Rockwood Carriage House - Greenery Caterers

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Margaret and Michelle are both such a pleasure to work with! The venue itself is amazing and I can not wait to get married there this May! I have heard the food is to die for and am so anxious for my tasting!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Greenery Caterers helped make our wedding planning go so smoothly! Michelle and Margaret were so helpful and knowledgeable and very flexible with our schedules since we were planning from out-of-town! Everybody raved about the venue and the food during the wedding! We couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with during this special event!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rockwood Carriage House is absolutely beautiful ! Greenery Caterers was outstanding ! They made our wedding day absolutely perfect. I had some extra displays for cupcakes / gift table and wedding favors and they made it all happen just as I wanted. The food was awesome from the hors d'oeuvres to the main meal. It was all simply delicious. The special carvings were beautiful as well. Our Wedding Day was simply perfect. I would highly recommend them to any bride or to anyone having a special event.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not be more pleased with my experience at Rockwood Carriage House. The setting is beautiful, the staff is courteous and professional and all of my guests raved about the food. I chose to have my ceremony upstairs at the venue which felt intimate and meaningful. It was great for my guests to walk down the stairs to the cocktail hour and reception. We frequently worked with Michelle, who took care of all our questions and needs with a smile.The staff is great about contacting the bride and groom throughout each step of the wedding process. They made it so I could enjoy my day with my husband and guests.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Greenery Caterers made my big day the best day ever! I knew I wanted to have my reception at rockwood as soon as I saw the venue. The building alone is everything you need for a perfect backdrop! When it came to the planning Michelle and Patti made it so easy for me. They listened and added suggestions when necessary. Every request my parents or I had were fulfilled, even down to the late night snack for my guest at 11pm of burgers and tater tots!! My guests are still talking about the food and how it was the best they have ever had at a wedding! Thank you Patti!!

Michelle was beyond amazing and even the guests noticed! My Champagne glass was never empty, whenever i turned around Michelle was there filling me up! seriously the best.

I highly recommend rockwood and greenery. I could not be happier.

Joanna
11/16/2014

The location is gorgeous. Rustic but elegant, beautiful wood floors and stone walls. The mansion is right next door and the grounds are beautiful. The Greenery is excellent in every area. From starting the process and all the communication to getting everything just right, they never skipped a beat. Craig and Patti are great to work with along with Michelle and Margaret. Michelle will pretty much be your right hand girl on the wedding day and help you prepare and be where you need to be on the big day... She was fantastic and fun! The food is delicious. The bar tenders kept the drinks flowing and everyone agreed it was the best wedding they have ever been too! I highly recommend them for any occasion but from my experience everything went perfect.

Recently Married

The Rockwood Carriage House is an amazing place to have a wedding. The location is amazing and very beautiful. The staff all work really hard to make your day perfect and the food was phenomenal! Our wedding was perfect and the Rockwood Carriage House was a perfect place to have our wedding! Everyone who attended loved the venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was truly a day beyond my wildest dreams. We held our ceremony in the space upstairs which made for some beautiful pictures. We had a small reception with 66 guests, and I was glad they were able to provide full service for a smaller group. They allowed my bridal party to arrive early that day so we could have hair and make-up done right on site. That really kept me relaxed! Michelle was so helpful that day and the food was delicious. We chose the stations menu with the carving, pasta and salad/veggie stations. I was surprised how tasty the turkey was. So many guests commented that it was one of the most fun weddings they ever attended. The beautiful grounds made the backdrop for our gorgeous pictures. My only regret is that I did not eat a piece of the wedding cake...I was too busy dancing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rockwood was such a joy to work with! Everyone was so accommodating. I knew it was the right place for me when I met with Patti. Patti was so easy to work with. Everything we said we would like she was happy to do. Craig does the most intricate carvings on pumpkins and just set us over the edge. Leading up to the wedding, Michelle, Margaret and Patti were all available anytime I had questions. On our wedding day Michelle greeted all the guests and kept the whole evening running on time. Everything was just as I had imagined. People kept telling me that something would go wrong, something always goes wrong. Not with Rockwood, everything was perfect. We opted for a buffet and Michelle served us at the head table. We had several guests who traveled from Ireland. My aunt and uncle came over. My uncle is in a wheelchair and my aunt remarked how Michelle was so helpful to them. This was the first event she has ever been to where someone (Michelle) offered to get my uncle drinks from the bar and his plate of food. My aunt has always had to get two plates of food or two drinks. She was so moved at how Michelle went above and beyond in such a thoughtful well. I can't say enough wonderful things about Michelle. She made sure everything was perfect the day of our wedding and it truly was. I highly recommend working with Rockwood and everyone at Greenery Caterers.

Joanne
10/07/2014

Best choice I made for my wedding day was choosing to have my ceremony and reception at the Carriage House. Everything (staff, food, atmosphere, etc.) was absolutely amazing. I would definitely book special events with Greenery Caterers in the future.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful from start to finish. Venue is Beautiful. The catering is superb. The food was the best I have ever had at a wedding. The staff is very professional and helpful.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Rustic, Elegant, Intimate

That is how our daughter described the wedding she envisioned. The Greenery team made that a reality at the picturesque Carriage House for our celebration. From the outdoor ceremony to the indoor/outdoor cocktail hour and also the reception, the Greenery team helped her vision come together seamlessly. Patti, Michelle and the staff are experienced, professional and all about delivering beyond expectations. They are flexible, assuring, and pleasant from planning to execution. They have a list of vendors and suggestions to help with all aspects of planning a wedding. An indoor ceremony room eliminates the worry of inclement weather. The long winding drive from main road, through the Rockwood Park to the secluded venue is the perfect segue from ”everyday” to “extraordinary.” The “Day of” service was more than we could have asked for – with the staff anticipating needs and moving everything along graciously. We had used the Greenery many times over the years for personal and professional events, but nothing on the scale of a sit down dinner for 124 with wine service. The food was even better than at the tasting, and the service attentive but unobtrusive.

The bride and groom had a wonderful day and our guests were effusive in their praise: “storybook’; “gracious”, “beyond beautiful”, “elegant setting”, “delicious food” are just a few of the many compliments we received. A venue and team we would absolutely return to again.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Carriage House at Rockwood Park is, in my humble opinion, the perfect place to get married (I may be slightly biased). In terms of the grounds and reception area, everything is beautiful, well maintained, and has a sort of organic rustic feeling that I wanted for my wedding. I chose to get married in the area outside the walled gardens facing the museum. I was worried that the area would have too much foot traffic, but on the day of it was totally private and beautiful. The back up option upstairs is also wonderful and part of the reason we ended up booking the venue because both the inside and outside options are fabulous. The reception area was perfect, and the dance floor was a great size. It did get a little hot in there (we were married in September 2014) but I think thats inevitable when 140 people are dancing in one location. Plus I did have that long white dress on, not the most breathable.

In terms of the staff and logistics, this venue really knows how to run a wedding. From the beginning, you'll work with Patti who is so pleasant and answers the big picture questions and helps you set down a day. Then you will transition to Margaret, who is incredibly responsive via email and anytime she doesn't know the answer to a question will defer to Patti and get it answered ASAP. And then, in your final meeting and the day of the wedding you will deal with Michelle mostly. She's a god-send. She knows exactly what questions to ask in your final meeting to make the day run smoothly. I honestly didn't even have to think about what things to have out and what to do when because she was running the show.

I guess you may want to know about food and drink too... they're great. The tasting is pretty damn accurate for the quality of food you'll have day of. You don't get to taste the appetizers, which caused me a little angst but I can tell you the ones I had were delicious. We got the shrimp cocktail, buffalo shrimp, scallops wrapped in bacon, meatballs, spinach ar

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing! Beautiful! It was our Dream Wedding! Our guests are still raving about our wonderful day!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Recently Married

We honestly could not have had a better experience! I feel in love with this venue! And the amazing food, service, and gardens were a plus! Michelle, is a doll and was perfect on our wedding day! You'll regret having your wedding anywhere else!

1 Review
Recently Married

My Husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Rockwood Carriage House (Greenery Caterers). They did an outstanding job!! We had only a 5 month engagement. There was so much for us to do in such a short time frame. This venue, and the staff bent over backwards, and were so helpful. Our day was amazing and Greenery Caterers at Rockwood Carriage House has so much to do with it!