Ritz Charles

• Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Ritz Charles staff did a great job of organizing our entire day- from ceremony through the reception. The venue is a little pricy, but we loved having catering, our cake, linens, champagne for the toast, and alcohol all included in the price we paid for plate. The staff does a great job of catering to any needs you have, and they allowed us to come in before the rehearsal to set up the chapel, which was nice. There were several events going on the weekend of our wedding, which made things a little hectic (as they had just started to set up our reception as the ceremony was beginning), and my only complaint is that our guest book (which was a personalized football jersey) was set out for signatures on the front (after specific instructions had been given to sign on the back, that was you could see our new last name, allowing us to frame the jersey in our home), which was a little disappointing. However, with that as my only complaint, I would say they did a great job!!
Wedding: 05/10/2014
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Christine 2 Reviews
Everyone was very easy to work with and very flexible. They helped us with planning every aspect of our wedding at Coxhall Gardens and made the day enjoyable for everyone.
Wedding: 05/25/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I love love love the Ritz! We had a large party and we fit with ease! They take care of SOO much for you - it was nice and felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders. Lindsey was amazing - very easy to work with, quick to respond, and made sure all of our vision came true. The new renovation is gorgeous - very neutral and goes with any theme!
Wedding: 11/10/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Quality of Service:  3.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We worked with Anne and Lyndsey. They were awesome. They were so on top of things and always answered questions promptly. I was so thankful that they were assigned to our wedding. They also provide your wedding cake if you do your reception there and ours turned out awesome!!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anonymous 2 Reviews
The Ritz Charles was AWESOME! I had my wedding in the chapel and my reception in the Garden Pavilion. Anne was helping with all the little details for the wedding, and Lindsey helped with the reception. Both went off flawlessly! I don't know what I would have done without their help! Everyone I spoke to at the Ritz Charles was professional, patient, and helpful. The food was great; so many of my guests commented on how great their meal was. They also did our cake, which was beautiful and delicious! It made the planning so much easier to get everything at one place, and I can't say enough about how helpful everyone was. I'd highly recommend the Ritz Charles to everyone!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The Ritz Charles was AWESOME! The room was fantastic, and the food was wonderful! We had a great time! I highly recommend the Ritz Charles!
Wedding: 07/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not have asked for a better event. Both Anne at the Chapel and Paula for our Reception ballroom were absolutely fabulous. No detail was left out, everything was perfect. After many visits around the city trying to find the best place for our wedding, we decided the Ritz was perfect... one may never guess by the perfection, but the Ritz was also one of the BEST values in the city as well. We saved THOUSANDS of dollars having it at he Ritz versus a landmark location or other event hall. The chapel is absolutely beautiful and is very simple to allow the bride (and groom) to decorate the space to their taste... the reception facilities have so much flexibility and options to make this space your own as well. I wouldn't have done it anywhere else in hindsight... Paula made our event truely ours, was available to help at every turn, and I couldn't have asked for a better venue!
Wedding: 06/15/2012
3.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Chelsea 5 Reviews
We rented Coxhall Gardens for our May wedding. We booked the place more then a year out. For the most part service was good (they even allowed us to email them diagrams of where to put stuff up) until the week of the wedding. We were told the Monday before the wedding that our rain back-up plan actually wasn't booked. We were told we were supposed to pay extra for it (the week of the wedding) -- huge surprise considering it had never come up before and I had emails referring to it. They did end up making other arrangements for us and luckily it didn't rain...and everything was beautiful...but still...be careful and make sure everything is in writing just in case. I would recommend to a friend ONLY b/c they control ALL Coxhall Rentals...it did work out for us. Just be careful...
Wedding: 05/11/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ritz Charles does the catering for a number of venues around the Indy area, including the Monon Center where we had our reception. I had heard nothing but great things about them and we were so pleased with the quality and creativity of the food. They worked with us so we got exactly what we wanted to serve our guests at the reception and from all the compliments we got from our guests everything turned out great! Their servers and staff were great to work with- polite, accommodating, and efficient. We wouldn't change a thing!
Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used the Ritz for my daughters wedding this past weekend. They did a wonderful jub and everything was just as planned. We could not be happier with the Ritz. The food was exactly as we wanted. My daughter was as happy as I have ever seen her. The room was stunning.THANKS!!!
Wedding: 10/22/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Ritzs Charles was great. The ceremony ( Coxhall Gardens ) was so great and they did a great job with making sure that people did not run, rude bikes, or walk through our wedding since it is a public park. My day was great they were very helping through the whole thing. The reception ( Village of West Clay Meeting House ) was great to. They made sure everything was what we wanted and more. They worked very well with us. I highly recommend them. The food was great too. Also we didn't have to worry about anything it was great. We were able to have fun and mingle with our friends and family.
Wedding: 10/08/2011
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0

Private User 8 Reviews
Overall, the venue for the ceremony (chapel) and reception (garden pavilion) was wonderful! We got great feedback from our guests and had a wonderful time. Working up to the wedding day was a little difficult, as the responsiveness from our reception coordinator was slow. Additionally, when the food was served at our reception, it was a fraction of the size of what we originally tasted and agreed upon. In addition, it was missing some of the essential parts (sauce on the chicken, for example). I would recommend this venue for the atmosphere, however be prepared to be patient and ensure you ask lots of questions!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Ritz Charles did the greatest job for our reception venue. They were extremely helpful and took care of every need. They even helped gather our presents and cake topper for my parents to get in their vehicles. They were super accomodating and I would recommend them to anyone!
Wedding: 03/05/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Timothy 3 Reviews
The Ritz Charles in Carmel, IN was by far the best option for a wedding reception that combines class with excellent food and ambiance. The staff at Ritz Charles was very accommodating and willing to work with us on all details. I can not stress enough to anyone looking for the best value for a wedding reception that the Ritz Charles offers a wonderful venue with a beautiful well maintained facility, fantastic options for dinner and drink service, and a event planner that takes care of all the details for you leading up to the big day. After comparing several venues, dinner and bar services, room size, and overall package deals, the Ritz Charles blew the competition away. And in the end, the Ritz Charles did not disappoint as the reception was flawless with great food, bar service, table service, and everything going as planned. When in doubt of your decision, choose Ritz and you won't be disappointed!
Wedding: 10/02/2010
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Great to work with. When there was an error with my cake 2 days before the wedding, they fixed it with no questions asked!!! Great location!!
Wedding: 07/25/2010
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our reception in the Garden Pavilion at Ritz Charles and it was amazing. The decor was everything that we had requested and the atmosphere was stunning. Everyone that was working with us to make our wedding perfect did a fantastic job and all of our guests kept complimenting us on picking such a wonderful reception place.
Wedding: 04/24/2010
 317-846-9158
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire