Ritz Charles

• Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Ritz Charles staff did a great job of organizing our entire day- from ceremony through the reception. The venue is a little pricy, but we loved having catering, our cake, linens, champagne for the toast, and alcohol all included in the price we paid for plate. The staff does a great job of catering to any needs you have, and they allowed us to come in before the rehearsal to set up the chapel, which was nice. There were several events going on the weekend of our wedding, which made things a little hectic (as they had just started to set up our reception as the ceremony was beginning), and my only complaint is that our guest book (which was a personalized football jersey) was set out for signatures on the front (after specific instructions had been given to sign on the back, that was you could see our new last name, allowing us to frame the jersey in our home), which was a little disappointing. However, with that as my only complaint, I would say they did a great job!!
Wedding: 05/10/2014
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Christine 2 Reviews
Everyone was very easy to work with and very flexible. They helped us with planning every aspect of our wedding at Coxhall Gardens and made the day enjoyable for everyone.
Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We worked with Lindsey for our planning and had Renee the night of our event. Both ladies did an excellent job. When we went to sample our menu (food and CAKE!) they had set up a table with the linens we had selected so we could see how it would look, and the food was delish! The staff the night of our reception was wonderful as well, I've gotten many compliments from our family and friends about the evening. Looking back I really wouldn't change a thing, you can't go wrong here!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I love love love the Ritz! We had a large party and we fit with ease! They take care of SOO much for you - it was nice and felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders. Lindsey was amazing - very easy to work with, quick to respond, and made sure all of our vision came true. The new renovation is gorgeous - very neutral and goes with any theme!
Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Quality of Service:  3.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We worked with Anne and Lyndsey. They were awesome. They were so on top of things and always answered questions promptly. I was so thankful that they were assigned to our wedding. They also provide your wedding cake if you do your reception there and ours turned out awesome!!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Super friendly people and very accommodating. I changed my mind a lot and they helped me every time with a smile.
Wedding: 09/15/2012

