Rockleigh Country Club

• Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

As much as I want to give them a sparkling review, based on my recent interaction with The Rockleigh, I simply cannot let my story go untold.

Two months prior to our wedding, as we were looking to finalize our menu, our initial banquet manager left. You would think The Rockleigh, the venue we are about to spend our life savings on for our dream wedding, would have called us to let us know our banquet manager would be changing. However, sadly, it was quiet the contrary, as I was never contacted! It took a week of us calling and trying to reach Jeff that I was FINALLY informed he no longer worked at the Rockleigh.

We were then placed with a new banquet manager, Mel. He's been in the industry for a long time, so I was excited to have a veteran working with us. However, to my surprise, when it came to selecting our menu, Mel offered no insight beyond a few smug remarks. We were then told that they never offered menu tastings. However, after asking around to other couples having their wedding at the Rockleigh, we find out that this is false, they have done tastings for recent couples. We were stuck choosing our menu based off a tired old photo album of pictures of food. You would think for someone who's worked at the Rockleigh as long as he had, that he must have tasted the food and could offer some real insight, but no such luck.

To add to our disappointment he was also a no show the day of our event! Now, as I write this, almost two months from my wedding day and I have tried to contact the Rockleigh multiple times on another issue. Unfortunately, a few of our guests had money go missing the night of our event. Mel returned one of my calls a few weeks ago and had agreed to review the security footage from the night of our event. One email and two voice mails later and I still don't have any answers. I guess now that they have our money they don't feel the need to call us back.

Based on our experience, I would not recommend The Rockleigh

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rockni, Zara, Jeff and the staff at the Rockeigh are amazing. We can't thank them enough for all that they did to make our wedding day so memorable and absolutely beautiful. From the breathtaking grounds, incredible interior to the delicious food and professionalism, if we could get married every week, we would!!! Our family & friends are still raving about The Rockleigh. Working with Zara was wonderful, she was prompt to our emails and always made sure we were happy and not stressed. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of thanks to The Rockleigh and the wonderful staff!!

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our reception was beyond beautiful. The food was incredible. All of our guests had an amazing time and were treated very well. The ambiance is beyond beautiful, it is elegant yet welcoming and inviting. We really couldn't ask for a better venue to host our reception. Fred and his assistant Lucy were great. We were also fortunate to have Anthony as our maitre d'. Before we even got out of our limo he greeted us and was very helpful throughout the whole evening. Sandra was a wonderful - and patient bridal attendant. We strongly recommend the Rockleigh as a wedding venue. We hope to return as guests in the near future!

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue is simply magical. The food was superb, all your guest will be stuffed. Outside has a beautiful water fountain and the inside is just grand. The staff met my every need and they truly gave me my dream wedding.

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Shauntee
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter's wedding was held at the Rockleigh and people are still raving about it. As my daughter said, "it was perfect". From the day we signed the contract to the day of the wedding the staff has been courteous, professional,and done everything possible to make us happy.; The day of the wedding they even opened up early to have hair and make-up done for the wedding party. Our wedding event planner, Mel, was beyond spectacular!! My family had different requests and he honored all of them without hesitation. The day of the wedding he was present the entire day to make sure everything was perfect and it was!! Daniella, the bridal attendant,was great as was Jaime,the maitre d, and Lucy ,Mel's assistant. The wedding was beyond even our wildest dreams and if you are planning a wedding the Rockleigh is the way to go. Just try to get the "A" team of Mel, Lucy, Jaime and Daniella. You will love them!!!

• Wedding: 09/07/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great Great Great Place!!!

The service the food the manager were awesome.

Thank you Rockleigh.

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love The Rockleigh. I recommended it to 2 of my friends who also got married here. From the outside, it doesn't look as impressive as it is on the inside. The inside is absolutely gorgeous. With marble a stair case and gigantic chandeliers, the lobby is definitely impressive. There are 2 ballrooms to accommodate 2 functions at a time (but separated of course). But what they're really known for is their 5 star catering. The food is simply amazing! You'll find it hard to find another venue that does the amount, variety and quality like The Rockleigh.
Having said all that, we did have a problem with our ceremony music. During the middle of the processional (before my entrance) The Rockleigh's music was overlapping with my DJ's music. When our maitre'd tried to fade out the music, he accidentally raised the volume. Our maitre'd did apologize profusely but my guests definitely were confused about it. But it was just a mistake.
Our consultant, Rockni was great. He has been with The Rockleigh for many years and is always obliging. His assistant Zara is also great. She was organized, very friendly and prompt with her responses.
Our maitre'd was Jeff. Other than the ceremony music incident, I thought he was fine. However, after the wedding, my guests and bridal party told me he was awful. He was rude to the guests and didn't give good customer service. Of course, this horrified me. So I guess, if given the opportunity to choose your maitre'd, don't go with Jeff. The saving grace of the customer service category was Saundra, my bridal attendant. She's AMAZING!!! I could write a whole paper on how great she really is. Whether it's getting a glass of water or needing emergency repair on a ripped train or adjusting your hair so the pictures come out perfect or holding your train in the rain... she's just there and on top of it.
Overall, I had a great experience with the Rockleigh. Despite some unfortunate circumstances, I would still highly recommend The Rockleigh.

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is not one bad thing to say about The Rockleigh Country Club. My wedding was a complete success and a total hit! Amazing service, hospitality, food and atmosphere. My wedding day was perfect.... just absolutely perfect and The Rockleigh had to do with a large part of the reason why. I seriously do not think there is any place better to get married. Thank you Rockleigh!

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
Alicia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW!! My husband and I had our reception here on August 3, 2013 in the Bristol Room, and words cannot describe the amazingness of this place. From the moment we booked with Rockni, they were beyond perfect. Zara, his assistant, was incredible to work with. She was always so responsive, answering any (and lots) of my questions! And her execution was perfect! Our wedding included a lot of details, including different set ups, and coordination. Zara did not miss a beat, in fact, she even went above and beyond to add to our details!!!! She was there the day of the wedding to greet myself and my husband, and stayed through dinner to ensure everything was just perfect. Rockni also did everything to ensure we had the most perfect day, and moreso, he delivered exactly what he said he would- a beautiful and perfect wedding reception! And now onto the food, service, and ambiance- simply amazing! The Rockleigh's service is top notch. They were attentive to EVERY GUEST (not just my husband, myself, and parents). EVERY GUEST has raved about the service, which is a rareity for a wedding venue! And the food- JUST INCREDIBLE! THe food was delicous, and the abundance was out of this world. We actually were able to eat during our cocktail hour and reception (as the maitre D, Tony, went out of his way to ensure myself and the groom were able to eat and enjoy our food). And it was delicious!!! Our Maitre D Tony was wonderful, making sure myself, the groom and our parents were taken care of all night, as well as he ensured everything ran perfectly. AND IT DID! I would book at The Rockleigh again in a heartbeat. Its been over two weeks since our wedding and guests are still calling my parents about how much they loved it there. We had our dream wedding. Please book here! It is sure to be stressfree, beautiful, and beyond what you could dream up!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The service and staff are truly incredible. Bari was a pleasure to work with and plan the day with. Jaime was incredible the day of making sure everything went off with out a hitch. MY bridal attendant Daniella was at my side at every moemnt making sure I had everything I need. The place is absolutely breathtaking. They really know what they are doing and how to through a party

• Wedding: 07/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were sooo happy we chose the Rockleigh CC for our reception. Me and my husband went to see 19 other halls before we walked into this one and just knew it was the perfect one. The people there are wonderful and I have nothing but wonderful memories of a wedding of our dreams. The family and friends we have spoken to so far all have said that it was by far the most fun and the best food they ever had at a wedding. It is elegant and approachable just like the staff. You will not be dissappointed. See Mel Zalcman and his wonderful assistant Lucy David, and tell them Martez and Aniello say Hi :):)

• Wedding: 07/12/2013
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The place is amazing, I actually called it my castle =)
Can I say amazing food, I have gotten compliment after compliment from my guests!
Mel did truly deliver all my crazy requests =)
It's true when Mel told me, you feel like you are the only party there.
The grounds are perfect for pictures, a bit of vintage, modern, old world in one, and with gardens!
Only complaint I had from the day of the wedding, was it was very hard for my mom to find my Matra'D at times and that they didn't ask if we wanted to have our dinner wrapped up, of which we saved aside to have after the party.
Price-wise, I hate to use the term, "you get what you pay for for." They did throw some extras in, which pleased both us and my mom....the sushi is amazing, best i've ever tasted =)
Can't go wrong with this venue in any nature! It was very stress-free and that's that mattered to me.

• Wedding: 05/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mel and his staff truly do a phenomenal job at The Rockleigh. They are experts and know what they are doing but also are willing to adapt to accommodate whatever you are looking for. Throughout the day, they took care of everything including managing my time as we took pictures to include a rehearsal and making sure we were while we needed to be the entire night. Jeffrey also did a great job overseeing the event. They took us into the reception room during the cocktail hour to make sure everything was accurate and they had forgotten the additional bar we had requested on the far side of the room. It was up and running in no time. They also made sure my groom and I had food and drinks whenever we wanted them. I cannot say enough about how easy they made the entire process - definitely have your wedding at The Rockleigh!

Additionally - I heard so many good things from guests on the cocktail hour and overall quality of food, which was very important to me!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Above and beyond! We had our perfect dream wedding!

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rockny at the Rockleigh was a pleasure to work with. He was eager to help make our night as special as possible. The food choices were INCREDIBLE and all guests were raving about the cocktail hour especially. Any small requests I had in the months leading up to the wedding, he was happy to help with. The day of the wedding he provided food for all the men and ladies there to get ready. I would highly recommend this venue!

• Wedding: 01/26/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I heard about the Rockleigh from another vendor when I was searching for a venue. They are extremely professional and provide an amazing experience. We were fortunate to have an available Sunday that was within my timeframe. Since they did not have any other events planned they allowed us to have the "twilight" timeframe which means we got to have a midday wedding which was perfect since it was a sunday. They were so flexible and easy to work with. The event planner was readily available and easy to contact. And the day of event was so seamless. All I had to do was show up and they took care of everything else. They made sure everybody was at the right place at the right time and transitions were seamless. I heard horror stories from other brides about stress on the day of the event but I had NONE! Thanks in part to the professionalism of the staff at the Rockleigh! I highly recommend this venue

• Wedding: 01/20/2013
Neela
201-768-7171
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards