Salero

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My wedding day was absolutely amazing! Everything went so smoothly. Dawn and the rest of the staff at Salero are beyond amazing! They were all so kind and helpful during our reception, they made sure to keep our drinks flowing (which was great) and ensured that we had a wonderful time. Dawn was always available via email or phone to answer any questions we had regarding our day. We also had a beach ceremony, with backup plan ready in case for bad weather (thankfully it was a beautiful day). Dawn is truly a wonderful person and was so easy going and laid back which made me feel even more comfortable, and allowed me to have such a fantastic time at our wedding! I have a brother who is wheel chair bound, and she made sure that the layout of the room accommodated him to be able to have just as much fun as us and had full access to the dining area and dance floor.

DJ Mike was also just as wonderful. He made sure to keep the music flowing and had all the guests on their feet dancing. I hardly sat down along with many other guests. All songs requested were played. Mike is a very nice gentlemen!

The food at Salero is delicious, our guests are still talking about the wonderful food that was served! Everything was cooked to perfection! Truly one of the best meals I have ever had!

My only complaint is that the night went by way too fast! My husband and I had the time of our lives, and it is a day we will always remember. I would highly recommend anyone to Salero!

Not sure why I am coming up as a Private User; but my name is Kristen Schaefer, my husband is Daniel Vigliotti and we were married on June 21, 2015

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

If I could give Dawn and this venue a 10 I would! I don't even know where to start! Dawn was wonderful, calm, flexible and professional throughout everything. She and her crew adjusted to photos that took longer than expected and toasts that were a little long but absolutely beautiful. She told us what to do and what to expect. Service with a smile. Of course the view can not be beat!!!
The food was exceptional. The only problem was that it was hard to decide on what to serve our guests as appetizers and entrees because everything tasted amazing. I would strongly suggest the shrimp stuffed with crab. Even the salad was fantastic.
DJ Mike had everyone up and dancing and Dawn kept reminding us that this was "our" night and not to worry about anything else. Our guests have to told us that this was the best wedding they have ever been to.
There are not enough kind words to say. If you can have your wedding or event here, consider yourself VERY lucky indeed and don't worry about anything. Dawn will make sure it's perfect!

Private User
Recently Married

My husband and I got married on 5/30/2015 and we used Dawn and the Salero. From day 1 she was helpful, attentive and always available for questions. There was absolutely no stress on our part because she was on top of everything. The wedding and the reception exceeded all of our expectations. The ceremony, the food, the DJ and the whole staff were excellent. I highly recommend Salero. Dawn and her staff truly go above and beyond. I will recommend them before anyone else! Thanks again guys! -Allison Jaskewich

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Salero on 4/4/15, and amazing does not even begin to describe it. It was everything I had envisioned and more! Dawn and her staff took care of every need I had (most of the time before I even realized I needed it)! DJ MIke kept everyone dancing and all night long, and really made everything just flow smoothly! The food was delicious!! Every person I have talked to since returning home from my honeymoon have all said the same thing, that mine was the best wedding they had ever attended, and just raved about the food. The view is simply spectacular as well, we got married during the blood moon, and the red moon rising over the ocean was breath taking!

Lee
04/04/2015

My daughter was married on 04/4/15 and her reception was held at the Salero on the top floor of the Henlopen hotel.
We could have not asked for a better wedding! The venue and experienced staff were all amazing. Mike, the DJ, was awesome as well.
The food...amazing! People are still talking about how great the appetizers, meals, chocolate fountain was.
I cannot say enough good things about Dawn, Chef David and the Salero.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at the Salero on November 8, 2014. We had our ceremony on the dance floor followed by the reception and it was AMAZING!

You can't beat the view and the venue is already so nicely decorated that we didn't need to add a lot of decorations to it, just centerpieces and a few added touches here and there. We live two hours away in Pennsylvania and found that this was a great place for a destination wedding. Dawn takes care of so many aspects and lets you know when she needs something from you, so you don't have to constantly worry what needs to be done. We were able to focus on other things such as dresses, favors, invites, etc.

Dawn and her serving staff and Chef David and his kitchen staff did an outstanding job with our sit down dinner. The food came out flawlessly and quickly and was delicious. Over half the guests had the crab cakes and were raving about them. We had the oysters as one of our appetizers which were brought in from Chincoteague, Virginia fresh (highly recommended)! They have a wide variety of food for everybody, no matter what you taste is.

The in-house DJ Mike was fantastic! We had some rare requests and Mike was able to play all of them for us. He had great energy and kept the party going all night. The dance floor was crowded the whole reception!

Lastly, on the Salero website, Dawn has recommended vendors for things such as photographer, cakes, flowers, etc which was great for us since we don't live in the area. We used her suggestions for photographer (Rob Korb Photography), cake (Carolina Sugar Fairy) and flowers (Bayberry) and they were exceptional as well!

All in all, Dawn, David and their staff gave us an incredible wedding day. We had guests from all over the country, ages 6 months to 90 years old and EVERYONE had an incredible time! We couldn't ask for anything more and the price for such a 5 star wedding, food and view can't be beat! Thank you Salero!
Kendrick and Travis

1 person found this review helpful

My husband, Stephen, & I had an absolutely amazing wedding at the Salero Ocean Front Venue on October 19th.

Dawn (the owner of Salero) went above & beyond all of our expectations! She was always available every step of the way, to answer any and all questions we had prior to our wedding. She especially helped to keep me calm during all of the stress/anxiety which comes along with the wedding planning! I couldn't have asked for a better business person to work with, & she truly treats you and makes you feel like family! Love her so much & couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out!

The food...was...OUT OF THIS WORLD! Her husband, the head chef at Salero, did a phenomenal job with the food. All of our guests were, and still are, raving about the food. The menu offers so many selections (and everything tasted soooooo good) which made it so difficult to make our final choices, but we were completely satisfied with everything. No complaints whatsoever!