Anonymous 2 Reviews
The Ritz Charles was AWESOME! I had my wedding in the chapel and my reception in the Garden Pavilion. Anne was helping with all the little details for the wedding, and Lindsey helped with the reception. Both went off flawlessly! I don't know what I would have done without their help! Everyone I spoke to at the Ritz Charles was professional, patient, and helpful. The food was great; so many of my guests commented on how great their meal was. They also did our cake, which was beautiful and delicious! It made the planning so much easier to get everything at one place, and I can't say enough about how helpful everyone was. I'd highly recommend the Ritz Charles to everyone!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The Ritz Charles was AWESOME! The room was fantastic, and the food was wonderful! We had a great time! I highly recommend the Ritz Charles!
Wedding: 07/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not have asked for a better event. Both Anne at the Chapel and Paula for our Reception ballroom were absolutely fabulous. No detail was left out, everything was perfect. After many visits around the city trying to find the best place for our wedding, we decided the Ritz was perfect... one may never guess by the perfection, but the Ritz was also one of the BEST values in the city as well. We saved THOUSANDS of dollars having it at he Ritz versus a landmark location or other event hall. The chapel is absolutely beautiful and is very simple to allow the bride (and groom) to decorate the space to their taste... the reception facilities have so much flexibility and options to make this space your own as well. I wouldn't have done it anywhere else in hindsight... Paula made our event truely ours, was available to help at every turn, and I couldn't have asked for a better venue!
Wedding: 06/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My experience with The Ritz Charles was very good. The facility (the Garden Pavilion) was beautiful, the table setups were a setup were as we discussed and even exceeded my expectations. Everything that we discussed per our contract, for instance colors of linens, decorations, table runners and centerpieces that I provided, were just as discussed. In a word, they were perfect. Luckily we were able to have access to the venue one day prior to our rehearsal and they were accommodating with us bringing in wedding props (garden arbor, planters, centerpieces, etc). This was extremely helpful for our party so we didn’t have to do it the day of the rehearsal. The staff of The Ritz Charles were completely knowledgeable, helpful, and fabulous in every way.
During their Bridal experience in March, when we were able to sample all things available to us on the menu for our wedding dinner, it was very well run. The food was amazing, and the servers that presented the food were very knowledgably about sauce contents and what meats and vegetables were commonly paired together. It helped us narrow down our choices from chicken to cake. Paula was extremely helpful and friendly. She answered my seemingly never-ending questions and if she didn’t know the answer to one of them, she got back to me in a timely manner.
On the day of our wedding, the manager, Renee, was completely helpful, completely accommodating, completely awesome. Our wedding ceremony and all the events following went smoothly. She kept things moving and everything on time! Renee and a few members of the staff were extremely helpful in packing the gifts and centerpieces at the end of the evening. Everyone was kind, clean, well groomed, and well mannered. The food completely lived up to our expectations. It was hot, tasty, and delicious! The entire meal was served in a timely manner. The cake not only tasted far beyond our wildest dreams, but it was a work of art. The baker, using only a picture from the internet, totally replicated my idea and made it even better! I was 100% pleased. All our guests were wanting seconds! The bar and the bar tender were fabulous! Good humored and seemed to be just as excited to be there as we were. We received many compliments on him.
Our only issue with The Ritz Charles was that they lacked/ didn’t provide a bride’s room because we only signed a contract to rent the Garden Pavilion. Other than that, we had a completely satisfying experience with The Ritz Charles. I would highly recommend them for any celebration especially a wedding!
Wedding: 05/12/2012
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Chelsea 5 Reviews
We rented Coxhall Gardens for our May wedding. We booked the place more then a year out. For the most part service was good (they even allowed us to email them diagrams of where to put stuff up) until the week of the wedding. We were told the Monday before the wedding that our rain back-up plan actually wasn't booked. We were told we were supposed to pay extra for it (the week of the wedding) -- huge surprise considering it had never come up before and I had emails referring to it. They did end up making other arrangements for us and luckily it didn't rain...and everything was beautiful...but still...be careful and make sure everything is in writing just in case. I would recommend to a friend ONLY b/c they control ALL Coxhall Rentals...it did work out for us. Just be careful...
Wedding: 05/11/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ritz Charles does the catering for a number of venues around the Indy area, including the Monon Center where we had our reception. I had heard nothing but great things about them and we were so pleased with the quality and creativity of the food. They worked with us so we got exactly what we wanted to serve our guests at the reception and from all the compliments we got from our guests everything turned out great! Their servers and staff were great to work with- polite, accommodating, and efficient. We wouldn't change a thing!
Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used the Ritz for my daughters wedding this past weekend. They did a wonderful jub and everything was just as planned. We could not be happier with the Ritz. The food was exactly as we wanted. My daughter was as happy as I have ever seen her. The room was stunning.THANKS!!!
Wedding: 10/22/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Ritzs Charles was great. The ceremony ( Coxhall Gardens ) was so great and they did a great job with making sure that people did not run, rude bikes, or walk through our wedding since it is a public park. My day was great they were very helping through the whole thing. The reception ( Village of West Clay Meeting House ) was great to. They made sure everything was what we wanted and more. They worked very well with us. I highly recommend them. The food was great too. Also we didn't have to worry about anything it was great. We were able to have fun and mingle with our friends and family.
Wedding: 10/08/2011
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0

Private User 8 Reviews
Overall, the venue for the ceremony (chapel) and reception (garden pavilion) was wonderful! We got great feedback from our guests and had a wonderful time. Working up to the wedding day was a little difficult, as the responsiveness from our reception coordinator was slow. Additionally, when the food was served at our reception, it was a fraction of the size of what we originally tasted and agreed upon. In addition, it was missing some of the essential parts (sauce on the chicken, for example). I would recommend this venue for the atmosphere, however be prepared to be patient and ensure you ask lots of questions!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this venue. We got married this month and have been planning since November 2009. Jessica was incredible every step of the way. Her timely responses helped planning move along easily. Her expertise provided comfort in making decisions about colors and table linens and flower decor. Her patience made me feel like it was okay to change my mind and like I wasn't being a crazy bride. She totally worked within my budget and actually got us under budget which we were just thrilled with. The food was wonderful. The cake tasted great. There are just endless options to meet anyone's needs and the full-service catering being onsite was so great to have it all combined. The day of the wedding she and her boss, Mark, helped make every last detail work out perfectly. I felt like they would have bent over backwards for me to make me comfortable and I am forever grateful for such a flawless wedding because of them. I will miss talking to Jessica so often now that it's over and will recommend her and The Ritz to anyone getting married in the Indianapolis area. I absolutely loved working with them and getting married there. Five stars doesn't do them justice.
Wedding: 05/07/2011
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 317-846-9158
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire