Rockwood Carriage House - Greenery Caterers

Rockwood Carriage House - Greenery Caterers

Creative cuisine for business and pleasure.

4671 Washington Street
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Margaret and Michelle are both such a pleasure to work with! The venue itself is amazing and I can not wait to get married there this May! I have heard the food is to die for and am so anxious for my tasting!

• Wedding: 05/30/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Rockwood Carriage House is an amazing place to have a wedding. The location is amazing and very beautiful. The staff all work really hard to make your day perfect and the food was phenomenal! Our wedding was perfect and the Rockwood Carriage House was a perfect place to have our wedding! Everyone who attended loved the venue!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rockwood was such a joy to work with! Everyone was so accommodating. I knew it was the right place for me when I met with Patti. Patti was so easy to work with. Everything we said we would like she was happy to do. Craig does the most intricate carvings on pumpkins and just set us over the edge. Leading up to the wedding, Michelle, Margaret and Patti were all available anytime I had questions. On our wedding day Michelle greeted all the guests and kept the whole evening running on time. Everything was just as I had imagined. People kept telling me that something would go wrong, something always goes wrong. Not with Rockwood, everything was perfect. We opted for a buffet and Michelle served us at the head table. We had several guests who traveled from Ireland. My aunt and uncle came over. My uncle is in a wheelchair and my aunt remarked how Michelle was so helpful to them. This was the first event she has ever been to where someone (Michelle) offered to get my uncle drinks from the bar and his plate of food. My aunt has always had to get two plates of food or two drinks. She was so moved at how Michelle went above and beyond in such a thoughtful well. I can't say enough wonderful things about Michelle. She made sure everything was perfect the day of our wedding and it truly was. I highly recommend working with Rockwood and everyone at Greenery Caterers.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful from start to finish. Venue is Beautiful. The catering is superb. The food was the best I have ever had at a wedding. The staff is very professional and helpful.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014

Rustic, Elegant, Intimate

That is how our daughter described the wedding she envisioned. The Greenery team made that a reality at the picturesque Carriage House for our celebration. From the outdoor ceremony to the indoor/outdoor cocktail hour and also the reception, the Greenery team helped her vision come together seamlessly. Patti, Michelle and the staff are experienced, professional and all about delivering beyond expectations. They are flexible, assuring, and pleasant from planning to execution. They have a list of vendors and suggestions to help with all aspects of planning a wedding. An indoor ceremony room eliminates the worry of inclement weather. The long winding drive from main road, through the Rockwood Park to the secluded venue is the perfect segue from ”everyday” to “extraordinary.” The “Day of” service was more than we could have asked for – with the staff anticipating needs and moving everything along graciously. We had used the Greenery many times over the years for personal and professional events, but nothing on the scale of a sit down dinner for 124 with wine service. The food was even better than at the tasting, and the service attentive but unobtrusive.

The bride and groom had a wonderful day and our guests were effusive in their praise: “storybook’; “gracious”, “beyond beautiful”, “elegant setting”, “delicious food” are just a few of the many compliments we received. A venue and team we would absolutely return to again.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Carriage House at Rockwood Park is, in my humble opinion, the perfect place to get married (I may be slightly biased). In terms of the grounds and reception area, everything is beautiful, well maintained, and has a sort of organic rustic feeling that I wanted for my wedding. I chose to get married in the area outside the walled gardens facing the museum. I was worried that the area would have too much foot traffic, but on the day of it was totally private and beautiful. The back up option upstairs is also wonderful and part of the reason we ended up booking the venue because both the inside and outside options are fabulous. The reception area was perfect, and the dance floor was a great size. It did get a little hot in there (we were married in September 2014) but I think thats inevitable when 140 people are dancing in one location. Plus I did have that long white dress on, not the most breathable.

In terms of the staff and logistics, this venue really knows how to run a wedding. From the beginning, you'll work with Patti who is so pleasant and answers the big picture questions and helps you set down a day. Then you will transition to Margaret, who is incredibly responsive via email and anytime she doesn't know the answer to a question will defer to Patti and get it answered ASAP. And then, in your final meeting and the day of the wedding you will deal with Michelle mostly. She's a god-send. She knows exactly what questions to ask in your final meeting to make the day run smoothly. I honestly didn't even have to think about what things to have out and what to do when because she was running the show.

