Rev Frank Mak

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.5 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Frank Mak is such a kind and genuine person! Our wedding was on Easter Sunday, so we were afraid that it would be hard to find someone to officiate the wedding. We had absolutely no problems securing our date with Rev Mak. It was also awesome that he coordinated his outfit to match our colors!

• Wedding: 04/20/2014
Profile Picture
Charis & Travis
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Frank Mak is amazing!! He was a special touch to our ceremony!!

• Wedding: 04/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Reverend Frank is the real deal. He was so warm and lovely and gave us the perfect ceremony. We had a destination wedding and wanted a Christian ceremony but with a Hawaiian flare and he did blessings for us in both English and Hawaiian. He was also wonderful at suggesting ideas for readings and he even wore a matching color to officiate the ceremony. Wonderful, lovely man and I'm so glad he was part of our special day.

• Wedding: 04/08/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Mak is great. He is calm and friendly and we liked how he could do either a Christian or a non-denominational ceremony.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Private User
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were rushing to the last minute to our wedding and didn't have much time to finalize lots detail with Frank. He was so clam and collective when we finally met him at the wedding. Planning a bilingual ceremony was difficult and we thank Frank to do his best. The family were really pleased with the wonderful ceremony. He will make your wedding flawless smooth.

• Wedding: 06/24/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev Frank Mak officiated at our wedding 2 years ago. It is now our 2nd wedding anniversary. We now live in Canada (moved from UK) looking back at our photo's - the happy faces at the beach service, brings back all the good feelings we had on the day. We could not have asked for a better service, so relaxed yet fun. We hope to go back & personally thank him for our first anniversary card he sent us. Highly recommended.

• Wedding: 04/29/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev Mak was probably one of my most favorite vendors. He was always exceedingly warm, friendly, and kind to everyone. Even when I called him asking for a completely non-religious ceremony, he was very kind and helpful, and I never felt judged, asking a religious man to perform a ceremony for an agnostic couple. He was incredibly helpful from the get go. Offering to send us maps he has made of our wedding site previously etc. He clearly has done many weddings and is good at explaining the typical order of events in a ceremony. On the day of the wedding, he was very kind, professional, warm and sincere. I know it must be hard to sincerely recite yet another set of wedding vows when you do it everyday, but I felt he was really "there" with us and tried to be sure to mean everything he said. And as requested, he did not ever mention God, but instead had a very well-spoken sermon about relationships and love that should apply to every marriage. We truly appreciated him, and felt he cared for everyone there.

I'm not sure what happened to the previous reviewer. But I can say that does not at all sound like his typical demeanor at all. And having only one side of that story makes me wonder about the competency of the wedding coordinators to get things done according to the schedule.

• Wedding: 04/16/2009
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I read great reviews of Frank Mak, and expected the best service from him. However, on my WEDDING DAY, right before the ceremony, he yelled at my entire wedding party, groom, and coordinators just because we were not lined up as quickly as he wanted us to. My wedding party was the best, they didn't tell me what happened until recently since they didn't want to ruin my wedding day - but everyone was very upset by what happened. It is just sad that someone who is supposed to bring people together and be a man of god can act the way that he did. I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend him, unless you want to take the chance that he can ruin your wedding too.

• Wedding: 07/20/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

He is the best.. The ceremony was exactly how we wanted it..

• Wedding: 06/28/2008
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Rev Frank Mak is very nice. Recommend.

• Wedding: 05/18/2008
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We heard great things about Reverend Mak as soon as we arrived in Hawaii for our destination wedding. He was very friendly and sincere, and the ceremony he performed was perfect for our event. He even wore a pink shirt to match our wedding colors!

• Wedding: 05/17/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev Mak was wonderful! He was recommended through TheKnot and so we didn't know what to expect. He was patient, friendly, courteous, understanding, and had a great sense of humor. He is a pro at what he does beacuse he was so thorough with everything. We would definately recommend him!!

• Wedding: 04/20/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Frank Mak was absolutely amazing for our wedding. Coming from California, we we did our research and decided to meet with Rev. Mak a few months before our wedding in November 2006. He welcomed us in his home and we spent over an hour getting to know one another. His kind heart and passion made us feel comfortable with choosing him as the perfect person to marry us. The day of our wedding was wonderful. We married at Lanikuhonua Cultural Institute and the ceremony he performed was so beautiful that I could not have wished for anything different. Thank you Reverend Frank Mak. We will hopefully be seeing you again soon for renewals :) Leticia & Manuel Melendez

• Wedding: 11/11/2006
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Reverend Frank Mak is an excellent officiant. He takes a concerted interest in the couples that he agrees to marry and is very considerate of agnostic couples like my husband and myself. He also is extremely professional and warm. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

• Wedding: 07/03/2006
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I come from Sweden and we contacted " A wedding in Hawaii " and Roger Parson to arrange our wedding on November 11th, 2005. We had never met Frank Mak before the wedding ceremony on the beach. My first impression of him was that he was very calm, relaxed and friendly. He was also nicely dressed in a White Hawaiian shirt and pants and wore a typical Hawaiian male necklace. Just what we wanted. Everything was so peaceful and even if it is almost 9 years ago I can remember every second of it. We would certainly recommend Frank Mak to everyone who wants to go to Hawaii to get married. We love him!! Thank you Frank Mak for making us feel so special on our Special day. We will always remember you. MAHALO!!!

• Wedding: 11/11/2005
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Mak officiated our wedding 7 years ago on a bright spring day and then officiated our daughter's wedding in December of the same year. Then several years later, our friends flew to Honolulu for their wedding and Rev. Mak also officiated their wedding. When we think of our weddings and those special times when we flew to Hawaii, we remember Rev. Mak with such warmth and kindness. He is truly a "from the heart" kinda guy. The Kinders

• Wedding: 04/07/2005