our wedding and what our personalities were! There was a special song request that I had in mind for me to walk down the aisle to and He even went as far as to learn the song for me because it was not on the list (which has thousands of songs on by the way). When it was time for him to be a DJ he kept everyone on the Dance floor and having fun for hours. My guests were begging me to extend the hours so they could keep dancing! He was extremely accommodating in every request I had. I had ton of compliments on my choice of DJ. I would highly recommend Sax Man!!! Worth every Penny!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

This is the most amazing DJ service you will find! Everyone loved the saxophone playing during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner. It was something out of the ordinary and everyone raved about it! Thank you so much!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Steve was wonderful! We absolutely loved working with him. He was so helpful when choosing music at our original meeting and was very responsive when we called him with questions. He even gave great suggestions. Everyone was dancing the entire time. His music during cocktail hour and dinner also was perfect. We will absolutely be recommending him to others.

Services Used: DJ

Was the best choice.He was on time. Played sax live and dj'd with no problems no issuses. Kept the party awake and alive.

1 Review
Recently Married

My mother used Justin for my father's 50th party. When my husband and I were married I was excited to find out that they also worked out of Rochester.

We had Glenn and he did an amazing job! He kept the dance floor packed and some of my guests ended up hiring him for another hour. He had no issue with taking requests. I have been to a lot of weddings and one of by biggest complaints is usually the DJ but he was great and they had amazing pricing!

We had so many compliments!

Services Used: DJ

Saxman Slim, (Matt) was a great choice for our wedding reception music!! Our guests were raving about the sax being played during the cocktail hour and dinner. They were all really impressed because it's so much more unique than the standard DJ. It's almost like we had the best of both worlds in a band and DJ.
As a DJ, he was also great and really kept the party going all night. I really liked that he even got on the dance floor himself a few times!! The guests loved that as well. He was very easy to work with and very flexible and accommodating. Also a great value. Would highly, highly recommend!!

Services Used: DJ

Steve and I were very pleased with Stephen's performance at our wedding! He was beyond great to work with, he really kept things going and everyone one had a blast. Stephen is extremely professional and really paid attention to reading the crowd and playing music that kept people dancing. We couldn't have been happier with our choice to go with saxman slim!

David
07/19/2014

I wish I could use 5+ stars...
Stephan was truly awesome! My wife and I could not imagine having any other DJ for our special day! Too many 'DJs' around here are just run-of-the-mill.. NOT Saxman Slim!!! They are professional, respectful, and a delight! I will definitely recommend them to everyone I can. Stephan not only did a superb job, he became our friend...

Services Used: DJ

We had Steven Rosenthal play the saxophone during our cocktail hour as well as dinner, and then DJ the rest of the evening.
He met with us prior to the wedding so we could talk about what we wanted on our special day. He provided us with a list of top requested songs at weddings for us to look through beforehand.
Steven was extremely friendly and professional, making sure to fulfill any of our desires for our wedding. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends or family getting married in the area.
He checked in with us throughout the reception to keep us on schedule and to see if there was anything in particular that we wanted him to do/play.
It was even his birthday on our wedding day!

1 Review
Recently Married

awesome. awesome. awesome. Saw him at a friend's wedding and had to use his services. The ceremony was awesome too with the sax. Matthew was awesome to work with.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

I am so happy that I found Saxman Slim to take care of the music at my wedding!!! He was very flexible with arranging a meeting on Skype since I live in Rochester. He was extremely professional and flexible even when I emailed him last minute changes!!! His organization was outstanding, and everything went smoothly.

Saxman Slim is a talented saxophone player and really started the cocktail hour/dinner off to a good start. Afterwards, he kept the dance floor packed the ENTIRE night! I received so many compliments about him from all of my guests, some of which might use him for their weddings. He is definitely worth every penny and I am so thrilled that I used him for my wedding!

Services Used: DJ

We were lucky enough to have Steve (Saxman Slim) as our DJ for our wedding in June. Steve met with us a few months prior to the wedding to chat about our music tastes/likes and dislikes. As my fiancé was working out of the country, Steve was really accommodating to when we could all meet together.

As soon as we met Steve, our worries about the day ceased. Not only was he professional when it came to his music, he was also incredibly kind. I remember he said to us to reach out at any time if things were feeling too hectic or even if we needed advice with non-music related wedding planning. I thought this showed wonderful character.

On the day of the wedding, we didn't have time to see much of Steve before cocktail hour and the reception. But he absolutely killed it during our cocktail hour playing the sax. People are still raving about it. And he announced us into our reception like a pro (obviously, because he is a professional) and led us through the course of events (cutting cake, first dance) with his announcing. Which was great, as we'd practically forgotten what we were supposed to do!

The rest of the night, the dance floor was packed. He knew exactly the right songs to play at the right time. And he definitely knew when to tell anyone at the wedding...nope, that's not on the song list (we weren't big group dance fans). We were very lucky to have Steve DJ at our wedding. Our friends and family are still talking about how it's the most fun they've had at a wedding in years. And how they've never seen such a crowded dance floor. So clearly, I'd definitely recommend Steve to anyone looking to have a DJ who knows exactly what they're doing, but who also truly cares about you as a customer/couple.

Services Used: DJ

Steve was absolutely wonderful, fun, respectful, and accommodating. He had a huge part in making our wedding a success!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

We had such a phenomenal experience with Saxman slim. We were lucky enough to have Matt take care of our wedding reception. My dad wanted me to have live music and Saxman slim was the best of both worlds. We live in Texas and Matt was very flexible and skyped with my husband and myself. It is very apparent that Matt and Saxman Slim knows what he is doing. He addressed all concerns and was incredibly thorough and attentive. The dance floor was not empty the entire night and people danced all the way until the last song. The only time the floor started to clear he quickly switched songs and got everyone back moving. Our guests continue to rave about Saxman slim.