I guess you may want to know about food and drink too... they're great. The tasting is pretty damn accurate for the quality of food you'll have day of. You don't get to taste the appetizers, which caused me a little angst but I can tell you the ones I had were delicious. We got the shrimp cocktail, buffalo shrimp, scallops wrapped in bacon, meatballs, spinach ar

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best choice I made for my wedding day was choosing to have my ceremony and reception at the Carriage House. Everything (staff, food, atmosphere, etc.) was absolutely amazing. I would definitely book special events with Greenery Caterers in the future.

• Wedding: 09/15/2014
Joanne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing! Beautiful! It was our Dream Wedding! Our guests are still raving about our wonderful day!

• Wedding: 09/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We honestly could not have had a better experience! I feel in love with this venue! And the amazing food, service, and gardens were a plus! Michelle, is a doll and was perfect on our wedding day! You'll regret having your wedding anywhere else!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My Husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Rockwood Carriage House (Greenery Caterers). They did an outstanding job!! We had only a 5 month engagement. There was so much for us to do in such a short time frame. This venue, and the staff bent over backwards, and were so helpful. Our day was amazing and Greenery Caterers at Rockwood Carriage House has so much to do with it!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The whole staff at Rockwood made our wedding an absolute dream. They are fun but know their stuff. They were all so accommodating to myself, my groom, parents, and entire bridal party. Michelle kept everything running smoothly and averted any crises. The ambiance is stunning and warm. It needs very little added to make it beautiful. We had our ceremony upstairs and took photos outside - the atmosphere creates itself. Plus, the food is DELICIOUS. They ran the buffet so efficiently that everyone's food was hot and yummy. I would recommend to any bride - especially if you're looking for a unique, affordable venue.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The best word to phrase my experience is excellence. One may say really but I can only account for what was provided to me. The staff was professional and friendly. The food outstanding and venue classic. My guest ranted and raved on how elegant and classy the event had been. Kudos to Michelle Quirk, who was fantastic. She addressed the needs of my guest, she was very personable and made sure everyone was comfortable. She is an asset to your company. Michelle thank you for all that you did to make my day a complete success. I would strongly recommend considering using the Carriage House for upcoming events. Once again Thank you

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Perfection, top to bottom. I knew from our tasting session the food was excellent. Nothing about the food or service was "banquet food" The continual comments from our guest regarding the hor d'oeuvres to salad to main course were words or praise and delight. They accommodated multiple dietary needs for our guest from Kosher to Gluten Free and Gluten Free Dairy Free. No one suffered from cross contamination. We chose three food stations as apposed to table service and the presentation was beautiful. The food line flow was smooth and coordinated. The bar service was professional and accommodating to our guest. I preferred the host byob approach which was cheaper and I knew what to provide for my guest. All unopened bottles were returned to me at the end of the evening. Greenery Caterers would also be great for other events e.g., reunions and corporate events. Highly pleased. Now the venue: could not have been better. Positive experience working with Margaret and Michelle. You will not find a better and more knowledgable group of people to work with. Michelle is superb with detail, coordination and consistently on top of her game. Many of my guest commented about how wonderful and efficient Michelle was the entire evening. I was at ease knowing Michelle was present and never once had to worry about a single thing the entire night from prep, arrival of my guest, ceremony and reception. Michelle seems to accomplish all of this with poise, grace and her kind and comforting presence. We will miss working with this team.

• Wedding: 08/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can honestly say that you cannot go wrong with having your wedding at the Rockwood Carriage House for a variety of reasons. My wedding was as perfect as it could have been! First off, I received a lot of complements about the food. Their food is amazing! Secondly, it is a gorgeous venue. I got a variety of pictures around the park, the carriage house, and the reception space. Another reason is that they are extremely flexible! I kept on changing my mind about the decorations and Michelle and Margaret were always so accommodating and understanding. I was also a little anxious to see how the decorations were going to turn out despite the fact that I hired a florist and explained to Michelle what I wanted in certain areas. Everything was perfect and since the inside has exposed stone, it made everything look extremely romantic! (I had floating orchids). Throughout the reception, Michelle was also very attentive and on top of things, even my drinks! You will not regret having your wedding there because they are awesome!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

An amazing experience from start to finish. Rockwood team made this easy for us out-of-towners. Michelle was a rockstar from start to finish! Wouldn't change a thing!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter's wedding reception was held at the Carriage House at Rockwood Park, and it was an absolutely wonderful experience. This unique building is inviting with casual elegance, surrounded by gardens and walking paths. The service provided by Greenery Caterers is unmatched. The food was phenomenal and our guests were so pleased. The staff was very easy to work with and encouraged us to personalize the space to reflect the personality of the bride and groom. They were very patient with our many questions and made us feel very special. We could not be happier and would highly recommend this venue!

302-472-2433
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards