Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club

• Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 6 Reviews
Our daughter’s wedding day was beautiful and the facilities for the bridal party were extraordinary; everyone had a wonderful time! The food at the reception was well presented and delicious. However, the process of getting to that point was not always easy; we struggled with the management to get decent wine service during dinner (we didn't want our guests to have to go to the bar during their meal and stand in line for a glass of wine) and to get the wine we wanted to be served. There was an obvious lack of communication between the wine steward and the director of catering which got to the point where we almost started to believe that we were being purposefully misled. It eventually got resolved but only because we really pushed back and requested clarification. It seemed that we kept running up against other problems also but were rarely offered solutions to them. During the set-up of the buffet table, our own vendors ended up directing the staff how to do it correctly. Half way through the reception, the women's locker room (the lounge) was locked and our guests were standing in line to use the one bathroom located in the lobby. Our member sponsor was mortified (they, in fact, are not having their own son's wedding there). When I finally asked someone to open the locker room, I was told that they were cleaning it for the LPGA tournament the next day. I reminded them that our reception was still going on and I would appreciate our guests having access to the bathrooms. The bathroom was opened for a short time. Not of these issues alone was remarkable, it's just that all together it didn't create a pleasant experience. Pumpkin Ridge is a phenomenal golf course and the staff is very adept at putting on golf tournaments and related functions. Most of the time, we simply felt that our wedding wasn't particularly important to them.
Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club responded with the following comments:
Thank you for the complimentary remarks- we enjoyed having such a beautiful wedding & reception take place here at our venue!! I am terribly sorry that you felt you weren’t important to us during the process—I always try to respond as quickly as possible and find reasonable solutions for both parties involved and take this task to heart as well. Unfortunately there was indeed some miscommunication on both parties part concerning the wine, but I was under the impression and truly believed that the end result was more than satisfactory- special effort was made to bring in a wine vendor that is not currently on our vendor list or is in our offerings AND we were also able provide the requested table service during the dinner hour. I feel terribly about the inconvenience of the restrooms—this was not something I was aware had happened, nor should it have been an issue at all. Please feel free to contact me directly with any other feedback- we appreciate you as a client and your recommendation is very important to us~ Warm Regards, Morgan Lutgen
Wedding: 1+ year ago
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything was wonderful! We got lots of compliments on the food.
Wedding: 10/01/2011
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our ceremony at Witch Hollow and our reception in the club house at Ghost Creek. Pumpkin Ridge was amazing in terms of quality and service. Morgan was great to work with since she was very clear on what I wanted and she made sure to deliver on the wedding day. Additionally, the food was amazing and there was an abundant to go around. Pumpkin Ridge made sure that your guests were wowed. All in all, Pumpkin was a classy, sophisticated, and an excellent choice for a wedding venue.
Wedding: 08/27/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I were blown away by the venue and catering of Pumpkin Ridge. We were able to have our wedding on the Private side of Pumpkin Ridge and I would strongly recommend having your wedding here. The day was so beautiful and the food was better than I expected. Even the presentation was like at a 5 star restaurant. They really catered to our needs and the event manager, Morgan, was truly amazing. Thank you again!!!
Wedding: 07/23/2011
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We had our wedding reception at Pumpkin Ridge last weekend. It was beautiful. The Decor was amazing and the food was top notch! The value was also reasonable. My only issue was that there was a staff change, mid planning. There were quite a few communication issues leading up to the event. At our event some crucial things were missed, but the staff was quick to respond and extremely flexible. The venue is accomidationg and the views are breathtaking. The catering staff is amazing and the food is some of the best I have ever had. I believe that once thier coordinating staff gets a little more experienced they will be pulling off phenomenal events.
Wedding: 05/07/2011
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Pumpkin Ridge has everything which made our venue choice easy. The food was delicious, there were no extra rentals, and the event planner was helpful.
Wedding: 07/11/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 888-643-8370
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire