poppy studio photography

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

We were so fortunate to find Eve and work with her for our engagement photos and wedding. She came down to NYC for our engagement photos and got us comfortable with the process since neither my husband or I love being in the spotlight. Eve was personable and took some amazing shots. She had a quick turnaround time with the photos and has a great eye - the photos she picked for our sneak peek were in fact some of our favorites. We had a few calls before the wedding day to get the timeline down and the day went smoothly. She and her husband John moved stealthy all over the place - they were always there when I wanted a photo but were never obtrusive. Only a week after the wedding and we already have a sneak peek of about 50 photos which are gorgeous. We can't wait to see the rest!

Services Used: Photography

What an amazing experience! Eve and Kevin were fun and professional and went to great lengths to get the best pictures! Poppy studio and Eve Prime were beyond my expectations. I was nervous about my weight in pictures and I told this to Eve who reassured me and gave me tips on how to pose in pictures to hide some problem areas. Not to mention the photos are gorgeous! Thanks Eve!!!!

Becky
10/07/2012

Eve and her husband John not only provided amazing wedding pictures, but they were also so helpful and fun to work with. From our engagement shoot with Eve in which she happily dragged her gear around in 90 degree heat by the Bronx River, to our planning discussions where she really understood the spirit of our wedding, we had a great time together. We are currently in the process of selecting our favorite photos for the album and it is going to be exceedingly difficult, as there are so many great ones. As a person who feels like they never look good in pictures, not only do I finally have some good pictures of myself, but also my friends, family and wedding captured in a plethora of unique and gorgeous photos.

Danielle
08/18/2012

I was an out of town bride (although born in NY, I now live in Oregon) and literally had to choose my photographer by price/gut feeling. I found Eve through google and did some research on her. We then had our first meeting via skype. She seemed perfect and within 5 minutes after our meeting my fiance, now husband and I decided she was the perfect fit for the job. Normally after people contract with their photographer they do engagement shots but, due to the distance that was not possible. Eve took the time then to adjust her package deals to fit our needs and scouted out our church and reception site to ensure our satisfaction was met. We finally met her the night before our wedding and knew we had made the right choice. The day of our wedding she was on time and ready to go! I would not have asked for a better photographer.

Basically, if you want someone creative, responsive, professional, and awesome then choose Eve!

Services Used: Photography

My fiancée and I met with Eve Prime of Poppy Studios and knew immediately that she was the photographer we wanted. Firstly, her work was fantastic in all regards--from beauty, composition, memorability, and emotion, but most especially for us…personality. On our wedding day, she and her staff not only truly captured us, our families and friends and made us all look like a million bucks, she captured everyone’s personalities too. Whether posed or spontaneous, they brought the best out of everyone they shot and still stayed true to who those folks are. When working with her beforehand, she made sure from the beginning that we were getting exactly what we wanted. From the engagement photos, to the wedding photos, to the wedding portraits, she was open and receptive, creative (and spot-on) in her own suggestions, supportive when we needed it, responsive, patient, and just truly a delight to work with.

We couldn’t be happier with Poppy Studios, and we will definitely use them again.

puppypowre
12/11/2010

We had an instant rapport with Eve, the owner of Poppy Studios. Her work was fantastic and we were excited to see the beautiful portraits that were to come for our own wedding. She was extremely organized and prepared thoroughly beforehand. The day was magnificent and Eve managed our two large families wonderfully for the group shots. We were so pleased with the outcome--a combination of interesting candids and fabulously lit and composed portraits. It all told a nice story of our wedding day. I highly recommend Poppy studios for your next event!

Services Used: Photography

If I had the choice I would give Poppy Studio 100 stars! They did an outstanding job for my wedding. The quality off the photographs is incredible and they captured every moment of our special day. Our guests truly enjoyed the "photo-booth". I highly recommend adding this onto your package! Overall my experience with Poppy Studio was wonderful and I am thrilled with the results!

Services Used: Photography

I was very comfortable working with Eve. She did a wonderful job, she made it very easy for me, being a nervous bride, and was able to think on her feet in changing situations. Most importantly, I LOVED my pics! None of the pictures came out "over posed". They were very warm and captured the emotions of the day and the personalities of those she photographed. I definately would recommend her to all!

Services Used: Photography

Eve was amazing. She spent enough time with us before hand to get an idea what we wanted and to get an overall feel for our wedding. She scouted the location so she would be prepared. She and John did a great job at the wedding and captured some wonderful moments which we will always have a memory of. The pictures all came out great and she worked with us to get us the perfect prints and albums. I would highly recommend Poppy Studio for anyone looking for a photographer for a wedding, portraits, or anything else!

Services Used: Photography

Eve spent a lot of time with us before the wedding to get to know our personal style, and then she came to visit the site of the wedding to scope out advantageous angles, indoors and out. We love the "photobooth" she set up, as did our guests, who flocked to have candid snapshots to help them to remember our special day for years to come. Eve took beautiful and sensitive formal and spontaneous photos, and then she made a sample album for us that we love. She made a large number of perfect prints for us on short notice, which was above and beyond. Best of all, she and her friendly assistant John were unobtrusive and joyous participants at our wedding, and we enjoyed them as much as any of our guests.

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I were very happy with the photographs that were taken at our wedding and engagement shoot. Eve was very responsive and easy to work with, and she and her husband John worked well together on our wedding day. We especially liked the "photo lounge"--our guests loved the idea and it was a lot of fun! Eve had suggested using a nice frame as a prop in the photo lounge, and it was a hit! If you are on the fence about the photo lounge, I suggest that you go with it--I preferred it over the typical photo booth that I have seen at other weddings. The quality of the album that we received was amazing and everyone loves it!!

Kimberly
06/02/2012

Eve at Poppy Studios was wonderful to work with for our wedding day photography. First of all, not only were the pictures absolutely beautiful, but she and her assistant were friendly, on- time, professional and easy to work with. Moreover, Eve was very accommodating (especially important when planning a wedding and time is a premium) including meeting us at the site the week before to scout good picture spots and traveling to a location we selected for engagement pictures (included in the package). Overall, we were very happy with the entire process and most importantly, the end result!

Services Used: Photography

Eve at Poppy Studio was the photographer for my wedding and she was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process.

She was very responsive to any inquiry or question and went above and beyond on many occasions. Especially, when she went to scout the location beforehand to ensure pictures were taken at the best locations. Her portrait and detail shots were very professional and
I would definitely recommend her and use her in the future!