Ritz Charles

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue is fantastic! It makes the wedding experience much less stressful!

• Wedding: [Private]
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved using the Ritz so much! They had so many features included in their venue, like cake, linens, table cards, candles, table mirrors, etc. The staff was friendly on the day of, and the coordinator I worked with was so helpful and flexible to meet with. I loved that 6 of us got to taste different food options before we decided on a meal to serve at the wedding. I would choose them all over again if I could!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I truly think the Ritz Charles has to be the best venue to get married in central Indiana. Throughout our whole planning experience, everything was made so easy for us. Elise was our reception coordinator (we had our reception in the Garden Pavilion). She was so wonderful, friendly, and easy to work with every step of the way. When we were unsure about the food at the menu tastings (particularly the chicken), she arranged with the chef for us to come in for a private tasting. The food, and especially the chicken, ended up being delicious!!! We were so pleased and felt like the Ritz went out of their way to make sure we were happy with it.

Anne was our chapel coordinator and she was just amazing. She was so sweet and fun to work with. I thought her job was mainly just to open and close the chapel for us, but she did so much more!! From welcoming guests, helping with seating since we didn't have ushers, she also set up our decorations, and so much more. Any issues that arised (such as the shuttle from our hotel running late), she calmly mentioned to me so I was informed but made sure I didn't have to worry about ANYTHING. She made everything run smoothly and seamlessly. I even showed up with a wedding picture of my mom and dad that we wanted to display but didn't have a frame (last minute wedding problems!!), and she ran over to the main building and found a frame for us to use.

Angie was our "day of" manager for food, beverage, and EVERYTHING at our reception. She was so sweet and made sure my groom and I were taken care of the whole time. She anticipated our needs before we even knew we needed anything. As soon as the ceremony was over, she was in the chapel with signature drinks for us to enjoy before we took pictures. Then she returned with drinks for our whole wedding party! She not only attended to us but I know she made sure our guests were well taken care of throughout dinner and the whole reception. It was absolutely a pleasure having her around t

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ritz Charles catered our wedding reception and facilitated the entire day. We had several compliments about how classy the venue was, how great the food tasted, and how accommodating the staff was. Throughout the whole process Meghan was fantastic. She was very responsive to any questions that I had and had some great ideas for the wedding. I was planning our wedding/reception from about 1000 miles away, so it was important for me to have all of the details covered. Meghan saw that anything I asked for was made possible. I really appreciate the entire staff who participated in our big day. It was a perfect, stress free day thanks to them!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Couldn't have had a more beautiful wedding at coxhall gardens! The staff was great from the whole planning, to our wedding day. Had a great experience

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue is gorgeous and all of the staff made it perfect. The st add at the Ritz does all of your set up and take down at the end of the night. There was no worries throughout the day. I enjoyed working with Lindsay one of the reception coordinators.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Ritz Charles staff did a great job of organizing our entire day- from ceremony through the reception. The venue is a little pricy, but we loved having catering, our cake, linens, champagne for the toast, and alcohol all included in the price we paid for plate. The staff does a great job of catering to any needs you have, and they allowed us to come in before the rehearsal to set up the chapel, which was nice. There were several events going on the weekend of our wedding, which made things a little hectic (as they had just started to set up our reception as the ceremony was beginning), and my only complaint is that our guest book (which was a personalized football jersey) was set out for signatures on the front (after specific instructions had been given to sign on the back, that was you could see our new last name, allowing us to frame the jersey in our home), which was a little disappointing. However, with that as my only complaint, I would say they did a great job!!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone was very easy to work with and very flexible. They helped us with planning every aspect of our wedding at Coxhall Gardens and made the day enjoyable for everyone.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Christine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Lindsey for our planning and had Renee the night of our event. Both ladies did an excellent job. When we went to sample our menu (food and CAKE!) they had set up a table with the linens we had selected so we could see how it would look, and the food was delish! The staff the night of our reception was wonderful as well, I've gotten many compliments from our family and friends about the evening. Looking back I really wouldn't change a thing, you can't go wrong here!

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love love love the Ritz! We had a large party and we fit with ease! They take care of SOO much for you - it was nice and felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders. Lindsey was amazing - very easy to work with, quick to respond, and made sure all of our vision came true. The new renovation is gorgeous - very neutral and goes with any theme!

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Anne and Lyndsey. They were awesome. They were so on top of things and always answered questions promptly. I was so thankful that they were assigned to our wedding. They also provide your wedding cake if you do your reception there and ours turned out awesome!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Anonymous
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Super friendly people and very accommodating. I changed my mind a lot and they helped me every time with a smile.

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Ritz Charles was AWESOME! I had my wedding in the chapel and my reception in the Garden Pavilion. Anne was helping with all the little details for the wedding, and Lindsey helped with the reception. Both went off flawlessly! I don't know what I would have done without their help! Everyone I spoke to at the Ritz Charles was professional, patient, and helpful. The food was great; so many of my guests commented on how great their meal was. They also did our cake, which was beautiful and delicious! It made the planning so much easier to get everything at one place, and I can't say enough about how helpful everyone was. I'd highly recommend the Ritz Charles to everyone!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Anonymous
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The Ritz Charles was AWESOME! The room was fantastic, and the food was wonderful! We had a great time! I highly recommend the Ritz Charles!

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have asked for a better event. Both Anne at the Chapel and Paula for our Reception ballroom were absolutely fabulous. No detail was left out, everything was perfect. After many visits around the city trying to find the best place for our wedding, we decided the Ritz was perfect... one may never guess by the perfection, but the Ritz was also one of the BEST values in the city as well. We saved THOUSANDS of dollars having it at he Ritz versus a landmark location or other event hall. The chapel is absolutely beautiful and is very simple to allow the bride (and groom) to decorate the space to their taste... the reception facilities have so much flexibility and options to make this space your own as well. I wouldn't have done it anywhere else in hindsight... Paula made our event truely ours, was available to help at every turn, and I couldn't have asked for a better venue!

• Wedding: 06/15/2012
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My experience with The Ritz Charles was very good. The facility (the Garden Pavilion) was beautiful, the table setups were a setup were as we discussed and even exceeded my expectations. Everything that we discussed per our contract, for instance colors of linens, decorations, table runners and centerpieces that I provided, were just as discussed. In a word, they were perfect. Luckily we were able to have access to the venue one day prior to our rehearsal and they were accommodating with us bringing in wedding props (garden arbor, planters, centerpieces, etc). This was extremely helpful for our party so we didn’t have to do it the day of the rehearsal. The staff of The Ritz Charles were completely knowledgeable, helpful, and fabulous in every way.
During their Bridal experience in March, when we were able to sample all things available to us on the menu for our wedding dinner, it was very well run. The food was amazing, and the servers that presented the food were very knowledgably about sauce contents and what meats and vegetables were commonly paired together. It helped us narrow down our choices from chicken to cake. Paula was extremely helpful and friendly. She answered my seemingly never-ending questions and if she didn’t know the answer to one of them, she got back to me in a timely manner.
On the day of our wedding, the manager, Renee, was completely helpful, completely accommodating, completely awesome. Our wedding ceremony and all the events following went smoothly. She kept things moving and everything on time! Renee and a few members of the staff were extremely helpful in packing the gifts and centerpieces at the end of the evening. Everyone was kind, clean, well groomed, and well mannered. The food completely lived up to our expectations. It was hot, tasty, and delicious! The entire meal was served in a timely manner. The cake not only tasted far beyond our wildest dreams, but it was a work of art. The baker, using only a picture from the internet, totally replicated my idea and made it even better! I was 100% pleased. All our guests were wanting seconds! The bar and the bar tender were fabulous! Good humored and seemed to be just as excited to be there as we were. We received many compliments on him.
Our only issue with The Ritz Charles was that they lacked/ didn’t provide a bride’s room because we only signed a contract to rent the Garden Pavilion. Other than that, we had a completely satisfying experience with The Ritz Charles. I would highly recommend them for any celebration especially a wedding!

• Wedding: 05/12/2012
317-846-9158
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7