DJ Mike, Salero's own resident DJ, was spectacular! He played the music on the beach during our ceremony, as well as all of the music during our reception. He definitely knew how to keep the crowd dancing, & everyone had such an enjoyable evening with such awesome music!

Finally, the wait staff & bartenders at Salero were sooooooo great! They were all so pleasant & always made sure that Stephen & myself, as well as all of our guests, were being taken care of throughout the evening!

All in all, I would recommend the Salero venue to EVERYONE times 1,000,000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person found this review helpful

I could not say enough good things about Salero! Our beach ceremony and reception were flawless thanks to Dawn and her staff. The DJ was awesome, food was amazing and staff was top notch.

Jennifer
10/05/2014

My husband and I were married on 10/5/2014 in Rehoboth and we had our reception at the Salero- People are STILL saying what a great wedding it was! Dawn is amazing to work with, she has a way of making you feel at ease while being tentative, organized and very professional! She is honest, extremely helpful and truly does go above and beyond to help you with any issues or questions you may have! The food was amazing, what I wouldn't do to have a meal like that again! DJ Mike not only did our ceremony music which was so convenient, but he kept the party going all night! There were people on the dance floor all night long and he did a great job Mc'ing as well! Dawn and her entire staff were on point throughout the night and I can honestly say you are in the best of hands; I didn’t have one care or worry all night! For the high quality of service, the breathtaking views and all that comes with the wedding packages, simply put: it is the BEST! Thank you Dawn and your entire staff for ensuring our wedding was all we hoped it would be and much more!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

My daughter was married on the beach in front of the Henlopen Hotel in Rehoboth Beach, DE on 10/4/14 and her reception was held at the Salero on the top floor of the hotel. To say that everything was perfect would be an understatement. Dawn Horton made sure that every detail was handled with as little stress to me as possible, answering every question that I emailed her...and I had quite a few...promptly and cheerfully. Everything was excellent...food, ambience, DJ. I cannot say enough good things about Dawn, Chef David and the Salero.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dawn and her team are incredible! Almost a month later and people are still talking about how much fun our wedding was. We utilized the Salero's chairs and white flags for our ceremony on the beach. Everything was set up over an hour before our ceremony began giving us plenty of time to set up and put out ceremony décor. As soon as my husband and I got upstairs for the end of cocktail hour, Dawn had food and drinks ready to go for us and our bridal party. It was a great way to ensure we were able to eat some of the cocktail hour appetizers. Once the reception began Dawn and her staff were polite, professional, and kept the entire timeline of events on track. The staff was extremely attentive to my husband and I ensuring we always had a drink in hand. The food was amazing!!! At Dawn's recommendation we chose to do a combo plate with ginger glazed chicken and crab cakes. We had guests licking their plates clean! Once dinner was over DJ Mike took the reception to a whole new level. Our guests danced for 4 1/2 hours straight! We also had a photobooth, which Dawn was more than willing to accommodate. Overall our day was absolutely perfect!! We owe most of that to the Salero and it's incredible team led by Dawn. Thank you for making our day unforgettable in the best way possible :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Salero was a stunning venue! The food was amazing! The views spectacular! The music kept everyone on the dance floor having a great time! Working with Dawn and DJ Mike was easy and they were very responsive and made sure my wedding and reception were a dream come true! My guests raved about how wonderful my reception was. I highly recommend Salero for any events!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Salero was the absolute most perfect place to have our wedding reception. Our guests have commented about how amazing everything was... from the food, to the music, to the view. Many guests have even said that it's the best wedding that they have ever attended! Dawn was fantastic... so incredibly easy to work with during our planning. She was always very responsive to our emails and phone calls, and she really listened to what we wanted our wedding to look like. In fact, she encouraged it! If we could do it all over again, we would go back to Salero next weekend!! It was the most amazing night of our lives. Thanks, Dawn, DJ Mike and the rest of the crew at Salero! :)

Private User
Recently Married

We fell in love with the ocean view at Salero at first sight. We knew instantly that the dining room layout and huge dance floor would be the key ingredients for a stupendous evening. And they were!

We had a wonderful wedding at Salero on the Beach. The food, atmosphere and service were amazing. Dawn and her staff kept the show running seamlessly!

DJ Mike kept our guests dancing all night. At one point, every single person was on the dance floor.. even my 90 year-old grand-pa!

We held an after-party at Obies by the Sea just a few doors down, and there was plenty of space for everyone

Wish we could go back but thank you for the memories! Yes, Yes, Yes to Salero!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Salero is top notch, hands down the best place to have your wedding day! Dawn is on it at all times making sure everything went smoothly from planning to the day of. The food was AMAZING. The DJ rocked the house and was able to create a playlist for several generations to enjoy. And the cook was able to accommodate my and my family's many food allergies. I wouldn't change anything about my wedding day because of Salero.

3 people found this review helpful
Deanna
08/01/2014

Where to begin...Salero is FABULOUS. Dawn Horton is AMAZING. We had no stress, no worries just endless smiles and comforting words from Dawn always. She is the most beautiful person. Our wedding was August 1st 2014 and our day was absolutely PERFECT. The Salero is gorgeous, the food phenomenal, the entire staff wonderful, Mike the dj outstanding. We had 100 people and our guests continue to rave about it being the best wedding they have ever been too. We have to agree. Dawn took care of everything, we worried about nothing. We enjoyed every minute of our day and that's because Dawn is INCREDIBLE! Words cannot describe how happy we were with EVERYTHING, it was the greatest day ever.!! We would not change one thing about our day..it truly was that perfect! Thank you again to Dawn, her husband and the entire staff.