Rockwood Carriage House - Greenery Caterers

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I can't say enough great things about this place!!! Everyone we worked with was fantastic - so helpful and accommodating! Michelle put me at ease and made sure everything was absolutely perfect. Once the big day finally came, I didn't have to worry about a thing! The venue is gorgeous and has so many places to take pictures inside and out. We were going to get married in the gardens but the weather was iffy so we moved it inside just a few hours before the ceremony with no problems at all. The upstairs ceremony space is beautiful, and a wonderful back-up plan for bad weather. The food was delicious - we went with the filet and crabcake combo. They even sent someone to pick up more whiskey for us because our guests drank it all. Patti, Margaret, Michelle, Craig, and all of the staff were so wonderful! Worth every penny!

Recently Married

We used the Greenery Caterers for my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception at the Delaware Natural History Museum and I am so very glad that we chose The Greenery. The wedding had to be planned in a very short time and Craig from The Greenery was the first vendor and most important vendor in making it happen. He was the most personable, helpful, patient (needed with my daughter), understanding, most professional, caring person we could have dealt with. A wedding stands and falls largely with the quality and service the caterer provides and Craig's food, we chose a plated buffet style dinner, was absolutely top notch. The staff was incredible and his assistant Yvonne helped us stay on top of the timeline of the ceremony and other parts of the evening in an also very caring, kind, friendly and efficient manner. I cannot say enough about the Greenery and totally recommend them to all my friends and family. Thank you Craig and staff!

Services Used: Catering

Margaret and Michelle are both such a pleasure to work with! The venue itself is amazing and I can not wait to get married there this May! I have heard the food is to die for and am so anxious for my tasting!

Recently Married

Our wedding took a lot of planning and we were counting on the Greeney Caterers to not only provide ridiculously delicious food, but also coordinate the wedding AND THEY DELIVERED! Not only did every member of the staff do whatever they could to make the day perfect, but they are more than just caterers. The Greenery helps coordinate the day of - Michele was absolutely TOP NOTCH and we had nothing to worry about the entire day. Once the ceremony was over, the cocktail hour and reception commenced and the Greenery did not disappoint. Some of the quotes from our guests were:
"That was the best crab cake I have ever had."
"Each hor d'oeuvre got better than the previous, by the time dinner came I wasn't hungry, but the food was so good I had to eat!"
"The bartenders were on point - my glass was never empty,"
"The filet just melted in my mouth and I don't know what was in the sauce, but I just about licked the plate clean."

The final quote that we heard about 50 times was that "this was the greatest wedding I have ever been to" and we owe a large majority of that to The Greenery Caterers. No matter what you get from the menu, the food is high quality, delicious, and always delivered with a smile. I highly recommend The Greenery Caterers for your wedding needs, but also for any catering needs - we are going to use them for every catering event we have in the future.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Greenery Caterers helped make our wedding planning go so smoothly! Michelle and Margaret were so helpful and knowledgeable and very flexible with our schedules since we were planning from out-of-town! Everybody raved about the venue and the food during the wedding! We couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with during this special event!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rockwood Carriage House is absolutely beautiful ! Greenery Caterers was outstanding ! They made our wedding day absolutely perfect. I had some extra displays for cupcakes / gift table and wedding favors and they made it all happen just as I wanted. The food was awesome from the hors d'oeuvres to the main meal. It was all simply delicious. The special carvings were beautiful as well. Our Wedding Day was simply perfect. I would highly recommend them to any bride or to anyone having a special event.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Michelle, Margaret and Patti are all fantastic to work with! We had a wonderful day in a beautiful place. All of our guests felt the food was awesome (I agree, I did actually have some!), the drinks were flowing, the music was perfect (we used one of their DJ recommendations), and overall it was an A+! I'd highly recommend the Carriage House and Greenery Caterers!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not be more pleased with my experience at Rockwood Carriage House. The setting is beautiful, the staff is courteous and professional and all of my guests raved about the food. I chose to have my ceremony upstairs at the venue which felt intimate and meaningful. It was great for my guests to walk down the stairs to the cocktail hour and reception. We frequently worked with Michelle, who took care of all our questions and needs with a smile.The staff is great about contacting the bride and groom throughout each step of the wedding process. They made it so I could enjoy my day with my husband and guests.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Greenery Caterers made my big day the best day ever! I knew I wanted to have my reception at rockwood as soon as I saw the venue. The building alone is everything you need for a perfect backdrop! When it came to the planning Michelle and Patti made it so easy for me. They listened and added suggestions when necessary. Every request my parents or I had were fulfilled, even down to the late night snack for my guest at 11pm of burgers and tater tots!! My guests are still talking about the food and how it was the best they have ever had at a wedding! Thank you Patti!!

Michelle was beyond amazing and even the guests noticed! My Champagne glass was never empty, whenever i turned around Michelle was there filling me up! seriously the best.

I highly recommend rockwood and greenery. I could not be happier.

Joanna
11/16/2014

The location is gorgeous. Rustic but elegant, beautiful wood floors and stone walls. The mansion is right next door and the grounds are beautiful. The Greenery is excellent in every area. From starting the process and all the communication to getting everything just right, they never skipped a beat. Craig and Patti are great to work with along with Michelle and Margaret. Michelle will pretty much be your right hand girl on the wedding day and help you prepare and be where you need to be on the big day... She was fantastic and fun! The food is delicious. The bar tenders kept the drinks flowing and everyone agreed it was the best wedding they have ever been too! I highly recommend them for any occasion but from my experience everything went perfect.

Recently Married

The Rockwood Carriage House is an amazing place to have a wedding. The location is amazing and very beautiful. The staff all work really hard to make your day perfect and the food was phenomenal! Our wedding was perfect and the Rockwood Carriage House was a perfect place to have our wedding! Everyone who attended loved the venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was truly a day beyond my wildest dreams. We held our ceremony in the space upstairs which made for some beautiful pictures. We had a small reception with 66 guests, and I was glad they were able to provide full service for a smaller group. They allowed my bridal party to arrive early that day so we could have hair and make-up done right on site. That really kept me relaxed! Michelle was so helpful that day and the food was delicious. We chose the stations menu with the carving, pasta and salad/veggie stations. I was surprised how tasty the turkey was. So many guests commented that it was one of the most fun weddings they ever attended. The beautiful grounds made the backdrop for our gorgeous pictures. My only regret is that I did not eat a piece of the wedding cake...I was too busy dancing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rockwood was such a joy to work with! Everyone was so accommodating. I knew it was the right place for me when I met with Patti. Patti was so easy to work with. Everything we said we would like she was happy to do. Craig does the most intricate carvings on pumpkins and just set us over the edge. Leading up to the wedding, Michelle, Margaret and Patti were all available anytime I had questions. On our wedding day Michelle greeted all the guests and kept the whole evening running on time. Everything was just as I had imagined. People kept telling me that something would go wrong, something always goes wrong. Not with Rockwood, everything was perfect. We opted for a buffet and Michelle served us at the head table. We had several guests who traveled from Ireland. My aunt and uncle came over. My uncle is in a wheelchair and my aunt remarked how Michelle was so helpful to them. This was the first event she has ever been to where someone (Michelle) offered to get my uncle drinks from the bar and his plate of food. My aunt has always had to get two plates of food or two drinks. She was so moved at how Michelle went above and beyond in such a thoughtful well. I can't say enough wonderful things about Michelle. She made sure everything was perfect the day of our wedding and it truly was. I highly recommend working with Rockwood and everyone at Greenery Caterers.

Joanne
10/07/2014

Best choice I made for my wedding day was choosing to have my ceremony and reception at the Carriage House. Everything (staff, food, atmosphere, etc.) was absolutely amazing. I would definitely book special events with Greenery Caterers in the future.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful from start to finish. Venue is Beautiful. The catering is superb. The food was the best I have ever had at a wedding. The staff is very professional and helpful.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Rustic, Elegant, Intimate

That is how our daughter described the wedding she envisioned. The Greenery team made that a reality at the picturesque Carriage House for our celebration. From the outdoor ceremony to the indoor/outdoor cocktail hour and also the reception, the Greenery team helped her vision come together seamlessly. Patti, Michelle and the staff are experienced, professional and all about delivering beyond expectations. They are flexible, assuring, and pleasant from planning to execution. They have a list of vendors and suggestions to help with all aspects of planning a wedding. An indoor ceremony room eliminates the worry of inclement weather. The long winding drive from main road, through the Rockwood Park to the secluded venue is the perfect segue from ”everyday” to “extraordinary.” The “Day of” service was more than we could have asked for – with the staff anticipating needs and moving everything along graciously. We had used the Greenery many times over the years for personal and professional events, but nothing on the scale of a sit down dinner for 124 with wine service. The food was even better than at the tasting, and the service attentive but unobtrusive.

The bride and groom had a wonderful day and our guests were effusive in their praise: “storybook’; “gracious”, “beyond beautiful”, “elegant setting”, “delicious food” are just a few of the many compliments we received. A venue and team we would absolutely return to again.